Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-04-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marky Mark for Cap!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Marky Mark for Cap!
Matt Damon for Cap!!!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leo Dicaptain America!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Durand, my choice for Thor

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
As far as Thor is concerned, early rumours were Brad Pitt and Daniel Craig were the leading choices for Thor, from what I read. Kevin McKidd was rumoured as well. Triple H, from what I have gleaned, was never really a studio decision, it was just internet hype developed by fans who thought that the previous actors were too small.

An interesting rumour is that Kenneth Branaugh himself will play Thor. I actually really like the idea. He has a tendency to act/direct in his own movies, and give him some time in the gym and some CGI, and he could play Thor. Also, its important to remember they dont want to cast a really young person as Thor, they want someone more along the lines of RDJ and Ed Norton's age, a la Pitt or Branaugh. Also, if anyone has ever read a Thor comic, he speak in old english, which Branaugh is familiar with due to his Shakespeare obsession.

As for Captain America, last I read Stan Lee gave Will Smith his approval to play the role, even though it would be a race switch. Other early rumours were Tom Jane and Matt Damon/Leonardo DiCaprio. Thats all I can gather on the captain america role, although a rumour did come out a while ago stating they had found an unknown who fit the role and they released a pic.

To please BSG fans, James Callis who plays Gaius Balter, is rumoured for the part of Red Skull, Captain America's nemesis.
IMDB's news headlines yesterday said Kevin McKidd was the leading choice right now. They say Daniel Craig refused the role
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Smith for the Cap.... Really....?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Will Smith for the Cap.... Really....?
Marvel got super PC in the past 4 years and made a black Captain America. It makes the 10 year old SuperKevin inside of me cry
Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it isnt even about race, its about how Will Smith plays the same part in all his movies.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
it isnt even about race, its about how Will Smith plays the same part in all his movies.
I'd say he has like two characters. 'Save the world'Will Smith and 'emotional' Will.

And then, of course, 'Fresh Prince' Will.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
As far as Thor is concerned, early rumours were Brad Pitt and Daniel Craig were the leading choices for Thor, from what I read. Kevin McKidd was rumoured as well. Triple H, from what I have gleaned, was never really a studio decision, it was just internet hype developed by fans who thought that the previous actors were too small.

An interesting rumour is that Kenneth Branaugh himself will play Thor. I actually really like the idea. He has a tendency to act/direct in his own movies, and give him some time in the gym and some CGI, and he could play Thor. Also, its important to remember they dont want to cast a really young person as Thor, they want someone more along the lines of RDJ and Ed Norton's age, a la Pitt or Branaugh. Also, if anyone has ever read a Thor comic, he speak in old english, which Branaugh is familiar with due to his Shakespeare obsession.

As for Captain America, last I read Stan Lee gave Will Smith his approval to play the role, even though it would be a race switch. Other early rumours were Tom Jane and Matt Damon/Leonardo DiCaprio. Thats all I can gather on the captain america role, although a rumour did come out a while ago stating they had found an unknown who fit the role and they released a pic.

To please BSG fans, James Callis who plays Gaius Balter, is rumoured for the part of Red Skull, Captain America's nemesis.
Could you imagine Triple H speaking in old English. Can you say Oscar?

As for Dicaprio, I couldnt see it at all but, I think it would be awesome. Doesnt seem like his kind of role. Only reason Norton even wanted to play the Hulk is because, he's a diehard fan of the comic, i thought. I couldnt see Dicaprio playing a super hero.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Could you imagine Triple H speaking in old English. Can you say Oscar?

As for Dicaprio, I couldnt see it at all but, I think it would be awesome. Doesnt seem like his kind of role. Only reason Norton even wanted to play the Hulk is because, he's a diehard fan of the comic, i thought. I couldnt see Dicaprio playing a super hero.
I demand HHH play Thor and all you people shutting him out are being useless.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That and the fact that people would associate Captain America with Hancock, and that'd be pretty bad.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the new punisher movie is off to a terrible start on rottentomatoes.

16% total with a whopping 0% from the top critics. (all 8 rotten)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that teaches them! (snicker snicker snicker)

It shouldn't of been remade in the first place. The first one was great

Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Punisher is hard to adapt because the character and plot makes it just like every other action movie out there.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Well that teaches them! (snicker snicker snicker)

The Dolph Lundgren one?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

I'm all for stupid action movies being made.

On the other side of the equation, everyone needs to see the new Liam Neeson movie Taken when it comes out. I got to see it a bit early, and it blew me away. Co-written by Luc Besson and featuring more kickassery than any movie really deserves to have.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its their own damn fault for letting Tommy Jane walk...he was great in the first one and a sequel featuring Jigsaw would have been awesome with him in it. This new one just look corny and terrible
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Dolph Lundgren one?
The Tommy Jane one.

I completely forgot about the Dolph one

Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post

I'm all for stupid action movies being made.

On the other side of the equation, everyone needs to see the new Liam Neeson movie Taken when it comes out. I got to see it a bit early, and it blew me away. Co-written by Luc Besson and featuring more kickassery than any movie really deserves to have.
I saw it already. Eh, it was decent

Old 12-04-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Thomas Jane is a horrible actor. I couldnt even name a movie off the top of my head that he was actually good in. A cool dude, yes but, as far as acting goes, he's lacking. Has never impressed me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Thomas Jane is a horrible actor. I couldnt even name a movie off the top of my head that he was actually good in. A cool dude, yes but, as far as acting goes, he's lacking. Has never impressed me.
I liked him as Roger Maris in 61*
Old 12-04-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I just want my kids back.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Probably his only noteable performance to date. (61*)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-04-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I thought he was great in Stander and good in The Mist/61.

RIP TheManInBlack