Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-22-2014, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For any Bullhead fans, in particular.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raid 2 hits iTunes tomorrow and BluRay on July 8th. If you haven't seen it already, do so immediately. It obliterates any action movie made in Hollywood over the past decade.

Also, please don't pirate. It didn't make it's budget back yet and the more successful a film like this is, the more likely we'll see similar ones in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you for posting that, I cannot ******* wait to pick that **** up. The Raid 2 was phenomenal, better than the first which is saying a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm strangely super excited about Transformers: Age of Extinction. Probably just the dinobots.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You post that after a discussion about The raid 2? God dammit Grizz.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It happens. Haven't seen the Raid movies, are they in English? I don't do well with subtitles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Thank you for posting that, I cannot ******* wait to pick that **** up. The Raid 2 was phenomenal, better than the first which is saying a lot.
Yeah, it's one of the few cases of an undeniable superior sequel even though the first Raid was tremendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
It happens. Haven't seen the Raid movies, are they in English? I don't do well with subtitles.
They're in Indonesian but there is an English dubbing track for both.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:37 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

In case you guys missed it, Gary Oldman sat down with Playboy and gave the most brutally honest interview in the history of the world. There is some content that will offend you. Here are some excerpts:

Quote:
OLDMAN: I think weíre up **** creek without a paddle or a compass.

PLAYBOY: How so?

OLDMAN: Culturally, politically, everywhere you look. I look at the world, I look at our leadership and I look at every aspect of our culture and wonder what will make it better. I have no idea. Any night of the week you only need to turn on one of these news channels and watch for half an hour. Read the newspaper. Go online. Our world has gone to hell. I listen to the radio and hear about these lawsuits and about people like this high school volleyball coach who took it upon herself to get two students to go undercover to do a marijuana bust. Youíre a ****ing volleyball coach! This is not 21 Jump Street.

Or these helicopter parents who overschedule their children. Thereís never any unsupervised play to develop skills or learn about hierarchy in a group or how to share. The kids honestly believe they are the center of the ******* universe. But then they get out into the real world and itís like, ď****, maybe itís not all about me,Ē and that leads to narcissism, depression and anxiety. These are just tiny examples, grains of sand in a vast desert of whatís ****ed-up in our world right now. As for the people who pass for heroes in entertainment today, donít even get me started.

PLAYBOY: Well, since you started.

OLDMAN: Itís like the old saying about mediocrity: The mediocre are always at their best. They never let you down. Reality TV to me is the museum of social decay. And what passes for musicóitís all on that plateau. Whoís the hero for young people today? Some idiot who canít ****ing sing or write or whoís shaking her ass and twerking in front of 11-year-olds.
Quote:
PLAYBOY: Do people come up and say, ďGet off my plane,Ē like Harrison Ford says to you in Air Force One?

OLDMAN: More than a few times. That movie had some enjoyable moments. I remember the flight deck was on a sound stage and there was a big sign that said NO DRINKING, NO SMOKING AND NO EATING ON SET. At one point I looked over and Harrison was in the doorway beneath the sign with a burrito, a cigar and a cup of coffee, which I thought was hilarious. I could never get the image out of my head. Nowadays we would take out an iPhone and post something like that on Instagram.
Quote:
PLAYBOY: Goth chicks must have been banging down your door after that movie.

OLDMAN: Itís funny. I used to have this little office on Melrose, and people would come and try to find me. An attractive young woman came in one day with a tattoo of Dracula on her breast and wanted my signature over it. Then she went and had my autograph tattooed. I was cool with that.

PLAYBOY: Have you enjoyed your fair share of groupies?

OLDMAN: Iíve had some wild nights in this hotel, actually. All sorts of goings-on here when I was younger. Hef would be proud of me. Iíve probably had fewer than others but more than some, I suppose. I donít get the whole autograph thing, though, or taking selfies with somebody. But so be it. People say nice things, though I donít always particularly believe it. I guess I wish I could enjoy it more. I look in the mirror and think, God, how did I ever ****ing make a movie? But there were definitely some wild times.

PLAYBOY: Give us one.

OLDMAN: Thereís an amusing story about a trip up to San Francisco fueled largely by vodka and timed perfectly to the big 1989 earthquake. We were literally at the epicenter. Afterward it was like, ďWell, was it good for you, darling? Because the earth definitely moved for me.Ē

Just like anyone out here, anybody in this industry, youíre working with attractive people, youíre young, and one thing leads to another. Few are immune to it. I remember being at a dinner many years ago in New York with Arthur Miller. I was sitting next to him. After we loosened up with a few glasses of vino, I turned to him and said, ďDo you ever walk down the street and just stop and go, Ď****, I was married to Marilyn Monroeí?Ē He went, ďYeah.Ē
Quote:
PLAYBOY: Is there any way the film community could have intervened to save Philip Seymour Hoffman?

OLDMAN: You can try, but you canít stop someone, no. You have to want to do it for yourself. Thatís the only way. I had heard he had run-ins with heroin and booze and things, so it wasnít a total surprise. Tony Scott committing suicide knocked me sideways. That floored me, as did Heath Ledger. All those ridiculous stories about him being so in the character of the Joker was certainly not the person I knew. Thatís sort of ludicrous, people blurring the lines and not understanding. Thereís a lot of rubbish talked about acting, and itís often propagated by practitioners of it. You just want to say, ďOh, shut up.Ē

Even when youíre working closely with people, you donít really know what theyíre like at home. On the outside someone like Philip Seymour Hoffman appeared to be happy professionally. He had kids; he was working with interesting people. But one never really knows. What eventually happens is you put the drink or the drug before everything else. Thereís no argument about how good he was, but who knows what was going on inside? I donít mean this disrespectfully, but maybe he looked in the mirror and always saw that very pale sort of fat kid. Itís a real tragedy for his family.
Quote:
PLAYBOY: Youíve been married four times, including, as you mentioned, to Uma Thurman. What have you learned in the process?

OLDMAN: [Groans] Look, relationships are very, very hard. They just are. I mean, four times! Iím not proud to say it. One of them was for 10 minutes. I donít think it meant very much to either of us. What can I say about marriage? I donít know. Itís all been a bit of a disaster in that area. I have very good artistic instincts, often right on the money. Love, not so successful. But you know, if someone says, ďHereís a script. Now youíre Beethoven,Ē that I can do.
Quote:
PLAYBOY: Mel Gibson?

OLDMAN: Yeah.

PLAYBOY: What do you think about what heís gone through these past few years?

OLDMAN: [Fidgets in his seat] I just think political correctness is crap. Thatís what I think about it. I think itís like, take a ****ing joke. Get over it. I heard about a science teacher who was teaching that God made the earth and God made everything and that if you believe anything else youíre stupid. A Buddhist kid in the class got very upset about this, so the parents went in and are suing the school! The school is changing its curriculum! I thought, All right, go to the school and complain about it and then thatís the end of it. But theyíre going to sue! No one can take a joke anymore.

I donít know about Mel. He got drunk and said a few things, but weíve all said those things. Weíre all ****ing hypocrites. Thatís what I think about it. The policeman who arrested him has never used the word ****** or that ****ing Jew? Iím being brutally honest here. Itís the hypocrisy of it that drives me crazy. Or maybe I should strike that and say ďthe N wordĒ and ďthe F word,Ē though there are two F words now.

PLAYBOY: The three-letter one?

OLDMAN: Alec calling someone an F-A-G in the street while heís pissed off coming out of his building because they wonít leave him alone. I donít blame him. So they persecute. Mel Gibson is in a town thatís run by Jews and he said the wrong thing because heís actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed himóand doesnít need to feed him anymore because heís got enough dough. Heís like an outcast, a leper, you know? But some Jewish guy in his office somewhere hasnít turned and said, ďThat ****ing krautĒ or ď**** those Germans,Ē whatever it is? We all hide and try to be so politically correct. Thatís what gets me. Itís just the sheer hypocrisy of everyone, that we all stand on this thing going, ďIsnít that shocking?Ē [smiles wryly] All right. Shall I stop talking now? What else can we discuss?

PLAYBOY: What do you think of the pope?

OLDMAN: Oh, **** the pope! [laughs and puts head in hands] So this interview has gone very badly. You have to edit and cut half of what Iíve said, because itís going to make me sound like a bigot.

PLAYBOY: Youíre not a bigot?

OLDMAN: No, but Iím defending all the wrong people. Iím saying Melís all right, Alecís a good guy. So how do I come across? Angry?

PLAYBOY: Passionate, certainly. Readers will have to form their own opinions.

OLDMAN: Itís dishonesty that frustrates me most. I canít bear double standards. It gets under my skin more than anything.

PLAYBOY: Who speaks the truth in this culture, in your opinion?

OLDMAN: There are a number of people. A voice I particularly like is Charles Kraut-hammer. I think heís incredibly smart. I think heís fair, very savvy and politically insightful, so I enjoy watching him. There are artists as well, like David Bowie, where thereís an autonomy. He recorded his most recent album and didnít even announce he was doing it. He was in a position where he thought, Listen, I havenít produced anything for 10 years. If this is no good, then I can just put it in a cupboard and no one need ever know. But he wrote the songs, picked the cover. Iíve always admired David. Iíve known him about 30 years. Weíre friends. And David can constantly reinvent himself because heís so talented. He has a point of view.
Quote:
OLDMAN: Can I tell you what else I get frustrated about?

PLAYBOY: Go for it. Youíre on a roll.

OLDMAN: More and more, people in this culture are able to hide behind comedy and satire to say things we canít ordinarily say, because itís all too politically correct.

PLAYBOY: Do you have something in mind?

OLDMAN: Well, if I called Nancy Pelosi a ****óand Iíll go one better, a ****ing useless ****óI canít really say that. But Bill Maher and Jon Stewart can, and nobodyís going to stop them from working because of it. Bill Maher could call someone a *** and get away with it. He said to Seth MacFarlane this year, ďI thought you were going to do the Oscars again. Instead they got a lesbian.Ē He can say something like that. Is that more or less offensive than Alec Baldwin saying to someone in the street, ďYou ***Ē? I donít get it.

PLAYBOY: You see it as a double standard.

OLDMAN: Itís our culture now, absolutely. At the Oscars, if you didnít vote for 12 Years a Slave you were a racist. You have to be very careful about what you say. I do have particular views and opinions that most of this town doesnít share, but itís not like Iím a fascist or a racist. Thereís nothing like that in my history.

PLAYBOY: How would you describe your politics?

OLDMAN: I would say that Iím probably a libertarian if I had to put myself in any category. But you donít come out and talk about these things, for obvious reasons.

PLAYBOY: But there are a ton of conservatives in Hollywood, and libertarians too. Bill Maher has called himself a libertarian.

OLDMAN: I think he would fail the test. Anyway, unlike Bill Maher, conservatives in Hollywood donít have a podium.

PLAYBOY: Fine. Weíll give you one. What would America look like under President Hillary Clinton?

OLDMAN: What can I say? I feel we need some real leadership, and itís nowhere in sight. Look at whatís happening right now. John Kerry going off to China to talk about North Korea? Whatís that going to do? The ludicrousness of it. What a waste of money. Youíre going to go to the puppeteer and say, ďCan you help me with the puppet?Ē As far as Hillary, I guess I feel like my character in The Contender, Shelly Runyon. He doesnít want Joan Allen to become president; he just believes she isnít the right person for the job. Itís nothing to do with the fact that sheís a woman, but he uses a bit of dirt on her to bring her down.

PLAYBOY: By the way, what happened on The Contender? The rumor is you objected to the movieís final cut because it had a liberal bias. What actually went down?

OLDMAN: The stories got blown out of proportion. I just happened to mention that there was another cut of the film that I thought was superior. I canít even remember what it was because there were so many cuts and things that we watched. But I did watch a cut that was probably a minute and 20 seconds longer that had just a little shift from the final cut that made me go, ďI think thatís a better cut than this.Ē Iím very proud of the film. We produced it. But it had the whiff of a scandal, which Iím told may have cost me an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor. Itís all part of the journey, I guess.

PLAYBOY: Would it mean something to you to win an Oscar?

OLDMAN: I suppose, yeah. But who knows? Does it mean anything to win a Laurence Olivier Award or a Tony? I guess itís peers or people acknowledging you in some way. I know it certainly doesnít mean anything to win a Golden Globe, thatís for sure.

PLAYBOY: Why not?

OLDMAN: Itís a meaningless event. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is kidding you that somethingís happening. Theyíre ****ing ridiculous. Thereís nothing going on at all. Itís 90 nobodies having a wank. Everybodyís getting drunk, and everybodyís sucking up to everybody. Boycott the ****ing thing. Just say weíre not going to play this silly game with you anymore. The Oscars are different. But itís showbiz. Itís all showbiz. That makes me sound like Iíve got sour grapes or something, doesnít it?

PLAYBOY: Does it?

OLDMAN: I donít know. I mean, I donít have an Oscar.

PLAYBOY: Everyone likes to imagine Hollywood as this glorious monoculture of glittery celebrity, but it sounds as though you feel quite separate from all that.

OLDMAN: I think so, a bit. Itís sort of like a club. Iím respected, but itís still a little bit like somethingís happening over the garden wall. Do you know what I mean? Itís like being invited through the curtain into first class. Occasionally I can see what they eat up there, but then itís back to my seat.

What people donít realize is that you need to work at being a celebrity. Iím not talking about movies. I mean the other side of it. You have to campaign. Itís a whole other part of your career, and I wish I could have navigated it a bit better. I may have an Oscar now, had I.
Source: http://www.playboy.com/playground/vi...yboy-interview

Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really great interview.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Signal was a great movie, I suggest seeing that if it's in your local theatre

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I get his points, but some of them are just bad.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

I agree, but it's nice to see someone drop the facade and be completely honest for a change.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
In case you guys missed it, Gary Oldman sat down with Playboy and gave the most brutally honest interview in the history of the world. There is some content that will offend you. Here are some excerpts:

