Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

hasane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Jarrett had 2 catches when Hall was near him, one was a 8/9 yard slant, the other was when Jarrett was being doubled by Hall and the safety and Hall had underneath and Barringer had over the top. Barringer got burnt, Hall had to makes up for his mistake, and missed the tackle. Hall and a very good game against USC.
alright just wondering
Old 01-13-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Should we trade for Jerry Porter?

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind it, if it was like our 6th rounder.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

It's really sickening how everyone thinks we should draft Brohm, I didn't know a QB could fix offensive line troubles.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler
It's really sickening how everyone thinks we should draft Brohm, I didn't know a QB could fix offensive line troubles.
I want us to draft Brohm if he enters. I don't want to go into the season having to rely on Daunte's knee holding up.

Plus at 9, what O-Lineman would be worth taking?
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13
Quote:
I want us to draft Brohm if he enters. I don't want to go into the season having to rely on Daunte's knee holding up.

Plus at 9, what O-Lineman would be worth taking?
The dolphins could try and trade down to the 15th pick and pick up a third rounder and draft Levi Brown OT
Old 01-13-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i dont think it's sickening. mortenson said we shouldnt rely on culpepper.

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

i would like to trade to 15 and pick up a 3rd and get levi brown. We can pick up a CB like Daymeion Hughes in round 2 then grab a WR and either a DT/LB/QB with the other pick

credit to cardsalltheway
Old 01-13-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007
i would like to trade to 15 and pick up a 3rd and get levi brown. We can pick up a CB like Daymeion Hughes in round 2 then grab a WR and either a DT/LB/QB with the other pick
That to me sounds like a great plan, the dolphins can fill needs.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our best choice is to stay at 9 and get one of the defensive studs that is there, be it a DT, CB, or DE/OLB.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-13-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

dg, its basically impossible, but if gaines adams, leon hall, and alan branch are all there, who do we take

credit to cardsalltheway
Old 01-13-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'd take Gaines Adams.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
I'd take Gaines Adams.
I'd take Branch and get Jarvis Moss in the second who IMO could be just as good as gaines adams
Old 01-13-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasane
Quote:
I'd take Gaines Adams.
I'd take Branch and get Jarvis Moss in the second who IMO could be just as good as gaines adams
I'd take Gaines and get Marcus Thomas in the third :shock:

Old 01-13-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Miami Dolphins have reached an agreement with defensive coordinator Dom Capers on a deal that will make him the highest-paid assistant coach in the NFL.

Capers' new deal is for three years and an estimated $8.1 million, team sources confirmed. His salary in 2007 will be $2.6 million, equal to that of Washington Redskins assistant head coach/defense Gregg Williams, but Capers will get raises of at least $100,000 per year in 2008 and 2009.

Capers' current deal was set to expire on Sunday; he would have been able to talk with other teams, but he would not have been able to sign with another team until Feb. 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2730315

other news in there too but that is amazingly good capers news :)
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasane
Quote:
I'd take Gaines Adams.
I'd take Gaines and get Marcus Thomas in the third :shock:
So he can be out of the league in 2 years and not fit our system. :?

It's between Branch or Adams, Hall's value isn't with those two. Guys like Adam are common, guys with Branch's size and athleticism are rare. I'd go with him, and go with either a CB or DE/OLB in the 2nd and 3rd.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-13-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

even as scott wright has in his profile branch is not a good fit at NT. I dont get why you want him unless we are switching back to 4-3. Even though we just signed an extension with Capers (reported above).

So therefore Branch is a bad pick and fit for us.

Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams whicherever falls to us would be amazing. Specially Adams, I would love Brohm too or Jarrett.

I would hate Leon hall, we dont need a short (5'10") CB. We need a vet corner in our secondary it is one of the youngest secondaries in the NFL.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

BECAUSE WE NEED A DE.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-13-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...hins_0113.html

We will have a coach by the end of the upcoming week. It would really help if the Chargers lose so we can get Cameron.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-13-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
BECAUSE WE NEED A DE.
no we dont

We need an OLB

If we go DE or OLB Jamaal Anderson could do both and is far better a player then branch
Old 01-13-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Anderson is not a OLB and is not more talented than Branch. We have a hole at DE/DT. We are running the same system with Capers staying. Branch is the perfect player to fill that hole.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-13-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would disagree with both of u as i dont think anderson is a good fit cause he is a pure 4-3 DE and not an OLB and i also think Branch is a bad pick because we have KC and Matt Roth playing down ends in the 3-4. we need a NT and Branch isnt one.

adams is the best IMO because he is someone who could stand up in the 3-4 and be great. if gaines adams doesnt fall to us, id rather go offense than anything though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
The Miami Dolphins have reached an agreement with defensive coordinator Dom Capers on a deal that will make him the highest-paid assistant coach in the NFL.

Capers' new deal is for three years and an estimated $8.1 million, team sources confirmed. His salary in 2007 will be $2.6 million, equal to that of Washington Redskins assistant head coach/defense Gregg Williams, but Capers will get raises of at least $100,000 per year in 2008 and 2009.

Capers' current deal was set to expire on Sunday; he would have been able to talk with other teams, but he would not have been able to sign with another team until Feb. 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2730315

other news in there too but that is amazingly good capers news :)
the other news in there that makes me ECSTATIC is that BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER is a finalist for the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive been hyping him since saban left and id be the happiest person alive if we got him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom
i would disagree with both of u as i dont think anderson is a good fit cause he is a pure 4-3 DE and not an OLB and i also think Branch is a bad pick because we have KC and Matt Roth playing down ends in the 3-4. we need a NT and Branch isnt one.

adams is the best IMO because he is someone who could stand up in the 3-4 and be great. if gaines adams doesnt fall to us, id rather go offense than anything though.
Neither of those guys are full time DTs. I don't think Carter will be back anyway.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-13-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom

Neither of those guys are full time DTs. I don't think Carter will be back anyway.
Yeah i think carter is too expensive to bring back