Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Booger McFarland out for the season

Adam Schefter just reported prior to the NFLN Pre-season HOF game that Booger McFarland has a torn ACL and he's likely out for the season.

They just Corey Simon and from what I heard Quinn Pitcock failed his physical.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i just heard that from watching the pre-game as well. Thats not good for the colts.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Yeah i just heard that from watching the pre-game as well. Thats not good for the colts.
Not at all..

The money they lost from Simon.. and they basically lost what.. their 2nd and 4th(Can't remember if Pitcock is 3rd or 4th) round picks... and they have no DT's again.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Where did you hear that Pitcock failed his physical? All the recent news that I've heard says he actually passed.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

i forget where I've heard it.. I believe on SCI From a colts fan.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are super thin at DT.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not good at all for the Colts. There goes there run defense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Not good at all for the Colts. There goes there run defense.
What Run defense?
Old 08-05-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh dear, that may be a problem for us
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horrible news.

Looks like the gameplan is the same from last year: try to run the daylights out of the ball (and play-action pass successfully) against the Colts and Peyton Manning has to carry the team into the playoffs.

PS. Oh YFS, the Jags were going to run the ball against the Colts anyways. They have either the best or second-best run-blocking OL in the league, although the Jags will have either their back-up or a rusty Meester at center for the MNF game.

Last edited by Geo : 08-06-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
What Run defense?
They showed a semblance of one in the playoffs last year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just more proof that God is a Jaguars fan.

(p.s.: My condolences to Mr. McFarland and his family for his injury and for the salary he may lose as a result. I wish injury on no player)
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe we can trade Corey Williams for there first round pick :)
Old 08-05-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Horrible news.

Looks like the gameplan is the same from last year: try to run the daylights out of the ball (and play-action pass) against the Colts and Peyton Manning has to carry the team into the playoffs.

PS. Oh YFS, the Jags were going to run the ball against the Colts anyways. They have either the best or second-best run-blocking OL in the league, although the Jags will have either their back-up or a rusty Meester at center for the MNF game.
This is true. I'm not too worried about Norman, though, when it comes to run blocking. When Meester tore his bicep (coulda been his bicep) in 2005, Norman came in and easily outperformed him. He's much more powerful than Meester, is a much better athlete, and does better driving defenders off the ball.

The thing that I'm worried about is how well the chemistry will be between him, Manuwai, and Naeole. Meester's chemistry with the two guards was a huge reason for the offensive line having such a good year last year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should Tank Johnson expect a phone call?
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Colts' defense was just awful coming into this year, and had already lost a number of starters from what was already a very poor unit.

I saw them as a 10-6 team a few weeks ago....and that was before they lost Tarik Glenn and Booger McFarland.

At this point, 7-9 wouldn't surprise me.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
The Colts' defense was just awful coming into this year, and had already lost a number of starters from what was already a very poor unit.

I saw them as a 10-6 team a few weeks ago....and that was before they lost Tarik Glenn and Booger McFarland.

I highly doubt so long as Manning is there, they will be a losing team. They've won without a defense before and they will again.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Should Tank Johnson expect a phone call?
I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts branch out to him. They definitely need some help at defensive tackle.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

If someone gets the facts straight on Pitcock please let me know
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how long is he suspended for?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post

Haha, righto mate. as long as peyton manning is under center this is not a losing team in my opinion. Howard Mudd is arguably the best offensive line coach in the business and Ugoh (or whoever else plays LT) will be ready by the start of the season. Booger is a massive loss and essentially isnt going to be replaced by anyone of his quality, but in saying that its hard to imagine the run D will be worse then it was in the regular season of last year (and we still finished 12-4). and also,the tank johnson idea - dont hold your breath for it, indy is all about high character guys and although i personally would like to see tank in blue and white i just dont see it happening
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
how long is he suspended for?
8 games I thnk
Old 08-05-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
I highly doubt so long as Manning is there, they will be a losing team. They've won without a defense before and they will again.
True.

OTOH, over the last half of the 2006 season, the Colts scored almost 26 points per game....and yet they went 4-4 over that period, and were swept by their division rivals, primarily due to a porous defense.

Since then, they've lost almost half of their defensive starters, including both corners, their best LB, and their best run-stopping DT. Their once-great defensive depth is in shambles.

There's no question that Manning is one of the greatest QB's in history...but if their defense can't get opponents off the field, then Peyton is neutralized.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote