Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz99 View Post
Yes, our wide receivers are one of our more steady units. However, they've also screwed us over on plenty of cases. 3rd down drops have been a consistent thing by our wide reciever groups as of late. I don't see the harm in putting Ginn at slot and letting him stretch the field. Ya know, him being fast was a big plus as to why we drafted him.

There is no harm in putting him on the field more and seeing what he can do. But there is also no harm and letting him sit on the beach and learn while we refines some of the bigger aspects of being an NFL WR during practice. Same arguement could be made either way. I was merely playing devils advocate in order to show that no matter whether he plays alot or not, we are still not a winning football and Ginn by himself is not gonna make a huge difference. Bow had said that the bottomline was that we need to get Ginn on the field more. I was just making that point that Ginn being on the field is not even close to the bottom line. Ginn could play every snap and we would still lose double digit games. The bottom line has to do more with the poor play of Trent Green, the defense and the ST units then it does with Ginn spending too much time on the bench.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
There is no harm in putting him on the field more and seeing what he can do. But there is also no harm and letting him sit on the beach and learn while we refines some of the bigger aspects of being an NFL WR during practice. Same arguement could be made either way. I was merely playing devils advocate in order to show that no matter whether he plays alot or not, we are still not a winning football and Ginn by himself is not gonna make a huge difference. Bow had said that the bottomline was that we need to get Ginn on the field more. I was just making that point that Ginn being on the field is not even close to the bottom line. Ginn could play every snap and we would still lose double digit games. The bottom line has to do more with the poor play of Trent Green, the defense and the ST units then it does with Ginn spending too much time on the bench.
That's all understandable. And I can definitly see your side of this argument. However, who's to say Ginn wouldn't put some life into the offense? Maybe he comes out, catches 2 passes, one being a 50-60 yard touchdown pass, and puts a spark into the offense. Or takes a WR screen pass for 20-30 yards. I'm just saying I see no harm in putting him out there in situations. But I do see your side tho, it wouldn't be horrible to let him get to know the offense and the refining of his skills. but what is better than on the field play?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Eop05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz99 View Post
That's all understandable. And I can definitly see your side of this argument. However, who's to say Ginn wouldn't put some life into the offense? Maybe he comes out, catches 2 passes, one being a 50-60 yard touchdown pass, and puts a spark into the offense. Or takes a WR screen pass for 20-30 yards. I'm just saying I see no harm in putting him out there in situations. But I do see your side tho, it wouldn't be horrible to let him get to know the offense and the refining of his skills. but what is better than on the field play?
You're absolutely right. We're 0-4 now. The offensive line is playing respectible football.

Therefore, there is no harm in getting Beck some reps and getting Ginn on the field in ALL 3 WR sets.

BUT, as JoeyJr. states, even if Ginn does pump more life into this offense (because Ronnie is doing a lot of pumping the offense up himself), and we do score 30 points per game, we will still lose if our Run D keeps playing like it is.

Constantly playing from behind, giving up 300 YPG and 7.5 YPC, is a recipe for disaster, no matter how dangerous your offense is.

Our offense has looked better than decent in the past 3 games (aside from some of Trent Green's all too often mental lapses), and we still only manage 20 PPG.
Reason being: When the time of possession stats are 38 minutes to 22 minutes, you don't have enough opportunities to score.

I remember when we used to blame the offense for the defense....."The offense can't keep the defense off the field"...."The defense is too tired because they're always on the field"

Now it's the defenses own fault. The offense puts together 5-6 minute drives and then the defense comes out and gives up an 8 minute ensuing drive.

Conclusion: I would love to see this years offense in last year's defense
Old 10-03-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eop05 View Post
You're absolutely right. We're 0-4 now. The offensive line is playing respectible football.

Therefore, there is no harm in getting Beck some reps and getting Ginn on the field in ALL 3 WR sets.

BUT, as JoeyJr. states, even if Ginn does pump more life into this offense (because Ronnie is doing a lot of pumping the offense up himself), and we do score 30 points per game, we will still lose if our Run D keeps playing like it is.

Constantly playing from behind, giving up 300 YPG and 7.5 YPC, is a recipe for disaster, no matter how dangerous your offense is.

Our offense has looked better than decent in the past 3 games (aside from some of Trent Green's all too often mental lapses), and we still only manage 20 PPG.
Reason being: When the time of possession stats are 38 minutes to 22 minutes, you don't have enough opportunities to score.

I remember when we used to blame the offense for the defense....."The offense can't keep the defense off the field"...."The defense is too tired because they're always on the field"

Now it's the defenses own fault. The offense puts together 5-6 minute drives and then the defense comes out and gives up an 8 minute ensuing drive.

Conclusion: I would love to see this years offense in last year's defense
I agree with you completely. I don't think the offense is a problem at all. The running game as been clicking. The OL has been playing much better and the WRs are servicable. Trent Green has been pretty bad but by this time next year we will hopefully have a good feel that Beck will be the guy, see flashes on Ginn's playmaking and have a new OL or two and I would feel much better. But I know without a doubt that our offense is going in the right direction.

The problem as you said is the defense. The offense is putting up 20 points a game which is up from last year and we were putting up 24 a game I believe before the Raider disaster where our defense could not even get our offense the football to get any points. We have some more spark then all our past offense and we actually put together some nice drives with some regularity. Now it's time to start adding alot mroe youth and talent and building on the defense with the next draft while slowly adding complimentary guys to an offense that seems to have the core to do good things for us. We have building blocks in place with Carey, Satele, Brown, Beck and Ginn. We just a need to add to that. The defense on the other hand, is gonna need a pretty big overhaul as we have alot of old unproductive guys that need to be shipped out in favor of young fresh talent. The only real building block we have on defense for the future is Channing Crowder.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Week 5 analysis...

The running game continues to click and the offensive line has been playing lights out the past couple of games. I'd love to see what our OL can do next season when we get them some more talent to work with. Ronnie Brown had another good game but not the dominating performance he had the two weeks prior. The difference for Ronnie today? He was hitting the hole with authority but there were 2-3 plays that could have gone for huge yardage where he decided to do his trademark shuffle step once he got to the 2nd level instead of keeping his feet pumping and getting the yards. The key to getting those extra yards in the NFL is to keep your feet moving, he's doing that better but there was a few times today where he shuffle stepped and every time he does that, he slows his momentum and essentially allows the defender an easy tackle. The run defense was better today but I'm wondering how much that has to do with Dayne being very one dimensional and the Houston OL being subpar. We'll get a better feel for that next week. Jason Taylor finally showed signs of life and the defense played a little better but we might as well stock 11 on the line and have no CBs because sticking Lehan, Worrell, Allen and Hill in the game basically elimanates 4 players from your defense.

Mixed bag on Ginn today. He looked very good on his kick returns and he had a nice catch where he did a good job with his route and has good instinct on where to go with the zone coverage. However, he was overmatched on the man coverage when they went to him deep in the end zone and needs to learn to use his body better to get separation. Also, no wonder he doesn't see the field more, dude can't even take a hand off. No excuses for that one Ginn, ball bounced right off your chest. Needs to stop all the fair catching on punt returns also. I've been a defender for him on his punt returns because he gets awful blocking but today he had chances to do something and he had some room and he still took the fair catch. He looks scared to make a play.

Why do we keep activating Jason Allen? Can anyone figure this out? I mean he's not even seeing time on special teams anymore. Maybe we should sit his ass and give an active roster spot to Abe Wright or Rob Nincovich who can actually contribute on special teams or help with pass rush. Hell even Lorenzo Booker is a better play. Maybe he can bring a spark to the passing game if we split him wide on some sets. Anything is better then watching Allen sits on the bench in his clean uniform when we got other promising youngsters that we don't even allow to dress.

Lastly, I love what I'm seeing from Rod Wright. He should good hustle and just outworked an offensive lineman on his fumble recovery. He doesn't have the best stats but he's only played in two career games and doesn't seem overmatched at all. Every time there's a pile up at the line of scrimmage, he seems to always be in the middle of it. He's putting up Holliday type productrion at a fraction of the cost and he's only 23. Only knock against him is inconsistency. One play he'll get great push and collapse part of the OL, the next play he'll get pushed back and be taken out of the play completely. Hopefully as he refines his technique, he will improve in this area. I don't think he'll ever be a star but he looks to be on his way to being a solid starting DT in this league.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely liked what I saw Rod Wright today in his first start. Not a dominating performance but a promising one.

I really want to hit Ronnie Brown every time he does that damn stutter step. He looked great again as did the OL (holy crap Hadnot's back) but he definitely could have done better. Our DBs are awful. Our run game really didn't look better, Dayne just sucks. Having Zach back really helped though.

So with Green probably out at least a few weeks, when do we see Beck? We're 0-5, we aren't playing for anything this year. Let his get experience and at least see what he can do so we know what we have at QB for next season. We have 3 more games until the bye week and I really think at the latest he should be starting is week 10.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Definitely liked what I saw Rod Wright today in his first start. Not a dominating performance but a promising one.

I really want to hit Ronnie Brown every time he does that damn stutter step. He looked great again as did the OL (holy crap Hadnot's back) but he definitely could have done better. Our DBs are awful. Our run game really didn't look better, Dayne just sucks. Having Zach back really helped though.

So with Green probably out at least a few weeks, when do we see Beck? We're 0-5, we aren't playing for anything this year. Let his get experience and at least see what he can do so we know what we have at QB for next season. We have 3 more games until the bye week and I really think at the latest he should be starting is week 10.
I agree about Beck. I think Cleo will get his 3-4 week window to show what he's got and after that, it's time for John Beck.

Don't insult Ronnie, he's one of the only bright spots on this team right now and is the best Back in the league RIGHT NOW.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I agree about Beck. I think Cleo will get his 3-4 week window to show what he's got and after that, it's time for John Beck.

Don't insult Ronnie, he's one of the only bright spots on this team right now and is the best Back in the league RIGHT NOW.
Who's insulting Ronnie? We all gave him credit for his great production the past 3 weeks. We are all just sick of his shuffle step that takes him out of plays. It's not an insult, it's just frustrating to watch a guy with so much talent think he's a ballerina and dance around so much that he takes himself out of the play. I even saw him do the shuffle step while he was about to engage in a block on one passing play.

I'm kinda sick of hearing you apologize and excuse everything Ronnie and Ginn do. It's like they can do no wrong in your eyes. None of us our down on Ronnie. He's playing the best football of his life. Doesn't mean he can't get even better. And Ginn was targeted even more this week then ever and the biggest impact he manage to scrape together was a fumble that lead to our QB being knocked out of the game and maybe career. You should stop making comments to us like we are the bad guys for getting on Ronnie and Ginn. Just cause we expect more of our players doesn't make us bad guys and we will continue to expect more of our star and our 1st round pick until we start winning football games. So please leave the little comments at home because they are really annoying to deal with. Just cause your a huge Ginn and Ronnie fan doesn't mean we can't give our honest opinions onthe guys when we think they can do more to help our team win.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Who's insulting Ronnie? We all gave him credit for his great production the past 3 weeks. We are all just sick of his shuffle step that takes him out of plays. It's not an insult, it's just frustrating to watch a guy with so much talent think he's a ballerina and dance around so much that he takes himself out of the play. I even saw him do the shuffle step while he was about to engage in a block on one passing play.

I'm kinda sick of hearing you apologize and excuse everything Ronnie and Ginn do. It's like they can do no wrong in your eyes. None of us our down on Ronnie. He's playing the best football of his life. Doesn't mean he can't get even better. And Ginn was targeted even more this week then ever and the biggest impact he manage to scrape together was a fumble that lead to our QB being knocked out of the game and maybe career. You should stop making comments to us like we are the bad guys for getting on Ronnie and Ginn. Just cause we expect more of our players doesn't make us bad guys and we will continue to expect more of our star and our 1st round pick until we start winning football games. So please leave the little comments at home because they are really annoying to deal with. Just cause your a huge Ginn and Ronnie fan doesn't mean we can't give our honest opinions onthe guys when we think they can do more to help our team win.
You shouldn't be wasting your time with Ronnie is all I'm saying.... get all over Worrell and Will Allen and Jason Taylor for Jesus's sake.... Ronnie is playing well, they are NOT!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 10-08-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
You shouldn't be wasting your time with Ronnie is all I'm saying.... get all over Worrell and Will Allen and Jason Taylor for Jesus's sake.... Ronnie is playing well, they are NOT!
I've come to expect more out of Ronnie because he's the best player on the team. Worrell and Will Allen get no reaction from me because frankly, they aren't starting caliber NFL players. They will not even be on this team once we find some real talent and they have no space in our future. Go look at my post for week 5. I basically mention at our DBs are a waste of a roster spot and I write them off simply because they do not cut it. No matter what they do we will not be a winning football team with them starting. We can be a winning football if we build around Ronnie. That's why I'm so critical of Ronnie. Because he has a future with us. Unlike you I make it known when our best player isn't taking advantage of all his chances and Ronnie didn't do that this week despite his 100 yards rushing. I don't give him a pass cause he's our best player. He stills missed opportunites and he needs to fix that.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the 3 biggest bright spots for the year so far are all actually upon offense.

1. Carey has been a very solid preformer, he is not an all pro at the Left Tackle by any means but he is playing well above the past play we have gotten there and I believe in time he could develope into a good rock there for the long term.

2. Ronnie - when he is not stutter stepping he has been a good producer for us. I think he needs to be given the ball even more as it seems the more he gets it the better his production gets.

3. Satele - (SP on the name) has been the best rookie upon the team so far by a large margin. I hope he is alright from the problem with him having to leave the game but I feel his on the field production at center has been wonderful so far.

I think Wright was pretty well for the game and I think more playing time will be useful. I feel the loss of Kevin Carter has hurt the defense more then we realized it would (and Roth really hasnt taken the step forward I would of liked). Now the biggest problem though is a lack of a presence inside from the nose tackle position. Perhaps more often switching to the 4-3 in the hybrid for now is needed or something else. But right now we are getting almost 0 production from Traylor. The tracker is out of gas and broken down while being lost in the farm fields imo. What sucks is there is no 3-4 NT prospect in this draft worth considering seriously in the 1st round let alone the top 10. (Btw Okoye looks like a monster with Houston).

I would love to see Booker actually get some playing time. He was getting hyped alot in preseason but never really has gotten a chance to show anything at all so far as he is always inactive.

As for Beck, I feel that after the bye week is when we shall see him finally. Now Green might come back eventually and the final few weeks of the season I think will be pretty rough. But as much as a Quinn vs Beck game this weekend would be a nice ESPN draw. I dont see it happening. I saw alot of good things for beck in the preseason but he needs more time for reading the defensives and really the final preseason game showed where we does need work still. But, experience will really help for that in time I feel and always been a fan personally of learning in the fire (bob and dan) over the resting for a year and then starting (like palmer did).
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
and Roth really hasnt taken the step forward I would of liked
Roth has been playing better the past two weeks tho. He definately hasn't played up the level I thought he would be he has also been pretty much by himself all season. Jason Taylor was a liability the 1st 4 weeks, causing numerous penalities. Traylor should have retired after last season and Vonnie Holliday was playing awful up until he got hurt. Not getting much help from Soliai either. Roth was really the only one playing respectable football even if he wasn't playing the type of plays I thought he would make. He has started to come on lately tho, he had a nice sack against Houston and was did a solid job of getting pressure and forcing Schaub to move from the pocket on a couple of occasions last week. And he's really the only DL that isn't getting pushed back 3 yards as soon as the ball is snapped. I think he'll be fine. As he adjusts to starting and getting more PT and as the Dolphins get more help around him in the future, I think you'll see him start to make more plays.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
JoJoRemy

With the problems that the defense has already had up the middle I think a full-blown switch to a 4-3 scheme is what they need. WIth injuries to Zach, Vonnie, Channing, YB and Darius the entire middle of the D is really hurting. I know Capers likes to run his hybrid and really mix things up, but what we need is some stability. Here is my proposal for the future.
At DT we have two pretty promising young guys in Wright and Soliai, but neither is the inside force that can really pin down a strong running game, and neither really shows the type of burst than can consistantly get to the quarterback. Traylor's years are numbered and Vonnie isn't far behind so I think that a change to a quicker inside combo is what we should move towards.
Depending on how many wins we end up getting this year we should be looking at guys like Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis early in the first round. If neither one of them is there when we pick we might want to take a chance on a guy like Frank Okam who would work well with Wright, his fellow Longhorn. If it doesn't play out so that we can get one of these guys, we'll have to hope that Kenny Phillips comes out and is there for us to pick up. He can be a great addition to the secondary in coverage and certainly can support the run, and if he declares he would be the best safety in the draft by far. Depending on what Zach does after this year, we have the option to move Channing inside to hold down the middle of the field. This would open up the need for an OLB where I like guys like Georgia Tech's Phillip Wheeler, LSU's Ali Highsmith or VT's Xavier Adibi as potential early second round options.
Those guys would be my targets for the front 7 (save the standout, Phillips) in the first two rounds. Also, Quentin Grove shas the talent to be a top 5 pick if everything falls into place for him and I don't know if I could pass him up.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would definitely like to go back to a normal 4-3 and draft Dorsey if we're in position. I really don't see anyone that fills a need and is value there if we stay in a 3-4. If we go to a 4-3 we can take Dorsey of Campbell. All the players we have right now would fit. That would require us doing something that makes sense though, so eh.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I would definitely like to go back to a normal 4-3 and draft Dorsey if we're in position. I really don't see anyone that fills a need and is value there if we stay in a 3-4. If we go to a 4-3 we can take Dorsey of Campbell. All the players we have right now would fit. That would require us doing something that makes sense though, so eh.
imagine if we had taken okoye last year too. Could of had Dorsey and Okoye in the middle that would be the best DT combo in football for the next decade.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

DAMN DEREK HAGAN!

I now know which of our players I hate the most...

Seems like our complete 06 Draft was a disaster now, Allen is a bust and Derek Hagan is now screwing things up for our 07 picks! GREEEEEAT!!

It was 6 weeks today and Ginn finally scored only to have it called back because of our mistake from 06.....hmmmm...

Ginn is getting better though.... it is definitely apparent. And what were those questions about his raw-recieving ability? His hands have looked alright to me when he's gotten passes thrown to him. If Cleo was just a little more accurate, he would have had a bigger impact today than he did.

Last edited by thebow305 : 10-15-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
DAMN DEREK HAGAN!

I now know which of our players I hate the most...

Seems like our complete 06 Draft was a disaster now, Allen is a bust and Derek Hagan is now screwing things up for our 07 picks! GREEEEEAT!!

It was 6 weeks today and Ginn finally scored only to have it called back because of our mistake from 06.....hmmmm...

Ginn is getting better though.... it is definitely apparent. And what were those questions about his raw-recieving ability? His hands have looked alright to me when he's gotten passes thrown to him. If Cleo was just a little more accurate, he would have had a bigger impact today than he did.
one holding call doesn't make Hagan a bad pick. He certainly isn't any sort dependable WR but he does have talent if he can fix the drops. He has shown me enough to give him more time. Remember it takes three years for picks to fully develope. Hagan is only in year two. The problem is the ST in general. I mean the very 1st kick of the entire game let to Ginn catching the ball and being taken down after about two steps because a guy came in att full speed, completely unblocked and had a free shot at Ginn. Not to mention the holdings on Ginns TD return and another 55 yard return that he had that was also called back by holding. In what turned out to be a two score game. Having two game changing plays like that wiped out by penalties are killer.

Ginn is raw no matter what you say. I never had questions about his hands but that doesn't mean he's not raw. There was a ball thrown behind him by Lemon where he just kinda threw one hand at and knocked it down. That's 100% inexperience and being raw. Seasoned players plant their feet to get leverage and try to go back for that ball with both hands. It's still a hard catch either way because the ball was thrown horribly but he needs to learn how to adjust to the ball better. Same thing happened last week on the deep pass into the end zone. He slowed down just slightly and the ball was thrown over his head and he only took a one handed swipe at the ball. He misjudged it. He needs to fix that. If he would have read the ball better, he has a good chance to make that catch and grab his 1st TD. It gets annoying to hear you make excuses for Ginn and blame others for Ginn not making an impact when it's stuff like this that keep him off the field. If Ginn fixes his own mistakes, he will play more and make a bigger impact. So let's be fair with the blame here. It's not Hagan and Lemon's fault that Ginn hasn't lived up to the hype yet.

With that said, I do like his instincts. He shown a nice ability to fit the open spot in the zone last week during his 36 yard catch which was nice and he also did a great job of breaking off his route and getting open when he saw Lemon take off and break the play. Ginn ended up turning it into a 32 yard reception.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
PhinsKid23434

SO chris chambers just went to san diego for a 2008 second round pick
Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsKid23434 View Post
SO chris chambers just went to san diego for a 2008 second round pick
This upsets me very much, expecially seeing as how Chambers was supposed to be mentoring Ginn along because they were so close.

What does this mean? Who starts this week? Is is Hagan or Ginn?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

And now we have released Donovan Darius... this just keeps getting better and better! WHAT ARE WE DOING!?

Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
And now we have released Donovan Darius... this just keeps getting better and better! WHAT ARE WE DOING!?
Obviously we are not trying to win now, but building for the future. Randy and Cam have finally accepted we are in a rebuilding mode and decisions such as these reflect this.

Little late though.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Dude we are going 0-16 this season and not gonna be even close to contending until 2009 at the earliest. Getting rid of older fringe players like Darius is a smart move and I think you'll start seeing Jason Allen, Courtney Bryan at safety so we can find out exactly what we have in those two. Chambers is 30, getting paid 7mm and not even remotely close to the 2005 Pro Bowl Chambers. Getting a 2nd rounder is a great move for him. Now we can play Ginn, Hagan and most likely Kerry Reed from the PS so that we get a better idea of what we have in those guys.

You'll be seeing more of Edmond Miles, Abe Wright, Rod Wright, Paul Soliai, Joe Toledo, Anthony Alabi, Lorenzo Booker, John Beck and Rob Nincovich as well as the already mentioned Bryan and Allen as the season goes on. We are not winning anytime soon so the young guys are gonna play and see what we got and get a better idea of whos got the potential to be a long term player for us and who we should cut bait with. Getting draft picks is the way to go and rebuild thru the draft. Hopefully if we can get half of that group above to stick along with Satele, Ginn, Mauia, Brown, Carey, Feeley, Fields, Crowder, and Roth. We will have a solid base to build around with the next draft and have a better idea of what are our more glaring needs (I say glaring because we have a need everywhere outside of RB).

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 10-17-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

it was a good move and good draft pick to add in there I like it
Old 10-20-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Miami Dolphins have placed quarterback Trent Green on injured reserve.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

anyone have any news on Ronnie..... I have been nervous all day waiting to hear about how serious it was... Now I hear the MRI is set for tomorrow? Anyone have any insight. I would be devastated if this was serious...