Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-06-2014, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really enjoyed Dallas Buyers Club. Watched Short Term 12 today and loved it. One of my favorites this year.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Really enjoyed Dallas Buyers Club. Watched Short Term 12 today and loved it. One of my favorites this year.
I liked Dallas Buyers Club as well, but enjoy is a tricky word. Leto was amazing, and McConaughey is pretty much on pure fire. I really need to see Short Term 12.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agh, must see Short Term 12. Must have Brie Larson.

Saw Walter Mitty yesterday because it was the thing to do with who I was with. It got some things right, overall was what you would expect. Obvious gripes to be had with the scale of possibilities, hokey clichés and some Stiller-isms but it kept my interest and that's all I could ask for from it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larson deserves best actress for her performance. All the actors were great. Its an incredible movie.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Inside Llewyn Davis yesterday, and loved every minute of it. Easily me early favourite for movie of the year.
Dallas Buyers Club was pretty good as well.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:10 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Watched Inside Llewyn Davis yesterday, and loved every minute of it. Easily me early favourite for movie of the year.
Dallas Buyers Club was pretty good as well.
I saw Inside Llewyn Davis on New Years Eve. When it finished I thought it was a good movie with great songs and great performances, but a day or two later it really caught up with me how amazing it really was. I have had the whole soundtrack stuck in my head since seeing it but that isn't the sole reason for the movie rising in my mind. I don't think its my favorite Cohen Brothers movie, but they are really evolving as writers and filmmakers. There are certain consistencies to their style but this film and a serious man have been their most nuanced films. Not sure I have a full conclusion from the movie or even on the Cohens, but some they are amazing and this movie was amazing.

The only part of the movie that seemed a little weak to me was the relationship with Carey mulligan. It felt a bit rushed and not fully developed. Then again, with this movie being structured as being a week or so in LLewyn Davis' life, its not going to offer a full arc or full development.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent points, and I totally agree. I went straight home and downloaded the soundtrack, and been listening to it all day. Will probably go back and watch the movie again this weekend, since saturdays are half price in my local cinema this month.

As far as favourite Coen films, its to early for me to tell, where this will end up on my list. Lebowski will probably always be my #1. I grew up with that film, and still watch it a couple of times a year. I love that movie to death.

Beyond that, I usually just put their work into "Great Coen" or "Bad Coen". Inside Llewyn Davies is easily in the "Great Coen" box along with No Country For Old Men, Fargo, O Brother, True Grit, A Serious Man, Millers Crossing and more.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's such a thing as bad coen?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably have to rewatch A Serious Man at some point. I may have been affected from watching it with somebody who was really not into it but it just didn't stick with me.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
There's such a thing as bad coen?
Its rare, but it exists..

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
Old 01-09-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Its rare, but it exists..

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
Yeah Ladykillers was just a complete whiff, but almost everyone gets one once in a while.

I thought "The Man Who Wasn't There" was awful, but I can see how it can divisive.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elysium was average. Production value was fantastic though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lone Survivor, seeing it tomorrow.
I've seen Marcus speak before, amazing the guy is still alive.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

her was absolutely fantastic. so many feels.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
her was absolutely fantastic. so many feels.
Watching it tomorrow night. I can't wait.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Watching it tomorrow night. I can't wait.
I haven't been that affected by a movie, well, ever probably. And it wasn't the AI aspect at all. 2 scenes just resonated with me so strongly that I felt like I needed to get up and leave the theater.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Saw it last night. I know those feels, Rob. I thought the movie was pretty great.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I haven't been that affected by a movie, well, ever probably. And it wasn't the AI aspect at all. 2 scenes just resonated with me so strongly that I felt like I needed to get up and leave the theater.
Well if I was your roommate, I could console you afterwards with my lovely words. BUT SOMEONE HAS TO LIVE IN OUTRAGEOUS RATESVILLE.

I'm leaving to see it in about 10 minutes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2014, 08:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Sole Survivor today. Outstanding. They're right that it's the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan.

A few scenes that were very difficult to watch. Had to look away during one kill shot.

Great info learned, and lessons learned for our whole military.

Not sure if any of you have friends or family in the military, but those guys are tougher than we are...... God bless em.

Go see the movie.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched a screener for Lone Survivor. I enjoyed it. Tons of action but quite a bit was clearly exaggerated from the book.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

So Her was brilliant. Just wow.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:26 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Flight again as it's on Netflix. I thought I wouldn't care for a second viewing (saw it in theaters), but I enjoyed it once more. Love Robert Zemeckis. And I don't think I'll ever tire of Denzel Washington's performance in this film. Especially in a specific scene near the end. And funny how one (John Gatins) goes from doing the screenplay for Real Steel and then goes on to write Flight.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-12-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Watched a screener for Lone Survivor. I enjoyed it. Tons of action but quite a bit was clearly exaggerated from the book.
You read the book?
I did not.

What was exaggerated?
You can PM me if spoilers.

Why are all the guys in here seeing HER, but not Sole Survivor?
Toughen up boys.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Shut up and go away

RIP TheManInBlack