Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-05-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
The new DBZ movie was VERY good. Highly recommend it if you were a fan.
Please don't tell me you mean Battle of the Gods. I thought that was extremely disappointing. Even compared to a lot of the Dragon Ball films released over the years. I will say that I'm glad they went out of the formulaic approach that has plagued the prior movies, but at the end of the day Battle of the Gods really doesn't have a story to tell. And the motivation for Bills doing what he does is just stupid.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-05-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guardians of the Galaxy was easily my favorite Marvel movie. It isn`t even close. loved it.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Please don't tell me you mean Battle of the Gods. I thought that was extremely disappointing. Even compared to a lot of the Dragon Ball films released over the years. I will say that I'm glad they went out of the formulaic approach that has plagued the prior movies, but at the end of the day Battle of the Gods really doesn't have a story to tell. And the motivation for Bills doing what he does is just stupid.
I disagree. The updated animation for the fight scenes were amazing. Having the original voice actors back was awesome. It had a lot of good laughs. Beerus was probably the best antagonist we've ever seen in a movie (and arguably better than a lot of the series villains). As for thinking Beerus' motivation is just stupid, his motivation is the exact same as Goku's which is basically the basis of the entire series.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Except Broly is the best antagonist ever and after him Janemba.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broly...talk about someone whose motivation was just stupid. He's basically the Hulk without the interesting internal Banner conflict.

Janemba post-transformation was pretty cool but not sure it does enough to balance out how god-awful he is as a big fat thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I disagree. The updated animation for the fight scenes were amazing. Having the original voice actors back was awesome. It had a lot of good laughs. Beerus was probably the best antagonist we've ever seen in a movie (and arguably better than a lot of the series villains). As for thinking Beerus' motivation is just stupid, his motivation is the exact same as Goku's which is basically the basis of the entire series.
I'm not complaining about the form of the film like the animation or voice acting. Or even music. I'm talking about the substance. The actual narrative. 80% of the film is Vegeta trying not to get Bills angry at a party. Which is completely out of character for him. Watching everyone parade around at the party didn't have me invested at all because nothing was happening. Way too much filler. There really isn't even an attempt at a plot in the film. And by Bills motivation, I essentially mean what sets him off on the third act (if we can call it that) which is him deciding to blow up the Earth because he doesn't get any pudding. Yeah, that is absurd even by Dragon Ball Z standards. Just wasn't a fan of the tone shift, which suited earlier work by Toriyama. The entire thing was kind of like that OVA "Son Goku and his Friends Return" the extended version. At least you enjoyed it though. Wish I could say the same.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-06-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://lightlybuzzed.com/2014/08/04/...-leaked-legit/
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a most wanted man and liked it a great deal. PSH gives a really understated, nuanced performance. He really carries the movie single handed.

On a side note, the trailers beforehand were the worst I have ever seen. I dont remember the names but one with liam niesson, one with denzel and chloe moretz, and the worst one was with jason bateman and tina fey. IT looked like such cookie cutter garbage. I really lost a little hope in humanity after one awaful trailer after another.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avengers 3 is not Civil War, it's about the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Thanos is already slated for the third Avengers film so that link is full of ****. With that said, Batman vs Superman's date has moved up. Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I saw a most wanted man and liked it a great deal. PSH gives a really understated, nuanced performance. He really carries the movie single handed.

On a side note, the trailers beforehand were the worst I have ever seen. I dont remember the names but one with liam niesson, one with denzel and chloe moretz, and the worst one was with jason bateman and tina fey. IT looked like such cookie cutter garbage. I really lost a little hope in humanity after one awaful trailer after another.
Oh, Shawn Levy.

There were a few bad trailers before Guardians. Dumb and Dumber 2 was hard to get through. Best trailer was probably for 'Annie'
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Warner Bros. blinked first. Didn't want Batman v. Superman to compete with Captain America 3. So they moved it.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Batman vs Superman is being filmed right around the same area I quit working at a month ago, and a few of my ex co-workers saw Ben Affleck in the lobby of my old building today. Dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't feel too bad, that could have been any white person.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Ben Affleck like 10 times today. One time might have been Matt Damon.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks man. I would have told him how much I genuinely enjoyed Paycheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Guardians if the Galaxy was bomb. While Avengers was the perfect superhero summer blockbuster, Guardians was on the same level of awesome. Their was room to have more fun than Avengers. It had space to be silly and defy normal super hero conventions in comical ways. They did a great job with the make up and costumes. They created a their own universe with out it feeling too strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Don't feel too bad, that could have been any white person.
You do look like Ben Affleck, just a hotter version.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-06-2014, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Guardians was better than The Avengers in every way.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It's no Boyhood.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-07-2014, 04:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

New Dragon Ball film planned for 2015. Only in Japan. No plans for an English dub though for those that want it. That will probably change I'm sure.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2014, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

And Batman Assault on Arkham was decent, even if though Batman really isn't in it all that much. A Suicide Squad story in the Arkham game universe. Not bad. Great animation. And a crazy tone shift from what they've done in the past. Very surprised at that.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-07-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Avengers 3 is not Civil War, it's about the Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos.
Can they even do Civil War without the entire Marvel Universe?

------------------------------------------------

Just saw that the Iron Man & Captain America Heroes United dropped. WTF is Marvel doing with their animation department? This movie, along with Iron Man/Hulk movie look like extremely low budget video games. The movement is as clunky as the 2003 Spider-Man animated show with Neil Patrick Harris, which 11 years ago was one thing, but that was 11 years ago, today that animation is appalling.

Last edited by MassNole : 08-07-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Warner Brothers announces 9 future movie release dates, but nothing more.

Gonna guess one is Justice League 2, one is a stand alone Batfleck movie. and one is a stand alone Wonder Woman film. I'd also venture a guess Green Lantern will be the focal point of one movie as well, perhaps with The Flash. As DC announced whether their new TV universe is connected to the movie universe?

-----------------------

Some guesses from GammaSquad.com

Quote:
Superman V. Batman – March 25, 2016
Shazam! — August 5, 2016
Justice League – June 23, 2017
Wonder Woman – November 17, 2017
Man Of Steel 2 – March 23, 2018
Justice League 2 – July 27, 2018
Untitled DC Film – April 5, 2019
Untitled DC Film – June 14, 2019
Untitled DC Film – April 3, 2020
Untitled DC Film – June 19, 2020
So from what I guessed, I'd add the BatFleck movie and a Green Lantern movie of some sort, leaving 2 more (with Shazam). A Shazam or WW sequel could make sense, possibly both getting them to get up to the nine movies. Perhaps another Superman movie of some sort. Perhaps go way out of the box and go with the New Gods (could work especially well around the next Thor movie).

Last edited by MassNole : 08-07-2014 at 12:59 PM.