Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-03-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7042832

Just alittle preview
Quote:
Michael Strahan's NFL sack record

The New York Giants defensive end was running out of time to break Mark Gastineau's 17-year-old record of 22 sacks in a season. Strahan was stuck on 21-1/2.

With just 2:42 left in the fourth quarter of Strahan's final game of the 2001 regular season, the Green Bay Packers led the Giants 34-25. Packers quarterback Brett Favre called a running play, then tried a "naked bootleg" play by rolling out to Strahan's side without a blocker.

When confronted by Strahan, Favre flopped and gave up the record sack uncontested. Since Favre had joked about Strahan's record quest before the game suggesting a side deal between the two could be arranged the achievement appeared dubious.

"I just react to what happens," Strahan said after the game. "He was booting out on the same play earlier and I missed him, as far as containing and keeping him in the pocket. This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?'"

Further diminishing Strahan's "record" is Deacon Jones' unofficial mark of 26 sacks earned before the NFL kept such statistics......
more
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is utter BS. If you ever watch the replay, Favre is just protecting himself by not taking the full extent of the hit. He has not played in so many consecutive games by taking straight on hits from defenders. And people also fail to realize that even without that sack, 21.5 sacks in one season is pretty impressive. This is probably the dumbest article ever just for that one story. I know that I'm being very homerish, but would it have been better if he intentionally ground the ball, so that Strahan didn't get the sack. Would that make people happier?

Here's a quote from Strahan after the game: "This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?"

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
That is utter BS. If you ever watch the replay, Favre is just protecting himself by not taking the full extent of the hit. He has not played in so many consecutive games by taking straight on hits from defenders. And people also fail to realize that even without that sack, 21.5 sacks in one season is pretty impressive. This is probably the dumbest article ever just for that one story. I know that I'm being very homerish, but would it have been better if he intentionally ground the ball, so that Strahan didn't get the sack. Would that make people happier?

Here's a quote from Strahan after the game: "This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?"
I disagree, Farve gave Strahan that record. I like Strahan and hate gastineau but Farve completly gave Strahan that record.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Deacon Jones' record regardless.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:06 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody who thinks that sack was legitimate isn't looking at it from an objective or accurate point of view. Somebody please show me a tape where Favre ever went down that easy at any point in his career. The two players even exchanged words before that very play. And when do you ever see teams that are leading by 9 with 2 minutes left go to the air?

And take a look at these quotes-

"That was classy of Brett to do that," veteran Giants offensive tackle Lomas Brown said, referring to what he perceived as Favre's generosity on the play.

"That was called as a running play," Franks said. "I don't know if it was a bad snap or what. I was run blocking. I didn't know it was a pass."
Old 08-04-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
I disagree, Farve gave Strahan that record. I like Strahan and hate gastineau but Farve completly gave Strahan that record.
Strahan didn't earn a sack; it was given to him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did he really mention Lance Armstrong's 7 straight as tainted because the french hate him? seriously, the guy never tested positive for anything and he's "tainted." what a douche.

Also Favre totally layed down for that and everybody was pissed afterwards, including game announcers.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
did he really mention Lance Armstrong's 7 straight as tainted because the french hate him? seriously, the guy never tested positive for anything and he's "tainted." what a douche.

Also Favre totally layed down for that and everybody was pissed afterwards, including game announcers.
Barry Bonds never tested positive...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
His gigantic cranium did.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need more Giants homers to post. Sometimes I miss GRF...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 08-04-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree about Armstrong, its really unfair to him that he's been accused of something he never did

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
But there's plenty of circumstansial evidence. He's grown more at the end of his career than the normal human grows during puberty, that's not normal and something is obviously going on to cause that to happen.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but has admitted to "accidental" use in grand jury testimony...
Old 08-04-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

personally Nykesha Sales record would be the most... i dont know.. i just wouldnt want it that way

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
personally Nykesha Sales record would be the most... i dont know.. i just wouldnt want it that way
She deserved it though, she would have beaten the record by a good amount, but she got hurt one basket short, I think it was ok.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I need more Giants homers to post. Sometimes I miss GRF...
I am here to help out.

I dont hold anything against Barry Bonds. What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it. He has never tested positive under the new drug testing system that has been brought out. Sure maybe taking steriods was not morally correct but it wasnt AGAINST THE RULES FOR MLB. I personally think that the HR he hit were PERFECTLY FINE. His records should stand. That is the point that no one is getting. It wasnt illegal at the time he took it. Hes on his way to be the HR King in my books.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I am here to help out.

I dont hold anything against Barry Bonds. What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it. He has never tested positive under the new drug testing system that has been brought out. Sure maybe taking steriods was not morally correct but it wasnt AGAINST THE RULES FOR MLB. I personally think that the HR he hit were PERFECTLY FINE. His records should stand. That is the point that no one is getting. It wasnt illegal at the time he took it. Hes on his way to be the HR King in my books.
I meant New York Giants fans... dammit.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 08-04-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
She deserved it though, she would have beaten the record by a good amount, but she got hurt one basket short, I think it was ok.
she did deserve it but i mean... i wouldnt have been able to do it i dont thin... but thats just me

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but has admitted to "accidental" use in grand jury testimony...
I still will always think that Armstrong took something... Call me a hater, I have no proof so I'm not going to rip Armstrong or say I know he cheated, it's just a gut feeling, mixed with people by him who said he cheated.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
I still will always think that Armstrong took something... Call me a hater, I have no proof so I'm not going to rip Armstrong or say I know he cheated, it's just a gut feeling, mixed with people by him who said he cheated.
by people "by him" do you mean the jealous french people who hated more than anything the fact that he was american and then slandered him by accusing him of steroids or doping? You are being a hater, what he did was amazing, the only thing that set him apart from other riders was the fact that he had 1 testicle, which could have made him more aerodynamic. Other than that, Lance did that all his own.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas' 99 Stanley Cup. Bah.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

2001 Patriots superbowl, should have been the Raiders or Steelers in the SB. IT WAS A FUMBLE!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2001 Patriots superbowl, should have been the Raiders or Steelers in the SB. IT WAS A FUMBLE!
Have to agree. That was definitely a fumble. The Tuck Rule is b.s.

I also agree with the Strahan sack record and the Bonds scandal. If I was Hank Aaron I wouldn't show up at any of his games either.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The circumstantial evidence in Armstrong's case is just as bad as Barry Bonds'. He dominated a sport that has rampant steroid use. The odds of him keeping up with all the other cheaters, inherently, is to level the playing field. Not to mention all of the witnesses who attest to his use, like his former masseuse, fellow teammates, his personal assistant who found Androstenine in his Apartment, a physician whom Armstrong allegedly confided in. There is a major cloud around Armstrong, no doubt about it. I am highly skeptical of the achievements that he, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens have had.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Dallas' 99 Stanley Cup. Bah.
LOL, I remember that goal like it was yesterday. I'm not even a hockey fan but I was caught up in the hype during that series, watched every second of it. Brett Hull is the man :).

With this and the Superbowl losses, I don't see how any person from buffalo could ever stand a somebody from Dallas :).
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote