Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-10-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what movies are you guys looking forward to this summer?

Locke looks pretty good. I will see Transcendence though the reviews don't make it look too great. Godzilla looks ******* amazing. I am more excited for Guardians of the Galaxy than I have been for any other marvel movie but quite a bit. Can't wait. I'll check out the new Sin City but I am not even close to as excited as I was about the last one. Raid 2 is another I really want to see.

Not a lot of comedies jumping out at me this summer. 22 Jump Street will probably be good but usually there are a tonne more I am excited for. I am sure I am just missing some.

Looks like it will be a strong time for movies later in the year. A bunch look really good and of course Inherent Vice will be incredible and will win the Oscar (one of these years I will be right about a PT Anderson film winning though I suppose Kubrick never got his).
Old 04-10-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

X-Men Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
Godzilla
Lucy
Transcendence
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
The Amazing Spiderman 2
Chef
Transformers Age of Extinction
Expendables 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-10-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way RZA needs to rethink his approach to film.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

22 Jump street will hopefully be as delightful as the first one, that was a really good surprise comedy that year. Guardians looks very solid, and Raid 2 is a must see. Godzilla only interests me for Cranston. Locke looks intriguing but I have no idea what its about. I'm worries sin city wont be good, idk why but just have a feeling it isn't going to pull off what the first one did. Never heard of Vice.

And yes, X-men will hopefully return to form with Singer back at the helm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Totally forgot Lucy. It looks pretty good. Could be a return to form for Luc Besson. Definitely going to see it.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes, Killion unfortunately turned out to be just another evil white industrialist which we already had in Iron Man 1 and 2. And him fighting Iron Man with his shirt off and doing flaming karate chops doesn't make him the Mandarin. Kind of reminded me of the second Fantastic Four film when Galactus was just a huge cloud. The film is already over the top anyway, just make Galactus, Galatcus. Just like the Mandarin should be the Mandarin, not a vague metaphorical interpretation of him suited for modern times. And no one would have thought the Mandarin was a racist name for folks who were thinking that. That's just stupid. It's 2014. Come on.

/nerd rant over.
In the comics Galactus was a huge cloud to some. He takes the form of the species he's being viewed by right? Though I agree they could've done him better. If the actors who played Mr. fantastic and Dr Doom weren't soooo terrible those movies would've been sooo much better. Dr Doom is maybe the coolest Marvel villain, I hope they do him right in the reboot.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Totally forgot Lucy. It looks pretty good. Could be a return to form for Luc Besson. Definitely going to see it.
It's going to be hard to take it serious given its based on the 10% myth.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
In the comics Galactus was a huge cloud to some. He takes the form of the species he's being viewed by right? Though I agree they could've done him better. If the actors who played Mr. fantastic and Dr Doom weren't soooo terrible those movies would've been sooo much better. Dr Doom is maybe the coolest Marvel villain, I hope they do him right in the reboot.
He looks the same to all humanoids I believe.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
It's going to be hard to take it serious given its based on the 10% myth.
Limitless was the same thing and I still enjoyed it.

I would also add the new Planet of the Apes to my list. Looks pretty dam great.

Watched Shattered Glass today. As good as I remembered. Peter Sarsgaard is a phenomenal actor.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toby Kebbell is going to be Doom, right?

The trailer for 22 Jump Street was underwhelming, but I also wasn't especially excited for the first one and that was great fun. Just trust in Lord/Miller.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
X-Men Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
Godzilla
Lucy
Transcendence
The Amazing Spiderman 2
Chef
Transformers Age of Extinction
Expendables 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of that superhero crap needs to stop.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Except batman. We need more batman.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really don't.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Movies I'm looking forward to the rest of the year are:

Amazing Spider-Man 2
Dumb and Dumber To
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
The Hobbit: There and Back Again
Night at the Museum 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What's wrong with your faceeeee??????

Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Movies I'm looking forward to the rest of the year are:

Amazing Spider-Man 2
Dumb and Dumber To
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
The Hobbit: There and Back Again
Night at the Museum 3
Old 04-10-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah that is literally the list of movies I am certainly not seeing this summer. Maybe with the exception of the dumb and dumber sequel but I doubt that ends up being as good.

Also Job, we really do.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-11-2014, 12:02 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first 3 have my interest, the next 3 are blah for me.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was my top 10 most anticipated list at the beginning of the year:

1. The Raid 2
2. Godzilla
- POWER GAP -
3. Interstellar
4. X-Men: Days of Future Past
5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
6. Inherent Vice
7. Gone Girl
8. Bad Words
- POWER GAP -
9. Transcendence
10. Guardians of the Galaxy

As I said before, The Raid 2 delivered far beyond my extremely high expectations, and I haven't had a chance to see Bad Words yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I will also be seeing Interstellar. Just wish more information was revealed at this time.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2014, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Bad Words was really funny. Nothing special though.

Snowpiercer I loved. You should all check it out.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:03 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To-Watch List:

April
1. Grand Budapest Hotel
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Locke

Summer
1. Godzilla
2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Neighbors/22 Jump Street
5. God's Pocket
6. Lucy
7. Chef
8. Sin City

Rest of the year
1. Interstellar
2. Inherent Vice
3. Foxcatcher

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:13 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

u guys will be wrong about tmnt. it will rock.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:42 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Transcendence doesn't look that appealing to me.