Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who Wins: Jets v. Patriots

Discuss this playoff matchup . . .
Old 01-01-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Keaks Way 2 Sneaky

Jets.

Found [somewhat] of a offensive identity at runningback. I think this games outcome will depend on Leon Washingtons performance.

Why the hell am I even giving actual input in threads... im banned when scott wakes up..
Old 01-01-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pats.

Last game against us the Jets did well running the football and were able to control the clock by running the football. We also didn't have our best DE this year in Ty Warren. Warren is back, and this defense at hime will force Pennington to throw picks.

Pats 24
Jets 14
Old 01-01-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after getting embarrassed by his former assistant, bill belicheck(sp?) will pull out some of his ole tricks

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll take the Jets. The Pats struggle in Foxboro lately, and the Jets have outscored the Pats 34-14 in the past six quarters, before the Jets 24-0 defensive meltdown in the first half of the first game. Since then we have dominated.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't force myself to pick against Brady in the playoffs.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats, and this aint even gonna be close
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

The Jets got lucky on getting to play alot of bad teams. That's the only reason why they are in the playoffs and they will be extremely lucky to win this one.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots but it will be a close game.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to say the Jets, but I think the Pats will win. Playoff experience will pay off in this one. The Pats know how to win in the playoffs.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As much as I would love to see Chad Pennington upset Brady and the Pats, I just don't see it happening.

Pats 17 Jets 7
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't help but seeing a real upset here, the Jets will come out on top with Mangini embarrasing his former mentor. Close game though, Jets defense will really step up. 17-13.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to be a close one 'till the fourth quarter. It is going to be like 10-10 or 13-13 entering the fourth quarter and Brady will find a way to win it. 23-13 Pats is my prediction.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots 14
Jets 12
Old 01-01-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Keys to Patriots winning

-Run the ball. Running is huge in the playoffs..control the time and tear this soft run D apart when we get the chance

-Prevent big plays. We cant let stupid plays like MJD's 70 yard run where he got knocked down but got him or when Cotchery landed on the DB in first meeting but wasnt ruled down. We need to be aware and play the whistle.

-Playaction/screen. Jets will blitz..they want to blitz because if they dont...Brady will pick them apart. Keep them off balance with playaction to freeze them and set the screen to catch them off guard

-HOLD ON TO THE BALL . No fumbles or INTs. Catch the ball and dont tip it where you wont get it. Hang onto ball with full security because in the playoffs..you cant get away with losing the ball as much as u can in regular season. Crucial to hang onto the bal

-Penalties..we've been getting a lot of penalties this year..play smart and dont give them an easy way out with stupid penalties like offside(OL...) roughing passer(Seymour..) or PI(Mr. Hobbs)

Matchups to watch
* Ferguson verse Seymour - Seymour is a top 5 DL in the league..show the rookie whos boss. Play the whistle and knock him around..mess with him phyiscally and mentally.

* Wilfork verse Mangold - another rookie verse a vet..gotta push him around and make ihm nervous. Show him why your a great young NT..back from injury..should be rested.

* Coles/Cotchery verse Pats secondary - no big plays..cant let it happen. we need to tackle and not allow YAC. Samuel should be fine but Coles is very fast and could give him trouble with double moves since Samuel bites a lot(even though teams dont do double moves much on him). Hobbsn eeds to step it up big..hes got the attitude and is physically gifted enough but he needs to be smarter with techniqueand recognition. Sanders needs to step up once again if Rodney cant go. Need to communicate back there

* Maroney/Dillon/Faulk verse Jets Front 7/8: There run D isnt that good..we need to take it to them all game and hang onto ball. Faulk has created a big mismatch verse Jets this year with speed/quickness/smarts matching up with the LBs. We need the OL to push

*Rhodes verse Offense: Cant let Kerry Rhodes roam the box and be the leading tackler playing in the box. we need to shut him down..get a body on him and make sure he doesnt blitz and get to Brady. Hes their biggest playmaker. Watson needs to beat this kid and lower his confidence.

*McDaniels..verse McDaniels - ay..mr OC. you need to call a great game here..no pretty stuff. Just get out there..run the game plan and run the proper plays when needed.

Patriots win 24-10 IMO
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
The Jets got lucky on getting to play alot of bad teams. That's the only reason why they are in the playoffs and they will be extremely lucky to win this one.
Outside of the head to head matchups the only differences in schedule were the Jets playing the Browns and Raiders as opposed to the Pats playing the Broncos and Bengals I believe. The two teams went 1-1 in head to head matchups and against opponents that didn't play both teams the Jets went 1-1 (beat the Raiders, lost to the Browns) as did the Patriots (beat the Bengals, lost to the Broncos). Granted those 2 games were against more difficult teams, but if you take the other 12 games on the schedule the Jets went 8-4 and the Pats went 10-2 against the same 12 teams. The schedules aren't that much different between the two teams, so if you make the SOS argument against the Jets you have to make it against the Pats as well (especially since the Pats are the better team and played the Jets twice as opposed to the Jets playing the Pats twice).

That said, the Pats will win this game. I'm tempted to choose the Jets especially since they've been playing so well, but after losing to New York in their house earlier in the year (and considering it's the playoffs) I think BB, Brady and crew are going to bring it on Sunday and win the game.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Outside of the head to head matchups the only differences in schedule were the Jets playing the Browns and Raiders as opposed to the Pats playing the Broncos and Bengals I believe. The two teams went 1-1 in head to head matchups and against opponents that didn't play both teams the Jets went 1-1 (beat the Raiders, lost to the Browns) as did the Patriots (beat the Bengals, lost to the Broncos). Granted those 2 games were against more difficult teams, but if you take the other 12 games on the schedule the Jets went 8-4 and the Pats went 10-2 against the same 12 teams. The schedules aren't that much different between the two teams, so if you make the SOS argument against the Jets you have to make it against the Pats as well (especially since the Pats are the better team and played the Jets twice as opposed to the Jets playing the Pats twice).

That said, the Pats will win this game. I'm tempted to choose the Jets especially since they've been playing so well, but after losing to New York in their house earlier in the year (and considering it's the playoffs) I think BB, Brady and crew are going to bring it on Sunday and win the game.
Don't mind him, he's just a bitter dolphin fan

I too think the Pats win, they are just too good in the playoffs and belichick won't lose to mangini twice in the same year

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patriots have an 8 game home winning streak in the playoffs and they will beat the Jets at home again.

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets 21
Pats 20

Pennington to Baker with 1:31 remaining, Bryan Thomas bats down a Brady pass on 4th and 7.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God. I hope the Jets win. I'm so sick of this, "don't count out the patriots" crap.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots by 20

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Patriots by quite a bit.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

does it really matter.....the winner has to play the chargers.....

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I'm not sure, but I believe the Pats had an easier scheduel.
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24
does it really matter.....the winner has to play the chargers.....
Any team can be any other team on any given day in the NFL, which is one of the reasons I love the NFL playoffs.
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote