Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
According to your logic, Tyler's as bad as Clausen, since he played against the same weak competition, and also had 10 D-1 players against the same bunch of nobodies...well, at least until he broke his leg that is.

Sanchez is a headcase waiting to implode. Mustain has serious mommy-attachment issues, and also was on a HS team with 4 D-1 prospects on the offensive side of the ball. If his mom imploded because he had to hand off to a freakin' Heisman Trophy candidate RB, what is she gonna do when he's second fiddle to the other talent at USC? And Corp was a 2 star until he pledged to USC, then he miraculously leaped up to a 4 star...even won California POY because the sportswriters were pissed that Jimmy spurned USC. Sad thing is, the kid obviously has a vote of no confidence from Carroll, considering Petey was still chasing Clausen up until the last minute then turned around and promised Crist he'd start ahead of Corp. Plus, most USC fans I know are banking on Matt Barkley to sign in '09 and take over as a 3-4 year starter.

USC's QB depth is good in name only. It'll be interesting to see how their QBs do under 100% Sarkesian tutoring and no remnants of Norm Chow training.

Tyler is better than Clausen. Tyler is big, fast, powerful, not a *****. Hence I like him.

Sanchez and Mustain, like them or not, are both excellent QB prospects. Excellent running game or not, Mustain still went 8-0 in the SEC. You do know usually when you're ranked a 2 star it means they haven't seen much of your film? Like Carroll needs to be recruiting 2 star QBs, give me a ******* break.

Carroll always recruits until the end, it's how he's assembled the team he has and all those great running backs. RoJo was a Michigan lock for a while it seemed. Carroll kept recruiting, now we're discussing what kind of impact Rojo will have as a freshman for the Trojans. Joe McKnight was supposed to be an LSU Tiger or go to Ole Miss

Crist is nasty good. He'll be the guy at QB IMO.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:10 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 402
Reputation: 6189
JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Tyler is better than Clausen. Tyler is big, fast, powerful, not a *****. Hence I like him.

Sanchez and Mustain, like them or not, are both excellent QB prospects. Excellent running game or not, Mustain still went 8-0 in the SEC. You do know usually when you're ranked a 2 star it means they haven't seen much of your film? Like Carroll needs to be recruiting 2 star QBs, give me a ******* break.

Carroll always recruits until the end, it's how he's assembled the team he has and all those great running backs. RoJo was a Michigan lock for a while it seemed. Carroll kept recruiting, now we're discussing what kind of impact Rojo will have as a freshman for the Trojans. Joe McKnight was supposed to be an LSU Tiger or go to Ole Miss

Crist is nasty good. He'll be the guy at QB IMO.
So lemme get you logic straight....Clausen benefitted from having Tyler (despite the fact he was still putting up numbers after Tyler was lost for the year), but Mustain's 8 SEC wins can't be attributed to the fact that Darren McFadden is a stud and Felix Jones is no slouch? Contradict yourself much?

Right....Carroll never gets desperate and recruits low level QBs or goes to second and 3rd options...well, except for Samson Szakacsy. A 3 star QB who pledged to USC? The horrors!

I may have been off on Corp's ranking, but I know it did go up when he pledged. Miraculously enough, Corp and Szakacsy both pledged to USC right after Clausen and Mike Paulus both spurned USC.

And depending on who gets the starting QB job this year, both Crist and Clausen may be riding the pine. If Sharpley wins the derby, the job is up for grabs in 2 years. If Jones wins it, it could be a long wait for both.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
So lemme get you logic straight....Clausen benefitted from having Tyler (despite the fact he was still putting up numbers after Tyler was lost for the year), but Mustain's 8 SEC wins can't be attributed to the fact that Darren McFadden is a stud and Felix Jones is no slouch? Contradict yourself much?

Right....Carroll never gets desperate and recruits low level QBs or goes to second and 3rd options...well, except for Samson Szakacsy. A 3 star QB who pledged to USC? The horrors!

I may have been off on Corp's ranking, but I know it did go up when he pledged. Miraculously enough, Corp and Szakacsy both pledged to USC right after Clausen and Mike Paulus both spurned USC.

And depending on who gets the starting QB job this year, both Crist and Clausen may be riding the pine. If Sharpley wins the derby, the job is up for grabs in 2 years. If Jones wins it, it could be a long wait for both.
Perhaps reading is not your strong suit. "Excellent running game or not, Mustain went 8-0". Obviously I don't think Clausen didn't play a big role in them winning games, but some people are going a little over the top. The 'Michael Jordan of HS Football"? A wee bit of a stretch I'd say.

