Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-22-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
It's stupid. Not every movie has a "deeper" meaning or hidden aganeda. Avatar is just flat out a good action and fantasy flick. It kicked all kinds of *** in my book
Ass isn't censored, so do you think the movie kicked all kinds of homosxexual?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I forgot 2012 came out already.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ass isn't censored, so do you think the movie kicked all kinds of homosxexual?
Hah, I thought it would get censored anyway so I just put the *'s. To me, the movie was excellent.

ASS.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched 500 Days of Summer and it didn't disappoint. Very good movie, but I would put Basterds ahead of it for my top movie of the year. Plan on watching Star Trek and Moon later this week.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from Avatar. Good first half, amazing second half. The story is pretty conventional and the writing is a little cliche at times, but man that thing was ******* beautiful. I wasn't really blown away by any of the CG until Neytiri's first scene, some of her facial expressions were just ridiculously good. And on that, how good was Zoe Saldana in her role? Even if it was just a blue,alien, CG version of her, her performance was amazing. She stole the show. Just a great fun movie to watch.

Unless you have a ridiculous set up at home, watch this in theaters. Seriosuly the whole time while I was watching, I was wishing I could have seen it in an IMAX theater.

Last edited by Paul : 12-23-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's just like The Princess and The Frog....In my African-American Studies class this semester, my professor showed us some essays about how it has a hidden racial message.

Because the black princess is supposed to expose the African American community/culture, yet they turn her into a frog for almost the entire movie.

It's stupid. Not every movie has a "deeper" meaning or hidden aganeda. Avatar is just flat out a good action and fantasy flick. It kicked all kinds of *** in my book
I didn't say it had a hidden agenda. Cameron probably genuinely wanted to exalt Native American culture. But doing it so blatantly through aliens is disrespectful. No one's gonna think you're equal/worthy of rights/etc. if someone's idea of respecting your culture is to copy your culture onto a fake alien race.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I didn't say it had a hidden agenda. Cameron probably genuinely wanted to exalt Native American culture. But doing it so blatantly through aliens is disrespectful. No one's gonna think you're equal/worthy of rights/etc. if someone's idea of respecting your culture is to copy your culture onto a fake alien race.
Why not? You have to parallel it somehow. I seroiusly don't think any one deciding on such an issue is going to go, 'Well, Avatar used a fake alien race to try and parallel them. No rights/respect/equality for you! Because of Avatar! Who deserves rights/respect/equality when they're paralleled in Avatar?'.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy ******* dick **** avatar 3d is amazing

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Why not? You have to parallel it somehow. I seroiusly don't think any one deciding on such an issue is going to go, 'Well, Avatar used a fake alien race to try and parallel them. No rights/respect/equality for you! Because of Avatar! Who deserves rights/respect/equality when they're paralleled in Avatar?'.
Yeah, I felt I didn't say that right. I don't think anyone is deciding based off of Avatar, but we're talking about perceptions here. And what I meant was that to be perceived as something you saw in the movie theatre in an alien flick is the disrespectful part.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now playing:

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Avatar yesterday. Pretty friggin awesome. Going out to watch Invictus in a bit just because there is rugby in it.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Avatar as well. I realllllly liked it. At the end there, it goes totally bad ass, to reallllllly sad, and then totally bad ass again. I thought it was really well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Saw Avatar yesterday. Pretty friggin awesome. Going out to watch Invictus in a bit just because there is rugby in it.
Not because it has God and Matt Damon in it, runs along one of the most compelling stories in history (Mandela, ending apartheid, unification, etc.), or because it looks like a flatout awesome movie?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Not because it has God and Matt Damon in it, runs along one of the most compelling stories in history (Mandela, ending apartheid, unification, etc.), or because it looks like a flatout awesome movie?
Nope, just because of the rugby. Those other things are just gravy on top.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The visuals in Avatar are amazing, and there are some pretty epic shots. That said, without the visuals, you have a movie with a terribly predictable plot, and rather plain dialogue.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Nope, just because of the rugby. Those other things are just gravy on top.
For the sole reason that I play rugby, I went and saw the other mess of a movie that was based on a high school rugby team. It came out like a year ago, and I don't even remember what the movie was called...Terrible

Thank God they made this movie. Not only is it based on a pretty incredible true story and filled with EXCELLENT actors, but the movie is just all around awesome. Finally they do the sport of rugby some justice.

It helps that Matt Damon is the man.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

I went and saw Avatar in 4D, came out dressed like a full blown Navi. The plot is predictable for the most part, and like said above the dialogue isn't anything special....But the effects and action blew me away.

It's definitely worth all the hype, and I love the fact that the final battle scene is atleast 30 mins long.

That being said, I coulda done without the alien love scene as I sat next to my 9 year old sister and 7 year old neice.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Beowulf for the first time today. I was reluctant to see it when it first came out because, I mean how many Beowulf movies have there been? Like 20 and I probably saw 10 variations, so I was in no hurry. That being said though, I liked it. Oddly enough Angelina's character came out looking the weirdest. Computers cant handle her unique hotness, I suppose.

Anyway, Brendan Gleeson, Anthony Hopkins, and Ray Winstone were full of win. And Alison Lohman's character was actually cute for a CG chick. haha. Cuter than Alison Lohman in some scenes, in fact. lol. And Lohman can be pretty cute, see Big Fish. But anyway, yeah it was better than I thought it would be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-23-2009 at 10:48 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I watched Beowulf for the first time today. I was reluctant to see it when it first came out because, I mean how many Beowulf movies have there been? Like 20 and I probably saw 10 variations, so I was in no hurry. That being said though, I liked it. Oddly enough Angelina's character came out looking the weirdest. Computers cant handle her unique hotness, I suppose.

Anyway, Brendan Gleeson, Anthony Hopkins, and Ray Winstone were full of win. And Alison Lohman's character was actually cute for a CG chick. haha. Cuter than Alison Lohman in some scenes, in fact. lol. And Lohman can be pretty cute, see Big Fish. But anyway, yeah it was better than I thought it would be.
first time I saw that movie was at the drafthouse in Austin, we got drunk as **** watching and when he burst out the sea monster's eye and screams "BEOWULF!" I was laughing so hard I couldnt breathe

Old 12-23-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I went and saw Avatar in 4D, came out dressed like a full blown Navi. The plot is predictable for the most part, and like said above the dialogue isn't anything special....But the effects and action blew me away.

It's definitely worth all the hype, and I love the fact that the final battle scene is atleast 30 mins long.

That being said, I coulda done without the alien love scene as I sat next to my 9 year old sister and 7 year old neice.
Wait, there's some place that lets you time travel and watch Avatar? Sign me up...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What? Alien sex? I now want to see it even more.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Wait, there's some place that lets you time travel and watch Avatar? Sign me up...
I wasn't sure how I got into the loin cloth and an arrow in my shoulder, but damn straight it's an experience.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
What? Alien sex? I now want to see it even more.
if by sex you mean making out and light spooning, then yes.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
if by sex you mean making out and light spooning, then yes.
Oh, such false hopes.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Oh, such false hopes.
In a dream world: penetration, action, penetration, action, penetration, and then the movie just sort of ends.