Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
yeah he was soo bad that he had them in contention for a BCS bowl game every year, damn that Kiffin.
Not sure I'd give him a very big slice of that credit pie. Without Pete Carroll's mastery of the recruiting game, SC is just another team. SC could field a top 25 team with their 2nd stringers. I think Kiffin actually underachieved when you consider the level of talent he got to work with.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head Coach - Bill Belichick
Offensive Coordinator - Al Saunders
Defensive Coordinator - Dick LeBeau
Old 08-04-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I thought bringing in Cutler was a solid move. It's got to be done at some point, and if the coaching staff thinks he's ready, then it's time to play. I think it was quite obvious that Plummer was incapable of leading the team to the promised land, and it seems Shanny thought so too. Sometimes coaches need to consider the big picture. And now the Broncos are in a much better position to make a run this year than they would have been if Cutler hadn't seen much time last year. It was a wise sacrifice/investment.

In my opinion it was a bad move, they were in the midst of a playoff run and to start a rookie QB was too risky but hey I don't get paid to make that call so be it. I agree that they should be in a better situation this year because of it but hey I was a Plummer fan.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
In my opinion it was a bad move, they were in the midst of a playoff run and to start a rookie QB was too risky but hey I don't get paid to make that call so be it. I agree that they should be in a better situation this year because of it but hey I was a Plummer fan.
Yeah, I hear that. You and Plummer like to grow beards together and see who can look the most stoned without actually being stoned....I can't fault you for backing your BFF. j/p

Btw, Jay Cutler beats both of you in the "I look blazed out of my mind but I'm really not" competition.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I hear that. You and Plummer like to grow beards together and see who can look the most stoned without actually being stoned....I can't fault you for backing your BFF. j/p

Btw, Jay Cutler beats both of you in the "I look blazed out of my mind but I'm really not" competition.
Wow where did that come from? Besides I'm only growing the goatee! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
yeah he was soo bad that he had them in contention for a BCS bowl game every year, damn that Kiffin.
Have you not heard of Norm Chow? :/

Plus Kiffin also has alot of flexibility working with an offense of 5 star players. The one full year he had as full time O coordinator was statistically worse then the previous 4 without him. Ask any Trojan fan and they'll tell you they're happier with Steve Sarkisian(SC QB coach) and John Morton (last years Saints WR coach) guiding the O instead of the ultra conservative Kiffin. I mean there is a reason the Raiders went after Sarkisian first.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Wow where did that come from? Besides I'm only growing the goatee! :D
Sometimes I crack lame jokes to keep it light and let people know I respect their opinion and I'm not trying to bash them. But I don't respect everybody's opinion around here. Yours, yes. Ricky Bobby's, no. But Plummer still licks taint and Cutler is Hayzeus reincarnate. Shanahan has seen the light.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sometimes I crack lame jokes to keep it light and let people know I respect their opinion and I'm not trying to bash them. But I don't respect everybody's opinion around here. Yours, yes. Ricky Bobby's, no. But Plummer still licks taint and Cutler is Hayzeus reincarnate. Shanahan has seen the light.
Thats where that came from. :D Hey Cutler can have a monster year for all I care, I drafted him on my fantasy team! ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-04-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Hahahaha. See? He wins, hands down. The dude is so blazed he can't even see straight.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Fox at DC, he was great there with NY and Carolina has a top D(not for long since hiring Tim Lewis hahaha)- hate to admit it, but Johnson a close 2nd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

You know you miss this face NJX:

<3
Old 08-04-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you not heard of Norm Chow? :/

