Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-24-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else seen Sukiyaki Western Django? It is a movie that Quentin Tarantino starred and produced. I thought it was really innovative to say the least.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Baby Mama on my computer but i havnt watched it yet. I have a lot of movies that i get and dont watch right away. That might be the next movie i watch next though.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get ready to blast me but I don't like most Tarantino movies. I like True Romance a lot, tolerate Pulp Fiction, and hate the rest of his movies
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Anyone else seen Sukiyaki Western Django? It is a movie that Quentin Tarantino starred and produced. I thought it was really innovative to say the least.
Takashi Miike (probably spelled it wrong) is an insane ******* director. I have not seen that one yet but the idea intruiged me so I will for sure give it a shot. To this day Miike holds the honour of directing the most ****** up and impossible to understand film I have ever seen. I remember being pumped to see it at the Toronto Film Fest a couple years back and just walking out wondering what the **** I had just witnessed. He is definitely a hit or miss director as he directs multiple movies every year. I recomend anyone that has not yet viewed Ichii the Killer or Audition (probably his two most accesible films) go out and do so.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Get ready to blast me but I don't like most Tarantino movies. I like True Romance a lot, tolerate Pulp Fiction, and hate the rest of his movies
Resevoir Dogs and Kill Bill Vol. 1 were awesome. Four Rooms is interesting as well as Death Proof. My blind hate to George Clooney makes me not like From Dusk till Dawn.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tolerance is ****** up

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Takashi Miike (probably spelled it wrong) is an insane ******* director. I have not seen that one yet but the idea intruiged me so I will for sure give it a shot. To this day Miike holds the honour of directing the most ****** up and impossible to understand film I have ever seen. I remember being pumped to see it at the Toronto Film Fest a couple years back and just walking out wondering what the **** I had just witnessed. He is definitely a hit or miss director as he directs multiple movies every year. I recomend anyone that has not yet viewed Ichii the Killer or Audition (probably his two most accesible films) go out and do so.
Well, get ready to be confused again...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-24-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True Romance isn't even really a Tarantino movie. Sure he wrote the screenplay but if he had directed it the movie would have been a lot different. So really you dislike all Tarantino movie. I happen to think he is an incredible egotistical director who is a pretty big prick, can be very over indulgent, and yet just really ******* talented. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Resevoir Dogs and Kill Bill Vol. 1 were awesome. Four Rooms is interesting as well as Death Proof. My blind hate to George Clooney makes me not like From Dusk till Dawn.
Jackie Brown was great too, he or Scorsese have the best style of all directors imo

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Can we all agree on the fact that Tarantino is a god awful actor?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was perfect for his role in 4 rooms

Old 11-24-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
God yes. Only thing I liked was his brief cameo in Desperado
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Well, get ready to be confused again...
I tend to think I can handle confusing movies and from what I hear Sukiyaki Western Django is fairly accesible as far as Miike films go, which is to say still insane and confusing. The one I saw at TIFF just crossed the line of insanity. I don't think any person would be able to grasp that movie.
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
God yes. Only thing I liked was his brief cameo in Desperado
OMFG, I am so with you on that. He was amazing in that movie. Mostly because he gets shot the **** up after his amazing monologue.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The True Romance ending blew.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats TIFF?

Old 11-24-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I will never. I found his cameo in Pulp Fiction to be over the top hilarious. I mean his performance was just so ridiculous I think it worked. I agree with Fenikz and found him good in Four Rooms as well. I also liked his brief appearances in Reservoir Dogs.

I think we can all agree that M Night Shyamalan is a terrible terrible actor.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
whats TIFF?
Toronto International Film Festival. I am just too lazy to type all that every time.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna get flamed, and probably neg repped for this, but I seriously dislike all but 1 film I have seen that involved Tarantino, only Reservoir Dogs was passable, and even that is overrated IMO.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I will never. I found his cameo in Pulp Fiction to be over the top hilarious. I mean his performance was just so ridiculous I think it worked. I agree with Fenikz and found him good in Four Rooms as well. I also liked his brief appearances in Reservoir Dogs.

I think we can all agree that M Night Shyamalan is a terrible terrible actor.
I loved when they talked about Tips and Like a Virgin

Old 11-24-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

The best actor/director is the guy in the back seat.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-24-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I happen to think he is an incredible egotistical director who is a pretty big prick, can be very over indulgent, and yet just really ******* talented. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.
There's a point though where his ego gets in the way.

Res Dogs and Pulp were both such outstanding works, but everything post Pulp has been dominated by his 'gimmicks' more than innovation.

He's basically become a 'bigger' Jim Jarmusch, not in a good way either.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
That sure isnt an echo...

And if you feel that if u call me an idiot multiple times makes you feel better than sure go ahead. Trolling? Im sorry that i seen you done this so many times i had to say something.

And why is it such a big deal that some people like certain movies and then u come in all arrogant saying "omg you have such bad taste in movies" just because you "appreciate cinema" and you're supposedly a film major doesnt make your opinion superior to everyone elses.
uh huh? and why is that? to piss someone off? that sure sounds like trolling to me...next time, just keep your ******* mouth shut and talk about movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I thought Z&M was the best comedy this year although it wasn't as incredible as fisch and gonzo made it out to be. I guess I'd go Z&M then FSM or Tropical Thunder, after those two comes Role Models and Pineapple Express.
zomgz bantx! he liked FSM too! he must be echoing gonzo!

Quote:
I really liked Baby Mama and Kung Fu Panda in terms of comedies this year. My top 5 would go

1. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
2. Baby Mama
3. Tropic Thunder
4. Kung Fu Panda
5. Step Brothers
ZOMGZ! What is this, a conspiracy? Everyone liked FSM! I guess just because Gonzo said it, we all like it! OH MY GOD! this is incredible...Im really shocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Even if you replaced ratface with hayden i still didn't think FSM was funny

Old 11-24-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Has anyone else noticed the increase usage of male genitalia in movies the past couple of years. I remember that Scary Movie almost got an NC-17 rating for things that Judd Apatow is showing in all of his films. It has always been a double-standard by the MPAA to almost ban male anatomy, but allow as many breasts to be shown in a movie as the director wants. It seems like a good thing that the MPAA is finally beginning to ease up on these restrictions.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote: