Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the potential of Savage.

not bad for a true freshman.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like the potential of Savage.

not bad for a true freshman.
He has all the tools you look for in a QB. He just needs some experience which obviously comes with time. He is going to be a big time QB in a couple years.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

blargh what a long, exhausting, exciting and disappointing game
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're really not good. We got lucky in '06. I'm usually very optimistic but something is wrong here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We rode Ray Rice's legs all the way to a respectable record in 06.

This team is still growing, you can see it with some of this young talent, but its definitely a work in progress.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big game on Thursday night against USF. Our offense looks like it is starting to gel so I don't think that will be a problem. And plus, I think we usually play pretty well on Thursday nights so it should be a good game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Big game on Thursday night against USF. Our offense looks like it is starting to gel so I don't think that will be a problem. And plus, I think we usually play pretty well on Thursday nights so it should be a good game.
Yeah we usually play well Thursday nights and especially against South Florida. I love how Savage is starting to look and Sanu and now Harrison look like great targets for the years to come. The running game is looking pretty good now as well. The defense is creating a lot of turnovers but I'm still a little leery of the unit. We don't get much push up front so we'll see how we handle Daniels.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

What a great game from both sides of the ball tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

words can't even describe my love for Rutgers
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
words can't even describe my love for Rutgers
..eh, don't go crazy now Scotty. USF is really not that great of a team and I hate to say it but they literally handed you the game. They couldn't even field a kick, much less do anything else. I'm pretty sure even a 1AA team could have beaten them with a performance like that.

I'm sorry but if it was up to me I wouldn't allow Rutgers in a bowl game. They played the most pathetic schedule I've ever seen. I mean any team could do what they did to get in a bowl game but most of them try to make a solid schedule. Every team will schedule a couple of mediocre/bad opponents but Rutgers schedule is pretty much filled with them. Plus both of their losses came from the only really good teams on that schedule (yes I am saying UConn isn't good).

That said they do have talent. Savage is solid for a true freshman and I absolutely LOVE Sanu. Kid is a beast.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You're right about the schedule and it's mostly there fault but not all of it. They wanted to sign with a big team but most people don't want to play us without screwing us out of house and home. Also, nobody expected Maryland to be this bad which would have also been a better team on the schedule. They've upped the schedule big time for the next 5-10 years because they found deals that work.

In regards to the game last night the Rutgers D came to play. They had Daniels frazzled from the first drive on. They had a perfect gameplan for him and executed it just as well. The USF D kept them in the game for almost 3 quarters before we finally put it away.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You're right about the schedule and it's mostly there fault but not all of it. They wanted to sign with a big team but most people don't want to play us without screwing us out of house and home. Also, nobody expected Maryland to be this bad which would have also been a better team on the schedule. They've upped the schedule big time for the next 5-10 years because they found deals that work.

In regards to the game last night the Rutgers D came to play. They had Daniels frazzled from the first drive on. They had a perfect gameplan for him and executed it just as well. The USF D kept them in the game for almost 3 quarters before we finally put it away.
Well I agree the Rutgers defense, particularly the pass rush, was great, but my point was USF was beating themselves in a lot of this game.

I disagree about Maryland. I think there were many people who thought they were going to be bad, or at the very least average. Perhaps not this bad though.

Also there are a lot of teams who sacrifice giving up home games in order to play good opponents, what makes Rutgers so special that they shouldn't have to do that? I mean if you guys played at Giants stadium (the new one now) it would still be excellent homefield advantage. Maybe even better than at your own stadium depending on who you play.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
..eh, don't go crazy now Scotty. USF is really not that great of a team and I hate to say it but they literally handed you the game. They couldn't even field a kick, much less do anything else. I'm pretty sure even a 1AA team could have beaten them with a performance like that.

I'm sorry but if it was up to me I wouldn't allow Rutgers in a bowl game. They played the most pathetic schedule I've ever seen. I mean any team could do what they did to get in a bowl game but most of them try to make a solid schedule. Every team will schedule a couple of mediocre/bad opponents but Rutgers schedule is pretty much filled with them. Plus both of their losses came from the only really good teams on that schedule (yes I am saying UConn isn't good).

That said they do have talent. Savage is solid for a true freshman and I absolutely LOVE Sanu. Kid is a beast.
i wasn't really talking about the game you jerk! mainly the atmosphere we had and me being there experiencing a thurday night, espn beat down of the number 23 ranked team in the nation (i know they're not that good, but still) and just me being a part of Rutgers. last night was just awesome.

and not in a bowl? pfft.
army's not horrible this year
Maryland wasn't supposed to be this bad and when we scheduled them, they were a good team
We played Pit very tough (probably should've beat them)
and Uconn isn't horrible
we finish out with wins over 'cuse, WVU and loserville, there's no way you can believe we don't deserve a bowl game.
Quote:
Old 11-13-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Well I agree the Rutgers defense, particularly the pass rush, was great, but my point was USF was beating themselves in a lot of this game.

I disagree about Maryland. I think there were many people who thought they were going to be bad, or at the very least average. Perhaps not this bad though.

Also there are a lot of teams who sacrifice giving up home games in order to play good opponents, what makes Rutgers so special that they shouldn't have to do that? I mean if you guys played at Giants stadium (the new one now) it would still be excellent homefield advantage. Maybe even better than at your own stadium depending on who you play.

When we shceduled the series with Maryland over 5 years ago they were an up and coming team with a good heach coach. It's hard to schedule teams that you know will be at least average so far in advance.

Rutgers doesn't want to have to give up any extra revenue that will help them keep moving their program in the right direction. If the right deal came up they would have took it just like they did with Penn State, UCLA, and Miami. I'd say those 3 teams will look really good in their OOC schedule the next decade. We usually do a bit better job with our OOC schedule than this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
i wasn't really talking about the game you jerk! mainly the atmosphere we had and me being there experiencing a thurday night, espn beat down of the number 23 ranked team in the nation (i know they're not that good, but still) and just me being a part of Rutgers. last night was just awesome.

and not in a bowl? pfft.
army's not horrible this year
Maryland wasn't supposed to be this bad and when we scheduled them, they were a good team
We played Pit very tough (probably should've beat them)
and Uconn isn't horrible
we finish out with wins over 'cuse, WVU and loserville, there's no way you can believe we don't deserve a bowl game.
If you can beat WVU then yes, I will say you deserve a bowl game. Otherwise, no.

And if you want to say you probably should have beaten Pitt I could easily say you should have lost to a sub par UConn team.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
If you can beat WVU then yes, I will say you deserve a bowl game. Otherwise, no.

And if you want to say you probably should have beaten Pitt I could easily say you should have lost to a sub par UConn team.
pfft we were dominating that whole game. I'm embarassed it came down to that miracle comeback.

but again, we're a young team right now struggling with consistancy and capitalizing. I think if we finish a season losing only 2-3 teams, all of whom have been ranked, we deserve at least some ****** bowl. Wasn't expecting much this season however, but I'm sooo excited for the rest of the season. Beauharnis was ALL over BJ last night, he's got great potential for us
Quote:
Old 11-13-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This freshemn class is going to be amazing. Stars all over the place and we haven't even see Ryan and Givens in the secondary yet or Holmes and Lowery on the D-Line.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its gonna be Temple Rutgers bowl, international bowl?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I've read that in some places. If we win out then I think we might get something else though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if they beat WVU then yea
Old 11-13-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
but then we'd just win another bowl in blowout fashion.

well except last year...
Quote:
Old 11-13-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

well except last year...
Have you seen Scott Wright's blog today?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:

well except last year...
stop it...we gonna have our RB run for at least 180 and like 2 tds.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Have you seen Scott Wright's blog today?
i JUST did, and I came...multiple times
Quote:
Old 11-13-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
i JUST did, and I came...multiple times
:) I figured.

sig by BoneKrusher