Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-01-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

Malkovich, Malkovich.........MALKOVICH!!!!!!!!!!
My #9 all time favourite movie...I constantly maintain that it is a film that everyone needs to watch at least once. Just an incredibly unique approach to filmmaking, storytelling, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess at the moment my most anticipated movies would consist of...

(in no order)

Shutter Island
Inglorious Bastards
Public Enemies
Funny People
The Road

Semi interested in...The Tree of Life, Watchmen, the Informant, Wolverine, the Brothers Bloom, the Taking of Pelham 123, Killshot, State of Play, and the Imaginarium of Dr. Pwhatever. ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-01-2009 at 01:32 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
This isn't an oldie but I watched Brick a couple nights ago and loved it. I am a big fan of Noir cinema and Brick was a brilliant modern take on it. It should be very easy to find online as it only came out a couple years ago. I am kind of pissed it took me so long to finish watching as I watched the first 10 minutes 2 years ago. I watched the movie with my friend and he was not a fan (I think because he couldn't get into the noir aspect of the film and because he didn't buy into that he hated the dialogue) but he was under the influence. I have heard many good things about the movie from other people so I think it is usually well recieved.

If you want an oldie I would recomend Stanley Kubrick's The Killing. It is available on watch-movies.net so it is easy to find and I think it is an incredible movie.
There is so much in that movie that went unanswered. I've been looking for someone to talk about the "what they thought happened" aspect of the movie for about 2 years now....a great movie...I mean how BA was tug

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
They can't catch me, I'm ******* inocent.

Such a ******* great film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
There is so much in that movie that went unanswered. I've been looking for someone to talk about the "what they thought happened" aspect of the movie for about 2 years now....a great movie...I mean how BA was tug
I loved every minute of the movie.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killshot doesnt look to be all that different than the average thriller but, it sure does have an interesting cast. Diane Lane, Thomas Jane (meh), Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mickey Rourke, and Rosario Dawson. I've actually heard it's not all that good but, i love me some thrillers and the cast is certainly good enough to warrant a viewing from this guy. :)

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1505755929/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:05 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Killshot doesnt look to be all that different than the average thriller but, it sure does have an interesting cast. Diane Lane, Thomas Jane (meh), Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mickey Rourke, and Rosario Dawson. I've actually heard it's not all that good but, i love me some thrillers and the cast is certainly good enough to warrant a viewing from this guy. :)

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1505755929/
I have it on my computer already...for fear of infractions i wont say anymore, but there is a good quality out there somewhere

havent watched it yet though
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw atonement for the 1st time...do not get the big deal with it. 3/5

i understand y it was nominated b.c its the kind of movie the academy loves to love, but it was not a very cohesive and fluid movie...

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
just saw atonement for the 1st time...do not get the big deal with it. 3/5

i understand y it was nominated b.c its the kind of movie the academy loves to love, but it was not a very cohesive and fluid movie...
I watched it like a week ago. I thought it was pretty good.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good choices SARF, I love Bottle Rocket

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Yeah I need some movie ideas right now. I'm thinking oldie but goodie... any suggestions?
If you really want an older film to enjoy these will do the trick, I think (these are in no particular order):

-Rope
-North by Northwest
-The Big Sleep
-The Maltese Falcon
-The Philadelphia Story
-Bringing Up Baby
-The African Queen

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If you really want an older film to enjoy these will do the trick, I think (these are in no particular order):

-Rope
-North by Northwest
-The Big Sleep
-The Maltese Falcon
-The Philadelphia Story
-Bringing Up Baby
-The African Queen
Arsenic and Old Lace was my favorite Grant movie growing up and still is, although Brining Up Baby was hilarious as well and the Philadelphia Story was just awesome.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

G.I. Joe, Transfomers 2, Star Trek, and Wolverine I believe will be in the Super Bowl spots this evening.

I have seen all of them on the internet and because I didn't grow up following or reading any of those 4 comics/series' I don't have the best understanding of how accurate they are. From an outsiders standpoint they look like fun summer movies....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
G.I. Joe, Transfomers 2, Star Trek, and Wolverine I believe will be in the Super Bowl spots this evening.

I have seen all of them on the internet and because I didn't grow up following or reading any of those 4 comics/series' I don't have the best understanding of how accurate they are. From an outsiders standpoint they look like fun summer movies....
G.I. Joe looks terrible.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said I didn't follow the it when I was young so I have no idea how accurate it is.

I'm not a big fan of Dennis Quaid or Channing Tatum, that would be one my only qualm with the movie from the previews.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GI Joe used to be pretty legit. Even the TV shows were entertaining with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

The movie looks terrible though.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
GI Joe used to be pretty legit.

hell yeah it was

Old 02-01-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

William Shatner wanted to play Kirk in the new Star Trek but they didn't want him because the movie is suppose to be near the beginning of Kirk's career. However, they casted Chekov in the movie who doesn't come in till way later :X I really hope it will be good. I like Sylar as Spock and Simon Pegg as Scotty but John Cho as Sulu is a weird cast.I guess I'm just use to him in comedy roles. Bones better get the good jokes not Sulu!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to see Star Trek for Diora Baird.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...uper-bowl-spot

haha what a piece of **** movie

Old 02-01-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if you didn't know, you can tell from that 30 seconds who the director is.

Also, I feel like they are going to try and turn even stevens from an awkward, social reject in the first one to an attempted badass, bmoc in the 2nd, which should be hilarious.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

All the other super bowl trailers are on there, too. Year One looks like it could be hilarious. Land of the Lost could be funny but I fear it'll just be Will Ferrell yelling for like 2 hours.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Year One looks like all sorts of win. Jack Black, Michael Cera, Paul Rudd, Tobias all in one trailer and written/directed by Harold Ramis = win.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
More like best movie ever. /sarcasm

It's based a cartoon with sentient beings who can transform between a car and robot. It's not the best idea to base a movie off of. I found the first one to be entertaining however, but I watched that show a lot as a kid.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
but I watched that show a lot as a kid.
I loved that show as a kid but I thought that the movie was about a half hour too long and it was Michael Bay, who just made it too, well... you know the kind of crap he does.