Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I just came.
I watched it again, and it was better the 2nd time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I watched it again, and it was better the 2nd time.
I agree with this conclusion, and might I add that Sam Rockwell is a goddamn sexy beast.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been saying hes a sexy beast for quite some time now. Although RDJ is quite sexy in his own right.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Brooklyn's Finest and I was a bit disappointed. I didn't have high expectations since Richard ***** was in it, and to no surprise, he was badly miscast, but I love cop movies, so my expectations were high regardless. Gere actually had one of the best characters written on the page and one that could have been quite good. Although he doesn't give the worst performance in the film. That crown belongs to Ellen Barkin. You watch the previews and you can see how ridiculous she looks.

With that said, Don Cheadle and Ethan Hawke are both terrific. I loved Cheadle's performance and I think he's one of the best actors working today. One of my favorite performances is his role in Talk To Me, which is a ******* masterpiece. Here, he portrays the animosity within an agency about as good as I've ever seen. How he starts to feel as if he's putting in all this work (that is taking away from his life and threatening his life), and he gets nothing in return from the NYPD. That was some good ****. That is hardly ever explored in movies (although, "if you do this one last thing for me and you'll make detective 1st grade" lined annoyed the hell out of me). Gere is similar as well. His characters attitude towards the job is perfect. We see the stark contrast between the rookie cop he's training and his own attitudes. The rookie wants to make an arrest of a guy hitting his girl and Gere just doesn't care. He's got 7 days left on the job and he's doing nothing more than cashing a paycheck until retirement, which is what he's been doing for the last 20 years.

Hawke's character is more of a contrivance, but he plays the role with so much intensity that I momentarily forgot about how stupid his reasons were for his ridiculous, Alonzo Harris-like actions. The "starting pay is 20,000 grad a year" and he's got twins on the way and a wife with health problems because of the mold in the house... he's a detective that makes a lot of drug busts... in other words... he shoots a lot of people with a lot of money at the crime scene. Can you guess what he does with the money? First off, they start about 50,000 grad, but who ******* cares? If we act like they make ****, then it will seem like cops don't make any money and thats a good reason for them steal from people. Seen it before. It's worthless.

There is a bitterness to police work, usually with guys over ten years, that was captured extremely well. Don Cheadle feels more connected to a drug dealer (Wesley Snipers, who was excellent) than he does his own police department. They have a past. Wesley saved his life. Wesley did something for him, which is more than the NYPD has done.

The ending is over-the-top and you'll think of another crime movie that was much better that it seams to rip off. Way too much killing for no apparent reason. Overall, a solid movie that really just needed to be toned down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing trailer. Can't wait to see that. And Scarlett Johansson as a redhead = <3.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Iron Man trailer is awesome. Rhodey finally gets his time. This just gets me excited for the Avengers movie, who are easily my favorite super hero team. I wonder if War Machine and Black Widow will have any role in it. That would also be an expensive cast if the current actors of the heroes stay the same. Plus whoever is Thor and Captain America. I can't see War Machine getting his own movie (he isn't even an Avenger). There are rumors of Black Widow getting her own movie though. After Catwoman and Elektra, they need a successful heroine. I don't know if Scarlett Johansson will be able to pull that off. I guess we will see in her portrayal of Black Widow. It may take Wonder Woman to pull it off.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 03-08-2010 at 02:24 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there are random reports that olivia munn is the scarlett witch. it makes sense from what i heard and should put her inline for being in the avengers. ign has an article although it isn't 100%.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1075064p1.html

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
there are random reports that olivia munn is the scarlett witch. it makes sense from what i heard and should put her inline for being in the avengers. ign has an article although it isn't 100%.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1075064p1.html
I heard she was going to be in the movie, just haven't heard her role.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gonna be awesommmmmeee

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

If they bring the Scarlet Witch in to the Avengers movie, will they have Vision, Quicksilver, and Hawkeye? I figured they were going to do it with the founding members. So much more for me to nerd out about.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they were looking at jeremy renner from the hurt locker (and bad guy from swat) to play hawkeye. nothing official though, just a little information packet and a meeting. if its not jeremy, then it'll probably be somebody else to play clint barton.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don Cheadle wins internetz all the time. true story

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Olivia Munn doesnt have a role. Thats just rumors. Her voice is the voice for the War Machine HUD. She isnt actually in the movie at all.
Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Iron Man 2 trailer is really good, I dunno if they should make it into a movie or not though, I'm afraid it would ruin the trailer's awesomeness. ONION!
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Olivia Munn doesnt have a role. Thats just rumors. Her voice is the voice for the War Machine HUD. She isnt actually in the movie at all.
wow, ign's ''reporting'' blows. still i wish she'd wear what was in my pic as the scarlett witch outfit.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-08-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
lhttp://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...eature-trailer

new iron man 2 trailer looks good

i spent the past half hour trying to convert that into an embedded video on here so haven't been able to comment about iron man 2 yet

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That would of been more funny if you know...it was when I posted it
Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would have been more funny if you know...it was when I posted it
Sorry, but that drives me up the wall.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would of been more funny if you know...it was when I posted it
yeah but no one likes you.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Thanks mum!

Seriously though, my mum constantly correcting that has made it "****" me, as in it shits me that I now notice when people do it and really I just shouldn't care.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hurt Locker is a solid movie, but it is EXTREMELY OVERRATED.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Yeah it bugs me too, and most people do it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
The Hurt Locker is a solid movie, but it is EXTREMELY OVERRATED.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how Sandra Bullock wins best actress in the same year she did "All About Steve"
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Saints are overrated too.