Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished Synecdoche and I really enjoyed it. Not to the same depths as others did, but I still thought it was extremely ambitious and heartbreaking. Kaufman always brings the goods, but the monologue by the Minister and the narration at the end was perfect. Definitely breaks into my top 5 of 2008.

That said I still have Eternal Sunshine as my favorite Kaufman piece.

Last edited by Paul : 03-03-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man.

Synecdoche was amazsome. Thats a mix of amazing and awesome, for those not in the know.

Perhaps its the effect of having just seen Synecdoche when everything else from last year I havent seen in at least a month, but id put Synecdoche #1. The three that clearly stood out for me in 08 were Button, Wrestler, and now Synecdoche. Man that was good stuff.

Also just to add in, Im not the biggest Fight Club fan. Good movie, but to me its nothing more than that.

07-08

1. There Will be Blood
2. Synecdoche, New York
3. No Country for Old Men
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. The Wrestler

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Meh, its more than just whether its believable for him not to notice. The fact that no one else mentions, notices, comments on it etc until near the very end when they decide to reveal the twist builds on its ridiculousness. I never said I didnt like the movie either, as I actually stated I do enjoy it. I just find it vastly overrated, especially because I do not care for the twist at all.

Any maybe you should spend less time hanging out with schizophrenics, eh?
haha my Dad was a psych major in university, and needless to say, due to his work and my own research and interest, Ive had a few opportunities to meet some wierd people. Oh, and schizophrenia has nothing to do with Fight Club. Its a completely different disease. Dissociative personality disorder is what takes place in Fight Club. :) just to let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The three that stood out for me in the past year have been

1. Synecdoche, New York - Obviously
2. Gran Torino - Love Clint Eastwood
3. In Bruges - Outstanding. Rent this movie, it is so much more than the trailer will you lead to believe. Martin McDonagh is the new and improved Guy Ritchie.
4. Doubt - Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing and right up with Daniel Day Lewis as greatest modern day actor of our time IMO.
5. The Wrestler - Entertaining movie.

I am in the small minority who greatly disliked both Slumdog Millionaire and Benjamin Button.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The three that stood out for me in the past year have been

1. Synecdoche, New York - Obviously
2. Gran Torino - Love Clint Eastwood
3. In Bruges - Outstanding. Rent this movie, it is so much more than the trailer will you lead to believe. Martin McDonagh is the new and improved Guy Ritchie.
4. Doubt - Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing and right up with Daniel Day Lewis as greatest modern day actor of our time IMO.
5. The Wrestler - Entertaining movie.

I am in the small minority who greatly disliked both Slumdog Millionaire and Benjamin Button.
Many of us have been touting this movie for months. I saw it in the summer, right after it hit torrents, and the only reason I watched it is because I am a fan of Colin Farrell. Several others saw it as well, and I know many of us, including Gonzo, Paul, Comahan and myself, had it as one of our top movies as well. I had it as #2 last year behind Benjamin Button, and now #3 behind Synecdoche as well.

As far as best actor of our generation, I give that honor to Kevin Spacey, with Ed Norton right behind him. PSH would probably be my #3. I know everyone is always on DDL's jock, and for good reason, I'm just not a huge fan. But I wont deny the guy is an incredible actor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing and right up with Daniel Day Lewis as greatest modern day actor of our time IMO.
It's not opinion, it's fact. PSH is greatly under-appreciated. I mean, as awful as Mission: Impossible III was, PSH as a villain was ******* awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 03-03-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't care much for Gran Torino. With the exception of Clint (who was ******* awesome), the acting really took me out of the movie.

Last edited by Paul : 03-03-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I didn't care much for Gran Torino. With the exception of Clint (who was fuckign awesome), the acting really took me out of the movie.
No doubt the acting was horrible from everyone but Clint but it just wasn't enough to take me out of the movie. If someone else besides Clint is in the lead role that is a straight to DVD B list movie no one ever sees.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No doubt the acting was horrible from everyone but Clint but it just wasn't enough to take me out of the movie. If someone else besides Clint is in the lead role that is a straight to DVD B list movie no one ever sees.
see i feel like im the only one who did not think the acting in gran torino was bad. i loved that movie and thought the hmong actors were actually pretty good but just my opinion

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
GOB
Rookie

GOB is a cocksman.GOB is a cocksman.GOB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
haha my Dad was a psych major in university, and needless to say, due to his work and my own research and interest, Ive had a few opportunities to meet some wierd people. Oh, and schizophrenia has nothing to do with Fight Club. Its a completely different disease. Dissociative personality disorder is what takes place in Fight Club. :) just to let you know.
As a psych major myself this is true.

Also I can't wait for Observe and Report
GOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
see i feel like im the only one who did not think the acting in gran torino was bad. i loved that movie and thought the hmong actors were actually pretty good but just my opinion
I thought the acting was pretty brutal. The scene where the kid is locked in the basement by Walt and he's banging on the door. Holy ****. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOB View Post
As a psych major myself this is true.

Also I can't wait for Observe and Report
I have been talking up Observe and Report for a while now. I keep trying to sell people on the fact that it is supposed to be Taxi Driver dark at times.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Observe and Report looks so amazing.....me want.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
GOB
Rookie

Terminator Salvation looks like the bees knees

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...tion/trailer-b
Old 03-03-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I am sorry to inform you then that McG is directing. I expect nothing but **** from that movie.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:

Use any song from The Fragile in a trailer and the trailer will instantly be amazing.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
GOB
Rookie

Quote:
Use any song from The Fragile in a trailer and the trailer will instantly be amazing.
what song is it?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
what song is it?
"The Day the World Went Away"
Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
The movie only gets more ****** up.
I'm going to have to watch it again because I feel like I missed out on some parts. But I definitely agree with all the hype you guys are giving it. I was a fan. Nothing I really have to say that hasn't already been said tho. Maybe I'll touch back on this after my second viewing.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Observe and Report will be amazing I tell you

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Observe and Report will be amazing I tell you
There aren't many non-amazing Seth Rogan movies
Old 03-03-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am sorry to inform you then that McG is directing. I expect nothing but **** from that movie.
One thing that's promising about it though is that at first Bale turned down the role because he said he wanted better story so that if it was read like a play without all the special effects it would still be a compelling story. So McG got some help and re-wrote the script and Bale actually found it good so he accepted the role of Conner.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While that may be true, the trailer looked ******* epic. Sadly, it spoiled a main plot twist so that sucks.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I thought the acting was pretty brutal. The scene where the kid is locked in the basement by Walt and he's banging on the door. Holy ****. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
I'm pretty sure they used Harold Perrineau as a stand-in for that scene.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I just finished Synecdoche and I really enjoyed it. Not to the same depths as others did, but I still thought it was extremely ambitious and heartbreaking. Kaufman always brings the goods, but the monologue by the Minister and the narration at the end was perfect. Definitely breaks into my top 5 of 2008.

That said I still have Eternal Sunshine as my favorite Kaufman piece.
I pretty much feel the same way about Synecdoche though I have only seen it once. I'm sure I will like it more when I get to see it again.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote