Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-28-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First game in 5 days folks!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu is going to establish himself as a future 1st round pick this year.

Hakeem Nicks part 2 is playing for the Scarlet Knights.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been on record since early last year that I think that Sanu and Savage are 1st rounders.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

keep an eye out for Lefeged this year. He's my guy like McCourty was last year. I think a great year for him can sky rocket him for the draft, someone I'd LOVE on the Giants, perhaps as a 4th rounder or so. Hard hitter, smart and great character guy and player, and a good return man too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Lefeged can definitely boost his stock with a good year. Just glad RU football is back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edmond Laryea could be playing on both sides of the ball.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...rivals-1117716

I went to the same HS as he did so seeing him get a chance to finally contribute is pretty awesome.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go to a basketball school so I'm kind of a basketball recruiting junkie but I'm starting to get into football recruiting and since I'm from Jersey I'm following Rutgers...but I'm having a hard time getting a feel for which players are actually interested in Rutgers and which ones have RU on their list but are major long shots. To this point I don't have a Rivals or Scout subscription (yet, I'm holding out as long as I can) and I've tried to find some blogs that focus on Rutgers football and would keep track of recruiting stuff but have failed to this point. Is there anything out there that anybody knows of?
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Here you go derza. Let me know if you like it. I've never seen a better free recruiting blog for the NJ/NY area.

http://www.zagsblog.com/

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Speaking of basketball recruiting Rutgers just got the 33rd best player in the country and 7th best power forward. Mike Rice has done an excellent job so far. Great to see maybe a basketball program being built. Would love to see some March Madness from Rutgers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Speaking of basketball recruiting Rutgers just got the 33rd best player in the country and 7th best power forward. Mike Rice has done an excellent job so far. Great to see maybe a basketball program being built. Would love to see some March Madness from Rutgers.
Rice was a terrific hire, felt that way as soon as they got him. Kadeem Jack is a talented big guy, Myles Mack was a rock solid get as a point guard, and the wing they got from the DC area is pretty good two. Plus Derrick Randall is a good big guy and it's nice to work the Jersey pipeline because there's a lot of talent in state. Seems like assistant coach Cox does a tremendous job recruiting in the DC area with the 2011 wing and 2012 big Jordan Goodman I believe and he's a big part of that staff. Lots of talent coming into Rutgers next year, and they're on a lot of good lists right now which is always nice to see. I think Rice is going to build a really nice program.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I loved the Rice hire as well since he seemed like he was so hungry to get this program going. So far the results have been excellent and a lot of the high schools at the big Jersey prep schools endoresd the hire which was important. I hear we may be in line for another big player or two to round this class out. I'm loving the quotes from Jack as well saying he wants to be the player fans remember 50 years from now as the guy who started the program going. Very exciting stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

As for the football game I was not happy with the offense. We need to get that line straightened out ASAP.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was not very impressive at all. the most impressive things on O was Sanu's catch at the end of the half, Martinek's like 2-3 powerful runs, and DeAntwan at the end of the game
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We need to get Jefferson involved in this offense. The kid's a monster and a perfect release for Savage. He's a huge mismatch against most LB's and S.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-03-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i was screaming throw to DC ALL night. ugh
Quote:
Old 09-04-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Haha I was also. He wasn't even on the field for a ton of plays though which I disliked.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-06-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic.../1164/SPORTS50

I swear, he's gonna boost his stock a lot, but very quietly, with leadership, hard work and special teams play like McCourty just did last year. He's not as high as McCourty on lists to start, but I think he can really get himself into the 4th/5th round area, in which I'd LOVE to grab him. He can return kicks and be our 4th safety that Jones was going to be for us.
Quote:
Old 09-10-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

anyone know what channel the game's on tomorrow?
Quote:
Old 09-10-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
anyone know what channel the game's on tomorrow?
SNY (10 chars)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Joe Lefeged is an absolute monster.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Too bad our offense is horrible right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I hope they get the O straightened because that game against UNC in 2 weeks will be rough if they don't.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The O-Line has been crap and the play calling has been even worse. Like you said they better get things straightened out real quick or we're going to get demolished.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Starting FB Edmond Laryea is out for the season with a knee injury and Joe Martinek has a sprained ankle and will be limited against UNC. Not good news.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ehh I don't know what to think about this team. Our offense should be average and our defense very good but our start has been terrible. Huge game against UNC Saturday.

sig by BoneKrusher