Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 10-20-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
They have to at least take a WR somewhere in the draft. I am holding hope right now that London is a hidden gem for us though and he can contribute big time sometime in the near future. To to mention getting Teddy Ginn on the field more!

Why would we draft a TE? Please answer me that.
I would like them to a playmaking WR, but I don't think they will use a high pick. I think if they had a QB with an arm, that Ginn would be more of a factor, but to date he has been a disappointment. As for the TE, why did Tuna take Fasano a year after drafting Witten? Same theory. He is a big fan of the TE position. I am not saying it is a screaming need, but I think he would take one if there was a good one on the board. After all, while Fasano is a nice 2 way TE, I would not call him an elite player. David Martin has played very well this year, but is getting up there in age as well.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
I would like them to a playmaking WR, but I don't think they will use a high pick. I think if they had a QB with an arm, that Ginn would be more of a factor, but to date he has been a disappointment. As for the TE, why did Tuna take Fasano a year after drafting Witten? Same theory. He is a big fan of the TE position. I am not saying it is a screaming need, but I think he would take one if there was a good one on the board. After all, while Fasano is a nice 2 way TE, I would not call him an elite player. David Martin has played very well this year, but is getting up there in age as well.
Too many needs to be picking another TE. Fasano and Martin have played well enough. We will need an upgrade to more of a playmaker in the future which would probably pushed Fasano into a 2nd string which would make us really deep and talented at the spot but this is nowhere near the time for that.

Our high picks need to go to CB, S, WR, NT, OLB, ILB and our middle picks need to go to those plus the OL. There's no sense in drafting a late round TE as we already have tons on the PS.

ZERO need to draft a TE this year. Maybe a year or two down the line when we are as deep and talented as we need to be but at this point it's a luxury we can't afford.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Too many needs to be picking another TE. Fasano and Martin have played well enough. We will need an upgrade to more of a playmaker in the future which would probably pushed Fasano into a 2nd string which would make us really deep and talented at the spot but this is nowhere near the time for that.

Our high picks need to go to CB, S, WR, NT, OLB, ILB and our middle picks need to go to those plus the OL. There's no sense in drafting a late round TE as we already have tons on the PS.

ZERO need to draft a TE this year. Maybe a year or two down the line when we are as deep and talented as we need to be but at this point it's a luxury we can't afford.
I never said there was a need to draft a TE, but Tuna's history says that if there is a good one, he will take him. The team is not close enough to winning that it has to draft for need. It is about taking the best players available.... As for the roster right now, they had no need to get a 3rd TE, but they waived Parmele to sign Joey Haynos and they have Mulligan on the practice squad. Not many teams keep that many TE's around. It is obvious that they place a high value on the position..... The Cowboys had other needs when they drafted Fasano and still took him.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
They have to at least take a WR somewhere in the draft. I am holding hope right now that London is a hidden gem for us though and he can contribute big time sometime in the near future. To to mention getting Teddy Ginn on the field more!

Why would we draft a TE? Please answer me that.
Well, Ginn finally got some opportunities this past week. Lets hope that is a trend and not an aberration...
Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Aberration
Old 11-03-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jake Long beasting it?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a penalty this week but for the most part he has been lock down.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

havent been around or free time to post up but havent missed a game (at them seems alot of empty seats this year at the stadium :( ). Or at least watching them on tv when away. Got engaged so been dealing with the wedding plans :)

This has been a heck of a year so far very impressive as hell for the team overall.

A few interesting things noticed lately:

Carey - think we can get him to a solid contract as a Right Tackle? I rather not lose a talent like him solid blocker and all and I really dont want to see us use a franchise tag on him ( would it work as a left tackle or right even then?).

Crowder - He has been playing like a monster lately, really putting up some big time hits, he is going to get paid.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c...e_the_dolphins

good write up there looks like Camarillo might get a small priced extension. I dont mind that if we can find a good number 1, I think he could be a solid slot wide reciever good hands for a reciever and steady.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
havent been around or free time to post up but havent missed a game (at them seems alot of empty seats this year at the stadium :( ). Or at least watching them on tv when away. Got engaged so been dealing with the wedding plans :)

This has been a heck of a year so far very impressive as hell for the team overall.

A few interesting things noticed lately:

Carey - think we can get him to a solid contract as a Right Tackle? I rather not lose a talent like him solid blocker and all and I really dont want to see us use a franchise tag on him ( would it work as a left tackle or right even then?).

Crowder - He has been playing like a monster lately, really putting up some big time hits, he is going to get paid.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c...e_the_dolphins

good write up there looks like Camarillo might get a small priced extension. I dont mind that if we can find a good number 1, I think he could be a solid slot wide reciever good hands for a reciever and steady.
Finfan,

Just responding because this board seems to be an embarassment lately. 3 weeks with no one posting? Crazy.

Curious to see how they play down the stretch now that the injury bug has actually hit them. Rooting hard for them to win, but the draft part of me keeps looking at their pick dropping lower and lower. I think they really need to get some young help on defense and I just hope a boatload of underclassmen come out to give us better players to draft. Looks like we will probably end up in the 15-22 range.....
Old 12-03-2008, 03:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys like Davone Bess?

I was reading your thread a little. Parcells took Fasano because he loves Jersey guys... and Weis convinced him that Fasano was the next Mark Bavaro.

I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys draft Brian Cushing in Round 1.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:25 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How do you guys like Davone Bess?

I was reading your thread a little. Parcells took Fasano because he loves Jersey guys... and Weis convinced him that Fasano was the next Mark Bavaro.

I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys draft Brian Cushing in Round 1.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/v-...ry/796521.html

Recent article about the Dolphins being pleased with Bess
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:35 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/v-...ry/796521.html

Recent article about the Dolphins being pleased with Bess
Cool. Yeah, I do think he is their Wes Welker. Funny how a lot of our posters here compared him to Welker before the draft and now these guys are saying the same thing. That's pretty cool. I'm glad Bess is taking advantage of his playing time. I knew he would be able to make it in the league.

Somewhere Ryan Grice-Mullen is wondering, why not me? Ryan was often better than Bess at UH. Definitely faster, maybe not as shifty, but both had great hands.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:22 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a heads up to dolphins fans. I know we have talked about this a ton on the cowboys board...so figured as the season draws near and cowboys start coming up for contract talks there will be some players you guys will look at.

Dallas has two guys coming up as FA's at WR....Austin/Hurd both are good guys who would be #2s in miami. If I was a betting man I'd bet that Hurd is on his way out the door...which saddens me because he never got a fair shot this year before going to IR. Hurd would have unseated Crayton as the #2 guy this training camp if not for injuries...so if you guys come away this offseason with him be happy...because he is a complete player. He is the guy that TO took under his wing when he was a Rookie....he will contribute wherever he goes if he gets a shot.

Another thing to watch for is Patrick Watkins. He has been a special teams ace in dallas and has never quite put it together as the deep safety. But when parcells ran the show he made a few plays. He also just went to IR and could be on the way out this year....probably not a starter in miami but a good special teams player to keep your eyes on.

If you guys have any Parcells drafting questions I can pretty much handle them. I went back and charted/xcel'd every parcells pick since he has been in the league. If I had to take a guess what direction you guys went at this point I think it's a safe guess to say front 7 is a strong chance...parcells usually can find players at TE/WR's later in the draft....I'm thinking you guys will go looking for a 260 stand up SOLB who has the punch to stand up a TE...yet agile enough to move to the sideline.

D mentioned Cushing...a jersey kid...I'm not sure if I see him as a fit yet...but a guy to look at...also don't discredit Parcells routes....with Groh/Weis connection in the college ranks always holds weight to Bill.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Just a heads up to dolphins fans. I know we have talked about this a ton on the cowboys board...so figured as the season draws near and cowboys start coming up for contract talks there will be some players you guys will look at.

Dallas has two guys coming up as FA's at WR....Austin/Hurd both are good guys who would be #2s in miami. If I was a betting man I'd bet that Hurd is on his way out the door...which saddens me because he never got a fair shot this year before going to IR. Hurd would have unseated Crayton as the #2 guy this training camp if not for injuries...so if you guys come away this offseason with him be happy...because he is a complete player. He is the guy that TO took under his wing when he was a Rookie....he will contribute wherever he goes if he gets a shot.

Another thing to watch for is Patrick Watkins. He has been a special teams ace in dallas and has never quite put it together as the deep safety. But when parcells ran the show he made a few plays. He also just went to IR and could be on the way out this year....probably not a starter in miami but a good special teams player to keep your eyes on.

If you guys have any Parcells drafting questions I can pretty much handle them. I went back and charted/xcel'd every parcells pick since he has been in the league. If I had to take a guess what direction you guys went at this point I think it's a safe guess to say front 7 is a strong chance...parcells usually can find players at TE/WR's later in the draft....I'm thinking you guys will go looking for a 260 stand up SOLB who has the punch to stand up a TE...yet agile enough to move to the sideline.

D mentioned Cushing...a jersey kid...I'm not sure if I see him as a fit yet...but a guy to look at...also don't discredit Parcells routes....with Groh/Weis connection in the college ranks always holds weight to Bill.
If there's one team in FA that I'm afraid of it's the Dolphins. The main reason is because I think they are the one team that will steal Marc Columbo away from us. You can have Hurd. I think Jerry will extend Austin. But I want Bill to stay away from Columbo. Heck, I don't even care if he takes Kevin Burnett (who can never stay healthy) or Tony Curtis. If you guys get Columbo that would allow you to play Vernon Carey at OG where he should be.

The Weis/Groh connection is strong, and that's why I was mystified when Parcells took Jake over Chris Long. I was shocked. Maybe Bill learned from all his past mistakes that he's simply not good finding OL later in the draft. Round 1 is a safe place to hit on a guy. Especially when you have the first pick.

thule is right about the front 7. I'd say that's a pretty safe place to start. Bill loves to credit himself with the eye to find late round gems to fill his secondary. Problem is, he has rarely hit on them... at least when he was with us. But anyone big, strong, smart with high character are the guys he likes. That's why I like Cushing for you guys. Cushing is his Bobby Carpenter pick all over again. Don't be surprised if he wants to try him out at ILB too.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If there's one team in FA that I'm afraid of it's the Dolphins. The main reason is because I think they are the one team that will steal Marc Columbo away from us. You can have Hurd. I think Jerry will extend Austin. But I want Bill to stay away from Columbo. Heck, I don't even care if he takes Kevin Burnett (who can never stay healthy) or Tony Curtis. If you guys get Columbo that would allow you to play Vernon Carey at OG where he should be.

The Weis/Groh connection is strong, and that's why I was mystified when Parcells took Jake over Chris Long. I was shocked. Maybe Bill learned from all his past mistakes that he's simply not good finding OL later in the draft. Round 1 is a safe place to hit on a guy. Especially when you have the first pick.

thule is right about the front 7. I'd say that's a pretty safe place to start. Bill loves to credit himself with the eye to find late round gems to fill his secondary. Problem is, he has rarely hit on them... at least when he was with us. But anyone big, strong, smart with high character are the guys he likes. That's why I like Cushing for you guys. Cushing is his Bobby Carpenter pick all over again. Don't be surprised if he wants to try him out at ILB too.
D-unit,

I think Tuna will definitely focus on the front seven again. I expect the dbs to be taken early (rds 2-4). But I would be really surprised to see him go db in round 1. He has only done it once (Ty Law in NE) which turned out to be a great pick. I think he would love to get a big young NT to add to his young DE's that the drafted this yr. At the end of the day, I agree with you that it will be a front 7 player. Not a big fan of Cushing personally. I would prefer more the 3-4 OLB with big time pass rush skills. I think more a guy like Brown from Florida St.

As for Columbo, how well has he played this yr? From the times I have watched Dallas this yr (only 3 or 4 games, I admit) it seems like their OL has struggled. One thing I can guarantee is that if he signs Columbo, Carey is gone. They will not pay big time money to play G for them. They have Donald Thomas coming back from injury and I expect them to draft another G early next yr.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I think Vernon Carey is out the door next year. I love Vern but he plays too soft and timid for Parcells to give him big money. Bell should be back and Crowder should as well.

I fully expect us to hit on an OLB early in this draft but I would not at all be surprised to see us going after a guy like BJ Raji in round 1. Parcells knows Ferguson is up in age. Starks has been great when he's played at DE and Soliai is not at all someone Tuna will want to keep around. He's been suspended by us twice this year already no?

I could see us going with BJ Raji in round 1. Followed by an OLB in round 2 (Clint Sintim please) and a OT with our other 2nd rounder.

Then from there on out it's CB, Safety, WR and OL heavy.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love if we came out of the first 2 rounds with Raji and Sintim and either a CB or WR. I think Sintim ends up as a late first round guy though. Raji would definitely be a great pick in the 18-20 region though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

There tends to be 1 guy I want every year.

Two years ago it was Brady Quinn.

Last year it was Vernon Gholston until some people helped me realize Jake Long was the rite pick.

This year, it's shaping up to be BJ Raji.

I do love Sintim tho as a 2nd round guy (I think he'll end up slipping there with DeSean Jackson, Phillip Merling and the handful that do every year) but I also really like Mike Mickens and Macho Harris as round 2 choices at CB and Derrick Williams/Brandon Tate was round 2 choices at WR.

I also have loved Greg Carr as a RZ threat and tall WR that could be around in round 3 or so. He feels like a Tuna pick to me. Tall, athletic, big school, productive, a tad underrated.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I'd love if we came out of the first 2 rounds with Raji and Sintim and either a CB or WR. I think Sintim ends up as a late first round guy though. Raji would definitely be a great pick in the 18-20 region though.
I agree about Sintim. I guess a TON will decide once again on which underclassmen declare. I think it is much more likely we end up with Sintim than Raji. IMO both will be first rounders so the chance to end up with both is VERY slim. Raji will probably end up going much higher than some people expect, especially after he proves to be the top DT available this year.

I would LOVE to get Brian Cushing though. He would probably be my first choice, as Everette Brown and Michael Johnson will probably be off the board before our selection and I really want an OLB with our first pick. But if he is off the board as well, I would not mind taking Cushing. Another guy to keep an eye on is Larry English, because it seems this guy is shooting up boards right now, but my money is on Sintim if it comes down to the two.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So, based on all the B.J. Raji and nose tackle talk, I'm guessig Paul Soliai has not done much for the team?
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
So, based on all the B.J. Raji and nose tackle talk, I'm guessig Paul Soliai has not done much for the team?
Been suspended twice this year and I think he has a total of 4 tackles on the season. He's a 3rd stringer and we have been forced to play Randy Starks at NT when Ferg needs a blow.

Needless to say Starks looks like a player at DE backing up Langford and Holliday but he is non-exsistant as a NT.

Bow, I want an OLB in this draft. But not in the 1st. Joey Porter is making a case for D-MVP this season, no reason to think he can't at least be solid next season. Matt Roth as also been a pleasant surprise and even Charlie Anderson has looked good lately.

We could draft one in round 2 and be fine. I'd rather sit and see if a Everette Brown/Clint Sintim/Brian Cushing/Clay Matthews falls into round 2. Then trade up to get him.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Been suspended twice this year and I think he has a total of 4 tackles on the season. He's a 3rd stringer and we have been forced to play Randy Starks at NT when Ferg needs a blow.

Needless to say Starks looks like a player at DE backing up Langford and Holliday but he is non-exsistant as a NT.

Bow, I want an OLB in this draft. But not in the 1st. Joey Porter is making a case for D-MVP this season, no reason to think he can't at least be solid next season. Matt Roth as also been a pleasant surprise and even Charlie Anderson has looked good lately.

We could draft one in round 2 and be fine. I'd rather sit and see if a Everette Brown/Clint Sintim/Brian Cushing/Clay Matthews falls into round 2. Then trade up to get him.
Ok, that's fine with me I guess, but I just feel like that's ultimately the route Parcells will want to go. And honestly, I think that is big time wishful thinking if you think someone like Cushing or especially Everette Brown to fall to the 2nd. Brown is a top 20 pick, and there is no doubt in my mind about that one. I guess there's a chance with Sintim but I expect everyone there to be LONG gone by the time we pick again in the 2nd, except maybe Matthews. What do you want with our first rounder this year, what position do you think needs to be addressed or will be addressed first? Personally, I'd love to trade up for Crabtree, because that guy is unreal, but I also wouldn't mind someone like Taylor Mays to put next to Bell back there in the deep middle. Our secondary needs a a BIG ungrade in the worst way!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 12-14-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Ok, that's fine with me I guess, but I just feel like that's ultimately the route Parcells will want to go. And honestly, I think that is big time wishful thinking if you think someone like Cushing or especially Everette Brown to fall to the 2nd. Brown is a top 20 pick, and there is no doubt in my mind about that one. I guess there's a chance with Sintim but I expect everyone there to be LONG gone by the time we pick again in the 2nd, except maybe Matthews. What do you want with our first rounder this year, what position do you think needs to be addressed or will be addressed first? Personally, I'd love to trade up for Crabtree, because that guy is unreal, but I also wouldn't mind someone like Taylor Mays to put next to Bell back there in the deep middle. Our secondary needs a a BIG ungrade in the worst way!
I doubt Everette Brown slips either. Cushing I can see falling into early round 2 along with Sintim and Matthews.

Remember Merling was a top 10 pick on most mocks as little as 2 weeks before the draft. Quentin Groves looked like a lock 1st rounder.

I can't tell you which one but I'm fairly confident at least 1 top notch OLB will drop to the 2nd in a range where we can at least deal up for him. We certainly have the firepower pick wise.

I like Mays but I don't want him in the 1st. Raji needs to be the pick IMO. Just hard to find a NT which his talent. I love Ferg but Raji is Vince Wilfork waiting to happen.

Crabtree would be nice but is a pipedream. Parcells will never take him.

I want a CB more then a safety. If we can come out of the 1st 3 rounds with something like this:

1.) BJ Raji, NT
2a.) Clint Sintim, OLB
2b.) Mike Mickens, CB
3.) Greg Carr, WR

I would be absolutely ecstatic.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
I doubt Everette Brown slips either. Cushing I can see falling into early round 2 along with Sintim and Matthews.

Remember Merling was a top 10 pick on most mocks as little as 2 weeks before the draft. Quentin Groves looked like a lock 1st rounder.

I can't tell you which one but I'm fairly confident at least 1 top notch OLB will drop to the 2nd in a range where we can at least deal up for him. We certainly have the firepower pick wise.

I like Mays but I don't want him in the 1st. Raji needs to be the pick IMO. Just hard to find a NT which his talent. I love Ferg but Raji is Vince Wilfork waiting to happen.

Crabtree would be nice but is a pipedream. Parcells will never take him.

I want a CB more then a safety. If we can come out of the 1st 3 rounds with something like this:

1.) BJ Raji, NT
2a.) Clint Sintim, OLB
2b.) Mike Mickens, CB
3.) Greg Carr, WR

I would be absolutely ecstatic.
I'd be happy with that as well. I would just assume tell you to expect the worst on draft day though if you are holding out hope for Raji. I think hewill go much sooner than anyone expects after proving he is the top DT in the draft. I see him getting selected in the early to mid teens honestly.

I think our pick will end up being Sintim or Cushing ultimately but I would not midn Raji one bit if he was there. And with the top 2 CB's likely gone by the 20's, I would like us to take a LONG look at Utah CB Sean Smith if he declares. He's my sleeper pick this year and I'm a big fan of his. Eerily similar to Asomugha when he came out.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I'd be happy with that as well. I would just assume tell you to expect the worst on draft day though if you are holding out hope for Raji. I think hewill go much sooner than anyone expects after proving he is the top DT in the draft. I see him getting selected in the early to mid teens honestly.

I think our pick will end up being Sintim or Cushing ultimately but I would not midn Raji one bit if he was there. And with the top 2 CB's likely gone by the 20's, I would like us to take a LONG look at Utah CB Sean Smith if he declares. He's my sleeper pick this year and I'm a big fan of his. Eerily similar to Asomugha when he came out.
Eh...I'm thinking Raji will last longer then people think. Not out of the 1st but certainly into the 20s.

Remember, he had academic problems already. Plus he was playing next to another top NT prospect in Ron Brace so people are gonna question how he will look without Brace there.

Plus his weight will always be a concern. I think there's enough problems to keep him into the 20-25 range.