Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Red band trailer for The Informers is out, Im really looking forward to it. I am a huge Bret Easton Ellis fan and this was probably my 2nd favorite book of his. Plus, Amber Heard only wears clothes in one scene (there is alot of Amber Heard nudity if you need a reason to watch the trailer)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/ob...ed_021909.html
My Man! I thought I was the only looking forward to this movie, I can't wait. Not only am I huge fan of BEE and this book, but I'm pretty stoked that Mickey Rourke plays one of the best characters from the book and Austin Nichols the lead from John from Cincinnati (one of the most underrated shows of our time, btw) is in it.

I just hope they end it with the same exact chapter from the book, the last paragraph (or maybe it's the second last, the part where he tells the girl he is an alien) of the book, that is my favorite part.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
My Man! I thought I was the only looking forward to this movie, I can't wait. Not only am I huge fan of BEE and this book, but I'm pretty stoked that Mickey Rourke plays one of the best characters from the book and Austin Nichols the lead from John from Cincinnati (one of the most underrated shows of our time, btw) is in it.

I just hope they end it with the same exact chapter from the book, the last paragraph (or maybe it's the second last, the part where he tells the girl he is an alien) of the book, that is my favorite part.
it looks pretty good

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spoiler alert...
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/02/24/...-green-hornet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Gondry to Direct Rogen’s Green Hornet
What a strange and tumultuous journey it’s been for Seth Rogen’s The Green Hornet. First, Asian kung fu master Stephen Chow was tapped to direct, but then discouragingly stepped out of the director’s chair due to creative differences. Then it was reported that the project might not happen at all, only for Seth Rogen to chime in saying that if a director could be found, the project would still move forward. Now, according to The Hollywood Reporter and Variety, that director has been found: Michel Gondry (They also report that at this point, Chow is still expected to play Kato).
I'm a HUGE Gondry fan, so I'll be interested to see how this one turns out.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/02/24/...-green-hornet/

I'm a HUGE Gondry fan, so I'll be interested to see how this one turns out.
That is very ******* interesting. Gondry handled the comedy in Dave Chapelle's Block Party perfectly (even more so in the much longer cut I saw at the world premiere) and I think he will do a great job with Hornet.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Gondry fan myself, I did find Be Kind Rewind to be a disappointment. Looking forward to the Green Hornet no less

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
A Gondry fan myself, I did find Be Kind Rewind to be a disappointment. Looking forward to the Green Hornet no less
I agree. All of the sweding parts were gold for the most part but other than that I was let down.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gondry is pure awesome. ESSM is in my top 3 all time movies and The Science of Sleep was one of the better movies I have seen in a while. Interesting to see what he does with The Green Hornet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Be Kind Rewind was SO disappointing. I was expecting something actually really good and it was just terrible. 1.5/5

sig by jkpigskin

Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. It had some nice moments, but overall Be Kind Rewind was a let down.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Agreed. It had some nice moments, but overall Be Kind Rewind was a let down.
Yeah I watched a sucky bootleg of this sucky movie so guess how much that sucked?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, watched Primal Fear for like the 5th time last night.

Probably in my top 5 favorite Movies, best twisted ending ever.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought Dan in real Life and Zack and Miri.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Be Kind Rewind was pretty great.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was nothing more than alright. Not something I'm in a hurry to re-watch.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just bought Dan in real Life and Zack and Miri.
Dan in Real Life was extremely boring.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

fabulous movie- introduced us to one of the best (ed norton)

sig by jkpigskin

Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
It was $3...I wasnt even interested in seeing it but, it got solid reviews. So, I just decided to get it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-24-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

It's a personal favorite of mine as well.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It was $3...I wasnt even interested in seeing it but, it got solid reviews. So, I just decided to get it.
That sounds like you're just buying a DVD for the sake of buying one.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
meh, maybe. But, $3 and good reviews, should equal good buy.

I have this enormous ass list of dvds I need to get...sometimes I stray from it, Zack and Miri was on it, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-24-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Meh I actually didn't mind it at all. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was worth a watch IMO.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
fabulous movie- introduced us to one of the best (ed norton)
Oh yeah. Ed Norton was masterful in his role.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That happened to me with Bedazzled when I saw it for like 2 bucks a few years ago.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haha...i do have a bunch of dvds that i regret buying sight unseen on the cheap. They were all $4 or cheaper but, still...they dont look good sitting with the rest of the movies I have.

the Air I Breathe, Freedom Land, the Heartbreak Kid, Hot Rod, Reservation Road, See this move, Southland Tales, and Syriana are a few that come to mind. blah.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS