Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-21-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Jingle All the Way: Great movie or Greatest movie?

Greatest. I've seen that movie at least 20 times.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone see Seven Pounds? I got through a half hour and couldnt take it anymore.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think Slumdog was on par overall with City of God.
Really? I was going to see it anyway but this is the first time I've heard such a comparison. Guess I gotta get a move on.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Anyone see Seven Pounds? I got through a half hour and couldnt take it anymore.
It is way to ******* slow. I am always very good about watching long and slowly paced films but Seven Pounds just went way overboard. It does come together nicely in the end but I can see why you gave up.
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Gran Torino, amazing.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Just saw Gran Torino, amazing.
Indeed. I am recomending it to everyone I know. It reminds me a lot of Million Dollar Baby in that it won't go down as a classic or even crack my top 50 but I loved the hell out of it. When all is said and done it will easily end up in my top 5 movies of this year list. I feel like such a ******* jackass for spelling it Grand Torino for a few days after seeing it.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait...Gran Torino's out?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, but theres a high quality stream/torrent online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched The Duchess. Combine my love of Period Pieces, and the cast involved, and you have one of my absolute favorite movies of the year.

Obviously not everyone likes these types of movies, but if you do - I highly recommend The Duchess.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
No, but theres a high quality stream/torrent online.
link por favor?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Judge Dredd Sequel has been greenlit 13 years after the original came out. Here's hoping it's Stallone's triumphant return to action films
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Really? I was going to see it anyway but this is the first time I've heard such a comparison. Guess I gotta get a move on.
Well, it's sort of like City of God meshed with like a Forrest Gump I guess. There's not that much gang involvement in Slumdog, but there's some and that's reminiscent of City of God.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok might seem like a baby lol, but I watched The Strangers last night and I have to say it kind of bothered me. Not to the point where "oh no let me sleep with the light on" but I thought it was pretty scary. Maybe because it was a true story and it took place at a families house and it showed if someone really wants you dead there's nothing stopping them, they laugh in your face at a locked door.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Ok might seem like a baby lol, but I watched The Strangers last night and I have to say it kind of bothered me. Not to the point where "oh no let me sleep with the light on" but I thought it was pretty scary. Maybe because it was a true story and it took place at a families house and it showed if someone really wants you dead there's nothing stopping them, they laugh in your face at a locked door.
Actully I did my research on this film
There is ABSOLUTLEY NO TRUTH IN ANY MURDERS
It was based on an even from the writers childhood
where a man came knocking on his door and asked for Jenny
and later that week it turned out the man was knocking on the door asking for Jenny in all the houses on the block and he would break in and steal things if no one answered the door
The movie is sick by the way, after the movie i was just in disgust.
There is a difference between suspense and sick and that went to the point where it was just not humane..
NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasnt really a true story...it was a fictional story that was formulated by several true stories and something with the driector as a kid but, that actual event didnt happen apparently. My friends jumped liked little girls in the theatre but, I've seen a billion horror movies and are uneffected by them, I found it to be incredibly cliche. They seriously crammed just about every horror cliche into this movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
yeah it messed with me because i live in a neighborhood that looks somewhat like the one in the movie.

Its just the fact that it is something that could happen.

"why are you doing this to us?"...."Because you were home!" Who the hell says that!? no one says that!
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It wasnt really a true story...it was a fictional story that was formulated by several true stories and something with the driector as a kid but, that actual event didnt happen apparently. My friends jumped liked little girls in the theatre but, I've seen a billion horror movies and are uneffected by them, I found it to be incredibly cliche. They seriously crammed just about every horror cliche into this movie.
yeah thats the one thing that kept it from being really scary is the supreme stuffing of cliches,
but the * should we, go, outside* was scary when your watching it at night i must ssay
Old 12-22-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty crummy movie to be effected by, imo. haha. It was more laughable than scary, especially potato sack head. I tend to see horror movies in a different light than most, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
yeah it messed with me because i live in a neighborhood that looks somewhat like the one in the movie.

Its just the fact that it is something that could happen.

"why are you doing this to us?"...."Because you were home!" Who the hell says that!? no one says that!
It was purley fictional tho, read my upper post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA View Post
It was purley fictional tho, read my upper post
yes i know this, but it could still happen.

most horror movies dont bother me because alot of the times they are so lame its unrealistic.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

http://orangwutang.com/2008/09/22/mu...the-strangers/
this is sure to give you goosebumps or a laugh at her ******** faces and voice.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The strangers WAS based on true events...just not one set of them. Look up the Keddie Cabin Murders of 1981...that was the main inspiration for the movie. But from what I heard, the Manson murders had an influence on the script as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I also watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall a few days ago, it was pretty solid. I didn't really care much for Mila Kunis on That 70's show but she was lookin good in this movie, and she wasn't annoying like she is on the show.

Is Mila Kunis and Macaulay Culkin the oddest couple in Hollywood? ha I mean come on Mila, give me a ring sometime!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to watch Gran Torino today before work and it was pretty darn good. Not quite as good as I thought it would be but still a must see IMO.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of scary movies, the Unborn looks somewhat promising.