Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've updated the first post in the thread to include the Preseason Week 1 Schedule.

Loud noises.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow im surprised as to just how many pre-season games are going to be nationally televised in week 1 i was only expecting 1 or possibly 2
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You have no stars? Who are Reggie Bush, Drew Brees, Duece McAllister then?
so in your theory , all teams are full of stars , when they have a handfull of players who are legit to start on a few other teams... and reggie bush is a second year man , not yet a star.

Quote:
Hell you could even throw Allen, Grant, and Colsten in there.
who is allen ?
colston is a second year man , too. is michael clayton a star because of a good rookie year ?

Quote:
The Saints are primarily composed of a few high impact guys on offense, a solid offensive line, two tremendous defensive ends, and a bunch of jobbers on defense.
and again , that doesnt make a team "full of stars"
most of them nowbody knew , until last season

Quote:
I mean, you signed a guy to be your starting safety that couldn't cut it for the Bengals. The ******* Bengals.
so that is the indication for having a bad back 7 ?
he is fighting for a starter job with (2nd) round disappointement josh bullocks , when everything went right , kaesviharn he is our backup.

Quote:
And the fact that you don't know what the back 7 is pretty much sums up everything else.
ok , so someone who hasnt english at his first language isnt allowed to ask for a understanding of a sentence ?

yeah that sums it up , you are the only one here with sense of football and iam a bum with no idea.... very objective

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Saints will make the playoffs again, and I'm pretty sure that you'll face a team that can run the ball and stop the run and get sent straight home. But we shall see. All I'm saying is that I called it heading into the playoffs last year and I'll call it again.
ok , but when they are reaching the P/Os again , i would be glad....

p.s. : now , that someone of the helpful people told me what a back 7 is ....
i can say youre right to a certain extent.

but you havent told me about the bad players , yet . or do you have to look on the nfl.com stats section to , name the starter and their bad perfomance ?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think they made a mistake by taking Robert Meachem, an offensive player, over the several prized defensive prospects that were available. Chris Houston could have come in right away and play because he has experience against top talent, whereas Usama Young probably won't be able to. Paul Posluszny, likewise, could have been an immediate starter at Linebacker. I understand B.P.A to a degree, but not when your team was already unbalanced in favor of one side of the team.
but the saints hasnt picked a LB in round 1 for a long time now. they have other priorities .... and not picking houston ( in combination with not picking posz ) made me glad on game day , iam not solved on him , and it has nothing to do with the carroll thing. he isnt a good player for our system ... and shutting down good college WR by (mostly) pure athleticism doesnt mean you are a shut down corner in the NFL ... and most of the teams picking right after the saints , seems to confirm with that.

´the signing of jason david is much more of an immediate impact , than picking houston , plus david is just 24
Old 08-07-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to the Steelers Packers game. Can't wait to see Tomlin and his guys live.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Saints are one (major) offensive injury away from being a 6-10 ball club. That defense is simply not up to snuff.
And of course Jammal Brown would have a major knee injury shortly thereafter....
Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
And of course Jammal Brown would have a major knee injury shortly thereafter....
and that would be a story if it happened..oh wait. it did!
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Saints are one (major) offensive injury away from being a 6-10 ball club. That defense is simply not up to snuff.
Thanks for jinxing us, you douchebag.

(It's all love, Shiver. Well, kinda.)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys got lucky.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for the Bengals-Lions game Thursday night. I really want to see Ahmad Brooks, Eric Henderson, Marvin White, Stacy Andrews and Ed Hartwell play.

Brooks is going to be calling in all the plays and setting up the defense pre-snap, I'm curious to see how well he handles it.

I'm hoping Leon Hall gets some action vs. one of the Lions top 3 WR's.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I can't wait for the Bengals-Lions game Thursday night. I really want to see Ahmad Brooks, Eric Henderson, Marvin White, Stacy Andrews and Ed Hartwell play.

Brooks is going to be calling in all the plays and setting up the defense pre-snap, I'm curious to see how well he handles it.

I'm hoping Leon Hall gets some action vs. one of the Lions top 3 WR's.
No you don't.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. Good one, Shiv.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The most exciting thing about Hartwell, is when he's capable of walking off the field under his own power...and you won't get to see that very often =/
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh believe me I don't expect much from him even if he does stay healthy. Some people got excited about the signing but I don't think it'll pay off at all. He's second on the depth chart at WLB.

Still, I want to see him play since really no one has had the chance in the last few years to see him actually play lol
Old 08-08-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I don't see how he can play WLB. He is a 250-lbs linebacker who doesn't play well in space. He was successful as the run thumper in Baltimore's 3-4 next to Ray Lewis, other than that... Even when he was healthy in Atlanta he didn't make any impact. Does the WLB have an atypical role in Cincinnati that I wouldn't know about?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

No, I'm the same as you. Not sure why they moved him to WLB. Ahmad would be better suited for it than he is. I figured he was signed initially to either backup Ahmad or so that Ahmad could be moved outside but that's clearly not the case.

If anything at least he provides experience at LB that our team completely lacks but even if he's healthy I expect his impact to be minimal.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Brooks been doing in camp? I know he's matured a lot, I'd love to see him return to his sophomore form.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I heard raving reviews about Ahmad Brooks. If the Bengals want to win the division, maybe even the Super Bowl, they need him to be a force.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
How has Brooks been doing in camp? I know he's matured a lot, I'd love to see him return to his sophomore form.
He's relaying in all the calls and setting up the defense at the line. He's back in football shape as well so they say he's gained some more speed. Thus far things are looking great, he's making some mistakes still but everyone on the defense is hinting that he'll be the difference maker and that seems the case.

His attitude has taken a complete 180, last year he didn't put much effort into ST and this year while he knew he was the starting MLB he was doing a great job on kickoff coverage.

Last year he could blitz and run down players but in coverage he just got lost. This year I think he'll be the leader of the D (as he has said he wants) and feel more comfortable in coverage. I think easily his biggest area to work on is getting off blocks, last year he struggled like every young LB in getting off blocks.

I say with a ton of confidence that if Ahmad plays 14+ games he'll lead the team in tackles. What I saw in the Tampa/Carolina games last year was just amazing. He was already good then in run support and blitzing, now he can set up the defense and cover the pass as well. Plus in camp he sets up the defense against Carson and usually Carson checks off and it's good for Ahmad to setup the defense off of that. I can't wait to see him play this year. He'll be #55 this year.

And Shiver, I forgot to mention in my other post that Hartwell is down to 230 something... The coaching staff asked that he drop 12 pounds before camp which he did, not that this will help much but he is lighter. He has had some INT's and FF's in camp, but of course it's just camp.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 08-08-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Also to any of you that'll be watching the Lions/Bengals game tomorrow night Eric Henderson (former DE Georgia Tech) will be making his debut at SLB. Shaun Smith (former DT, signed with Browns this offseason) said he was the next Adalius Thomas when he was talking about his old teammates and many other defensive players have raved about him in camp. Obviously he's very raw at this point and hopefully won't see much PT but he's been ok in coverage in camp and will be able to blitz from SLB or DE in passing situations. Should be a nice weapon if he pans out but he's got a long way to go.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked Henderson coming out, should be interesting to see him at LB.

Good to here about Brooks, definitely gonna be focusing on him when I watch the Bengals. Hopefully I get a few preseason games down here.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Alright, its gameday!!!!!

Its going to be nice to see my Indy Colts today in Dallas, first game off the Super Bowl, it should be a good atmosphere tonight in Big D.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so ready for the game. A couple more hours
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see how Ugoh(or whoever replaces Glenn) plays tonight knowing how good of a coach Mudd is we could be in for a surprise.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so upset I can't watch the Lions game live. I couldn't imagine having a regular season game blacked out.