Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-06-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how bout we trade the #1 to dallas for their 2 1st rounders, their 3rd, pat mcquistan, and bradie james?

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
how bout we trade the #1 to dallas for their 2 1st rounders, their 3rd, pat mcquistan, and bradie james?
they wouldn't give up bradie james that easily, he is one of the most underrated linebackers in the league, and a pro-bowl calibre player. Bobby Carpenter would be more likely, seeing as how it's Parcells boy anyway. But I might be ok with that.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Terry Glenn? I'm pretty sure he's a free agent now, do you think there's any chance of getting him in a Miami uniform for next season? I know he is a little older now, but he does still possess pretty good speed and he is Parcell's boy. I can't help but get a little excited over a Ohio State speed tandem of Glenn and Ginn next year? What do you guys think!?

What cowboys players do you guys see in Miami next year? Flozell Adams? (My wish) Keith Davis? Jacques Reeves? (I hope not!) Bobby Carpenter? Terry Glenn? Possibly Keyshawn Johnson?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 01-25-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, theres a rumor that the Dolphins hired my HS coach. Not sure what position or even if its true. Anybody know anything about your recent hirings? His names Steve Bush.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, its confirmed. Im pissed, he was a hell of a coach. He should do well with you guys.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So what do we do about Chad Johnson wanting to come to Miami?

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler View Post
So what do we do about Chad Johnson wanting to come to Miami?
It'll never happen. We'd have to give up at least a 2nd rounder to get him which goes against Parcells style of stockpiling picks and after all the problems he had with TO, I doubt he takes on another player like that. As much as I like CJ his antics are not something Parcells will put up with. He is the complete opposite of a Bill Parcells guy.

Keyshawn Johnson managed to make it work but Keyshawn was just a loudmouth, him and Tuna has a respect level for each other then I haven't seen CJ ever have with anyone.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3241124
Dolphins make some cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

jake long would look pretty nice in aqua and orange from what I am reading.

Best Oline in football perhaps?
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
jake long would look pretty nice in aqua and orange from what I am reading.

Best Oline in football perhaps?
If you don't mind wasting a top 5 pick on a Right Tackle. Guy is too slow, and not quick enough to be a true Left Tackle in the league.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Smiley huh? Admittedly, surprised me a bit in that I wasn't looking for them to spend big on a guard. That said, a healthy Smiley is an intriguing interior talent who offers some good agility. Wonder if he's LG or RG?
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've read they signed Smiley to play RG and replace Rex Hadnot. Could be pure speculation.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
From what I've read they signed Smiley to play RG and replace Rex Hadnot. Could be pure speculation.
Yeah I read that too, I'm a little upset, I have no idea why they wouldn't just re-sign Hadnot, who is a bigger, better young prospect and fits what Sparano likes better anyway. It's kinda baffling as to why we haven't had any extension talks with him AT ALL. Smiley would be good at left guard and Hadnot back at right guard, I would love that, doesn't look likely to happen though.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here's an interesting tidbit from East Coast Sports News about the Dolphins and what they might do in April's draft:

Talk is cheap these days especially regarding the NFL Draft where smokescreens are a plenty, especially when scouts and NFL personnel talk about their own teams intentions in the Draft, but I have reason to believe that the Dolphins will pass up Matt Ryan with the first overall pick. A very good friend of mine in the scouting industry told me this morning that the talk around the scouting community is if the Dolphins aren't able to trade their first round pick, they will take either Chris Long or Vernon Gholston to play the rush end (or OLB) in their 3-4 scheme or use the pick on OT Jake Long of Michigan. My source also told me that he expects the Dolphins to take a quarterback with their pick in the second round, with that quarterback being none other than Deleware's Joe Flacco. The talk around the scouting community is that Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells is said to be enamored with Flacco, a New Jersey native just like Parcells.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fairly surprised at the Jason Ferguson trade in that ... wow, that's all it took. Nice move for the Fins. Makes me wonder if Jones is playing nice with Bill to try and get a deal. Solid veteran addition.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Randy Starks is coming in for a visit of Friday.

Reggie Torbor signing must have not taken place and KFFL has taken the report down.

Anyways nice to see Parcells was listening to me by going after midlevel depth guys. Smiley is great and Starks would be nice. Not to mention a great deal for Ferguson. Glad to see Adams resigned with Dallas. I'd hate to give him that much money.

On a side note. Hadnot isn't anywhere near Smiley's level. Hadnot is inconsistent and has flashes but wasn't much better then just another guy at OG. Smiley was a very solid dependable OG during his time on SF and has potential where alot of people thought he could turn into on of the better OGs in the league. I don't think he'll ever be an elite OG but he's certainly an upgrade over Hadnot at RG and he comes for a modest price. If he lives up to the potential, paying him 5 million a year is reasonable when other guys are making 7-8 million a year. And if for some reason he doesn't put it together, signing him for only 9 million guaranteed is not enough to set you back very much and you can just move on.

I don't really see alot of downside to his signing.

Definately glad to see us giving 5 years/25 million/9 mil guar to a 26 year old up and coming OG then wasting 4 years/32 million/20 mil SB to a 32 year old LB on the decline.

You can see why I'm so happy with the way Parcells is approaching this as opposed to what Cam and Randy did.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like that trade for Ferguson as well, giving up a 6th this year and next, but also getting a 6th back from the Cowboys. Very nice, assuming Ferguson returns to full health (makes you wonder if the Cowboys thought he would).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Anyways nice to see Parcells was listening to me by going after midlevel depth guys.
lol
Old 03-01-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Is a Hadnot a starter in this league or a backup? Browns have him in for a visit so I was wondering about him.....
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
Is a Hadnot a starter in this league or a backup? Browns have him in for a visit so I was wondering about him.....
Solid, versatile player. Can play G or C. A nice addition if you don't pay too much...... Surprised Miami is letting him go, to be honest...
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
We went out a signed Smiley because we felt he was an upgrade. Alot of Miami fans loved Hadnot. Personally, I was split on him. At times he looked really good and olike he could be our RG for the next decade. Other time he looked like he belong in the CFL.

The desire is there and you can certainly do worse. However, I think he's a tier lower then the Justin Smiley, Chris Snees and Aaron Sears of the world. He is a solid player but will probably be what he is, I don't see much room for growth.

Considering he left Houston without a contract and that we backed off immediately after seeing what he wanted to make, It makes me think he's asking for Justin Smiley type money and I'm not sure he's worth it.

Signing Sexy Rexy for 5 years, 25 million and 9 mil guaranteed is not something I'd recommend to any team. But now if you can get him for say 4 years, 18 million and 7 guaranteed. That's something I'd give a serious look at.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
the_Kid
Rookie

the_Kid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is Derrick Pope any good? Looks like the vikings might be signing him. Probably nothing more than a special-teamer/backup.

sig by guesswhosback

Adrian Peterson>>>>Reggie Bush
the_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Kid View Post
Is Derrick Pope any good? Looks like the vikings might be signing him. Probably nothing more than a special-teamer/backup.
That's what he was here, an average St/backup.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Tab Perry signs on for a 1 yr deal. Young, injury prone guy who was a good returner as a rookie. Again, the pattern of ST players being added. Not to mention, young & big. Kind of a no-risk signing....

Just posting this because it has been pretty dead as far as news lately as well as on this board.............
Old 03-17-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Tab Perry signs on for a 1 yr deal. Young, injury prone guy who was a good returner as a rookie. Again, the pattern of ST players being added. Not to mention, young & big. Kind of a no-risk signing....

Just posting this because it has been pretty dead as far as news lately as well as on this board.............
yea and we got Nathan Jones as well.

I wonder who will be out of our DB situation.

We have Will Allen, Michael Lehan, Yeremiah Bell and Jason Allen as the likely starters.

Plus we have Cameron Worrell, Renaldo Hill, Keith Davis, Andre Goodman, Travis Daniels, Nathan Jones, plus a draft pick or 2.

I think we'll go with 4 Safeties and 5 CBs.

My thinking is for S: Jason Allen, Yeremiah Bell, Renaldo Hill and Keith Davis.

For CB: Will Allen, Michael Lehan, Andre Goodman, Nathan Jones, a draft pick.

cuts would be Travis Daniels and Cameron Worrell.

Read a report the other day (I'll try to find and post it) that the Dolphins are in love with Vernon Gholston but they are trying to use the Longs or Ryan to trade down for Gholston.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Joe,

I think Travis Daniels might have a shot at beating out R. Hill at S due to his injury and also Daniels' versatility to play both CB and S. He may have played his last game as a Dolphin....... Agree about J. Allen, Bell and K. Davis.

At CB, Allen and Lehan will be there. I would not count on anyone else just yet. Depends on how early they draft a CB. Goodman may be a guy who ends up a cap casualty if they take a CB early....

Would love to see Gholston end up here. If there was any way to drop and still get him, it would be ideal. Someone is going to have to want to move to #1 for somebody, though. I still say we should just take him at #1 if they can't trade out..........