Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So any movie that pictures the world as falling apart is a sci-fi?
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Dystopia= science fiction.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched District 9 Sunday night then watched it again last night...last movie I did that for ws Step Brothers...

Last edited by trkaline : 12-29-2009 at 09:21 PM.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much. People tend to include those post apocalyptic movies into the sci fi genre. See the Road, Mad Max, or the Book of Eli.

It's all Sci Fi...a lot of people just liken "Sci Fi" to space or monsters/aliens.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-29-2009 at 09:20 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Dystopia= science fiction.
Alright, I see. I'm not agreeing with it, but I get the point.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty much (although dytopia isn't technically "falling apart"). I guess we could classify them as disaster movies, but that doesn't really do movies like Children of Men justice to be linked with mindless blockbusters like Deep Impact or 2012.

Honestly, science fiction is pretty broad. Anything that takes place in the future (or some dramatic re-imagining of the present) or off this planet qualifies.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

I now have an urge to watch Children of Men, but a friend of mine borrowed it and hasn't brought it back yet. :(

Dystopia should be its own genre.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt love Children of Men...I did however love the scene when all the soldiers just stop dead in their tracks when they see the baby. Great scene. Not one of my favorite movies, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I watched Blindness the other day. It was very meh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I didnt love Children of Men...I did however love the scene when all the soldiers just stop dead in their tracks when they see the baby. Great scene. Not one of my favorite movies, though.
If you pay attention, that movie has about three or four scenes that are one whole shot (meaning they don't cut even once) and they last about 3-5 minutes each. Children of Men had some of the best cinematography of any movie of the decade, flat out.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wasn't a fan of Children of Men, maybe I'll have to watch it again.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of which, Children of Men doesn't strike me as a sci-fi movie. What else than being about 20 years from now would qualify it for the genre?
Whole bitches can't get pregnant thing...

I guess it's borderline, but I don't know what other genre you'd put it in.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
If you pay attention, that movie has about three or four scenes that are one whole shot (meaning they don't cut even once) and they last about 3-5 minutes each. Children of Men had some of the best cinematography of any movie of the decade, flat out.
No complaints with the way it was shot...truth be told, I thought a lot of was just boring. I wasn't as engaged with it as others obviously were. Although critically acclaimed, it's not for everyone.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't want to be the one to bring this up but since no one else will and it is the best science fiction film of all time...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well, it does have Barry Pepper in it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't want to be the one to bring this up but since no one else will and it is the best science fiction film of all time...

I want to neg rep you for this, but im not sure if your serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherlock Holmes was good not great.

Might be one you can wait til DVD for . . .
Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

On the topic of Sci Fi...I want to see Daybreakers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Fountain is one of my favorite movies of all time. In fact, it is my favorite movie of my favorite movie director. But I can't call in sci-fi because it isn't.
PMD, I think I love you. I am a HUGE Aronofsky fanboy, as he's my favorite director, and The Fountain is a top 5 personal favorite of mine.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Sherlock Holmes was good not great.

Might be one you can wait til DVD for . . .
Really? I figured the spectacle of it on the big screen would be a big impetus. Honestly, I think I enjoyed the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie more for seeing it in theaters, and the impression I've gotten from what I know of Sherlock Holmes makes me think the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
PMD, I think I love you. I am a HUGE Aronofsky fanboy, as he's my favorite director, and The Fountain is a top 5 personal favorite of mine.
Let me ask you a question: Where does The Wrestler fall for you? I'm inclined to believe it's my least favorite (not that it wasn't one of the best movies of the year).
Old 12-29-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I raise you a Transformers 2.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? I figured the spectacle of it on the big screen would be a big impetus. Honestly, I think I enjoyed the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie more for seeing it in theaters, and the impression I've gotten from what I know of Sherlock Holmes makes me think the same.
Could be. Pirates was much better on the big screen way back when. Holmes was pretty good. But if you haven't seen 'Up in the Air' already, you're making a bad mistake seeing Holmes first.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question: Where does The Wrestler fall for you? I'm inclined to believe it's my least favorite (not that it wasn't one of the best movies of the year).
The Fountain
Pi
Requiem
Wrestler

at least that is how I see it, I loved Pi more than most... also, he is with Rachel Weisz who I find to be ridiculously hot

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm saving the disappointment for all of you that haven't seen Sherlock Holmes yet, but the Rachel McAdams corset scene is not in the movie. Huge disappointment.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Could be. Pirates was much better on the big screen way back when. Holmes was pretty good. But if you haven't seen 'Up in the Air' already, you're making a bad mistake seeing Holmes first.
Already seen that one, so no worries. Still gotta go out and get the Avatar experience though.

Quote:
The Fountain
Pi
Requiem
Wrestler

at least that is how I see it, I loved Pi more than most... also, he is with Rachel Weisz who I find to be ridiculously hot
Your rankings and your feeling about Rachel Weisz mirror mine exactly.