Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I'll rank my preference for Tarantino's movies::

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill 1
3. Jackie Brown
4. Kill Bill 2
5. Death Proof
6. Reservoir Dogs

I'm not the biggest Reservoir Dogs fan.. I want to watch it again sometime, though, just to get a second viewing of it. I really like all of his movies, so it's not like I didn't like Death Proof because I put it at #5. Kurt Russell was awesome in it and I really loved the ending.

Can't wait for Inglorious Bastards..
Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reservoir Dogs is way too low, in my opinion. It was the most dramatically relevant and ambitious movie he's ever made. It was basically filming a play (in as much as it was all about character study). I find it to be terribly underrated.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Pulp Fiction - One of the greatest movies ever made; near perfect.
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. The Man from Hollywood
4. Kill Bill 1
5. Jackie Brown
6. Kill Bill 2

Never seen Death Proof and I have no desire to.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Reservoir Dogs is way too low, in my opinion. It was the most dramatically relevant and ambitious movie he's ever made. It was basically filming a play (in as much as it was all about character study). I find it to be terribly underrated.
I don't think you can call Reservoir Dogs underrated, it has a huge following and is very critically acclaimed.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched The Day the Earth Stood Still recently. What a dumb f...ing movie! The Earth could have done without it.

"It's Keanu Reeves, but he's an Alien!"

GTFO! Who comes up with this crap? Seeing Keanu Reeves acting dumb as usual just makes you think "Hey, it's Keanu Reeves doing a bad job pretending to be an Alien...". It's almost like Keanu Reeves was sitting around and just decided he wanted to play an Alien so some halfazz writers put a goofy script together and threw some money at a studio. Is it really too much to ask for a serious Alien invasion movie in which people with talent make a movie about what might really happen if some Aliens came down. I can't remember the last Alien invasion movie that wasn't goofy. Keanu Reeves just quadruples the goof factor.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harold Ramis confirmed a Ghostbusters 3 in a interview with MTV. It's going to have the original Ghostbusters cast. I think they're going to be mentors to some new young Ghostbusters.

Also, a sequel to the new Star Trek has already been given a go. The writers for the Star Trek script are writing the sequel but adding co-creator of Lost Damon Lindelof. It's safe to assume J.J. Abrams will be involved in the sequel.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

/\ /\ /\ That is some great news, to me anyway.

Speaking of new movies, anyone else see the trailer for Crank 2? Haha, I think I remember seeing the guy fall a couple miles and completely obliterate himself at the end of Crank the original. Hmmmmm.

Still I am a huge Jason Statham fan, so could be a solid movie.

And totally random, but I watched Bowfinger the other day for probably the 5th time. Really underrated comedy in my opinion.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I watched The Day the Earth Stood Still recently. What a dumb f...ing movie! The Earth could have done without it.

GTFO! Who comes up with this crap? Seeing Keanu Reeves acting dumb as usual just makes you think "Hey, it's Keanu Reeves doing a bad job pretending to be an Alien...". It's almost like Keanu Reeves was sitting around and just decided he wanted to play an Alien so some halfazz writers put a goofy script together and threw some money at a studio. Is it really too much to ask for a serious Alien invasion movie in which people with talent make a movie about what might really happen if some Aliens came down. I can't remember the last Alien invasion movie that wasn't goofy. Keanu Reeves just quadruples the goof factor.

You should've watched this instead.

I also recommend They Live, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Both the 56' Original and 78' remake are good. The original one is on at 9:30 tonight on TCM.

Last edited by WMD : 03-31-2009 at 05:28 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You do not talk bad about the Keanu.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, it was a terrible movie. Keanu Reeves is so bad. The only movies I really liked him in were the Bill and Teds and The Devil's Advocate(******* awesome movie).

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Yeah, it was a terrible movie. Keanu Reeves is so bad. The only movies I really liked him in were the Bill and Teds and The Devil's Advocate(******* awesome movie).
I loved Devil's advocate! I like the first 2 Matrix movies too. Reeves has had a few decent performances in good movies.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I loved Devil's advocate! I like the first 2 Matrix movies too. Reeves has had a few decent performances in good movies.
I thought the first Matrix was pretty good, but I didn't like due to Keanu. I just love the story and idea of what's going on in their world. I need to watch the trilogy again because it has been a while. I remember liking parts of the second and third. I totally forgot Constantine which I thought was good.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

You should've watched this instead.

I also recommend They Live, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Both the 56' Original and 78' remake are good. The original one is on at 9:30 tonight on TCM.
Yes. Old science fiction movies for the win!
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I thought the first Matrix was pretty good, but I didn't like due to Keanu. I just love the story and idea of what's going on in their world. I need to watch the trilogy again because it has been a while. I remember liking parts of the second and third. I totally forgot Constantine which I thought was good.
I'm not saying Keanu was a reason to like those movies, but somehow I was never distracted by him being goofy Keanu Reeves in them. Maybe they were such good movies that it covered up his goofiness or maybe the directors or whoever of those movies got him to suck less than normal.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

I might watch one of them old SciFi movies recommended. I crave a good one.

btw, anyone who for whatever reason hasn't seen this:

See it. Good flickage.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not saying Keanu was a reason to like those movies, but somehow I was never distracted by him being goofy Keanu Reeves in them. Maybe they were such good movies that it covered up his goofiness or maybe the directors or whoever of those movies got him to suck less than normal.
Well he plays the confused roll pretty well and if anyone should be confused it's Neo.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well he plays the confused roll pretty well and if anyone should be confused it's Neo.
QFT

There can be no mention of old sci fi movies without the classic Plan 9 from Outer Space. It is widely considered the worst movie of all time. But it is so bad it is just awesome.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got done watching 7 Pounds. I enjoyed it a lot. I would rank it higher than Hancock and maybe just below The Persuit of Happiness.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought Choke, I heart Rockwell.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Apparently David Cronenberg wants to make an Eastern Promises sequel.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/30...%80%99-sequel/

Discuss.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting enough...I'd watch it. I didnt think Eastern Promises was as great as everyone made it out to be. I liked it but, wasnt exactly blown away or anything. But yeah, I'd watch a sequel.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just bought Choke, I heart Rockwell.
Ha, I saw that movie a few weeks ago.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Apparently David Cronenberg wants to make an Eastern Promises sequel.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/30...%80%99-sequel/

Discuss.
Loved the movie and Cronenberg (yay Canada), but Eastern doesn't call for a sequel

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I liked everything about Eastern Promises until the ending. Blah.