Plus Kiffin also has alot of flexibility working with an offense of 5 star players. The one full year he had as full time O coordinator was statistically worse then the previous 4 without him. Ask any Trojan fan and they'll tell you they're happier with Steve Sarkisian(SC QB coach) and John Morton (last years Saints WR coach) guiding the O instead of the ultra conservative Kiffin. I mean there is a reason the Raiders went after Sarkisian first.
Becuase Al Davis loves to revisit guys who've been on staff before, and he had more experience. I am an SC fan by the way, and I'm no happier with Sarkisian calling the shots than Kiff. Another contributing factor to last year was JDB and the run game, JDB's a solid college starter and there was promise with Gable but did you expect them to put out the same numbers minus Leinart and Bush? C'mon... Also there is no replacing Norm Chow, he is undeniably better than Kiff and Sark, but Kiff catches more crap than deserved.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Becuase Al Davis loves to revisit guys who've been on staff before, and he had more experience. I am an SC fan by the way, and I'm no happier with Sarkisian calling the shots than Kiff. Another contributing factor to last year was JDB and the run game, JDB's a solid college starter and there was promise with Gable but did you expect them to put out the same numbers minus Leinart and Bush? C'mon... Also there is no replacing Norm Chow, he is undeniably better than Kiff and Sark, but Kiff catches more crap than deserved.
You have to admit the play calling of Lane Kiffin borded on high school level. How often was the quick slant attempted to just be batted at the line? Knowing this Lane still called that play atleast on every other drive and in CRITICAL SITUATIONS. If it hadn't been for those 2 tipped passes SC would of played Ohio State, not Michigan. I just couldn't stand his conservative play calling.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have to admit the play calling of Lane Kiffin borded on high school level. How often was the quick slant attempted to just be batted at the line? Knowing this Lane still called that play atleast on every other drive and in CRITICAL SITUATIONS. If it hadn't been for those 2 tipped passes SC would of played Ohio State, not Michigan. I just couldn't stand his conservative play calling.
Sark had the ability to change the play on the field if he felt it necessary and never did, so obviously everyone felt like those plays were going to pan out or someone would have made an adjustment. I think people forget that Kiffin was in the booth an Sark could have made changes, so are you expecting anything different this year?
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Sark had the ability to change the play on the field if he felt it necessary and never did, so obviously everyone felt like those plays were going to pan out or someone would have made an adjustment. I think people forget that Kiffin was in the booth an Sark could have made changes, so are you expecting anything different this year?
I expect a more wide open offense. Sark has displayed he wants this by installing the shotgun, which will work to JDB's favor.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
mildly surprised no one's mentioned shanahan. actually i'm not. one great season clearly makes sean payton the best OC in the nfl.
Hm, njx is right on time.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
mildly surprised no one's mentioned shanahan. actually i'm not. one great season clearly makes sean payton the best OC in the nfl.
lets not be mean to the sheeple.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
haha
Kiffin was bad enough as a college Offensive coordinator.

1st down: short slant.
2nd down:quick bubble pass to the ELUSIVE Dwayne Jarrett.
3rd down: play action rollout, throw to tight end.
thats pretty much USC's pass offense every year.Its annoying to watch.IF you guys had a good WR like Desean Jackson it could probably be more exiciting.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is tough

HC: Bill Belichick (as much as I hate it)
OC: Sean Payton (rising star)
DC: Dick LeBeau (great coach)
Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

DB couch has to be Mel Tucker.

Look what hes done for Leigh Bodden, Sean Jones, and Daven Holly. Bodden was undrafted and now hes easily considered a top 10 CB in the league. Jones was just a hard hitting safety that now came second in tackles of all the NFL DB's last year and actually put up 5 INTs with exstensive coaching. Holly shouldnt have even made the Browns roster, but had to because of injuries, Tucker made this kid seem like he should actually be a starter by the end of the year. Brodney Poole is next in line and Eric Wright is allready dominating in training camp.

Mel Tucker was the DB coach at Ohio State when they sent countless first round talent into the NFL.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's talking about current coaches. Parcells is retired at the moment, although I absolutely 100% agree with your assessment.

As for me

HC: Bill Bellicheck
OC: Ken Whisenhunt
DC: Eric Mangini
i was waiting for someone to put the runnerup to the Coach of the Year last season.... Mangini turned a team with little talent into a 10-6 contender...

HC: Bill belichek
OC: Sean Payton
DC: Eric Mangini
Old 08-05-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HC: Belicheck
OC: Holmgren
DC: Rob Ryan
QB: Turner
RB: Kubiak
WR: Jerry Rice
OL: Bugel
DL: Rex Ryan
LB: Bates
DB: Mangini
ST: April

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's amazing that everyone's like, Belicheck for HC.
Not that I disagree by any stretch.
So,
HC: Belicheck.
OC: Payton.
DC: Rivera
ST: Dave Toub

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head Coach - Bill Belichick
OC - Sean Payton
DC - Rex Ryan
ST - Mike Westhoff

QB - Norm Chow
HB - Kennedy Pola
OL - Russ Grimm
LB - Mike Singletary

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote