Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-21-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
It basically turns into Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the The Wolf of Wall Street. Another great film by Martin Scorsese. And it's unfortunate Leonardo DiCaprio didn't win an Oscar for best actor (although he did have tough competition from Matthew McConaughey and Chiwetel Ejiofor).

One thing I will say about this film is that it really made me feel envious to folks that participated in this kind of white collar crime I have to admit. DiCaprio as Jordan Belfort was very convincing in his approach how one should live their lives in the capital and materialistic nation of America. This movie made me want to be a rich stock broker even. Obviously this was an exaggerated and fictionalized account to what may have actually took place in reality, but it still accomplished showcasing a certain perception of acquiring wealth and self-righteousness...and how they definitely aren't always hand in hand.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I saw the The Wolf of Wall Street. Another great film by Martin Scorsese. And it's unfortunate Leonardo DiCaprio didn't win an Oscar for best actor (although he did have tough competition from Matthew McConaughey and Chiwetel Ejiofor).

One thing I will say about this film is that it really made me feel envious to folks that participated in this kind of white collar crime I have to admit. DiCaprio as Jordan Belfort was very convincing in his approach how one should live their lives in the capital and materialistic nation of America. This movie made me want to be a rich stock broker even. Obviously this was an exaggerated and fictionalized account to what may have actually took place in reality, but it still accomplished showcasing a certain perception of acquiring wealth and self-righteousness...and how they definitely aren't always hand in hand.
how i felt after Leo didn't win

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Life Aquatic is goddamn underrated, that's for sure.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leo was amazing but Ejiofor and Phoenix were better.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See Wolf of Wall Street.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2014, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Having the read the book, although the movie does opt for artistic license in some parts, it's actually toned down.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Having the read the book, although the movie does opt for artistic license in some parts, it's actually toned down.
As in Jordan's memoir?

Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As in Jordan's memoir?
Yea. It's possible that those were exaggerated, but if I remember correctly, the FBI agent who built the case against Belfort corroborated the memoirs.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The raid 2 was really enjoyable and i think i liked it better than the first one. I felt it was a bit too long but other than that the fight scenes were all phenomenal, and there were sooooo many of them. Very excited for the next installment.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

And further on the topic of The raid, what the **** is this? http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...ighting-styles

You god damn unoriginal morons. Stop just remaking every awesome foreign movie because American audiences would rather not have to read. Every single American remake has added NOTHING to the source material, and is completely superfluous. Go see the Raid 2, don't go see this.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And further on the topic of The raid, what the **** is this? http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...ighting-styles

You god damn unoriginal morons. Stop just remaking every awesome foreign movie because American audiences would rather not have to read. Every single American remake has added NOTHING to the source material, and is completely superfluous. Go see the Raid 2, don't go see this.
The Expendables director? God no.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-22-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Its terrible that will be most people's first experience of that movie. **** that. I hate god damn American remakes. I can't think of one which was better than the source content or improved upon it in any discernible way.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was better...well, more or less. Also, The Departed and 12 Monkeys.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-22-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Girl with the dragon tattoo was not better, in anyway for me. All it did was add a half assed love story which the first was wise enough to leave room for some ambiguity and was able to depict their relationship through their interactions. I havent seen the originals of both of the latter movies tho.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I usually don't partake in American remakes unless it's been decades and decades since the original story was told. If it's been less than 20 years, or in some cases a remake is made because of cultural divide within a couple of years (like The Departed) then I usually skip it. I remember someone at an old job of mine not believing The Departed was an actual remake of Infernal Affairs. Martin Scorsese just couldn't have possibly done that.

Anyways, I'm hoping in 20-30 years we'll get over that. I do think that movie studios are handicapped in terms of what they'll believe the American public will actually go to see at the movie theater. Unfortunately, Americans aren't going to want to see a bunch of Asians on screen in starring roles. It's just the uneducated and ignorance than plagues this nation at the moment. The same reason why most movies with an all-star black cast are those stupid stereotypical inside-joke kind of movies like Barbershop, Soul Plane, This Christmas, or Ride Along. They aren't given a huge budget and aren't expected to recoup a lot. Which is why you won't see a film like Inception without the majority of the cast being white.

At least everyone has seemed to gotten the hell over film dubbing in theaters. I think that was finally phased out 10 or 15 years ago. One of the benefits of having better communication globally. Folks got over that charade and are fine with subtitles now for foreign films. I actually prefer subtitles now with every film I watch even if it's already in English. Just so I don't miss any dialogue.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-22-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally preferred The Departed to Infernal Affairs. I actually sat down and watched Oldboy last week. I don't know why. I knew it would be a piece of **** and was it ever.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually sat down and watched Oldboy last week. I don't know why. I knew it would be a piece of **** and was it ever.
you better be talking about that Spike Lee joint

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
you better be talking about that Spike Lee joint
Oh **** I meant the Oldboy remake. Love the original. The Spike Lee remake was just horrendous.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

The same thing has been done in Asia at least. I think just recently they had a Chinese remake to What Women Want (that lackluster love story movie with Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt from years back) with Andy Lau and Gong Li. Don't know why the hell you would get those two mega stars to remake that film though.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many Steve Jobs is Hollywood going to make before I don't care anymore? I get he was a great man and everything but do we seriously needs this many movies made about the same guy in like the last 4 years?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Recent watches:

Son of Batman
Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Lone Survivor
Reign Over Me
Punch-Drunk Love
Crazy, Stupid, Love

Quote:
Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Of those I ******* LOVE Punch Drunk Love. Reign over Me is really good. Really enjoyed Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of those I ******* LOVE Punch Drunk Love. Reign over Me is really good. Really enjoyed Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Eveveryone needs to stop mentioning PTA movies. It is terrible for my health to be reminded of him and know that I can't watch Inherent Vice yet.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote