Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-03-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
That's a good thing!

I LOVED Gladiator.
True, Gladiator is awesome.

However, it's pretty much the opposite of what Robin Hood is supposed to be. Robin Hood isn't supposed to be this big, brawny lumberjack looking man who starts fights and uses his strength to overpower people.

Robin Hood is a character with incredible wits, who carefully plans his actions and uses different things to his advantage. He's not supposed to physically strike fear into anyone, which is part of his appeal and allows him to go unnoticed.

I may be wrong with the direction the movie takes, but everything from the trailer makes it seem like a huge action movie with lumberjack Robin Hood.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm excited for Clash of the Titans even though part of the original being kick ass was because of the cheesy special effects.
Ralph Fiennes will make this movie kick ass by himself.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
True, Gladiator is awesome.

However, it's pretty much the opposite of what Robin Hood is supposed to be. Robin Hood isn't supposed to be this big, brawny lumberjack looking man who starts fights and uses his strength to overpower people.

Robin Hood is a character with incredible wits, who carefully plans his actions and uses different things to his advantage. He's not supposed to physically strike fear into anyone, which is part of his appeal and allows him to go unnoticed.

I may be wrong with the direction the movie takes, but everything from the trailer makes it seem like a huge action movie with lumberjack Robin Hood.
Russell Crowe does whatever he wants ok!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inception and Shutter Island obviously. But I'm REALLY lookinf forward to Cyrus and Greenberg.

Greenberg

Cyrus
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew I was forgetting a few. Altered it to include THE AMERICAN and BIUTIFUL

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
4 movies starring Keira? I just jizzed.
I know! 2010 will be infinitely better than 2009 simply because of more Keira.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Old 02-03-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I know! 2010 will be infinitely better than 2009 simply because of more Keira.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
And more Fiennes (5 movies, though he won't star in each I think).
Old 02-03-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't mention this earlier but a period piece at number 1 for Commie? I AM SHOCKED AT THIS.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Didn't mention this earlier but a period piece at number 1 for Commie? I AM SHOCKED AT THIS.
Not only a period piece... but a KEIRA period piece

*swoons*

Old 02-03-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And more Fiennes (5 movies, though he won't star in each I think).
Holy god, I left Cemetery Junction off of this list

crap!

EDITING

Old 02-03-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as my most anticipated for this year I'd have to say:

1. Shutter Island- What can I say? Scorcese is a genius and it looks like he's done it again with this thriller starring Leo.
2. Inception- Still have no idea what it's about which probably makes me want to see it even more. Great cast and director too.
3. Iron Man 2- Enjoyed the first one and throw in Rockwell and Rourke and the second one looks like it'll pick up where the first left off.
4. The Rum Diary- Johnny Depp in another Hunter S. Thompson inspired movie. Need I say more?
5. Kick Ass- Looks...well kick ass.
6. Arrested Development- One of my favourite shows and I've anticipating the release of this movie evr since I first heard of it.
7. Alice In Wonderland- The visual effects look even better than those of Avatar.
8. Date Night- Looks like it could be this year's hit comedy. Awesome cast too. Carrell, Fey and Marky Mark!
9. True Grit
10. The Social Network- An entire movie about Facebook. Should be interesting, but I have faith in Fincher.

Honorable mentions:
Black Hole- Fincher directs this movie about an STD that is spreading amongst teenagers. That's enough to get my attention.
Cop Out- I'm a big Kevin Smith fan and even though he didn't write this I am still looking forward to it. The trailer has made me a little pessimistic, but I realize it's R rated so most of the material isn't made for TV anyways.
Black Swan- Portman/Kunis lesbian sex scene may be my most anticipated scene of the year.
London Boulevard
The American
Howl

All in all looks like it should be a better year than 09.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Not only a period piece... but a KEIRA period piece

*swoons*
I'm drooling all over the place.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Toy Story 3 is where, Todd??
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post

1. Shutter Island- What can I say? Scorcese is a genius and it looks like he's done it again with this thriller starring Leo.
2. Inception- Still have no idea what it's about which probably makes me want to see it even more. Great cast and director too.
3. Iron Man 2- Enjoyed the first one and throw in Rockwell and Rourke and the second one looks like it'll pick up where the first left off.
4. The Rum Diary- Johnny Depp in another Hunter S. Thompson inspired movie. Need I say more?
6. Arrested Development- One of my favourite shows and I've anticipating the release of this movie evr since I first heard of it.
7. Alice In Wonderland- The visual effects look even better than those of Avatar.
8. Date Night- Looks like it could be this year's hit comedy. Awesome cast too. Carrell, Fey and Marky Mark!
9. True Grit
10. The Social Network- An entire movie about Facebook. Should be interesting, but I have faith in Fincher.

Honorable mentions:
Black Hole- Fincher directs this movie about an STD that is spreading amongst teenagers. That's enough to get my attention.
Cop Out- I'm a big Kevin Smith fan and even though he didn't write this I am still looking forward to it. The trailer has made me a little pessimistic, but I realize it's R rated so most of the material isn't made for TV anyways.
Black Swan- Portman/Kunis lesbian sex scene may be my most anticipated scene of the year.
London Boulevard
The American
Howl

Ahhhh, I forgot The Rum Diary too. ****.

Edited in.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Kathryn Bigelow definitely doesn't look like a 58 year old.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post

9. True Grit

Honorable mentions:
London Boulevard
The American
Howl

Here's my list of movies to go to whilest ripped out of my mind:
1. Alice in Wonderland
2. Alice in Wonderland
3. Alice in Wonderland.

This is one of those movies that will be 100000% better high than it will be sober.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing about Alice in Wonderland excites me. Seems like just another movie "From the mind of Tim Burton". Meh.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny Depp playing the Mad Hatter is all you need to care about.

I'm probably going to watch this tonight, pretty excited...pretty pretty pretty excited.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Nothing about Alice in Wonderland excites me. Seems like just another movie "From the mind of Tim Burton". Meh.
He needs to do the Ed Wood sequel he was supposed to do where Ed Wood broke down in his older years.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Johnny Depp playing the Mad Hatter is all you need to care about.

I'm probably going to watch this tonight, pretty excited...pretty pretty pretty excited.
I PVRed it the other day and I plan on watching it sometime soon. Let me know how it is.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Here's my list of movies to go to whilest ripped out of my mind:
1. Alice in Wonderland
2. Alice in Wonderland
3. Alice in Wonderland.

This is one of those movies that will be 100000% better high than it will be sober.
Without being high, this movie is pointless in my opinion.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Without being high, this movie is pointless in my opinion.
What a stupid comment as you havent even seen it yet........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being high makes every movie better so it's pointless to tag that on there.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Being high is as overrated as Megan Fox.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Being high is as overrated as Megan Fox.
I feel like we get closer every day.

RIP TheManInBlack