Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-06-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Still the only reason people are on his d*** is because he is going to hit 756 shortly. Why isnt any calling on Neifi Perez who tested positive 3, THREE times. Geez, lay off the man.
You kind of answered your own question. No one cares about Perez because he sucks. Bonds is about to break the biggest record in sports.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still the only reason people are on his d*** is because he is going to hit 756 shortly. Why isnt any calling on Neifi Perez who tested positive 3, THREE times. Geez, lay off the man. Im surprised no one is questions ARod yet. Maybe its because he isnt THAT close to 756 yet. Im gonna give it 2-3 years before people start questioning him.

Because Neifi Perez has hit about 4 home runs in the major leagues. Sure, that might be 4 more than he would without steroids, but Bonds is on a much grander scale. I dont get how people can compare the two. And do you pay attention to baseball? Havent you heard all of the evidence against Barry Bonds? Dont act like theres no reason to believe he took anything. Thats just incredibly naiive.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Because Neifi Perez has hit about 4 home runs in the major leagues. Sure, that might be 4 more than he would without steroids, but Bonds is on a much grander scale. I dont get how people can compare the two. And do you pay attention to baseball? Havent you heard all of the evidence against Barry Bonds? Dont act like theres no reason to believe he took anything. Thats just incredibly naiive.
I know he took things, as he admitted it. But what I dont uderstand is that Bud Selig should be taking this hear. Ok he admitted to taking it when there was no testing. Now since being tested, he has never tested positive. At least give credit where it is due. Mcgwire admitted to taking HGH (i think or Andro) and everyones like "Oh, its ok Mark, you admitted it", well hes no different than Bonds.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know he took things, as he admitted it. But what I dont uderstand is that Bud Selig should be taking this hear. Ok he admitted to taking it when there was no testing. Now since being tested, he has never tested positive. At least give credit where it is due. Mcgwire admitted to taking HGH (i think or Andro) and everyones like "Oh, its ok Mark, you admitted it", well hes no different than Bonds.
No one's saying it's ok for McGwire. He did get into the HOF because of it.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
No one's saying it's ok for McGwire. He did get into the HOF because of it.
People were saying cut him slack since he admitted it, but still people wont do the same for Bonds. I dont care, Baseball is so tainted it doesnt even matter. I hope Bonds does it.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McGwire never admitted to HGH. When the Supreme Court asked him if he took anything, he said no comment...which is weak, and he gets a bad rap for that. That's why he won't be voted into the Hall in his first year of eligibilaty, or atleast thats what all the voters seem to be leaning to. McGwire isn't getting a pass here, don't kid yourself.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
swordman
Rookie

swordman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The circumstantial evidence in Armstrong's case is just as bad as Barry Bonds'. He dominated a sport that has rampant steroid use. The odds of him keeping up with all the other cheaters, inherently, is to level the playing field. Not to mention all of the witnesses who attest to his use, like his former masseuse, fellow teammates, his personal assistant who found Androstenine in his Apartment, a physician whom Armstrong allegedly confided in. There is a major cloud around Armstrong, no doubt about it. I am highly skeptical of the achievements that he, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens have had.
To come back on the amstrong issue...

I am french so each year it is IMPOSSIBLE not to follow the tour de france (even more since they pass in front of my house every year because i live at the bottom of a legendary mountain where they go each year).

First it is OBVIOUS that he took something guys from his team got caught saying it come from the team doctor, they found some in his hotel room, his masseuse said it was him... IT IS SO OBVIOUS...

Now you are going to say that he never got caught, well I'd like to thank the guy who said "neither did barry" because that is exactly it. You have to know that you don't have to dope every day in cycle or even during the tour you just have to arrive at a physical peak and some team just make sure artificially that athletes do. To back that argument I'd like to point this year's tour where the yellow jersey (rasmussen) got banned from his own team. Why? because he forgot to tell the international fed where he was training during the offseason so he couldn't be tested during the offseason. Further allegations was that he (like most great guys ) are doping during the offfseason to arrive pumped up at the begining of the tour.

One more point is that in part because of the armstrong affair the Tour changed its testing policy to more effective ways and when allegation concerned armstrong he claimed loud and clear that he would come back to prove the french that he was for real but he never did because of these new drug-tests (it did not helped for long because now the runners just do blood transfusion with fresh blood,eurk how crappy is that?)

Another thing is that the guy came back from cancer how can you back from cancer and win six straight times of the most physically hard competition? It does not mean much but it adds up.

My humble opinion is that Armstrong was doped. But I also think that he was one the greatest runners ever because everyone is doped in cycling. It is so obvious! The guys are averaging on fifteen days (moutain included) speed that I can barely keep up for ten minutes on my bike. I mean come on! great runners that won the Tour before and after him confessed recently. I think it is obvious to everybody.

My take on Bonds is kinda the same. First who says that Aaron was not doped himself? (I have close to no knowledge in baseball so that might really be outrageous or stupid but i hope you get my point). And what would you have done if you were him? I mean a lot a players confessed saying it was common and the league never tested...Can you wipe out everything that was done before the testing?

Well that is how I see it

Life is hard then we die

The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing
swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow what is this guy? A European sympathizer? Lance Armstrong was no doubt the most tested athlete for drugs in the world and he never tested positive. The French and Europeans just **** pineapples because they can't stand the fact that Americans keep winning their race. 2 of Lance Armstrong's top competitors while he was racing were Ivan Basso and Ulrich. Both who recently tested positive to doping.

On his Strahan record he can shut up about that too.

*** To all you Armstrong haters. The guy is a physical freak.... as in on the verge of being a machine. The French tried as hard as they could to bust him and they couldn't while they were able to bust other European riders. He naturally produces less lactic acid and therefore doesn't feel the same "pain" that some of you do after riding your bike for 10 minutes. Read this article. It explains everything. His success is nothing but being perfectly gifted for his sport and years and years of hard work and training

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/index...ticle&go2=1459

Last edited by VY10 : 08-07-2007 at 12:15 PM.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
Wow what is this guy? A European sympathizer? Lance Armstrong was no doubt the most tested athlete for drugs in the world and he never tested positive. The French and Europeans just **** pineapples because they can't stand the fact that Americans keep winning their race. 2 of Lance Armstrong's top competitors while he was racing were Ivan Basso and Ulrich. Both who recently tested positive to doping.

On his Strahan record he can shut up about that too.

*** To all you Armstrong haters. The guy is a physical freak.... as in on the verge of being a machine. The French tried as hard as they could to bust him and they couldn't while they were able to bust other European riders. He naturally produces less lactic acid and therefore doesn't feel the same "pain" that some of you do after riding your bike for 10 minutes. Read this article. It explains everything. His success is nothing but being perfectly gifted for his sport and years and years of hard work and training

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/index...ticle&go2=1459
His resting heart rate is somewhere around 35 bpm, the average is 60-70 bpm, and his is HALF THAT.

Lance Armstrong was the most tested athlete in the world. He did test positive once, but had multiple people say he was given an incorrect prescription for something regarding his cancer. This was before he was competing after his cancer. His one failed test(which everyone has accepted was completely accidental, yes even the french.) he was tested more than any other cycler in the world, probably more than any athlete in the world. So either there was a world wide conspiracy to keep Lance Armstrong's performance enhancers use quiet, or he didn't do it.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
His resting heart rate is somewhere around 35 bpm, the average is 60-70 bpm, and his is HALF THAT.

Lance Armstrong was the most tested athlete in the world. He did test positive once, but had multiple people say he was given an incorrect prescription for something regarding his cancer. This was before he was competing after his cancer. His one failed test(which everyone has accepted was completely accidental, yes even the french.) he was tested more than any other cycler in the world, probably more than any athlete in the world. So either there was a world wide conspiracy to keep Lance Armstrong's performance enhancers use quiet, or he didn't do it.
Anyone watch the episode of House where the biker gave himself an air embalyst. Turns out his doping scheme (Transfusions raising his blood count and hyperbarric chambers increasing the amount of oxygen retained in the blood)..

Sounds like it'd be hard to get busted doing that.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Anyone watch the episode of House where the biker gave himself an air embalyst. Turns out his doping scheme (Transfusions raising his blood count and hyperbarric chambers increasing the amount of oxygen retained in the blood)..

Sounds like it'd be hard to get busted doing that.
Ha.....haha....

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

So there you have it. Bonds broke the record. Good for him. I dont mind Bonds having that record at all.

For anyone who wants to say "ya well he did steroids", dont count anything Shawn Merriman did previously because he was caught doing it too. You getting my ppoint.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So there you have it. Bonds broke the record. Good for him. I dont mind Bonds having that record at all.

For anyone who wants to say "ya well he did steroids", dont count anything Shawn Merriman did previously because he was caught doing it too. You getting my ppoint.
Not a very good argument buddy, I don't think anyone who doesn't want bonds to have the record wants Merrimans stats to count before he got caught. If Merriman catches Reggie White there will be an uproar about him too.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's ******** that they put Petty on there. Like not cheating in one race (and in those days, it was an abundant thing, NASCAR was very lenient), would've stopped from holding the record. He still has a good 80 more wins then everyone else. Besides, NASCAR rarely ever takes wins away anyway.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not a very good argument buddy, I don't think anyone who doesn't want bonds to have the record wants Merrimans stats to count before he got caught. If Merriman catches Reggie White there will be an uproar about him too.
What record of Reggie White's? It Bruce Smith who has the sck record.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What record of Reggie White's? It Bruce Smith who has the sck record.
I stand corrected, I don't even remember him passing White. But that record doesn't even really matter because Deacon Jones has it.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I stand corrected, I don't even remember him passing White. But that record doesn't even really matter because Deacon Jones has it.
Ya I agree with Deacon Jones. He should have that record, but apparently they didnt feel the need to keep those stats back in the day.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I can all but gurantee that Norm Willey would have the record. The man had 17 sacks in one game!
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote