Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-05-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
by people "by him" do you mean the jealous french people who hated more than anything the fact that he was american and then slandered him by accusing him of steroids or doping? You are being a hater, what he did was amazing, the only thing that set him apart from other riders was the fact that he had 1 testicle, which could have made him more aerodynamic. Other than that, Lance did that all his own.
Yes, and Barry Bonds never took anything, neither did Sosa or anyone in any sport who hasn't tested positive, because I am sure there are NO WAYS to cheat the system.

Sorry for having an opinion, I am willing to believe he cheated, sorry... Like I said, I'm not going to just come out and say "Armstrong cheated he didn't deserve those wins." I just say, I believe Armstrong took something, but I don't know.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yes, and Barry Bonds never took anything, neither did Sosa or anyone in any sport who hasn't tested positive, because I am sure there are NO WAYS to cheat the system.

Sorry for having an opinion, I am willing to believe he cheated, sorry... Like I said, I'm not going to just come out and say "Armstrong cheated he didn't deserve those wins." I just say, I believe Armstrong took something, but I don't know.
Sosa take something maybe not....now a corked bat, who knows how long thats been?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Sosa take something maybe not....now a corked bat, who knows how long thats been?
I meant theres no doubt he took something back then, but he never tested positive, and randomly forgot how to speak English in front of congress?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it.
Cheating is perfectly fine? Well, how come Pete Rose isn't in the hall? How come Tim Donaghy is in big trouble?
Old 08-05-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCutlery View Post
Cheating is perfectly fine? Well, how come Pete Rose isn't in the hall? How come Tim Donaghy is in big trouble?
dont forget the Hulk, if he didnt take those performence enhancers he could be the best Lineman of ALL TIME, but sadly he got caught. HULK SMASH!
Old 08-05-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. The Cowboys fan previews a tainted Giants record. Classy.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
i dont get it....
Old 08-05-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I try.

It is a NFL forum, so I previewed one that had to do with the...*shock* NFL. It had little to do with the story being about a player on a rival team, as much as you want it to be. Should I have instead previewed the Marion Jones track story or the Richard Petty thing? I would of quoted the whole article, but that is against the rules here, so tough cookies. But nice try on attempting to make me come off as bias. Classy.

Last edited by Paul : 08-05-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illinois losing to UNC in the National Championship, not really a record persay but it's tainted. ;)

I think May got away with legalized assault on Augustine in that game....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who says Favre didn't give Strahan the sack is either blind or dumb.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Illinois losing to UNC in the National Championship, not really a record persay but it's tainted. ;)

I think May got away with legalized assault on Augustine in that game....
Amen to that. That was one of the very few occasions that I've cheered for Illinois in a game.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all of Roger Clemens accomplishments should have the suspicion Bonds' accomplishments have gone under. Like Bonds, he grew to bigger proportions late in his career, saw a late career power surge and had career seasons at the age of 42-44.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am here to help out.

I dont hold anything against Barry Bonds. What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it. He has never tested positive under the new drug testing system that has been brought out. Sure maybe taking steriods was not morally correct but it wasnt AGAINST THE RULES FOR MLB. I personally think that the HR he hit were PERFECTLY FINE. His records should stand. That is the point that no one is getting. It wasnt illegal at the time he took it. Hes on his way to be the HR King in my books.

yes, it was illegal at the time he took it. It was illegal in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT WAS A LAW. So give me a break with that crap. Im sick of that argument.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
yes, it was illegal at the time he took it. It was illegal in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT WAS A LAW. So give me a break with that crap. Im sick of that argument.

Well then they should cut out the entire steroid era in baseball and nullify everything if they do it to Bonds. I can guarantee you, without a testing program, there had to be an extremely large amount of dopers. It's like when you're writing a test, you are stuck on an answer, and the teacher leaves the room to get coffee. You're going to find out that answer. What he did was wrong, but there's no reason to condemn him without condemning practically everyone from the '90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never said it was only him, and I am not accusing him. Im saying if he or anyone else used steroids, the records should be taken away because it was against the law to use steroids, and it doesnt make a difference whether it was in the MLB rule book or not.

edit i can see where it looked like im accusing him. Bad choice of words.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am here to help out.

I dont hold anything against Barry Bonds. What he did was PERFECTLY FINE when he did it. He has never tested positive under the new drug testing system that has been brought out. Sure maybe taking steriods was not morally correct but it wasnt AGAINST THE RULES FOR MLB. I personally think that the HR he hit were PERFECTLY FINE. His records should stand. That is the point that no one is getting. It wasnt illegal at the time he took it. Hes on his way to be the HR King in my books.
Steroids have been illegal in baseball since 1991...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I never said it was only him, and I am not accusing him. Im saying if he or anyone else used steroids, the records should be taken away because it was against the law to use steroids, and it doesnt make a difference whether it was in the MLB rule book or not.

edit i can see where it looked like im accusing him. Bad choice of words.
No, I'm sorry. My statement was more directed at the entire "burn Barry" movement, not you. I just quoted your's since it was the last steroid post I saw.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

what would you guys do if you caught the record breaking ball? i saw one guy say that he would put a big asterisk on the ball with a sharpie and then give the ball to barry bonds.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
what would you guys do if you caught the record breaking ball? i saw one guy say that he would put a big asterisk on the ball with a sharpie and then give the ball to barry bonds.

I would do what everyone else in their right mind would do. Sell it.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I'd keep it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

i would have to call for all the security i could as soon as i caught the ball.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Steroids have been illegal in baseball since 1991...
OK well so was corked bats and they found how many since 1991? Exactly. It was illiegal but they never did any testing for it. Thus you could take what you want, when you want and do it without any troubles.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I would sell to the highest bidder...the very last thing I would do is give the ball back to barry bonds, even if he offered me the most money

and also, I lost all respect for Favre after that play, regardless of anything he has ever done...I just couldn't believe he did that

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK well so was corked bats and they found how many since 1991? Exactly. It was illiegal but they never did any testing for it. Thus you could take what you want, when you want and do it without any troubles.
That is absurd. Just because MLB's testing policy was a joke in the 1990's, doesn't make it perfectly alright.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
That is absurd. Just because MLB's testing policy was a joke in the 1990's, doesn't make it perfectly alright.
Still the only reason people are on his d*** is because he is going to hit 756 shortly. Why isnt any calling on Neifi Perez who tested positive 3, THREE times. Geez, lay off the man. Im surprised no one is questions ARod yet. Maybe its because he isnt THAT close to 756 yet. Im gonna give it 2-3 years before people start questioning him.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote