Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Nicholson is the ******* man. Between The Shining, Easy Rider and The Departed, I'm not sure which is my favorite performance of his.

Quote:
I'm not gonna hurt ya. Wendy? Darling? Light of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya, I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash 'em right the **** in.

I don't think this is a flawless movie or the masterpiece that many seem to think it is, or the greatest horror film of all time (but then again, it really doesn't have much competition in my book). Those two scenes though are about as perfectly acted and directed and shot as movies get (someone ****** with the sound in the first video though and it's really annoying).

I do consider this one of Kubrick's best, if not the best. Not a huge fan of his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Shining is one of my favorite movies. I think the vibe, the aura, the atmosphere was done perfectly. I love how Stanley Kubrick took Stephen King's story and whittled it down to core elements and made the supernatural elements much more ambiguous and mysterious. It is my favorite suspense/horror movie.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw The Road last night it was ok but nothing special.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's great in easy rider and the departed, but I think Jacks is best in The Shining and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I think Easy Rider, Batman, Chinatown, and The Departed fall in after those two. He's in a lot of great movies.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chinatown will always be Jack's best to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Nicholson played Jack Nicholson in Batman. It wasn't a terrible performance, but he really didn't act at all. He just walked around being himself.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i heard a rumor that Joel McHale was reading for The Riddler in the new Batman movie.

thoughts?

i personally think Jim Carey under the direction of Nolan would be very well.
XLIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Paul Bettany in the role personally. I know he was a finalist for The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Jack Nicholson played Jack Nicholson in Batman. It wasn't a terrible performance, but he really didn't act at all. He just walked around being himself.
Possibly the only person in the world who can pull off sunglasses indoors and not get **** for it.

No...YES...**** no.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Chinatown will always be Jack's best to me.
Faye Dunaway looked great in Chinatown...Too bad she had to get old. The only Polanski movie I liked better than Chinatown was The Tenant. Both are excellent for older films, for present day films even.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chinatown was brilliant. Jake Geddes is one of my all time favorite characters.

"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown." Incredible way to end a movie.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

official costume in the upcoming Capt. America movie:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah a bunch of it was leaked. Here is one with Evans face:

Thor was leaked as well.

Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!
Worst movie ever?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hate the fact that Chris Evans is playing Captain America. I was really rooting for John Krasinski to get that role. Even though a lot of people think he would be bad at it. But I've enjoyed a lot of his work so far.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Worst movie ever?
More like MOST NECESSARY MOVIE EVER

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And incase you want to play.

http://nintendo8.com/game/607/karate_kid,_the/

Last edited by Splat : 06-03-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I still hate the fact that Chris Evans is playing Captain America. I was really rooting for John Krasinski to get that role. Even though a lot of people think he would be bad at it. But I've enjoyed a lot of his work so far.
Im a big fan of Krasinski, but there was no way in hell he was going to be a convincing Captain America. Anyone who has ever read a Captain America comic would of been so disappointed. Evans has a better look, physique, and dramatic resume.
Quote:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Im a big fan of Krasinski, but there was no way in hell he was going to be a convincing Captain America. Anyone who has ever read a Captain America comic would of been so disappointed. Evans has a better look, physique, and dramatic resume.
Eh I would of still went with Krasinski, I mean Evans was already Johnny Storm. Plus Krasinski can add some comedy to it by giving the camera the ole Jim Halpert look when something goes wrong. LMAO!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Exact same thing can be said about his role in The Departed.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh I would of still went with Krasinski, I mean Evans was already Johnny Storm. Plus Krasinski can add some comedy to it by giving the camera the ole Jim Halpert look when something goes wrong. LMAO!
The argument that Evans was already Johnny Storm is actually pretty ill informed and I dont buy it for a second. Completely different ownership rights, studios, and production teams, and plenty of actors have played multiple superheroes. Not to mention, the Fantastic 4 suck and Captain America is a badass, and Marvel is lightyears ahead of other studios at adapting their own work.
Quote:
Old 06-03-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rented The Road, The Hurt Locker, and Inglorious Basterds earlier and am in the process of watching them. Gonna go with The Road first. Viggo!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The argument that Evans was already Johnny Storm is actually pretty ill informed and I dont buy it for a second. Completely different ownership rights, studios, and production teams, and plenty of actors have played multiple superheroes. Not to mention, the Fantastic 4 suck and Captain America is a badass, and Marvel is lightyears ahead of other studios at adapting their own work.
A Fantastic 4 movie, if adapted correctly (aka NOT BY TIM STORY), would be way better than a Captain America movie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
official costume in the upcoming Capt. America movie:
That belt looks like something I used to store paintballs in.