You're gonna like this one. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=48745&sport=1 Now my eyes may be deceiving me, but I do believe that says Arizona State (signed LOI) under his profile, but that could just be me. Let's look at SC's QB signees since 2002 shall we?

2002: John David Booty, NR (Because he left HS early) I'm assuming he's a 4-5 guy coming out of HS
2003: Rocky Hinds, 4 star
2005: Mark Sanchez, 5 star
2006: Garrett Green, 3 star
2007: Aaron Corp, 4 star

So Pete's gotten one 3 star recruit, never a 2 star. And usually a 2 star in the middle of the season or before the season means they haven't watched your film yet. For example, Mike Cox, RB who recently committed to Michigan, is expected to be a high 3/low 4 in the next rankings. Corp was a 2 who went to a 4 after they watched his film.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 402
Reputation: 6189
JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Perhaps reading is not your strong suit. "Excellent running game or not, Mustain went 8-0". Obviously I don't think Clausen didn't play a big role in them winning games, but some people are going a little over the top. The 'Michael Jordan of HS Football"? A wee bit of a stretch I'd say.

You're gonna like this one. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=48745&sport=1 Now my eyes may be deceiving me, but I do believe that says Arizona State (signed LOI) under his profile, but that could just be me. Let's look at SC's QB signees since 2002 shall we?

2002: John David Booty, NR (Because he left HS early) I'm assuming he's a 4-5 guy coming out of HS
2003: Rocky Hinds, 4 star
2005: Mark Sanchez, 5 star
2006: Garrett Green, 3 star
2007: Aaron Corp, 4 star

So Pete's gotten one 3 star recruit, never a 2 star. And usually a 2 star in the middle of the season or before the season means they haven't watched your film yet. For example, Mike Cox, RB who recently committed to Michigan, is expected to be a high 3/low 4 in the next rankings. Corp was a 2 who went to a 4 after they watched his film.
Actually, I've been reading for quite some time. Maybe your skills are a bit lacking, since Clausen was dubbed the "LeBron James of HS Football", not the Jordan. I see it as him being labeled as being so good it was like watching a man playing among boys, which it was.

Maybe you missed the fact that Szakacsy decommitted from USC at the last moment to join Erickson at AZ St., so he was very much a USC recruit. (http://rivals100.rivals.com/barrier_...id=&mid=&rid=) Believe me, there were enough Trojan fans who were all over the Rivals & Scout ND boards telling anyone who would listen how much better off they were not getting Clausen and getting Corp & Szakacsy when they committed back to back.

Besides, I've seen Corp play. Quite impressive in the CIF championship game, but I don't think he's a good fit at USC. His skillset would probably be better suited at Florida or West Virginia....basically, any team that has an offense that is more suited for a mobile QB. USC's offense is tailor made for a drop back passer, and that isn't Corp's style. I also know it isn't USC's style to tweak their offense to suit a player....either you do what's asked, or you ride the pine. A guy coming out of a West Virginia-style offense is goign to struggle with a pro style offense for some time. I don't think Corp ever sees the field as a QB. If USC lands Barkley in the future class, expect Corp to bulk up and play FB or TE, or to just transfer a la Hinds.

Last edited by JayP : 08-09-2007 at 04:31 PM.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 460
Reputation: 1190
Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Weinke is good too, rated one of the most accurate QBs this year but we're not blowing him left and right.

Crist is a very good QB who I think will end up beating out/up Clausen. I think he's got a strong arm, moves around fairly well and can put the ball in tight spots. Doesn't seem to be as much as a ***** as Clausen is.
I never said Weinke wasn't good, but to act like Crist's highlight video was disappointing when he was being recruited by every major program including Michigan is ridicules.
__________________
Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!
Axl Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 460
Reputation: 1190
Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa wait...The best? He would have gone to SC to match up with the best QBs. Sanchez is a former Parade HS POY and Mustain was the #1 QB in his class. Isn't Aaron Corp, another highly touted QB headed there too?

Clausen, for the last time, had sick stats because he played weak competition and was adept at putting the ball in Marc Tyler's gut. Always helps when you have 10 D-1 players on your team playing a bunch of nobodies.
First of all Clausen Committed to ND before Mustain transfered to SC or Corp verballed to SC. So to say he was scarred of the competition is hilarious especially since he verballed to ND where he would have to battle 3 highly rated QB's for the starting job. Besides Mustain was trying to commit to ND after he first de-committed to Arkansas but coach Weis wanted to wait for Clausen, and Coach Carrol was still trying to recruit Clausen even after he received a verbal from Corp. So Clausen must be a good prospect if he had coaches passing on other highly ranked QB's for him.

Clausens been impressing since his freshmen year, and the fact that every major program in the nation was interested in him shows that he does have skills.
__________________
Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!
Axl Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
According to your logic, Tyler's as bad as Clausen, since he played against the same weak competition, and also had 10 D-1 players against the same bunch of nobodies...well, at least until he broke his leg that is.

Sanchez is a headcase waiting to implode. Mustain has serious mommy-attachment issues, and also was on a HS team with 4 D-1 prospects on the offensive side of the ball. If his mom imploded because he had to hand off to a freakin' Heisman Trophy candidate RB, what is she gonna do when he's second fiddle to the other talent at USC? And Corp was a 2 star until he pledged to USC, then he miraculously leaped up to a 4 star...even won California POY because the sportswriters were pissed that Jimmy spurned USC. Sad thing is, the kid obviously has a vote of no confidence from Carroll, considering Petey was still chasing Clausen up until the last minute then turned around and promised Crist he'd start ahead of Corp. Plus, most USC fans I know are banking on Matt Barkley to sign in '09 and take over as a 3-4 year starter.

USC's QB depth is good in name only. It'll be interesting to see how their QBs do under 100% Sarkesian tutoring and no remnants of Norm Chow training.
Where do you get your information? corp a 2 star? he won CIF and state with the only loss to servite. Get your info straight.

Last edited by soybean : 08-09-2007 at 01:56 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

delete post.

Last edited by soybean : 08-09-2007 at 02:02 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 402
Reputation: 6189
JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Where do you get your information? corp a 2 star? he won CIF and state with the only loss to servite. Get your info straight.
Try reading the whole post and getting your own facts straight. I said I may have been off on his initial star ranking, but I know he wasn't a 4 star player from the get go. He got his 4th star after committing to USC. And its hilarious that Corp won California POY, yet Clausen took pretty much every national award he went up for. Tell me it isn't homerism when a kid is a Parade and Army All-American, listed as the #1 prospect in the country, but not considered the POY in his state.

Corp was option #3 for USC behind Clausen and Paulus, in that order. Most ND & USC fans assumed that since Clausen and Paulus both had high interest in USC and ND, whoever pulled the trigger first would seal the deal for the other. When Clausen committed, everyone figured Paulus was USC bound. Amazing that when Paulus shocked everyone by heading to N.C., Corp and Szakacsy committed rapid fire.

Last edited by JayP : 08-09-2007 at 04:45 PM.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
I never said Weinke wasn't good, but to act like Crist's highlight video was disappointing when he was being recruited by every major program including Michigan is ridicules.
I didn't say Crist was disappointing.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Try reading the whole post and getting your own facts straight. I said I may have been off on his initial star ranking, but I know he wasn't a 4 star player from the get go. He got his 4th star after committing to USC. And its hilarious that Corp won California POY, yet Clausen took pretty much every national award he went up for. Tell me it isn't homerism when a kid is a Parade and Army All-American, listed as the #1 prospect in the country, but not considered the POY in his state.

Corp was option #3 for USC behind Clausen and Paulus, in that order. Most ND & USC fans assumed that since Clausen and Paulus both had high interest in USC and ND, whoever pulled the trigger first would seal the deal for the other. When Clausen committed, everyone figured Paulus was USC bound. Amazing that when Paulus shocked everyone by heading to N.C., Corp and Szakacsy committed rapid fire.
you could be right but this is all hearsay. How do YOU know how bad SC wanted Clausen or Paulus? and that corp was just a last minute resort?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

plus i still dont believe that usc was that actively pursuing clausen considering he commited a year early.

i don't know why we're arguing about jimmy clausen though, ryan mallet is a much better qb than him

Last edited by soybean : 08-09-2007 at 05:15 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 460
Reputation: 1190
Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I didn't say Crist was disappointing.
My post was in response to Michigan.
__________________
Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!
Axl Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
plus i still dont believe that usc was that actively pursuing clausen considering he commited a year early.

i don't know why we're arguing about jimmy clausen though, ryan mallet is a much better qb than him
Bless your heart for that last remark :) I don't want to be accused of homerism
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 402
Reputation: 6189
JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
you could be right but this is all hearsay. How do YOU know how bad SC wanted Clausen or Paulus? and that corp was just a last minute resort?
You can't possibly be that stupid.

How do I know USC wanted Clausen or Paulus? I dunno...the well publicized text message that Clausen received from Pete Carroll right after the Sugar Bowl stating "Do you still wanna do this? You can still change your mind." Gee...that sounds like Pete Carroll was after him. Or maybe the fact that USC sent Clausen a schollie offer when he was a sophomore (http://www.pe.com/sports/college/usc....35acbd8.html) means that they wanted him pretty badly?

Regarding Paulus, read away: http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/525423.html. In case you're too lazy to click it, lemme pull a quote for you:

Quote:
"It came down to USC and North Carolina and I called Coach Bunting and let him know."

"Coach Bunting was extremely happy. He said 'I'm a very, very happy head coach right now. I'm grinning ear to ear.'"

A four-star prospect, according to Scout.com, Paulus also made a phone call to Southern Cal head coach Pete Carroll to inform him of the decision.

"Coach Carroll was very classy; he said 'You're unbelievable, we wish we could have had you - North Carolina is really lucky because you're going to be very good,' " Paulus said.
I think it's safe to say Pete wanted both of them, but I'm thinking Clausen got his schollie offer first, then Paulus, then Corp. Especially considering this article (http://notredame.rivals.com/content....961&CID=540387) alludes to the fact that Corp got his USC offer in late April (definitely after Clausen committed and around the time Paulus probably notified Carroll he was going to UNC) and accepted quickly.

But no, I'm just full of heresay.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
You can't possibly be that stupid.

How do I know USC wanted Clausen or Paulus? I dunno...the well publicized text message that Clausen received from Pete Carroll right after the Sugar Bowl stating "Do you still wanna do this? You can still change your mind." Gee...that sounds like Pete Carroll was after him. Or maybe the fact that USC sent Clausen a schollie offer when he was a sophomore (http://www.pe.com/sports/college/usc....35acbd8.html) means that they wanted him pretty badly?

Regarding Paulus, read away: http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/525423.html. In case you're too lazy to click it, lemme pull a quote for you:

I think it's safe to say Pete wanted both of them, but I'm thinking Clausen got his schollie offer first, then Paulus, then Corp. Especially considering this article (http://notredame.rivals.com/content....961&CID=540387) alludes to the fact that Corp got his USC offer in late April (definitely after Clausen committed and around the time Paulus probably notified Carroll he was going to UNC) and accepted quickly.

But no, I'm just full of heresay.
read my post again. if pete really wanted clausen or Paulus THAT BAD. he would have got them. Plus schools always offer schollies to players even when they don't expect them to start. paulus would have never played. I suppose garrett green will be the next carson palmer too.

Last edited by soybean : 08-09-2007 at 08:40 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,188
Reputation: 746099
mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
read my post again. if pete really wanted clausen or Paulus THAT BAD. he would have got them. Plus schools always offer schollies to players even when they don't expect them to start. paulus would have never played. I suppose garrett green will be the next carson palmer too.
Are you joking? Does USC have a special button they press for anybody they want? I bet any top prospect who goes elsewhere is just a guy that Pete Carrol declined. I bet USC could just go to every prospect and sign them, regardless of who else is recruiting them.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 402
Reputation: 6189
JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
read my post again. if pete really wanted clausen or Paulus THAT BAD. he would have got them. Plus schools always offer schollies to players even when they don't expect them to start. paulus would have never played. I suppose garrett green will be the next carson palmer too.
My god....you really are that dense.

Clausen was down to ND & USC and Paulus was down to NC & USC. For someone who really didn't want those guys, Pete sure as hell put forth a lot of effort recruiting them and getting to their top 2.

If Pete really wanted them, he'd have them huh? I can rattle off a LONG list of players Carroll wanted and didn't get...lemme think of a few off the top of my head....Dayne Crist...James Aldridge...James Wilson...Percy Harvin...Donovan Warren...Sam Young...Darius Flemming...nope, guess Pete was joking by showing up at their schools, offering them scholarships, meeting with their coaches and parents, and trying to get them to come to USC. That prankster....whoo.....Carroll is one funny man!

Sure Carroll had no intention of ever playing Paulus. If that makes you sleep better at night, go right ahead and keep thinking that. Just like you keep thinking that Green was projecting as a QB in college (he was coming in as a safety I think, but switched to QB due to lack of depth).
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
My god....you really are that dense.

Clausen was down to ND & USC and Paulus was down to NC & USC. For someone who really didn't want those guys, Pete sure as hell put forth a lot of effort recruiting them and getting to their top 2.

If Pete really wanted them, he'd have them huh? I can rattle off a LONG list of players Carroll wanted and didn't get...lemme think of a few off the top of my head....Dayne Crist...James Aldridge...James Wilson...Percy Harvin...Donovan Warren...Sam Young...Darius Flemming...nope, guess Pete was joking by showing up at their schools, offering them scholarships, meeting with their coaches and parents, and trying to get them to come to USC. That prankster....whoo.....Carroll is one funny man!

Sure Carroll had no intention of ever playing Paulus. If that makes you sleep better at night, go right ahead and keep thinking that. Just like you keep thinking that Green was projecting as a QB in college (he was coming in as a safety I think, but switched to QB due to lack of depth).
Ok I don't agree with soybean's earlier point. But lack of depth at QB or pretty much any position is not a problem with SC.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 402
Reputation: 6189
JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Ok I don't agree with soybean's earlier point. But lack of depth at QB or pretty much any position is not a problem with SC.
I disagree. Like I said in another thread, USC has depth in name, but something isn't quite right. Check out this quote from their practice reviews: (http://usc.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=2&c=666809)

Quote:
*Backup quarterback Mark Sanchez has struggled a bit the past two days. He has not looked as sharp as one might expect, missing some short throws, and making some ill advised throws when his first option is covered.
Not exactly what you want to be hearing about your backup, who was the man his senior year in HS, but should be further along as a player heading into his 3rd year in the program.

I'm thinking Sanchez is strugging and Pete may be losing confidence in him, which would explain some of his QB recruiting moves. Like others have said, there's no way Mustain goes to USC unless he thinks he has a good chance to start, which means beating out Sanchez. Corp, IMO, is no match for Mustain.

Last edited by JayP : 08-10-2007 at 09:35 AM.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Ok I don't agree with soybean's earlier point. But lack of depth at QB or pretty much any position is not a problem with SC.
i wasn't serious i meant it as an exaggeration obviously they don't get all the players they want (ie. desean jackson) I just meant I didn't think pete wanted those qbs so bad. But who knows, i admit i don't know that much about recruiting.

Also, michael mcdonald is a more than capable backup.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 402
Reputation: 6189
JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i wasn't serious i meant it as an exaggeration obviously they don't get all the players they want (ie. desean jackson) I just meant I didn't think pete wanted those qbs so bad. But who knows, i admit i don't know that much about recruiting.

Also, michael mcdonald is a more than capable backup.
Nice backpedaling. Sure you didn't mean it...you just didn't think people were gonna call you an idiot for a stupid thought. I bet it even sounded smart when you were typing it too.

Sure...Pete's goal was to settle for Corp because he's so much better than Clausen. Who was USA Today's Offensive POY? The Army All American POY? The Parade POY? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Corp.

Michael McDonald a capable backup? You're obviously kidding. I'm sure that if Carroll had to put McDonald in a game this year that wasn't a blowout, the brown stain on the back of Pete's pants would be noticeable to all of America.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Nice backpedaling. Sure you didn't mean it...you just didn't think people were gonna call you an idiot for a stupid thought. I bet it even sounded smart when you were typing it too.

Sure...Pete's goal was to settle for Corp because he's so much better than Clausen. Who was USA Today's Offensive POY? The Army All American POY? The Parade POY? I'm pretty it wasn't Corp.

Michael McDonald a capable backup? You're obviously kidding. I'm sure that if Carroll had to put McDonald in a game this year that wasn't a blowout, the brown stain on the back of Pete's pants would be noticeable to all of America.
But that's the thing. He wouldn't have to because he's got good depth at the position. Mark Sanchez is a beast.

And I do find it ironic that Clausen got all those awards, yet when he went against elite competition he didn't look very good. Surprising? Probably not. But more fodder for the anti-Clausen debate.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 402
Reputation: 6189
JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
But that's the thing. He wouldn't have to because he's got good depth at the position. Mark Sanchez is a beast.

And I do find it ironic that Clausen got all those awards, yet when he went against elite competition he didn't look very good. Surprising? Probably not. But more fodder for the anti-Clausen debate.
Once again, I'll say this: Sanchez, to this point, has not panned out the way USC expected. That line I quoted isn't the first I've heard of that. I live in So. Cal, and I know a fair share of USC fans, two of which have family members on the team, and I mean scholarship players, not walk-ons. They've told me the same thing in conversations about the team. It's not really like its a secret around So Cal. People started questioning Sanchez after he didn't beat Booty out for the starting job last year.

Clausen played fine in the AA game, if that's what you're referring to.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

EDIT: delete post.

Last edited by soybean : 08-10-2007 at 01:08 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.