Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I really, really, really doubt Rev Road will be. Winslet and Shannon are the only things about that movie getting much precursor love.
Yeah I know, but I really think that movie is being a bit underrated. Maybe I just love Sam Mendes' directing style, but the movie is one of my favorite of the year.

And Kate Winslett should finally win an oscar (maybe 2 this year).

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know to much about the awards thing(im ignorant i know lol) but The Wrestler should win something because that movie as incredible. I think mickey rourke did an awesome job in that movie. my favorite movie of 2008
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really, really, really doubt Rev Road will be. Winslet and Shannon are the only things about that movie getting much precursor love.
DiCaprio is getting plenty of love, he has a chance at getting nominated.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
DiCaprio is getting plenty of love, he has a chance at getting nominated.
I think the nom at the Globes is his only nomination so far, and thats split in Drama/Comedy categories.

Theres 5 Nomination slots.

Rourke an Penn are absolute locks.

Then theres Pitt, Langella, Eastwood, and Jenkins. He has to move past 2 of those, and I just dont see that happening at all.

Best Actor is loaded this year.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

go Racist white man!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea gran tarino was a good movie but i enjoyed it more because clint reminded me of old white guys ive been around lol and it was a real funny movie
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Has anyone else realized that Ben Stiller plays the same character in Heavyweights and Dodgeball?
Heavyweights was the greatest movie made in the 90s and there isn't much of an argument there.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the nom at the Globes is his only nomination so far, and thats split in Drama/Comedy categories.

Then theres Pitt, Langella, Eastwood, and Jenkins. He has to move past 2 of those, and I just dont see that happening at all.

I think he has a better chance than Eastwood, Jenkins, and Pitt.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:

They should give it to DDL again this year for There Will Be Blood. Yeah, he was that good.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-08-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
They should give it to DDL again this year for There Will Be Blood. Yeah, he was that good.
I agree 1000000%

That percentage is not as overwhelming and epic as DDL in TWBB.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Rourke was better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-08-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Rourke was better.
I have yet to see the Wrestler, but considering that the performance by DDL was a top-10 performance all-time, I highly doubt it... But I shall see.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-08-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I really, really liked Rourke. He was terrific and carried one of my fav movies this year.

But DDL as Plainview is in another stratosphere from anything Ive seen in a very very long time.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I really, really liked Rourke. He was terrific and carried one of my fav movies this year.

But DDL as Plainview is in another stratosphere from anything Ive seen in a very very long time.
I'd put your description of Rourke's performance as mine for DDL. I thought he was better as Bill the Butcher as well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-08-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm seeing Bride Wars this weekend
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I think I'm seeing Bride Wars this weekend
I'm so sorry.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm so sorry.
Eh. I usually go into those movies expecting a few laughs and it hardly disappoints then.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't that Liam Neeson movie, Taken, look like the coolest freakin' movie?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

And Liam Neeson is a total badass in it.

Fun movie.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Liam Neeson is a total badass in it.

Fun movie.
Im up in the air about how that movie will turn out. Oh and got Pineapple express, Memento, American beauty, and seven and only spent two bucks and 16 cents on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Im up in the air about how that movie will turn out. Oh and got Pineapple express, Memento, American beauty, and seven and only spent two bucks and 16 cents on it.
Sounds like a good haul...Memento the two disc special is so worth it. American Beauty is my #3 movie of all time as well.

Quote:
I have yet to see the Wrestler, but considering that the performance by DDL was a top-10 performance all-time, I highly doubt it... But I shall see.
As good as DDL was, there is literally no way in hell he was top 10 all time...there are literally dozens of performances that were ahead of his Daniel Plainview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Taken was a really pleasant surprise. It starts a bit slow, but it accomplishes just enough to make you care about the characters, and then Neeson starts ******* up Paris. I really enjoyed it.

So I keep hearing people gushing about Vicki, Christina, Barcelona. I thought it was a really stupid movie. Thoughts?

edit - and then someone told me that it was a comedy. And now it makes sense.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 01-09-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Sounds like a good haul...Memento the two disc special is so worth it. American Beauty is my #3 movie of all time as well.

As good as DDL was, there is literally no way in hell he was top 10 all time...there are literally dozens of performances that were ahead of his Daniel Plainview.
To you! Id absolutely put it on a shortlist of best performances ever.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

http://cinema-haven.blogspot.com/2009/01/so-apparently-ok-or-not-apparently-this.html

So I get to pimp my super cool blog at the same time as posting legit news. Win win!

Last edited by comahan : 01-09-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm gonna go see Bride Wars tonight. Maybe I can convince them to go to Gran Torino instead. ugh, doubt it.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote