Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 08-22-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
With all the moves the Dolphins made on the defensive line, is Rodrique Wright going to get cut?
He is on the bubble, but I think they may do with him what they did with Travis Daniels and trade him for a late round pick. He is still young and would fit nicely with some other teams. It is also possible that he sticks. They do love DL down there and they may decide he is worth keeping as depth.....
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
He is on the bubble, but I think they may do with him what they did with Travis Daniels and trade him for a late round pick. He is still young and would fit nicely with some other teams. It is also possible that he sticks. They do love DL down there and they may decide he is worth keeping as depth.....
I am asking this because the Steelers have no young defensive line depth. I think he could play both NT and DE in our system. I hope the Steelers at least look at him somewhat.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I am asking this because the Steelers have no young defensive line depth. I think he could play both NT and DE in our system. I hope the Steelers at least look at him somewhat.
There was just an article on MiamiDolphins.com two days ago, saying how they love our depth at DL and how he is really coming into his own and should be a very good rotation rotation player for us this year, along with Merling and Starks. That being said, I'd be absolutely shocked if he was cut. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
There was just an article on MiamiDolphins.com two days ago, saying how they love our depth at DL and how he is really coming into his own and should be a very good rotation rotation player for us this year, along with Merling and Starks. That being said, I'd be absolutely shocked if he was cut. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I could see him getting let go. Easily. Right now he's behind Holliday, Merling, Langford and Starks. And none of that even counts that Matt Roth and Joey Porter have occasionally played some DE when he put alot of guys in the box at times. We could get a 6th rounder for him no problem. I think he sticks but he has more value to another team then to us because we are really deep there.

BTW...HinesWardJr. No way is he ever a NT. He struggles to hold his ground as a DE at times. No way is he even close to big enough, strong enough or stout enough to ever play NT at the NFL level.

On a side note, let me officially start the petition to draft Michael Johnson as our 3-4 OLB next year. He is a freak and we need a stud 3-4 OLB in the worst way. Definately our biggest position of need despite or stellar pass rush so far this preseason. Looking at 3-4 OLB, WR, backup OT, and a top notch CB for next season.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I could see him getting let go. Easily. Right now he's behind Holliday, Merling, Langford and Starks. And none of that even counts that Matt Roth and Joey Porter have occasionally played some DE when he put alot of guys in the box at times. We could get a 6th rounder for him no problem. I think he sticks but he has more value to another team then to us because we are really deep there.

BTW...HinesWardJr. No way is he ever a NT. He struggles to hold his ground as a DE at times. No way is he even close to big enough, strong enough or stout enough to ever play NT at the NFL level.

On a side note, let me officially start the petition to draft Michael Johnson as our 3-4 OLB next year. He is a freak and we need a stud 3-4 OLB in the worst way. Definately our biggest position of need despite or stellar pass rush so far this preseason. Looking at 3-4 OLB, WR, backup OT, and a top notch CB for next season.
I'll sign that petition any day. I'm a big fan as well.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 08-26-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I'll sign that petition any day. I'm a big fan as well.
How do you feel about Selvie? I know alot of people are using him to us as a trendy pick but I don't see the raw physical tools to warrant a top 10 pick which is likely were we will be choosing next season.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the moment I'd rather have Selvie because he's done something. I really like Michael Johnson but Selvie is one of my favorite players in the draft and while he needs to put one some weight (he's up to 245 last I heard) he has the explosive ability to be a dominant OLB. Both have things to work on for sure but I'd be happy with both for right now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
How do you feel about Selvie? I know alot of people are using him to us as a trendy pick but I don't see the raw physical tools to warrant a top 10 pick which is likely were we will be choosing next season.
I love Selvie as well, and if we are picking in the 6-12 range where I predict we will be drafting, we may have to go for Selvie. If Michael Johnson plays and works out as well as everyone expects him to this year, he may be long gone before we pick. Selvie may actually be the better fit at OLB for us, as MJ may just be too tall, but we will see when measurements are taken I guess.

Much could change in a year, but I would be psyched with either at this point, they are both MONSTERS!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
At the moment I'd rather have Selvie because he's done something. I really like Michael Johnson but Selvie is one of my favorite players in the draft and while he needs to put one some weight (he's up to 245 last I heard) he has the explosive ability to be a dominant OLB. Both have things to work on for sure but I'd be happy with both for right now.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Let's hope the staff takes a gamble on young, high upside guys like Jonathan Scott at OT and Ahmed Brooks at OLB instead of keeping dead weight like Moses and Ndwuke.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Let's hope the staff takes a gamble on young, high upside guys like Jonathan Scott at OT and Ahmed Brooks at OLB instead of keeping dead weight like Moses and Ndwuke.
I still have a lot of hope for Quentin Moses. THe guy has a ton of talent and even if he doesn't develop into a starter, he could still be a very good situational pass rusher for us. I wouldn't mind taking a look at Scott though for sure, as well another young pass rusher the Cowboys released in Darrell Robertson. These are the guys I want to sign:

1. WR Chad Jackson: I may be alone here, but I still LOVE this guy's potential. Maybe he isn't that great, but is he any worse than Camarillo or Anthony Armstrong? I dont think so.

2. CB Fernando Bryant: This guy can stil be a quality starting CB in this league and still offers more upside than guys like Andre Goodman and Nate Jones for sure.

3. CB Trae Williams: I know he was signed to the Eagles practice squad, but if we signed him to the active roster, he could be ours. This is an in-state guy with a TON of talent who was obviously overshadowed by Mike Jenkins at USF, but could develop into a quality starter and playmaker with the right coaching. Definitely more upside than Jones or Joey Thomas (who I think is still on the roster for some unbeknownst reason!?)

4. OLB Darrell Robertson: Very good pass rusher at Georgia Tech who started over supremely talented Michael Johnson at DE. Could develop into a nice role player for us but is definitely talented and offers good upside at a HUGE position of need for us.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I still have a lot of hope for Quentin Moses. THe guy has a ton of talent and even if he doesn't develop into a starter, he could still be a very good situational pass rusher for us. I wouldn't mind taking a look at Scott though for sure, as well another young pass rusher the Cowboys released in Darrell Robertson. These are the guys I want to sign:

1. WR Chad Jackson: I may be alone here, but I still LOVE this guy's potential. Maybe he isn't that great, but is he any worse than Camarillo or Anthony Armstrong? I dont think so.

2. CB Fernando Bryant: This guy can stil be a quality starting CB in this league and still offers more upside than guys like Andre Goodman and Nate Jones for sure.

3. CB Trae Williams: I know he was signed to the Eagles practice squad, but if we signed him to the active roster, he could be ours. This is an in-state guy with a TON of talent who was obviously overshadowed by Mike Jenkins at USF, but could develop into a quality starter and playmaker with the right coaching. Definitely more upside than Jones or Joey Thomas (who I think is still on the roster for some unbeknownst reason!?)

4. OLB Darrell Robertson: Very good pass rusher at Georgia Tech who started over supremely talented Michael Johnson at DE. Could develop into a nice role player for us but is definitely talented and offers good upside at a HUGE position of need for us.
Loved getting Brandon London and Andy Alleman. If one of the two hits on their fairly good potential, we got ourselfs a nice little under the rader pickup.

I would hate to take Fernando Bryant. He's old, slow and not what we need. Bring in youth and talent behind Allen, Lehan and Goodman, not another vet that would never see the field. Any CB we bring in needs to be young to groom behind those guys.

Chad Jackson is living off name alone. F getting any Florida WRs, ever!.

Robertson is a good call. I liked him coming out. I wouldn't mind seeing him on our PS.

I doubt Trae Williams would have signed on the Eagles (who are loaded with CBs) PS if he had an offer to be on an NFL 53 man roster. I get the feeling he was living on the good year by USF and the Mike Jenkins hype.

You have hopes for Quentin Moses? For real? He took more snaps then any player on our defense in the preseason and ended with a total of 2 tackles and no sacks or hurries. Hes garbage. All potential and ZERO production. There's a reason he was dumped by pass rush needy teams like Oakland and Arizona. Mark my words. He will finish the 08 zero on a different team then the Dolphins.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I take back the Johnson/Selvie talk.

DBs are easily the biggest problem on the roster after seeing us get torched by Cotchery, Stuckey, Boldin, Fitz and Breaston the last 2 weeks. We can't cover anyone.

We need to start looking at Vontae Davis early in the 1st as well as mid round safeties that can actually make open field tackles. If a guy like Everette Brown slips to round 2 then take him as our 3-4 OLB but we need CBs, DS and WRs really, really badly.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I take back the Johnson/Selvie talk.

DBs are easily the biggest problem on the roster after seeing us get torched by Cotchery, Stuckey, Boldin, Fitz and Breaston the last 2 weeks. We can't cover anyone.

We need to start looking at Vontae Davis early in the 1st as well as mid round safeties that can actually make open field tackles. If a guy like Everette Brown slips to round 2 then take him as our 3-4 OLB but we need CBs, DS and WRs really, really badly.
db's and wrs are our biggest needs but do you see parcells going that direction with a top 5 pick? That is my curiousity. Plus we had no pressure on them all game so that helps make the WR's open
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
db's and wrs are our biggest needs but do you see parcells going that direction with a top 5 pick? That is my curiousity. Plus we had no pressure on them all game so that helps make the WR's open
That's a good point. I have a hard time seeing Parcells going DB real early in the draft. Linebacker seems more likely so it will probably be between Maualuga, Selvie, and Johnson.

I do agree with Joey on this one though, I would much rather see us target Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st after watching that AZ game. I knew our secondary was bad, but I didn't know they were THAT bad.

If we go out and sign someone like Nmandi Asomugha in FA (fingers crossed), it could alter what we do in the draft. But as bad as our secondary is, I wouldn't be against signing Asomugha AND drafting Davis or Jenkins. All our CB's are straight garbage so a total makeover at that position seems in our best interest for sure.

Last edited by thebow305 : 09-17-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

One interesting long term debate to consider:

Are the DB's of most teams just that good?
Or
Do the Pass rush of those teams make those DB's look great?

Example: Samuel in NE was a wonderful player there for his time, but the pats strength durring all this time has been a wonderful front 7 on defense. Seymour is a HoF when he is done playing for instance and under-rated imo (god I hate the pats kills me to say nice things about them). But can one argue that the play of these frontline players in the pits decide alot for the DBs.

Samuel sure as heck didnt look close to last year's talent in the game monday night when he was getting burnt left and right for instance.

Of course nothing is only 1 factor but just something to consider, a great way to make a killer backfield is having amazing front 7. If you are going to invest also top 5 money into a player isnt a Dlineman alot safer then a DB?

Just something to consider perhaps over.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
That's a good point. I have a hard time seeing Parcells going DB real early in the draft. Linebacker seems more likely so it will probably be between Maualuga, Selvie, and Johnson.

I do agree with Joey on this one though, I would much rather see us target Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st after watching that AZ game. I knew our secondary was bad, but I didn't know they were THAT bad.

If we go out and sign someone like Nmandi Asomugha in FA (fingers crossed), it could alter what we do in the draft. But as bad as our secondary is, I wouldn't be against signing Asomugha AND drafting Davis or Jenkins. All our CB's are straight garbage so a total makeover at that position seems in our best interest for sure.
Here are some of the bigger notes I saw on Parcells draft history (1st 2 rounds only) that completely contradict what you have said. Looking only at our biggest needs, WR, DB and LB.

Patriots:
Lawyer Milloy (2nd) DB
Ty Law (1st) DB
Terry Glenn (1st) WR
Kevin Lee (2nd) WR
Vincent Brisby (2nd) WR
Chris Slade (1st) LB
Wille McGinest (1st) LB
Ted Johnson (2nd) LB

Jets:
Keyshawn Johnson (1st) WR
Alex Van Dyke (2nd) WR
James Farrior (1st) LB

Cowboys:
Tony Dixon (2nd) DB
Roy Williams (1st) DB
Terrence Newman (1st) DB
Antonio Bryant (2nd) WR
DeMarcus Ware (1st) LB
Kevin Burnett (2nd) LB
Bobby Carpenter (1st) LB

Overall, thats 5 DBs, 6 WRs, and 7 LBs.

Not as huge a difference as most of you think. Add in the fact that our biggest needs are without a doubt at WR and DB and I could easily see him going that route.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
One interesting long term debate to consider:

Are the DB's of most teams just that good?
Or
Do the Pass rush of those teams make those DB's look great?

Example: Samuel in NE was a wonderful player there for his time, but the pats strength durring all this time has been a wonderful front 7 on defense. Seymour is a HoF when he is done playing for instance and under-rated imo (god I hate the pats kills me to say nice things about them). But can one argue that the play of these frontline players in the pits decide alot for the DBs.

Samuel sure as heck didnt look close to last year's talent in the game monday night when he was getting burnt left and right for instance.

Of course nothing is only 1 factor but just something to consider, a great way to make a killer backfield is having amazing front 7. If you are going to invest also top 5 money into a player isnt a Dlineman alot safer then a DB?

Just something to consider perhaps over.
Samuel looking bad in Philly has nothing to do with the front 7 he was playing behind. It has everything to do with the scheme. Some players fit certain schemes and suck at others.

Look at Jason David. He was a pretty good zone CB with Indy but he is the worst man cover CB in the NFL with the Saints.

We have good young players on our DL in Merling, Langford (who looks like a stud), Roth and Crowder and I don't doubt that we'll be adding another very early in the draft but you can't go wrong adding a shut down CB like Vontae Davis either.

What's wrong with something like this:

1.) Vontae Davis, CB
2.) Everette Brown, DE/OLB
2.) Greg Carr, WR
3.) BJ Raji, NT

Kills me to have two FSU players on there by the way but I think Brown and Carr are underrated and gonna be heck of NFL players.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Samuel looking bad in Philly has nothing to do with the front 7 he was playing behind. It has everything to do with the scheme. Some players fit certain schemes and suck at others.

Look at Jason David. He was a pretty good zone CB with Indy but he is the worst man cover CB in the NFL with the Saints.

We have good young players on our DL in Merling, Langford (who looks like a stud), Roth and Crowder and I don't doubt that we'll be adding another very early in the draft but you can't go wrong adding a shut down CB like Vontae Davis either.

What's wrong with something like this:

1.) Vontae Davis, CB
2.) Everette Brown, DE/OLB
2.) Greg Carr, WR
3.) BJ Raji, NT

Kills me to have two FSU players on there by the way but I think Brown and Carr are underrated and gonna be heck of NFL players.
Actually, when it comes to Samuel's situation, it's a little bit of both. It was the scheme AND the front seven. It's no secret that the Pats have had one of the best front seven the last couple of years. They constantly put tons of pressure on opposing QB's from all angles. This in turn makes it very simple for those CB's sitting back in their zones to make big plays. It is for these reasons that Belicheck does not overpay for his corners and will let the good ones walk without hesititation. Because combined with the front seven and the zone scheme they play, he feels he can fill just about anyone else in those spots and they will be successful. I'm not saying Asante isn't a good corner, but he is a tad overrated because of where he played. He still is a very opportunistic ballhawk that makes the most out of all the good situations he gets put in. He won't be as good in Philly as in NE, but he will still be a top shelf corner IMO and not lose alot, because of Jim Johnson's attacking style of defense, you've got to take that into consideration. Asante will get more than enough opportunities to make big plays still.

And I agree about that draft. I wouldn't mind that one bit. As much as I hate FSU, I have to say that I think Brown will be a very good player in the league. Someone who will constantly get to the QB, which is exactly what we need. It saddens me to say though, that by draft day, he will be long gone by Round 2 IMO.

I don't feel the same way about Carr though, I don't think he is the focal point of that offense anymore, and I'm not sure he will ever take his game to the next level, he seems a bit too immature yet. I could be wrong, but I guess we'll see.

Last edited by thebow305 : 09-18-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Here are some of the bigger notes I saw on Parcells draft history (1st 2 rounds only) that completely contradict what you have said. Looking only at our biggest needs, WR, DB and LB.

Patriots:
Lawyer Milloy (2nd) DB
Ty Law (1st) DB
Terry Glenn (1st) WR
Kevin Lee (2nd) WR
Vincent Brisby (2nd) WR
Chris Slade (1st) LB
Wille McGinest (1st) LB
Ted Johnson (2nd) LB

Jets:
Alex Van Dyke (2nd) WR
James Farrior (1st) LB

Cowboys:
Tony Dixon (2nd) DB
Roy Williams (1st) DB
Terrence Newman (1st) DB
Antonio Bryant (2nd) WR
DeMarcus Ware (1st) LB
Kevin Burnett (2nd) LB
Bobby Carpenter (1st) LB

Not as huge a difference as most of you think. Add in the fact that our biggest needs are without a doubt at WR and DB and I could easily see him going that route.
Well, by the looks of it, he could be going any direction here. I'm just saying though that Maualuga looks like that tough-nosed big body linebacker that Parcells covets for his scheme and seems to be a match made in football heaven. Combined with the fact that we broke off contract extension talks with Crowder today, and you can understand my reasoning now I hope.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:

Patriots:
Lawyer Milloy (2nd) DB
Ty Law (1st) DB
Terry Glenn (1st) WR
Kevin Lee (2nd) WR
Vincent Brisby (2nd) WR
Chris Slade (1st) LB
Wille McGinest (1st) LB
Ted Johnson (2nd) LB

Jets:
Alex Van Dyke (2nd) WR
James Farrior (1st) LB

Cowboys:
Tony Dixon (2nd) DB
Roy Williams (1st) DB
Terrence Newman (1st) DB
Antonio Bryant (2nd) WR
DeMarcus Ware (1st) LB
Kevin Burnett (2nd) LB
Bobby Carpenter (1st) LB

Need to get your facts straight.....

For NE:

Slade was not a #1, he was picked in rd 2 in 1993 and he was overruled by ownership to pick Terry Glenn. He wanted Tony Brackens with the choice. That is the main reason he left NE after that season....

For NYJ:

He was not there for the Keyshawn/Van Dyke draft in 1996. That was the same yr he was forced into Terry Glenn for NE. He inherited both players. There would be no way he would have picked a WR #1 overall...

For Dallas:

He did not pick Roy Williams, Tony Dixon or Antonio Bryant. All were there when he got there...

His draft was the Terence Newman draft. Even for that draft he had to be talked out of Kevin Williams, the DT as the #1 pick.. Look it up..

So, you would subtract 3 WR's and 2 DB's from your total. Look at the Dallas drafts and the later drafts with the Jets if you want to see the way he builds. He is not a big fan of WR's or DB's as early picks...
Old 09-18-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:

For NE:

Slade was not a #1, he was picked in rd 2 in 1993 and he was overruled by ownership to pick Terry Glenn. He wanted Tony Brackens with the choice. That is the main reason he left NE after that season....

For NYJ:

He was not there for the Keyshawn/Van Dyke draft in 1996. That was the same yr he was forced into Terry Glenn for NE. He inherited both players. There would be no way he would have picked a WR #1 overall...

For Dallas:

He did not pick Roy Williams, Tony Dixon or Antonio Bryant. All were there when he got there...

His draft was the Terence Newman draft. Even for that draft he had to be talked out of Kevin Williams, the DT as the #1 pick.. Look it up..

So, you would subtract 3 WR's and 2 DB's from your total. Look at the Dallas drafts and the later drafts with the Jets if you want to see the way he builds. He is not a big fan of WR's or DB's as early picks...
Well, there we go. Thank for for justifying my earlier post. I still think we should take Vontae with our pick though if he is available.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:

For NE:

For NYJ:

For Dallas:

You are correct. The information I was reading had some wierd time line breaks that showed you what the teams drafted like before he got there. Very hard to read. My mistake.

Still, he took guys like Ty Law and Terence Newman and Lawyer Milloy very high in the draft and he seems to have an affinity for 2nd round WRs. It's not like he hesitates to go after top notch DBs if they can play and I can't find many of his highly drafted DBs that are busts which is a good thing.

Chris Slade was the 31st overall pick in the draft. That would be a 1st rounder by todays standards, I didn't think to look up that there weren't the same amount of picks that many years ago. But let's not get all pissy on technicalities.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
You are correct. The information I was reading had some wierd time line breaks that showed you what the teams drafted like before he got there. Very hard to read. My mistake.

Still, he took guys like Ty Law and Terence Newman and Lawyer Milloy very high in the draft and he seems to have an affinity for 2nd round WRs. It's not like he hesitates to go after top notch DBs if they can play and I can't find many of his highly drafted DBs that are busts which is a good thing.

Chris Slade was the 31st overall pick in the draft. That would be a 1st rounder by todays standards, I didn't think to look up that there weren't the same amount of picks that many years ago. But let's not get all pissy on technicalities.
His style is to go for help in the front 7 on D. However, his style in prior yrs was never to take OL in the first round and look who he took #1 this past yr. I think he is going to look at the best player and go from there, though I would expect him to go more towards the D. I would really be surprised if he looked at a WR in round 1 and even round 2 for that matter. Too bad, I am a big fan of Maclin and think he looks like a #1 receiver at the next level. Way too early to tell right now, but I still think he leans more towards front seven on D before anything else....
Old 09-18-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Well, there we go. Thank for for justifying my earlier post. I still think we should take Vontae with our pick though if he is available.
Davis is a big time talent, but I think he leans to the front seven if all things are equal.......