Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
IDK, I at least want some suspense, some build up, some semblance of reality when the movie is not supposed to be a fantasy or sci-fi or slap stick.
It's an action movie. And in the grand scheme of action movies, this is one of the most realistic and measured ones out there.

I don't know how you couldn't like Taken. It's just Liam Neeson kicking ass and blowing up parts of Paris. It's simply and it's executed very well. Not that I would expect anything else from Luc Besson, but this movie still surpassed my expectations.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best tagline ever.

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Se7en last night and it was great. I don't know why I took so long to finally see it but whatever. The Fincher-Pitt combo is always a great one. The movie had kind of an eerie feeling but I thought that's what made it so good. Kevin Spacey was excellent. Very creepy. I don't think they could have picked anyone better for that role. But Brad, why'd you have to shoot him!?!?! Ending was great as well. As long as the movies are well done, a lot of times the endings that don't really leave you satisfied are often the best.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I watched Se7en last night and it was great. I don't know why I took so long to finally see it but whatever. The Fincher-Pitt combo is always a great one. The movie had kind of an eerie feeling but I thought that's what made it so good. Kevin Spacey was excellent. Very creepy. I don't think they could have picked anyone better for that role. But Brad, why'd you have to shoot him!?!?! Ending was great as well. As long as the movies are well done, a lot of times the endings that don't really leave you satisfied are often the best.
One of my favorite movies.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I enjoyed Lars a lot. Gosling is one of, if not my favorite actor, and I liked this movie all around. It was touching, and I don't feel that often when watching a movie.
I watched about ten minutes of that movie and walked away.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Kevin Spacey was excellent.
That's because Spacey is the man.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
It's an action movie. And in the grand scheme of action movies, this is one of the most realistic and measured ones out there.

I don't know how you couldn't like Taken. It's just Liam Neeson kicking ass and blowing up parts of Paris. It's simply and it's executed very well. Not that I would expect anything else from Luc Besson, but this movie still surpassed my expectations.
Most realistic and measured ones out there? Come on. It was a draw by the numbers action movie of 4 dozen bad guys shooting guns at this one super hero like guy and missing him with every shot. And what was with him pulling out an IV bag in the middle of nowhere??

It was the same as every other action movie ever made in the history of crappy action movies.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That's because Spacey is the man.
Quoted for truth.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I watched about ten minutes of that movie and walked away.
why? Its always good to give a movie a fair chance, as some movies start off slowly...I try to give a movie at least a half hour before getting annoyed with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Gosling, I'm watching Fracture tonight.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Speaking of Gosling, I'm watching Fracture tonight.
You ever see it? It's pretty good. Gosling annoys me sometimes because, he seems so laid back, like he isnt even trying in some roles or I dont know, his glazed over/stoner look annoys me but, I like him in Fracture. I dont question his talent he just rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just rewatched Once again. Falling Slowly is one of my favorite songs, and i really like the movie.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Most realistic and measured ones out there? Come on. It was a draw by the numbers action movie of 4 dozen bad guys shooting guns at this one super hero like guy and missing him with every shot. And what was with him pulling out an IV bag in the middle of nowhere??

It was the same as every other action movie ever made in the history of crappy action movies.
I respectfully disagree. Like most Besson films, the camera work and choreography was excellent. It didn't rely on many special effects or cg to accomplish it's goals.

Can you name me the last action film that wasn't entirely ridiculous and was actually made subtly well? You may not like the genre, but Taken was a standout in it.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
I just rewatched Once again. Falling Slowly is one of my favorite songs, and i really like the movie.
Once is amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched "About a Boy" and I was pleasantly surprised. I hadnt seen it since it came out, and I was like 12 at the time, so it clearly didnt sink in. Great movie though. Its hard to believe that the same guys who directed that directed American Pie. Hugh Grant is such an underrated actor...the voiceover during the film is hilarious. Overall, great movie, I really enjoyed it.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw it for the first time last night, and ending so ****** up that it made me laugh uncontrollably.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

Saw it for the first time last night, and ending so ****** up that it made me laugh uncontrollably.
The ending in that movie is so good...such a big fat **** you from Frank Darabont to the audience...I think its one of the best modern horror movies I have ever seen, right up there with 28 Days Later...plus, it has Tom Jane! He's Tom Jane!
Quote:
Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Later...plus, it has Tom Jane! He's Tom Jane!

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I am glad someone caught the reference. Tom Jane ftw.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
such a big fat **** you from Frank Darabont to the audience
You dont see good tragedies any more. People want happy endings and **** that.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone seen "The Last House on the Left"? If so, is it good? I am going to see it tonight.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Has anyone seen "The Last House on the Left"? If so, is it good? I am going to see it tonight.
I am sure you will love it.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You dont see good tragedies any more. People want happy endings and **** that.
I agree, **** happy endings...how are you feeling today?
Quote:
Old 03-19-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I agree, **** happy endings...how are you feeling today?
I'm fine, now, especially since we beat BYU. I am looking for a movie to watch.

Any one have suggestions for a edge-of-your-seat movie? Doesn't necessarily have to be a recent movie.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm fine, now, especially since we beat BYU. I am looking for a movie to watch.

Any one have suggestions for a edge-of-your-seat movie? Doesn't necessarily have to be a recent movie.
Not a movie but if you haven't seen the TV series, Breaking Bad, find that. Easy to find too on ovguide, and it defines edge of your seat entertainment.

The first season was only 7 episodes so they are quick to get through the entire series.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote