Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
VPF
Rookie

VPF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
maybe we can trade Corey Williams for there first round pick :)
i believe they already traded heir 1st next year to trade up and get ugoh. lol between this and tarik glenn retiring, i might be worried if i were a colts fan
VPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
True.

OTOH, over the last half of the 2006 season, the Colts scored almost 26 points per game....and yet they went 4-4 over that period, and were swept by their division rivals, primarily due to a porous defense.

Since then, they've lost almost half of their defensive starters, including both corners, their best LB, and their best run-stopping DT. Their once-great defensive depth is in shambles.

There's no question that Manning is one of the greatest QB's in history...but if their defense can't get opponents off the field, then Peyton is neutralized.
I remember the last few years that the Colts go like 13-0 and then they get to rest the starters.. I think this year they're goign to have to fight to the end.. Not that I think they'll be challenged divisionally.. but overall.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Since then, they've lost almost half of their defensive starters, including both corners, their best LB, and their best run-stopping DT. Their once-great defensive depth is in shambles.
I just spit out my water laughing at that.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True.

OTOH, over the last half of the 2006 season, the Colts scored almost 26 points per game....and yet they went 4-4 over that period, and were swept by their division rivals, primarily due to a porous defense.

There's no question that Manning is one of the greatest QB's in history...but if their defense can't get opponents off the field, then Peyton is neutralized.
im happier with the lb and cb situation this year over last year, that is if everyone can stay healthy. cato june is one of the worst tackling lb's in the league and i think freddie keiaho will be a major upgrade at wslb this year and will help to sure up the run D bigtime with his intensity and surer tackling.

marlin jackson, kelvin hayden, dante hughes and tim jennings all have more upside then our previous starters at cb and although inexperienced should be alright considering they run in a defensive system that doesnt ask alot of corners.

combine this with a healthy bob sanders all year (heres hoping) and i think we should be alright. although im saying all this i still think the loss of booger is major and going to be very hard to overcome
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I just spit out my water laughing at that.
exactly, sure he can cover. but wow, that tackling, just wow
Old 08-05-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1- Over the last 8 games of the season, the Colts averaged 24.375 pts per game.

2- The Colts run defense was abysmal all regular season long, let's not kid ourselves. Easily one of the worst in league history.

(An interesting stat, brought to my attention courtesy of Pro Football Prospectus 2007: the 2006 Colts went 11-1 with Dallas Clark in the lineup, and 1-3 without him. Clark came back to the playoffs and they went 4-0, but of course the defense improved its play tremendously in that frame.)

3- Starters from last season who won't start this year: DT Anthony McFarland (given this weekend), LB Cato June, CB Nick Harper, and CB Jason David. The Colts already prepared themselves for the latter three.

4- About Peyton being neutralized because the defense can't get off the field: how was that not the case in 2006?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I remember the last few years that the Colts go like 13-0 and then they get to rest the starters.. I think this year they're goign to have to fight to the end.. Not that I think they'll be challenged divisionally.. but overall.
Er, they played the entire season last year. Manning took every single snap, in fact.

Last edited by Geo : 08-06-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was before he signed...

Colts | Pitcock fails physical

Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:03:22 -0700
The NFL Network reports Indianapolis Colts DL Quinn Pitcock, a third-round draft pick out of Ohio State, has failed his physical.

http://www.kffl.com/team/19/nfl
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This hurts, but not nearly as much as the loss of Tarik Glenn. Unless Tony Ugoh surprises me.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
This hurts, but not nearly as much as the loss of Tarik Glenn. Unless Tony Ugoh surprises me.
i think the losses are almost comparable, booger was the best dt tony dungy has had to work with since coming to indy and reports are ugoh has been doing alright in camp (except being burned by freeney a few times, fully understandable but).
the loss of booger on the other hand means that the starters look to be pitcock at NT (not exactly a natural postion for him) and brock at UT. that does not sound good to me.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the Colts are still the obvious AFC South picks but right now I'm not liking their chances for doing much in the playoffs.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What I'm saying is this:

Most NFL games are decided by 7 points or less. As such, many games are come down to the final two minutes, and are ultimately decided by a single possession.

When that happens, and the game rides on the Colts' ability to keep an opponent out of the endzone.....I just don't see it happening.

If they can jump out to quick leads and force opponents to throw the ball, they'll probably be okay. But when they let opponents hang around into the 4th quarter, they could be in serious trouble.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I think that the Colts are in good shape when it comes to SOME of the losses.

1)-Marlin Jackson can be as much as Nick Harper was and more. Jackson is younger and showed signs of being good when he did play at CB in 2006. I really like Marlin this year and have heard good things for Jackson as of now.

2)-Kelvin Hayden should be an immediate upgrade over Jason David. David hasn't been special and he's only an adequate starter. I'd say he could be just as good as David has really ever been.

3)-Freddie Keiaho is already an upgrade in terms of tackling and high-energy play over Cato June. Keiaho may not be the same as June in coverage BUT at least there will not be as many missed tackles this year.

The loss still hurts but Booger was still on the field during most of the season in which the run-D collapsed.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Fitzgerald11
Rookie

Fitzgerald11 needs more cowbell.

What rounds do the Colts pick in next year? If they have enough picks, they need to trade up and pick Glenn Dorsey.
Fitzgerald11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Fitzgerald11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
What happened to Tarik Glenn?

And at this rate, it wouldn't surprise me if Peyton Manning got hurt.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At this point, 7-9 wouldn't surprise me.
Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzgerald11 View Post

He retired and thanks for that last part. Really is a good thing to say. But remember, WE HAVE SORGI.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
Yeah no kidding. Peyton has never had a good defense. I'm thinking 10-6, maybe 9-7 but I doubt it.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Fitzgerald11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
He retired and thanks for that last part. Really is a good thing to say. But remember, WE HAVE SORGI.
Why would Tarik Glenn. I have a new nickname for him, Willie Roaf. But, at least the Colts drafted a left tackle.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Why would Tarik Glenn. I have a new nickname for him, Willie Roaf. But, at least the Colts drafted a left tackle.
worst nickname, its just another guy's name
Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He retired.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Coming off a 13-3 finish in 2003, the KC Chiefs had the NFL's #1 offense in 2004....4600 yards passing, 2300 yards rushing, and averaging 30 points per game.

Absolutely amazing...almost 7000 yards of offense.

The Chiefs' record for that year? 7-9

Don't think it can't happen again.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, but Trent Green is no Peyton Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What rounds do the Colts pick in next year? If they have enough picks, they need to trade up and pick Glenn Dorsey.
Seeing as how the colts don't have a first round pick in 08 they won't be able to land Glenn Dorsey unless he has an incrediably bad year and his stock goes down the drain
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
True, but Trent Green is no Peyton Manning.
And Joseph Addai is no Priest Holmes, Dallas Clark is no Tony Gonzalez, and the Colts offensive line does not compare at all to the one the Chiefs had back then.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
And Joseph Addai is no Priest Holmes, Dallas Clark is no Tony Gonzalez, and the Colts offensive line does not compare at all to the one the Chiefs had back then.
id take the current colts offense over that offense any day