Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at least one thing is for sure... The pick will be higher than 22.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
McGinnest isn't a big deal, Antwan Peek looked like an absolute beast against this past week.
I don't know how much you can expect from him. He has never done great thing since he joined the league.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn looked good against the 4th stringers. I'm not gonna go overboard, but I said before the draft that he was a better player than Russell. I just think the Raiders shot themselves in the foot and bought the hype. They should've taken CJ. But even Brady would've been better than Russell and he was also very close to being the pick.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Quinn looked good against the 4th stringers. I'm not gonna go overboard, but I said before the draft that he was a better player than Russell. I just think the Raiders shot themselves in the foot and bought the hype. They should've taken CJ. But even Brady would've been better than Russell and he was also very close to being the pick.
I agree. Russell worries me, because he's going to need to work harder to get better than Quinn. People have told me "Well, they said the same about Vince Young", well Vince Young has a good work ethic and a strong desire to win, it seems Russell has a strong desire for...money.

Although you guys definately got at least a top 16 pick because the Browns are certainly in the bottom half of the league. It really depends on when Quinn learns the new system and is ready start. Whenever that is, the team will get better.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I agree. Russell worries me, because he's going to need to work harder to get better than Quinn. People have told me "Well, they said the same about Vince Young", well Vince Young has a good work ethic and a strong desire to win, it seems Russell has a strong desire for...money.

Although you guys definately got at least a top 16 pick because the Browns are certainly in the bottom half of the league. It really depends on when Quinn learns the new system and is ready start. Whenever that is, the team will get better.
There is no way a rookie LT and rookie QB start for the Browns with no real RB and you are any better than 5-11.,, but all is possible
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haters .
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
There is no way a rookie LT and rookie QB start for the Browns with no real RB and you are any better than 5-11.,, but all is possible
Hey man I don't think there's a team in the entire league that isn't capable of going 8-8.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as good as quinn may look or be, he's still a rookie qb on an average team at best, with all the mistakes he's going to make, and the growing pains, i doubt they win more then 6 games...

they will give us a top 10 pick for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
as good as quinn may look or be, he's still a rookie qb on an average team at best, with all the mistakes he's going to make, and the growing pains, i doubt they win more then 6 games...

they will give us a top 10 pick for sure
didn't big ben go 15-0 as a starter his rookie year?

i'm not toting and horns or anything, but its possible we go 1-15 and its possible we go 12-4. either way, you guys have an extra first rnd pick next year. it doesnt really matter how good or bad we do, you guys made out. and if Quinn turns into our franchise QB, then we made out on the deal too.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all I care Quinn can be the next Peyton Manning and go on to a hall of fame career. As long as he struggles this year.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:48 AM    (permalink
artisfeces

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21 View Post

i'm not toting and horns or anything, but its possible we go 1-15 and its possible we go 12-4. either way, you guys have an extra first rnd pick next year. it doesnt really matter how good or bad we do, you guys made out. and if Quinn turns into our franchise QB, then we made out on the deal too.
Didn't ben have a great O-line infront of him and a great defense anchored by hampton, von oelhoffen, farrior, porter, bell, taylor, etc?

You all don't have near the talent the steelers had when they went on that superbowl run. You're D-line is comprised of Washington, Smith, and Roye (who is hurt). YOu need a good DL for the 3-4, and clevelands is baddd.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21 View Post

lol Ben's supporting cast was just a LITTLE bit better than what Quinn will have, I mean, he actually had RB's that could muster up 5-10 yard carries... A solid Oline, defense etc.

The Browns won't win more than 6 games, not in the AFCN. The Bengals/Steelers/Ravens are all clearly better... You'll lose at least 5 in division. It's safe to say it'll be a top 15 pick, likely top 10 but probably not top 5.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
lol Ben's supporting cast was just a LITTLE bit better than what Quinn will have, I mean, he actually had RB's that could muster up 5-10 yard carries... A solid Oline, defense etc.

The Browns won't win more than 6 games, not in the AFCN. The Bengals/Steelers/Ravens are all clearly better... You'll lose at least 5 in division. It's safe to say it'll be a top 15 pick, likely top 10 but probably not top 5.
I agree with all of this...the browns had a tough division, i cant say i can really see brady quinn, or frye for that matter beating anyone in their division more then one time with an upset...

top 5 is possible, but id say top 10 more likely...yes its possible to see any team exceed expectations, but if anyone thinks its likely a rookie qb takes the browns to more then 7 wins, your wishing pretty hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In terms of talent, we have good core, but they are just not developed. I predict that at best we do 7-9 and at worse 5-11. Though, i am not really sure that it matters because odds are we would be picking a QB next year with a top 5 pick. In the end the deal should work out well for both sides, Browns get a QB worth building around and the cowgirls get a stud (i guess Kenny Philips or Dmac (though DMac is overrated and for me ranks somewhere between AD and Ronnie Brown, anyway, i digress)).

My hope is that we pull a 49ers (or even better a Saints!!!) and ride a good OL and solid running game to a pick outside the top 10.

Best scenerio is that we give you a later pick than your own, boy wouldn't that be a bummer. haha, damn would i rub it in to.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
In terms of talent, we have good core, but they are just not developed. I predict that at best we do 7-9 and at worse 5-11. Though, i am not really sure that it matters because odds are we would be picking a QB next year with a top 5 pick. In the end the deal should work out well for both sides, Browns get a QB worth building around and the cowgirls get a stud (i guess Kenny Philips or Dmac (though DMac is overrated and for me ranks somewhere between AD and Ronnie Brown, anyway, i digress)).

My hope is that we pull a 49ers (or even better a Saints!!!) and ride a good OL and solid running game to a pick outside the top 10.

Best scenerio is that we give you a later pick than your own, boy wouldn't that be a bummer. haha, damn would i rub it in to.
Yeah! Like when we beat them in the Superbowl!(Sarcasm)
Old 09-01-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Dallas gets the first overall pick in next years draft then the trade will still BENEFIT [key word] both sides.

If we hadn't traded up for Brady Quinn, then who would we have selected in the '08 draft?

Brian Brohm, Colt Brennen, Andre Woodson, Chad Henne, John David Booty, etc...

A QB. I know from the post draft posts that many of you feel Brohm or Brennen will be better than Quinn and I really hope you remember me talking about why Quinn is better for Cleveland. We potentially got our [local] franchise QB, that fits our system, that can, and might already be the face of the franchise a year early.

Of course Dallas having 2 firsts in the upcoming draft along with getting your main target in '07 surly benefited you as well, but this isn't as lopsided as so many people seem to believe.

Lastly on the Browns pick. "On any given Sunday..." is the saying. Anything can happen "on any given Sunday."

We did upgrade the offseason:

Spent the #3 pick in the draft on Thomas, bribed Steinbach from across Ohio, Bentley rehabbing way ahead of schedule and maybe not being able to play/start still have the above-average Fraley. Mickinney a year removed from injury, and our starting RT was last year's LT that only allowed 3.5sacks while blocking the entire left side [Andruzzi, our LG from the previous season was cut]. That's a major upgrade in our Offensive line.

Jamal Lewis > Ruben Droughns. The very durable Jamal Lewis went on a diet and lost 10-15 lbs, got his ankle spurs fixed and is looking like a main with a chip on his shoulder looking for a payday [only signed a one year contract]. Phil Savage promised him we would dedicate running the ball, and with our new offensive line and ****** play from our QB's, we should run the ball hard and often. Lewis is a MAJOR upgrade for us, and in the AFC North, Ohio's weather on the lake, you need to be able to run [which we couldn't last year, AT ALL!]. SI while in our camp was so impressed on Lewis, they put him on the cover of their Fantasy Issue. Lewis didn't even make SI's cover when he ran for over 200 yards against us or 2000 in a season....

We were a team last year that had some pieces and showed flashes of greatness. We only helped with the additions we added. We are a team that lost over a half dozen games by a touchdown in '06. By no means did we fix all of our problems in one offseason but we made huge strides. We are one of those teams that play in one of those divisions where you don't know what the hell will happen.

We may lose just as many, but we aren't going to be that team that everyone circles as the automatic win either.

Anyways, good luck and why do so many people want Darren McFadden with the potentially high pick we are giving you? The tandem of Jones and Barber seems to work nicely.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well PIT is up 17-0 on CLE right now. So far so good.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

All of a sudden all the justification from their fans of such an optimistic season is out the window.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15-1, calling it
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

We're up 34-7 on Cleveland Boyz congrats Dallas. Looks like Romeo gets to play musical chairs with his QB's all year long lol. Congrats on getting Darren McFadden to replace Julius Jones.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Cleveland to plan.

Philly to plan.

On DC did not cooperate.

So far .... so good.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Cleveland to plan.

Philly to plan.

On DC did not cooperate.

So far .... so good.
When in the hell did Shusiam become a solid kicker? I was for sure he would choke on that one.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
When in the hell did Shusiam become a solid kicker? I was for sure he would choke on that one.

Have to say the following, some guys melt under Parcells eyes. Just can't do it. Maybe Suisham is that kind.

With that said BP always said Kickers are so bizarre b/c it seems that many stink and then all of a sudden a light goes off in their heads and they are fine for a few years until they hiccup again.

Maybe the light went off in Suisham head. Still think Folk is better than Suisham.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
All of a sudden all the justification from their fans of such an optimistic season is out the window.

#1 Pick, trade rights to Atlanta or KC for two 1s and a second rounder.

2 #1 in 2008 Draft plus two #2
2 #1 in the 2009 Draft plus one #2.

We get a top 5 picks in 2008 and 2009 drafts.

We go to the playoffs and get really strong going into 2010.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Suisham has been money ever since he left Dallas lol. Gibbs has confidence in him too I guess, going for a 40 yard kick on 1st and 10.