Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
maybe shawne realizes that all his teammates are multimillionares and they dont get sparked very often.. and that he doesnt want to do thedance for the same reasons he stopped..
Eh. What's the worst that happens? The media/fans critcize him....because its not like that hasn't happened to us this season...you're a little cyncial here, I mean you call for Norv to motivate this team, but now you're saying they can't be motivated....
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Eh. What's the worst that happens? The media/fans critcize him....because its not like that hasn't happened to us this season...you're a little cyncial here, I mean you call for Norv to motivate this team, but now you're saying they can't be motivated....
merriman stopped for a reason, what your challenging is his option to stop. I cannot give you the answer you want, because im not shawne merriman, i dont know it.

and btw, i didnt call for norv to motivate the tema.. i called for motivation.. and i said norv couldnt do it..
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
merriman stopped for a reason, what your challenging is his option to stop. I cannot give you the answer you want, because im not shawne merriman, i dont know it.
What? What answer did I ask for. I speculated that if there was ever a time to bring his dance back now would be it. Do you have to be Shawne Merriman do speculate that? I know he stopped for a reason, am I challenging his decision to stop? I speculated it might motivate the team. Is that so absurd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
and btw, i didnt call for norv to motivate the tema.. i called for motivation.. and i said norv couldnt do it..
So you want motivation. And you say Norv can't do it. But you're not calling for Norv to motivate? I am so lost in your logic there. Why can't Norv be the one to motivate? Why can't Merriman be able to motivate his teammates? Are they all impossible to motivate? I am so lost here in what you want.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
What? What answer did I ask for. I speculated that if there was ever a time to bring his dance back now would be it. Do you have to be Shawne Merriman do speculate that? I know he stopped for a reason, am I challenging his decision to stop? I speculated it might motivate the team. Is that so absurd?



So you want motivation. And you say Norv can't do it. But you're not calling for Norv to motivate? I am so lost in your logic there. Why can't Norv be the one to motivate? Why can't Merriman be able to motivate his teammates? Are they all impossible to motivate? I am so lost here in what you want.

um.. well from our conversation in the past i know you to be a very easily confused person so i apologize for making it too hard to understand..

i said that what merriman does cant motivate the players .. basically because its not high school anymore players dont get riled up like that, they're all millionares... plus you know norv doesnt motivate why even ask me that.. thats just prolonging the argument..
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
um.. well from our conversation in the past i know you to be a very easily confused person so i apologize for making it too hard to understand..
i said that what merriman does cant motivate the players .. basically because its not high school anymore players dont get riled up like that, they're all millionares... plus you know norv doesnt motivate why even ask me that.. thats just prolonging the argument..
Too far.

First of all, how do you know what Merriman does doesn't motivate the team? Are you in the locker room, on the field, anything like that, to be qualified to make such a statement? Have you sat down and chatted with the team, and they told you that? No you haven't so don't state your opinion as fact.

I know Norv doesn't motivate. Which is why I don't understand why you're so opposed to someone else trying to do it. It's kind of an idiotic statement to make on your part. On one hand you complain that the players can't be motivated because theyr'e millionares (you also neglect the fact that other teams are filled wtih millionaires, who play motivated, which is a huge flaw i your argument), but then with the other you'll complain a Coach is a bad choice because he can't motivate. What does it matter how good of a motivator he is, if the players can't be motivated? Your point is ridiculous, of course they can be motivated, and how do you know what does it?

Oh you mean you don't? Then does it hurt to try something that has motivated the team in the past? I didn't think so.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Too far.

First of all, how do you know what Merriman does doesn't motivate the team? Are you in the locker room, on the field, anything like that, to be qualified to make such a statement? Have you sat down and chatted with the team, and they told you that? No you haven't so don't state your opinion as fact.

I know Norv doesn't motivate. Which is why I don't understand why you're so opposed to someone else trying to do it. It's kind of an idiotic statement to make on your part. On one hand you complain that the players can't be motivated because theyr'e millionares (you also neglect the fact that other teams are filled wtih millionaires, who play motivated, which is a huge flaw i your argument), but then with the other you'll complain a Coach is a bad choice because he can't motivate. What does it matter how good of a motivator he is, if the players can't be motivated? Your point is ridiculous, of course they can be motivated, and how do you know what does it?

Oh you mean you don't? Then does it hurt to try something that has motivated the team in the past? I didn't think so.

lol okay spin doctor let me cure your ramble-itis..

i said merrimans DANCE wont motivate the nfl players.. what he does in the locker room etc might.. who knows?

btw that huge hole, who is to say other teams play motivated? how do you know? there really isnt any guage.. so how do you know that?
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
lol okay spin doctor let me cure your ramble-itis..
Or, "I'll resort to not really answering any of your questions, while acting like an authority on the subject"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
i said merrimans DANCE wont motivate the nfl players.. what he does in the locker room etc might.. who knows?
And like I said, do you know this? Is this fact? Are you there to prove it?

Or, is it yet again your opinion, that you misconstrue for fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
btw that huge hole, who is to say other teams play motivated? how do you know? there really isnt any guage.. so how do you know that?
I think its safe to say other teams play motivated. If you will deny that, then you're really stretching to defend yourself.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Or, "I'll resort to not really answering any of your questions, while acting like an authority on the subject"



And like I said, do you know this? Is this fact? Are you there to prove it?

Or, is it yet again your opinion, that you misconstrue for fact.



I think its safe to say other teams play motivated. If you will deny that, then you're really stretching to defend yourself.
How do you know if other teams play motivated? you used your eyes?

How do i know players dont get motivated by merrimans dance, my eyes?

oh but i miscontrued my opinion as fact, and you didnt!?
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
How do you know if other teams play motivated? you used your eyes?

How do i know players dont get motivated by merrimans dance, my eyes?

oh but i miscontrued my opinion as fact, and you didnt!?
One is a common assumption and one isn't. Teams play motivated, if you're going to deny that, then you don't pay much attention. If you want me to call it speculation, fine, but that is clearly different, from saying for certian that one thing doesn't motivate the team. And if you did use your eyes, I think the opposite would hold true, that players did get fired up more often when he was doing the dance. It may not have been a direct result, but its one thing thats different from last year, when we did have intensity, and chemistry.

Just answer one question, would it make us worse then we already are playing to try it?

And no, I haven't claimed one thing I said was anything but speculation and opinion. Read my posts before you make yourself sound ignorant.

I'm not guaranteeing, or even trying to say it probably will do anything. But your guarantee it does nothing, makes you sound like your an authority on this subject, when clearly your not. I'm not either, which is why I'm just speculating...
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
One is a common assumption and one isn't. Teams play motivated, if you're going to deny that, then you don't pay much attention. If you want me to call it speculation, fine, but that is clearly different, from saying for certian that one thing doesn't motivate the team. And if you did use your eyes, I think the opposite would hold true, that players did get fired up more often when he was doing the dance. It may not have been a direct result, but its one thing thats different from last year, when we did have intensity, and chemistry.

Just answer one question, would it make us worse then we already are playing to try it?

And no, I haven't claimed one thing I said was anything but speculation and opinion. Read my posts before you make yourself sound ignorant.

I'm not guaranteeing, or even trying to say it probably will do anything. But your guarantee it does nothing, makes you sound like your an authority on this subject, when clearly your not. I'm not either, which is why I'm just speculating...

I do not believe that teams around the league play motivated, there are a very many teams that believe in 'proffessionalism' or play flat because they're losing teams... this ISNT college or highschool motivation isnt something i feel you can just assume everyone plays with.. so i seriously seriously doubt that a dance can motivate players... how the hell does it do that?!?! i watch maybe shaun phillips get excited if merriman gets a SACK but then watches merriman run AWAY from the group and celebrate BY HIMSELF.. i feel the ONLY way it motivates the other players, is because the dance energizes fans, who then cheer, and the players like that.. but its not like they wouldnt cheer the guy just made a sack..

now i watch football - a great deal - if i feel one way thats perhaps opposed to general opinion, maybe im right. Who is to say im wrong when i talk about something that CANNOT be gauaged.. i didnt call you ignorant for believing in your speculation, why do it to me?

First off, i recognize that opinions can be wrong.. but just because i dont agree with everyone else doesnt make me wrong..
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

I'm ignoring the first part of your response. You think teams dont play motivated around the leage, I do, thats not going to change no matter how we argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
now i watch football - a great deal - if i feel one way thats perhaps opposed to general opinion, maybe im right. Who is to say im wrong when i talk about something that CANNOT be gauaged.. i didnt call you ignorant for believing in your speculation, why do it to me?
You didn't imply that I was ignorant...what about this quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
um.. well from our conversation in the past i know you to be a very easily confused person so i apologize for making it too hard to understand..
....right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
First off, i recognize that opinions can be wrong.. but just because i dont agree with everyone else doesnt make me wrong..
This is the part I don't get. I didn't say you were definitely wrong, just I felt you were wrong. I said I was simply speculating that something might be able to inspire life in a team? Like, I'm not trying to sound cocky, but I don't think thats an argumnet I can lose. Not because I think I know more about sports, motivation, football, etc., but simply becuase the entire argument is 100% speculation.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I'm ignoring the first part of your response. You think teams dont play motivated around the leage, I do, thats not going to change no matter how we argue.



You didn't imply that I was ignorant...what about this quote...



....right.



This is the part I don't get. I didn't say you were definitely wrong, just I felt you were wrong. I said I was simply speculating that something might be able to inspire life in a team? Like, I'm not trying to sound cocky, but I don't think thats an argumnet I can lose. Not because I think I know more about sports, motivation, football, etc., but simply becuase the entire argument is 100% speculation.
btw nice cherry picking.. im sure if you went back and found all the times i actually said the word ignorant.. youd get maaaayyybee 1 and i got a couple hundred posts.. whereas youve said it seemingly every other post

all im saying is start respecting my opinion and leave your words out of it because im not about to start a fight

and first.. i may have given a couple bad reasons of how merrimans dance doesnt motivate the team.. supposedly.. but now its your turn.. prove that it does motivate the team.. its always easier to attack someone then it is to defend an arugment
__________________


sig by bosanac01

Last edited by Average OT LB : 09-28-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
btw nice cherry picking.. im sure if you went back and found all the times i actually said the word ignorant.. youd get maaaayyybee 1 and i got a couple hundred posts.. whereas youve said it seemingly every other post

all im saying is start respecting my opinion and leave your words out of it because im not about to start a fight

and first.. i may have given a couple bad reasons of how merrimans dance doesnt motivate the team.. supposedly.. but now its your turn.. prove that it does motivate the team.. its always easier to attack someone then it is to defend an arugment

Right, because I've been attacking you this whole time...rather then presenting my argument and you rebuff it by saying I don't get it. I already bascially said I respect your opinion, I said I'm speculating and I don't know whose right. But you want me to say it? I respect your opinion.

I don't have to prove it motivates the team anyway. I speculated it may be able to motivate the team, just like you speculated against it. The difference was that I said I'm not sure as to what it will do, whereas you stated it as fact that other teams dont play motivated, we can't be motivated becasue we have millionaire players, etc.

But fine. If I had to prove it I would indicate how much better the defense played last year, and how much better Merriman personally also played last year, while celebrating. I could also speculate that the Lights Out personna had given the defense an identity that has now been taken away. But again, I don't have to prove it. This whole thing is speculation. For someone who wants me to respect his opinion so much, you haven't done much to respect mine here....I mean unless implying that I'm ignorant and stating your opinion as fact qualifies for that.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Right, because I've been attacking you this whole time...rather then presenting my argument and you rebuff it by saying I don't get it. I already bascially said I respect your opinion, I said I'm speculating and I don't know whose right. But you want me to say it? I respect your opinion.

I don't have to prove it motivates the team anyway. I speculated it may be able to motivate the team, just like you speculated against it. The difference was that I said I'm not sure as to what it will do, whereas you stated it as fact that other teams dont play motivated, we can't be motivated becasue we have millionaire players, etc.

But fine. If I had to prove it I would indicate how much better the defense played last year, and how much better Merriman personally also played last year, while celebrating. I could also speculate that the Lights Out personna had given the defense an identity that has now been taken away. But again, I don't have to prove it. This whole thing is speculation. For someone who wants me to respect his opinion so much, you haven't done much to respect mine here....I mean unless implying that I'm ignorant and stating your opinion as fact qualifies for that.

1. okay, so two things happened at the same time.. how did one influence the other?

2. OR wade gave us an identity, which has been taken away
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
1. okay, so two things happened at the same time.. how did one influence the other?

2. OR wade gave us an identity, which has been taken away
1. Are you seriously asking for tangible proof on an intangible matter? It's like asking to prove the air exists, how do you want me to prove its there, I speculated about something. It's possible Merriman was able to influence the defense, just like it's possible he didn't. But that's just one thing that isn't here this year, that was last year. Are there most significant thigns missing? Yes, of course, but its just one thing that may be able to turn something around. Who knows? I know you don't for certain, so don't assume your correct, again.

2. That's entirely possible. I don't remember denying that. Ever. I simply suggested this might be able to spark some emotion. You then replied that its not high school football, or college football and players dont get inspired. First, I'd question if you had any NFL experience to describe the atmosphere, and if it is in fact, any different, or if there is even more emotion possibly. Then I'd question, again, how you know for certian what motivates players.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philawarepragueacago
Posts: 865
Reputation: 647
Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
1. Are you seriously asking for tangible proof on an intangible matter? It's like asking to prove the air exists, how do you want me to prove its there, I speculated about something. It's possible Merriman was able to influence the defense, just like it's possible he didn't. But that's just one thing that isn't here this year, that was last year. Are there most significant thigns missing? Yes, of course, but its just one thing that may be able to turn something around. Who knows? I know you don't for certain, so don't assume your correct, again.

2. That's entirely possible. I don't remember denying that. Ever. I simply suggested this might be able to spark some emotion. You then replied that its not high school football, or college football and players dont get inspired. First, I'd question if you had any NFL experience to describe the atmosphere, and if it is in fact, any different, or if there is even more emotion possibly. Then I'd question, again, how you know for certian what motivates players.
okay wow.. i dont know where to start.. it seems like everytime you post something its a bundle of wires all tangled together.. and i just dont have the energy to go through this one.. lets move on agree to disagree.. you are never gonna budge which has been pointed out.. and i suppose im stubborn too...

any ideas as to a new topic?
__________________


sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
okay wow.. i dont know where to start.. it seems like everytime you post something its a bundle of wires all tangled together.. and i just dont have the energy to go through this one.. lets move on agree to disagree.. you are never gonna budge which has been pointed out.. and i suppose im stubborn too...

any ideas as to a new topic?
It was actually a very straightforward response. But I'll agree to disagree.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.