Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-10-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

hasane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
I agree he doesnt but I think we can replace him in FA with someone. Just not sure whom yet. I need to look it all over more. I just gotta wonder if we keep the 3-4 or switch to the 4-3
If they keep the 3-4 i would love the dolphins to get Adalius Thomas, but he's also 30 and probably wants a long term contract and lots of money. Personally i would rather get Asante Samuel over Thomas.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont think we have enough cash to get Adalius and samuels. But Adalius would be a perfect fit.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
My favorite possible offseason/draft would be the following:

Sign Samuels CB NE in the offseason away

(saw this recently in the mock area I like the idea)
Trade back to the 15th pick with Pitt and pick up a 2nd and 5th rounder.

1st Ginn Jr WR - We will most likely lose Welker to FA, Booker could be a cap loss. Ginn gives us a speedburner which we havent had for a while and a return man as well. Brohm if he is there also.

2nd Jared Gaither - LT - Monsterously huge left tackle, just like houck likes them. He gave up 2 sacks in 2 years there in college. He is a big beast and would be perfect for ronnie to run behind. Mac is a FA, James a cap loss. Toledo seems a good canidate for LG and Shelton has fit in well at RG and Carey is a good RT. Gaither will sure up the line which is key for the future of the fins.

2nd Josh Beekman - OG - Powerful guard that could make an instant impact for the team joining us to fill up the other guard position, it allows us to dump James (4+ million next year) and not depend on toledo getting healthy.

3rd Brandon Merriweather - S - Gives us another great secondary player. Dropped for problems on and off the field with the fight and all but he is a top flight safety and would be a late 1st otherwise perhaps early 2nd.

This draft would give us a WR Core with Chambers and Ginn Jr, Hagan and Vick and others. A nice young core of WRs and save money from booker being gone (traded for a 5th or cut, save 4 million for FA).

New Oline

RT Carey
RG Shelton
C Rex
LG Beekman
LT Gaither

Keep Macintosh for a backup, Toldeo as well in there as well.

Secondary

CB W Allen
CB A Samuels
S Y Bell
S B Merriweather

J Allen as well fits in wherever we can get him playing time. Daniels as a nickel/dime.

thoughts? Saves us a large amount of money and also gets us a young good oline and defensive secondary.
why would pitt wanna move up? i dont think they're targeting anybody since they're still the same team from last year

..and giving a 2nd round pick just to move up 6 spot? no way its gonna happen

3rd round maybe but not 2nd
Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Instead of Merriweather, I would prefer a CB

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres no way Pittsburgh trades up that high, because there's no one we really need or want that high. We need more guys in lower rounds to get some youth on our team, not just one possible star.

On another note, I'm making a mock, and I was wondering what you thought of picking up Darelle Revis of Pitt.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi
Theres no way Pittsburgh trades up that high, because there's no one we really need or want that high. We need more guys in lower rounds to get some youth on our team, not just one possible star.

On another note, I'm making a mock, and I was wondering what you thought of picking up Darelle Revis of Pitt.
I like dwayne jarrett

but wait for their comments before making one..
Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft Ginn I will cry. I don't even care if we trade back.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Dwayne Jarrett was rumored to be liked by them by a pitt fan on here and elsewhere. The only way he would be there for them if theyjumped up into the top 10 and that is about equal upon the trade scale to worth (little in their favor actually). Jarrett and Holmes togetherwould be a good future core with Hines Ward still too. that is some nice targets. Else they could take branch for a bit of DE play in the 3-4 system.

And I would rather pick nobody then pick a player with the stench of the wannstache upon him and Revis has that stench all over him. I dont like him specially at number 9.

As for merriweather in the 3rd he is a high talent guy that could slide into the safety role where it seems (according to the dolphines before the end of the year) that allen projects more of a CB then a Safety. If that is so and he seems not to get it as a safety then this might bea good fix. Himand Bell would be a nice pair of safeties along wth Hill.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Carroll does become our coach I guarantee Jarrett will be in Miami.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I would absolutely love to have Jarrett here.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Quote:
I would absolutely love to have Jarrett here.
me too but not carroll

enough with the college coaches already ..
Old 01-10-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

in his defense he was a pro coach first technically. But then again I do consider the jets a college team.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im right there with u DG on the ted ginn thing. i would cry tears of misery...

next, i love the idea of drafting jarrett but i dont want carroll.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Phins28
Rookie

Phins28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've got this feeling that Pete Carroll will be our head coach. Wayne is looking for the big name.

Thanks to jkpigskin for the sweet sig!
Phins28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phins28
I've got this feeling that Pete Carroll will be our head coach. Wayne is looking for the big name.
I got the same feeling. Pete might said that he like to stay at USC, but I think he'll change his mind if he does get the job offer. He said that he would consider going back to the NFL if he can have control, and that is exactly what Wayne is doing.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
If that happens will you post a picture of you crying for all to see? I think it's only fair.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
If that happens will you post a picture of you crying for all to see? I think it's only fair.
Ted Ginn sucks. I hope he stays in school, drarfting Jarrett wouldn't be that bad.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Phins28
Rookie

Phins28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Why you don't like him, he has a lot of speed and that is what we need, a homerun hitter, a guy who stretches the field.

Thanks to jkpigskin for the sweet sig!
Phins28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
fotbll36
Veteran

fotbll36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We already have that in Chambers, we don't need 2 of them. If we drafted a WR i'd much rather it be Jarrett, a guy who will go across the middle and make the catch...Thats more what we need.
fotbll36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
reese

id rather have jarrett too....he is more complete...ginn has raw speed but isnt very developed as a reciever
Old 01-11-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

new kicker

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/...igns_dolphins/

:shock:
Old 01-11-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are we losing a home game to play in great Britain?

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just wish we could get Calvin Johnson. I think we would set the AFC East ablaze with him... :shock:

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler
I just wish we could get Calvin Johnson. I think we would set the AFC East ablaze with him... :shock:
trade up to number 3-4 and we could but Idont see it happens
Old 01-11-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007
Are we losing a home game to play in great Britain?
it appears that we are...wow that really screws over phins fans that live in Miami or have season tickets...living up here in the north, im hoping that it is still gonna be televised correctly so i can at least see it. in addition, its apparently either the bills game or the giants game. that would REALLY suck to have a home division game not at home.

on the bright side, every team is gonna have to do it and at least we are the first to get it over with.

http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/817615/detail.html

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote