Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for good news, but am preparing for bad news.

Scroll over: I fear he has a torn ACL. I dearly hope that isn't the case though.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The report I read said it was a possible torn ACL. And I thought we were at rock bottom.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The report I read said it was a possible torn ACL. And I thought we were at rock bottom.
I hear they think it was a bad sprain and ronnie is optimistic and wants to play next week against the NYG. The x-rays were negative (obviously that doesnt mean anything when it comes to the ACL) but anything negative is good. I fear the worst as my ACL tear came in a much similar fashion. I just hope its a bad sprain. Ronnie was just starting to get the recognition he has deserved all along. Let's all pray, keep our fingers crossed, take a deep breath and hope for some good news for once!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
osi+ap=allshallperish
Rookie

osi+ap=allshallperish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That would really suck for you guys if ronnie can't go this Sunday. He was my biggest concern cause, as BBD so gladly points out, we are light up the middle.
osi+ap=allshallperish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking news from ESPN News: Ronnie Brown out for the season (knee).

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(Both Auburn backs from 2005 went down to season-ending injury. Actually, so did Kenny Irons early in the year. And Rudi Johnson hasn't been healthy with his hamstring. Not a good year for Auburn backs at all.)
Old 10-22-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Brown grew up very close to where i live so I always pulled for him. He was playing at a pro bowl level so it's sad to see this.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sick about this right now... This really sucks, why us? As if this wasn't bad enough. Curse Cleo for throwing that pick!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 10-22-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Ginn is all I have left.... man, when things go wrong for us, they really go wrong.

Is there any chance Ronnie gets back at all this year?? And how long it will take him to recover from this???

Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

What about Ricky? If he gets reinstated I would pretty much assassinate Cam Cameron if he releases him.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorex View Post
What about Ricky? If he gets reinstated I would pretty much assassinate Cam Cameron if he releases him.

No chance on this planet Ricky plays a snap for the Dolphins this season. They have released and/or traded every player that has had trouble with the law this season (Chambers, Evans, McMichael). Last thing they are gonna do is bring in the biggest problem child of them all in Ricky Williams. Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see them release Joey Porter in the offseason after they can figure out how to save the most of that money they gave him. He's the last troublemaker left.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** ME. The only good thing going for us this season is done. I'm kinda glad I don't get all of the games.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-22-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,5881273.story

Both Brown and safety Renaldo Hill suffered torn ACL injuries, 2006 1st round draft pick Jason Allen will start in Hill's place.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,5881273.story

Both Brown and safety Renaldo Hill suffered torn ACL injuries, 2006 1st round draft pick Jason Allen will start in Hill's place.

At least now we will spend half the season watching Jason Allen teach the coaching staff what us fans already know. He can't play.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Let's hope for a speedy recovery for Ronnie!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Maybe Jason Allen can actually do something, yea that's not happening.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys wish you had Brady Quinn, or is Ted Ginn a good pick?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Do you guys wish you had Brady Quinn, or is Ted Ginn a good pick?
Way, way too early to tell. Obviously Brady Quinn was who we wanted at the time but that's not how it played out. Ginn is currently starting and we will see what he looks like in the coming weeks. Quinn has yet to see the field and John Beck hasn't played either. If Quinn gets out there and sucks and Ginn and Beck produce, then I think we'd be happy. But as of right now, none of the 3 have had much if any playing time so how can we know if we made a good pick or not?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Maybe Jason Allen can actually do something, yea that's not happening.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! LMAO!

AGREED!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

It still puzzles me how Allen has panned out, I really liked him coming out of Tennessee. I think he will prove by the end of the year he can definitely play, maybe it's blind faith I can't get rid of. He's the guy now without having to look over his shoulder, and he'll gain valuable experience.

Is he playing strong safety or free safety? Because I still think he might be best suited at free, but we'll see.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
It still puzzles me how Allen has panned out, I really liked him coming out of Tennessee. I think he will prove by the end of the year he can definitely play, maybe it's blind faith I can't get rid of. He's the guy now without having to look over his shoulder, and he'll gain valuable experience.

Is he playing strong safety or free safety? Because I still think he might be best suited at free, but we'll see.
At the time of the draft I was desperate for us to take Antonio Cromartie that year. I was a student at FSU at the time and was 100 percent convinced Cromartie was gonna be a star in the NFL. While Cromartie hasn't turned into a star, he has played effectively and he would be the number 1 CB on the Dolphins roster. What a mistake we made with that pick.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
At the time of the draft I was desperate for us to take Antonio Cromartie that year. I was a student at FSU at the time and was 100 percent convinced Cromartie was gonna be a star in the NFL. While Cromartie hasn't turned into a star, he has played effectively and he would be the number 1 CB on the Dolphins roster. What a mistake we made with that pick.
I agree. I am a Miami fan, but loved Cromartie's potential and would've much rather had him than Allen.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

We just signed Quentin Moses and Lance Schulters. I have no idea why we are wasting time with Lance. He was ok last year but he's got no future with us. We have enough sub par safeties on the roster as it is. Worrell, Bryan, Allen, Tillman are enough bodies to make it thru the year. No need to waste money on Lance.

Moses however is a good pickup. Natural talent is great but he seems to slack off and not get the job done. I assume he will be working behind JT so maybe just maybe we can get something solid out of him. Obviously Moses wasn't worth the 3rd rounder the Raiders wasted because we are his 3rd team in his 1st 6 games in the NFL but at least we are looking in the right direction with young talent on the DL with Mahelona, Robinson, Bryant and Moses who have all been signed the past week.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Shulters is just another body which is what we need.

I like the Moses pick up. Brings some type of development behind Taylor which is a lot more than we had before.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-25-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Scarface
Rookie

Scarface smells like sex panther.

the loss of ronnie brown is really going to hurt. he was on my fantasy team. Luckily we still have our great QB Cleo Lemon. Cleo Lemons air assault offense was hurt when ronnie brown was done for the season but he will get it done on the ground using the Cleo Lemon Leg Assault Offense to bring our season around. Im thinking wild card.
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote