Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-05-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
My roommate is a giant Spider-man dork. He loved the first one and said this one sucked. You are not alone.
Maybe that's why. I loved Spider-Man comics growing up and thought the first one of this series was good; this one was just dull and felt forced.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost every review said the same thing about it. I hated the first one so Im not going to bother to see the second one until it comes out on dvd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is weird. I did not enjoy the first one at all. I thought this one was better in every way.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
That is weird. I did not enjoy the first one at all. I thought this one was better in every way.
Maybe I'll be like you then since I thought the first one was pretty bad.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I though it was very entertaining, especially the action sequences and the comic relief that is spider taunting/smart-ass comments. Those parts were really well done. Only thing I didn't really like is the Bieber hairdo for this one. Meh.

I'm worried about how they're gonna try to fit so many villains (sinister six) into the next one. Pretty much zero room for character development with complex, interesting characters like Doc Ock and Green Goblin, Vulture, and maybe Kraven. Smells like it's set up to fail.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love cocky Spiderman. I much prefer Garfield to McGuire.

Apparently there are two spinoffs in the works, Sinister Six and Venom. So I don't think Spiderman 3 will have an overload of villains. I was hoping Venom would be the big baddie but with a spinoff for him in the works I don't think it happens. I imagine 3 will focus heavily on Green Goblin (DeHaan was amazing) and I am hoping 4 (which has been confirmed) will have Venom and Carnage.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think they're trying to do Sinister Six with the back stories of all of those guys or something along those lines that sets up Spiderman 3 where they all actually team up and fight Spidey....then Venom sets up Venom's origin somehow and that ties into Spiderman 4 where Spidey fights Venom and carnage. Not sure how they're gonna do it, but that makes more sense than anything else.

Gonna be tough to make a Sinister Six movie without spiderman. I mean, who are they gonna fight? Each other? Other bad guys?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

How the **** have we made five major spiderman movies and not a single one has done venom right? Let alone Carnage. Ridiculous I say. Seriously who cares about Electro? Or is it shocker thats the villain in this one? Either way who cares? Give us Venom, its all the fans want dammit.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-05-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...I care about Electro! I'm also excited for Vulture too and would love Kraven!

That being said, Venom and Carnage are wayyyy above them on the awesome scale so I do agree that it's ridiculous that we still haven't seen them done right.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really is ******* stupid that they've only attempted Venom once in five movies. He's Spider-man's Joker and the only Spider-man villain people really care about.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Amazing Spiderman 2 was fine. They tried to fit too many story lines into one movie. They could have lost his search for his father entirely or most of the Gwen story. There were wasted scenes for all the story lines.

That said, this was probably a better movie than the first one. I see all the parts people didn't like though. I was legitimately surprised on how the final fight ended.

Also, Venom was better for the previous series. This one is a bit more grounded in "movie science". I'm glad that

Also, it's a bummer that we may never see Mary Jane in this version of the story.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Last edited by dabears10 : 05-05-2014 at 06:02 PM.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJ will be in this storyline. 100% for sure.

I don't get how Venom doesn't work, but low-tier villains like Electro is supposed to...

Spider-man would be better as a high budget TV drama, anyway. There's so much material when they try to cram it all into 2 hours it almost always comes off poorly. In a TV show they could actually develop characters and storylines.

Last edited by nepg : 05-05-2014 at 06:10 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I have a feeling that the Spider-man/Venom movie (Amazing Spider-man 4?) is gonna be the best one though. So easy to make Venom awesome. Crazy that we're gonna have at least 6 Spidey movies (7 if you count sinister six) that only has Venom one time in the abortion that was Spiderman 3.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
MJ will be in this storyline. 100% for sure.

I don't get how Venom doesn't work, but low-tier villains like Electro is supposed to...

Spider-man would be better as a high budget TV drama, anyway. There's so much material when they try to cram it all into 2 hours it almost always comes off poorly. In a TV show they could actually develop characters and storylines.
Well Shailene Woodley's scenes were cut from this movie, which makes sense. Now she has Divergent I'm not sure the scheduling in real life works out.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, a proper Spider-man isn't hard to do from a story standpoint since there's so much great source material, but it's hard to do from a logistical standpoint. To tell the entire story properly you'd need at least five movies, maybe even six. And if a movie series goes on that long you risk burnout and studio execs messing with too much stuff.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Yeah, a proper Spider-man isn't hard to do from a story standpoint since there's so much great source material, but it's hard to do from a logistical standpoint. To tell the entire story properly you'd need at least five movies, maybe even six. And if a movie series goes on that long you risk burnout and studio execs messing with too much stuff.
example , fast and furious? But that franchise is doing awesome. After Fast 5 it really took off again. I can't wait for 7. RIP walker
Old 05-06-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
example , fast and furious? But that franchise is doing awesome. After Fast 5 it really took off again. I can't wait for 7. RIP walker
Difference is people don't go to those movies to see the characters and their interactions with one another. They go to see the fast cars. Cars aren't people.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Spidey definitely was a little dull at times. I agree there was little one too many stories pushed into it, alot of the Gwen stuff was fairly boring and I'd say some of it should have been cut. I liked Electro as a villain though. I'd probably give it a 6.5/10. On par with the first, not much better or worse either way.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Difference is people don't go to those movies to see the characters and their interactions with one another. They go to see the fast cars. Cars aren't people.
I GO FOR DOM TORETTO. BITE YOUR TONGUE!

The thing is that the Fast and Furious movies have found their groove in being ridiculous and over the top. They don't take themselves seriously which means that people expect for them to have 20 of them.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So would those of you who saw Safety Not Guaranteed think that team could lend themselves to a decent Jurassic Park movie? Cast seems to be filling up with a lot of TV actors, some turned megastar (Chris Pratt) some reprising their awesome original roles (BD ******* Wong)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Jurassic World is going to be ******* awesome. I think the directing choice was great.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jurassic park was so god damn amazing. So much nostalgia for that movie. I really hope they do a good job with the new one cause the other two were pretty awful.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
So would those of you who saw Safety Not Guaranteed think that team could lend themselves to a decent Jurassic Park movie? Cast seems to be filling up with a lot of TV actors, some turned megastar (Chris Pratt) some reprising their awesome original roles (BD ******* Wong)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Jurassic World is going to be ******* awesome. I think the directing choice was great.
I agree with Gonzo. I'm really excited about everything I've heard related to Jurassic World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Jurassic park was so god damn amazing. So much nostalgia for that movie. I really hope they do a good job with the new one cause the other two were pretty awful.
The second one was okay, the third one though...ugh. And of course the third one is my kids' favorite because SPINOSAURUS IS SOOOO AWESOME DADDY!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The second one was, Idk......they pretty much took the raptors out of the movie except for like ten minutes. Idk, it wasnt awful it just wasn't anywhere near the first movie.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-07-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Spinosaurus.

Movies like JP3 and Predators need to realize we don't want to see beloved badass creatures be bitched out by different "badass-er" creatures. And that nobody likes that kid from Genius.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote