Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, eric legrand has feeling in his hands.
also also, our basketball team is like...good right now. weird
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for our basketball team next year with the Magnificent 7 coming in.

Hurricanes it's early but right now it sounds like he'll play WR. I'm still holding out hope Savage doesn't transfer and we go back to a pro style offense again next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool little video from our new recruit. The Savon he's talking about is who we really need. It's good to see a little Jersey pride from an in state recruit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love it. everything about this new page.
Rice is doing a fantastic job with the roster we have now and with the mega class coming in...man.
and good to see some jersey pride and uhm, yea. Let's go back to Savage please. scrap the wildcat bull ****, pro style offense. work on the OL. let's go
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i love it. everything about this new page.
Rice is doing a fantastic job with the roster we have now and with the mega class coming in...man.
and good to see some jersey pride and uhm, yea. Let's go back to Savage please. scrap the wildcat bull ****, pro style offense. work on the OL. let's go
I'm sorry you had to witness that game today in person. I'm glad I sold my tix.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Savon Huggins will be in the Under Armour game on ESPN this Wednesday. He's the RB who we need to get. Miles Shuler the kid in the video is playing in the Army All American game on Saturday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

sounds awesome. I'll be sure to check out Shuler at the very least.

Also, I think it's time we start talking men's hoops in here. Mike Rice is an outstanding coach. Simple as that. We stuck right with Nova for a good portion of that game yesterday, despite being at a clear disadvantage in talent. With new talent coming in, I think we could really be something. I'm excited.

Also, any chance Huggins chooses Wednesday? any word which way he's leaning?
Quote:
Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
sounds awesome. I'll be sure to check out Shuler at the very least.

Also, I think it's time we start talking men's hoops in here. Mike Rice is an outstanding coach. Simple as that. We stuck right with Nova for a good portion of that game yesterday, despite being at a clear disadvantage in talent. With new talent coming in, I think we could really be something. I'm excited.

Also, any chance Huggins chooses Wednesday? any word which way he's leaning?
I've been watching all the basketball as well. When I went to RU we were a much better basketball team than football at that point so I loved the BBall teams. We were on the bubble a couple of times and upset tons of teams at the RAC. Rice definitely has the program back on the upside. I can't wait to watch the 7 FR next year.

Huggins is deciding on the 28th I believe. I think it's down to ND and Rutgers but everything I've seen so far says he's leaning towards us. Let's hope it happens. He'd be our best recruit ever pretty much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We hired Frank Cignetti to become our new Offensive Coordinator. He's the OC from Pitt from last year and has also had that position with California and UNC. He also worked with the Saints, 49ers, and Chiefs. He runs a pro style offense(Thank You).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

so...no more wildcat 17 times a game?
pictures and words don't express my happiness.
Quote:
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's great news. The Wildcat made the offense unwatchable last year.

Anymore news on Savage possibly transferring? I know there was a rumor going around a few weeks ago. I still think he is better than Dodd.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
so...no more wildcat 17 times a game?
pictures and words don't express my happiness.
I certainly hope not. Schiano should just hand the keys to the offense over and just focus on the D this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Savage is gone. :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6002569

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yup Schiano really f*cked this one up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2011, 04:34 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Dodd started over him, right? Can't be too sad if couldn't beat out the guy in front of him.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yea, schiano ****** the situation up, but the truth is, Dodd out played him. we need to forget savage and move on with dodd and realize we have a bunch of talent and a nice new OC. savage also seemed to not be able to handle this adversity and competition well.
Quote:
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Dodd blew also. Savage got hurt early in the year and then he never even got a real chance to get his job back. Also, when they did put him back in every other play would be that Wildcat bullsh*t. How is he supposed to play if he's taken out every other play. We had the highest rated QB that was ever here who loved the program. He was instrumental in getting other players here and just loved Rutgers in general.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Also Mike Rice got his first Big East win last night. He's doing some great work with a team that's really not that talented. Biruta had a big game. We're in very good hands.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not Schanio's fault. Savage should have seen this as an opportunity. New OC and new system, and this is your chance to work hard and try to win back your job. Instead, he throws in the towel and transfers to get a fresh start. That tells me a lot about a player. Why not stay and win back your job in a new system?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Not Schanio's fault. Savage should have seen this as an opportunity. New OC and new system, and this is your chance to work hard and try to win back your job. Instead, he throws in the towel and transfers to get a fresh start. That tells me a lot about a player. Why not stay and win back your job in a new system?
After the way they treated him last year I don't blame him. They totally threw him under the bus and after he lost his job his injury he was never ever given a fair shot to win it back. Even when he did get some snaps they took him out most of the time for the WildCat. The OL sucked last year but that offense is still built to be a pro style offense and that's what Savage is built for as well. They have a ton of NFL sized WR's on the team yet they kept throwing that stupid offense onto the field. Schiano is a defensive coach yet he still meddled with the offense. Even in Savage's freshmen year the RU fans here were pleading to stop the Wildcat and let Savage develop into the QB we know he could have been. After all this Savage was not happy and I don't blame him that he wants a fresh start.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
After the way they treated him last year I don't blame him. They totally threw him under the bus and after he lost his job his injury he was never ever given a fair shot to win it back. Even when he did get some snaps they took him out most of the time for the WildCat. The OL sucked last year but that offense is still built to be a pro style offense and that's what Savage is built for as well. They have a ton of NFL sized WR's on the team yet they kept throwing that stupid offense onto the field. Schiano is a defensive coach yet he still meddled with the offense. Even in Savage's freshmen year the RU fans here were pleading to stop the Wildcat and let Savage develop into the QB we know he could have been. After all this Savage was not happy and I don't blame him that he wants a fresh start.
That's why I can't stand college football. There is no parity due to recruiting and bigger named schools getting most of the big named talent. After couple of those drafts that sent BL, Rice, Britt, and others to the NFL. This RU program is on empty. They need to rebuild and restock, and right now the offensive line needs to get better. That's a huge problem, and that's why you saw the Wild cat to deal with it.

Plus Dodd out played Savage and he has no where near the physical ability as Savage does. Savage had a shot to do some things, but then got hurt, and didn't win it back.

There is always adversity in football. Look at Rodgers sitting behind Brett F. Or Kolb behind Vick. There is a way of handling it and trying to fight back, and there is throwing the towel in. This is the best chance for Savage to try to win back his job in a new system implemented by a new OC. I don't agree with it.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

that's why I think Savage is acting like a bit of a baby. deal with the adversity, battle with Dodd, and try to win that spot back. We have a good deal of offensive talent with guys like Sanu, Harrison, Wright, Thomas, Deering, Jefferson. Stay, get back to where you were as a freshman with this new OC and get it on track. Instead, he ran. Didn't deal with the competition, just left. Oh well, we'll have to see what the scrappy kid Dodd can do
Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That's why I can't stand college football. There is no parity due to recruiting and bigger named schools getting most of the big named talent. After couple of those drafts that sent BL, Rice, Britt, and others to the NFL. This RU program is on empty. They need to rebuild and restock, and right now the offensive line needs to get better. That's a huge problem, and that's why you saw the Wild cat to deal with it.

Plus Dodd out played Savage and he has no where near the physical ability as Savage does. Savage had a shot to do some things, but then got hurt, and didn't win it back.

There is always adversity in football. Look at Rodgers sitting behind Brett F. Or Kolb behind Vick. There is a way of handling it and trying to fight back, and there is throwing the towel in. This is the best chance for Savage to try to win back his job in a new system implemented by a new OC. I don't agree with it.
The problem with Rutgers right now is Schiano can get some big players but we still don't have the depth of major football programs. Once those guuys leave to the NFL or graduate or whatever we usually don't have anyone that can step in right away and play at a semi-comparable level. Schiano is getting another good class so far this year but the depth issue is going to be a problem again at certain spots in the Fall.

I obviously didn't see Dodd and Savage at practice but Dodd was nothing special at all on the field besides the Uconn game. If you look at Savage's FR year and compare it to Dodd's FR year Savage was much more impressive.

You say the OL sucked and that's why we ran the WildKnight but that's also not true. When we still had Davis and a very good OL they started to implement that system. You have Sanu who is a major threat at WR and you put him the WildKnight and he gets hit so many times early in the year he was rendered useless. I'm glad Cignetti is here now and we can go back to a pro style offense and hopefully Schiano stays away and just focuses on the D once again. I wished Savage stayed because I still think he's a major talent but I don't blame him for leaving.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Who is Nova? Is he supposed to be a good QB prospect?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Who is Nova? Is he supposed to be a good QB prospect?
3* QB prospect from Don Bosco and 11th ranked pro style QB. He was committed to Pitt but with all the coaching changes there he re-opened his recruitment. Schiano doesn't have a good relationship with Don Bosco but one of the coached we poached from Pitt does, Jeff Hafley. Once we made that move it looked like Nova was going to come here and he has. This is going to end up as Rutgers best recruiting class ever most likely which is crazy considering the year we had.

sig by BoneKrusher