Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Rewarding her for Broken Embraces, maybe? No idea, I havent seen Nine :(
You aren't missing anything dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:00 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You aren't missing anything dammit.
Anything DDL is cant miss, dammit.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the main ones, btw : moved to this page since it was at the bottom

Best Motion Picture of the Year

Nominees:

The Blind Side (2009)

District 9 (2009)

An Education (2009)

The Hurt Locker (200

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009)

A Serious Man (2009)

Up (2009)

Up in the Air (2009/I)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

Nominees:

Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart (2009)

George Clooney for Up in the Air (2009/I)

Colin Firth for A Single Man (2009)

Morgan Freeman for Invictus (2009)

Jeremy Renner for The Hurt Locker (2009)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role

Nominees:

Sandra Bullock for The Blind Side (2009)

Helen Mirren for The Last Station (2009)

Carey Mulligan for An Education (2009)

Gabourey Sidibe for Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009)

Meryl Streep for Julie & Julia (2009)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

Nominees:

Matt Damon for Invictus (2009)

Christopher Plummer for The Last Station (2009)

Stanley Tucci for The Lovely Bones (2009)

Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Woody Harrelson for The Messenger (2009/I)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role

Nominees:

PenÚlope Cruz for Nine (2009)

Vera Farmiga for Up in the Air (2009/I)

Maggie Gyllenhaal for Crazy Heart (2009)

Anna Kendrick for Up in the Air (2009/I)

Mo'Nique for Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009)

Best Achievement in Directing

Nominees:

Kathryn Bigelow for The Hurt Locker (200

James Cameron for Avatar (2009)

Lee Daniels for Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009)

Jason Reitman for Up in the Air (2009/I)

Quentin Tarantino for Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen

Nominees:

The Hurt Locker (200: Mark Boal

Inglourious Basterds (2009): Quentin Tarantino

The Messenger (2009/I): Oren Moverman, Alessandro Camon

A Serious Man (2009): Joel Coen, Ethan Coen

Up (2009): Bob Peterson, Pete Docter

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published

Nominees:

District 9 (2009): Neill Blomkamp, Terri Tatchell

An Education (2009): Nick Hornby

In the Loop (2009): Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci, Tony Roche

Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009): Geoffrey Fletcher

Up in the Air (2009/I): Jason Reitman, Sheldon Turner

Best Achievement in Cinematography

Nominees:

Das weisse Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte (2009): Christian Berger

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009): Bruno Delbonnel

The Hurt Locker (200: Barry Ackroyd

Inglourious Basterds (2009): Robert Richardson

Best Achievement in Editing

Nominees:

Avatar (2009): Stephen E. Rivkin, John Refoua, James Cameron

District 9 (2009): Julian Clarke

The Hurt Locker (200: Bob Murawski, Chris Innis

Inglourious Basterds (2009): Sally Menke

Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009): Joe Klotz

Best Achievement in Art Direction

Nominees:

Avatar (2009): Rick Carter, Robert Stromberg

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009): Anastasia Masaro

Nine (2009): John Myhre

Sherlock Holmes (2009): Sarah Greenwood

The Young Victoria (2009): Patrice Vermette

Best Achievement in Costume Design

Nominees:

Bright Star (2009): Janet Patterson

Coco avant Chanel (2009): Catherine Leterrier

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009): Monique Prudhomme

Nine (2009): Colleen Atwood

The Young Victoria (2009): Sandy Powell

Best Achievement in Makeup

Nominees:

Il divo (200

Star Trek (2009)

The Young Victoria (2009)

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score

Nominees:

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009): Alexandre Desplat

The Hurt Locker (200: Marco Beltrami, Buck Sanders

Sherlock Holmes (2009): Hans Zimmer

Up (2009): Michael Giacchino

Best Achievement in Visual Effects

Nominees:

District 9 (2009)

Star Trek (2009)

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year

Nominees:

Coraline (2009)

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

The Princess and the Frog (2009)

The Secret of Kells (2009)

Up (2009)

Last edited by comahan : 02-02-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anything DDL is cant miss, dammit.
Even The Ballad of Jack and Rose?

Matt Damon over Jackie Earle Haley is ******** by the way.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-02-2010, 08:03 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Even The Ballad of Jack and Rose?

Matt Damon over Jackie Earle Haley is ******** by the way.
I liked ballad of Jack and Rose, haha

Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot believe that The Blind Side was nominated for Best Picture and (500) Days of Summer and Moon were not. That, to me, is atrocious, especially with 10 best picture noms this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:07 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Moon never, ever, EVER had a shot. 500 days at least had some love at points from precursors, but Moon was never even a possibility.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Why didn't Jackie Earle Haley get more award buzz, since I felt like bringing it up earlier? Sure Watchmen wasn't all that critically praised, but JEH was the saving grace of the movie and gave the 2nd best supporting performance of the year.

