Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-06-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
If he were to sign this weekend do you think there'd still be any chance of him playing this year? I think the Raiders need to keep him on the bench to prove a point that no one player is too important to miss all of preseason with a contract holdout
Knowing Al Davis... Anything is possible. If he signs before Sunday and the Raiders are 2-12 entering their last two games, he will be the starter. Anything more than 4 wins guarantees he will never start, but 4 or less might allow him to.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Knowing Al Davis... Anything is possible. If he signs before Sunday and the Raiders are 2-12 entering their last two games, he will be the starter. Anything more than 4 wins guarantees he will never start, but 4 or less might allow him to.
It just seems that if theye were to let him play at all this year it'd be sending out the message to future draft picks "Hey, hold out for all you're worth. There's a spot waiting for you when you get here"
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
It just seems that if theye were to let him play at all this year it'd be sending out the message to future draft picks "Hey, hold out for all you're worth. There's a spot waiting for you when you get here"
And why would they care what message they send to future draft picks. If it is in their best interests to start Russell they should because it is more the system's fault than Oakland's that there was such a long holdout. Oakland did try to lowball Russell, but their should have never been contract talks in the first place, just give them there money based on draft order and this mess would have never happened in the first place. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll have to sign soon because hes starting to lose game checks now that the season is about to begin. He wasnt losing money during the preseason, but now that the season is starting, he's losing big money. I dont know about the reports from JR's uncle, but if I was JaMarcus I'd tell my agents to get my ass in a auniform so I could maximize my football AND financial potential for the year. The Raiders have all the leverage now. I honestly dont even care at this point, since he wont play this year anyway, I just want him to get in so the players can develop a relationship with him.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if hes not signed today or 2marrow he will probably never be signed by us

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I really am sick of this just trade his ass to Atlanta for a 1st rounder.Sign CPep for the next couple of years.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I really am sick of this just trade his ass to Atlanta for a 1st rounder.Sign CPep for the next couple of years.
I think you've already missed the trading window for unsigned draft picks. At this point, you can sign him or let him go back into the draft next year. Those are the only options left.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

the word is an agreement has been made they just have to finalize it. it should be official within a few days i'm guessing.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:03 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
the word is an agreement has been made they just have to finalize it. it should be official within a few days i'm guessing.
I hope you're right, just like some of the other stuff you told me during the offseason.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I dont like him (well he's a good guy, but i dont think he's that good) because how many times do you throw the ball 60 yards downfield. So its great that he can throw far, but most deep passes hardly require 30 yards. So really accuracy means more in the nfl than throw power. But if Russell does sit a year it will do wonders for him like it has Palmer, Campbell and others
It's not his distance, it's the velocity, which is VERY important. He also his pretty damn accurate as well, probably moreso than Quinn. He's not some guy with a rocket arm he can't control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
Yeah it's about time. Even though I hate the Raiders, I was a Russell supporter, so I still wanna be right. As long as he sucks against the Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe they said during the Raiders/Lions game that he is expected to sign a contract within the next couple of days.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

they keep on saying that though and still nothing has happened.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, so both The Rumor Monger (Schefter) and Jay Glazer are reporting that Russell is going to sign today. What do you guys think about that?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys really still call Shefter the "rumor monger"? Wasn't it because he reported that the Raiders were going to fire Art Shell after the season? Didn't they fire Art Shell after the season?

Good job on getting Russell signed though. He's going to be a beast in a year or two.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Do you guys really still call Shefter the "rumor monger"? Wasn't it because he reported that the Raiders were going to fire Art Shell after the season? Didn't they fire Art Shell after the season?

Good job on getting Russell signed though. He's going to be a beast in a year or two.
he signed? Numbers?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, I would offer a lot less money than before. It would probably be smart to sign him, but I am mad at him. I think everyone wanted to see him play.

If he did not sign for a significant amount of money, I would let him sit there and take out loans all year.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_6854458

31 million guaranteed. very happy it wasn't 35 or 36 like his agents demanded.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Hes sucessfully ruined his first year.what an idiot this is what we originally offered.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Hes sucessfully ruined his first year.what an idiot this is what we originally offered.
yea he would of been most likely the #2 already with a decent chance of seeing the field.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 years, $61 million, $32 million guaranteed

According to http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...40813162&ATT=5
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
6 years, $61 million, $32 million guaranteed

According to http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...40813162&ATT=5

espn is reporting 68 million now but hopefully glazer is right.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thank god. hopefully he can get in a few games at the end of the season

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post

Haha, most of us do it just for fun. There aren't enough good nicknames out there so when something creative (whether or not it's true) comes up, it is always nice to take it and run with it.

And yes, he was was right in his reporting that Shell would be fired. But that doesn't mean it's any less of an awesome nickname for someone.

Yes, I really did just start two sentences in a row with conjunctions.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:12 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
thank god. hopefully he can get in a few games at the end of the season
I have to agree with this. If he doesn't, this season has to be seen as a totally lost season and about $15 million free for the guy. If he's not starting, he's not going to be practicing with the first string and as a result he won't get much practice at all so he will still be a n00b (yes, I really just used the term to describe a football player) when next training camp rolls around. However, if he starts a couple games at the end of the season, not only is he getting more practice time, but he is getting invaluable live game experience that he can use as a building block for the 2008 season.

Oldie but a goodie.