Source: http://www.playboy.com/playground/vi...yboy-interview
That was great. I agree with a lot of what he said. The big picture ideas that is. I mean, the world is a pretty screwed up place in a lot of regards. And he's right on the nose with our culture being way too PC now. It's almost like a sickness.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I agree, but it's nice to see someone drop the facade and be completely honest for a change.
Yep, I agree. Kind of annoying that he's one of those "today's music ain't real music" types, but whatever. I'm glad he's the kind of person that can speak his mind and not worry about pissing people off. I wish everyone was like that.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I get his points, but some of them are just bad.
Pretty much agree with this.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great interview. I've been saying the same sort of thing about how over-politically correct society is today...though it's hard to give an example to people without sounding like a bigot as he said. Basically we're trying to make it against the rules to offend ANYONE with what you say or do publicly that it's getting to the point that we're taking away freedom of speech to a degree in the process.

And music today has gone to crap :p
Old 06-25-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

I am so glad you people are level headed to either agree with him or disagree without wanting his career to be over. Every other place I socialize on the internet is in an absolute uproar over this interview and it's ridiculous. Some of the articles coming out are acting like he just committed war crimes.

Quote:
British actor Gary Oldman has had a nice very career in Hollywood. Now, itís over. Oldman tells Playboy magazine that Hollywood is ďrun by Jews,Ē suggests that those Jews make fun of Germans, and says that the policeman with whom Mel Gibson became embroiled in a huge anti-Semitic scandal probably is anti-Semitic himself. Oldman seems unaware that James Mee, the policeman, is Jewish himself.

Good bye, Gary. We can live without you. And trust me, we will. Oldman was nominated for an Oscar in 2012 for ďTinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.Ē I hope he enjoyed it.
Source: http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/06/24...itic-interview

Quote:
We liked you, Gary Oldman. We really did.

Donít you know, as the personification of Sirius Black ó the closest thing Harry Potter had to real family aside from his friends ó that you magicked your way into our hearts?

And then you crushed them.
Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...-among-others/

Quote:
How many times must we have the same conversation? How many different ways can we say that nobody ó in this case a cis, straight, white male ó has the right to minimize the experiences of historically oppressed communities? No, we will not ďtake a ****ing joke and get overĒ racism, homophobia, and blatant misogyny, because institutionalized discrimination is still a reality. And the history of those words havenít lost their meaning over time.

Oldman assumes ďweíre all hypocrites,Ē but thatís a blanket statement that assumes everyone shares his bigotry. Untrue. The purpose of political correctness is to correct systemic bigotry and hate. Political correctness sets precedent that intolerant language is no longer acceptable in a rapidly diversifying country. It changes our collective vocabulary and ideology to one thatís inclusive of marginalized groups and acknowledges their lived experiences.
Source: http://thinkprogress.org/culture/2014/06/24/3452302/

Quote:
Truly living up to his last name, Gary Oldman went on an obscenity-filled rant defending Mel Gibson and Alec Baldwin for using slurs and being giant bigots in general. Cool opinion, Gary.

In an interview with Playboy, Oldman blasted all of society for "political correctness," which he sees as "crap." He then segued this into a discussion of Mel Gibson's anti-semitism and Alec Baldwin's homophobic remarks ó as the interviewer, no doubt, watched on in horror and delight
Source: http://jezebel.com/gary-oldman-spews...ect-1595218804

Regardless of how you feel politically, and I know we're almost touching on a political discussion here but bear with me, there's no reason to act this way over someone giving their honest opinion in an interview. It's just an actor giving his thoughts on some events and issues, why must he be forced to apologize and his career terminated because it conflicts with your thoughts?

Quote:
Old 06-25-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Rickman is better anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the people criticizing him for that interview are pretty much proving his point.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

People ******* love to go ape **** over anything that could be considered racist and stir up an issue over it. I know Ive told this story before, but in my Nietzsche seminar a year or so ago, someone was comparing a passage to a quote by Muhammad Ali in which he dropped the N bomb. Mind you, this university is in Maine, and the class was made up of entirely white kids. So the kid dropped the actual quote without censoring it, and some girl stopped the whole class to ask him not to use such language because she found it offensive (whitest red head Ive ever seen btw) and that we shouldn't be subjected to such language despite the fact he was quoting Ali who had used the term in the first place to combat racism. People love to get riled up over, as he said it himself, political correct terms and what we can or cannot say. I don't agree with it all, but yeah its nice to get someone just giving an honest interview.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-25-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, get over Gary Oldman not saying anything actually offensive. If the worst thing as a society we have to conquer is saying we should be less offended we are doing alright.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that is what he was trying to say. Society is a lot more ****** than just being too easily offended. I didn't agree with everything he had to say but his honesty is refreshing.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah we certainly are nowhere close to that being the biggest issue we face. Not to say we don't act like it at times, which I think was more the point.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-25-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

And like that he apologized.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-25-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
And like that he apologized.
Can't blame him for that.