I suppose it's better than Morgan Freeman over Rockwell though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Moon never, ever, EVER had a shot. 500 days at least had some love at points from precursors, but Moon was never even a possibility.
I understand that it wasn't going to get nominated. I do realize that there is certain protocol that is in place, especially surrounding the awards. What I take issue with is the fact that a great movie like Moon wasn't nominated while a solid yet unspectacular movie like The Blind Side, was, simply because its net gross was about 250M higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I kind of agree of Haley. I didnt like Watchmen that much, but he certainly wasnt the reason why. He was pretty fantastic. Early release + bad reviews are a killer. You need Precious-like reviews to stay in peoples heads.

Id put him in over Damon, at least. Although Id put several other people ahead of Damon too. (Havent seen Last Station, regrettably, so I wont mention Plummer)

Old 02-02-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Damon's only claim to the Oscar nomination is a moderately decent accent in the movie.

Speaking of which, I've seen 8 of the 10 nominees, and I figure I'll get A Serious Man from Netflix next week. Anyone want to help me to see An Education? It would be very nice of you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-02-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suck it Moon/500 Days of Summer fanboys!

I knew I didn't like them that much for a reason.

District 9 > Moon

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Damon's only claim to the Oscar nomination is a moderately decent accent in the movie.

Speaking of which, I've seen 8 of the 10 nominees, and I figure I'll get A Serious Man from Netflix next week. Anyone want to help me to see An Education? It would be very nice of you.
Dont forget the yelling in huddles. He did some of that too.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Dont forget the yelling in huddles. He did some of that too.
That's pretty much the only thing I remember from the movie, and I saw it a month ago. I don't think that's what Clint wanted.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-02-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I understand that it wasn't going to get nominated. I do realize that there is certain protocol that is in place, especially surrounding the awards. What I take issue with is the fact that a great movie like Moon wasn't nominated while a solid yet unspectacular movie like The Blind Side, was, simply because its net gross was about 250M higher.
Everything, especially awards ceremonies, are based on money. It sucks, but it's true.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Everything, especially awards ceremonies, are based on money. It sucks, but it's true.
That doesn't explain why Crash beat Munich and Brokeback Mountain. And my soul.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-02-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is so annoying that Rockwell's tour de force performance in Moon can be so easily snubbed. Not only should he have been an automatic lock for a nomination, but I think he should have been a front runner for Best Actor.

George Clooney got nominated because he's George Clooney. It might be the best performance of his career, too. I'm sure he was his usual charming self and swooned Oscar voters.

Morgan Freeman is Morgan Freeman. He has a darker complexion than Rockwell and played Nelson Mandella. That was automatic.

Bridges has given the most critically acclaimed performance of the year and won multiple awards. That was a lock and he's the frontrunner.

Firth probably gave a great performance. He's one of the most underrated actors out there and I can't wait to see this film. He also played a suicidal homosexual. This is the Oscars, don't be surprised to see an upset.

So that basically left one slot open... I'm happy for Renner. He's a good actor and very deserving. The first two guys? Probably not as much.

Typical Oscar voting.

So easy and boring to predict. The Blind Side had white people taking care of a homeless black man. That kind of racially sentimental garbage is an immortal lock. (500) Days of Summer got snubbed because of this kind of crap and a peice of **** sci-fi movie like District 9. Unbelievable. I am really starting to hate District 9.

(500) Days of Summer was way too similar to Annie Hall, and since it was so much better, was not going to be recognized. (500) Days of Summer is viewed as being so influenced by Annie Hall that it was probably deemed too unoriginal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such a weak year for Best Picture.

An Education, Up in the Air were good. A Serious Man and Avatar did less for me than most others. District 9? Good, fun movie, but should not be nominated. Unless Precious sweeps me off my feet, I think I would back Basterds more than anything. That's as far as the nominees go. We all know Moon is the best :D
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda dissappointed that Stuhlbarg didn't get a nom for best actor, understandable though I guess.

At least A Serious Man got a best picture nod, easily my favourite movie of the year
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Un Prophete > ALL
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avatar getting so many nominations outside of "Achievement in visual effects" irks me to no end.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Seven Pounds a few nights ago. Most of the movie i was bored to death, good ending to the movie.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moon sucked get over it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Moon sucked get over it
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Moon sucked get over it
High-5!

This statement is true.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote