Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-11-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Haha, most of us do it just for fun. There aren't enough good nicknames out there so when something creative (whether or not it's true) comes up, it is always nice to take it and run with it.

And yes, he was was right in his reporting that Shell would be fired. But that doesn't mean it's any less of an awesome nickname for someone.

Yes, I really did just start two sentences in a row with conjunctions.
Haha. That's pretty funny. It is a pretty funny nickname. Sucks for Schefter, but then again, I don't care about Schefter.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
iKNOW

raiders overpaid for a mediocre player. i dont see russell being anything special. the guy has no drive, just wants to get paid. the raiders dont need him as they got culpepper and mccown who will perform at the same level but are a lot cheaper.

personally i think they were better off letting him reenter the draft and saving all that money. big draft day mistake by drafting him.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKNOW View Post
raiders overpaid for a mediocre player. i dont see russell being anything special. the guy has no drive, just wants to get paid. the raiders dont need him as they got culpepper and mccown who will perform at the same level but are a lot cheaper.

personally i think they were better off letting him reenter the draft and saving all that money. big draft day mistake by drafting him.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, too bad they're worthless. :)
Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

some good stuff from jerry mcdonald's blog

Quote:
– Hard to imagine a more likeable, down-to-earth guy than Russell. Even the fans most angry at the time he spent away from camp would probably change their minds just listening to the guy talk for 15 minutes.

He seems well equipped to handle whatever good-natured hazing he'll get for being a wealthy rookie.

"Whatever the guys want, I'm going to give it to them," Russell said.

There weren't any particulars to be had regarding the contract issue, and at this point it's not even important. He got the $30 million or so he wanted, guaranteed, and if it seems ridiculous he didn't get it a long time ago, it doesn't matter.

Both sides are convinced they were right and will live with the deal. It doesn't make Russell's ascension to the No. 1 quarterback job any easier, but if it gives him peace of mind, so be it.

"Once I signed the contract I did drop a few tears, just to know I'm a blessed person, very blessed to be in the shoes I am today, and I worked hard for it," Russell said. "And I can't wait to go out there and work even harder."

– Kiffin's plan is to get Russell some extra work after practice with practice squad players and get him some work with the scout team. Russell said he has been speaking with quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo on an almost daily basis and knew the playbook well enough to call out plays in the Lions game while watching it on television.

– Russell, giving props to the organization which has guaranteed him $30 million, said he never wanted to go anywhere else as negotiations dragged on.

"People said that about the Michael Vick incident, 'They need a quarterback, you need to go over there.' I was like, 'Nah, I'm going to the Raiders. It's just a matter of time before I get there,' " Russell said. "I knew deep down in my heart where I got drafted to and where I wanted to play at and I just couldn't wait to get here.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great comments from Russell, can't stay mad at the kid.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta give him props for his last comment about wanting to go to Oakland. At least he's saying the right things.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

culpepper will start in the near future and once mccown is healthy again they will re-evaluate their QB situation depending on how he plays. j-roc will see time towards the end of the season maybe not by starting but by comin in later in the game. if j-roc knows the playbook as well as they say he does already than who knows??
619 is offline   Reply With Quote