Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Remember tho 3 of those losses came from us.
Also a fair point.

SOS does not wash itself out till mid season.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Sure we have talent. Who says we don't. I never had.

I never said our draft picks this last year where not talented. Quite the contrary.

I said they where the wrong players for our needs. I said they would not see much playing time other than Folk (by virtue of making the team) and Spencer (by virtue of injury).

I also said we had some holes to fill (NT, CB, WR and Safety). And low and behold we still have those same holes. Even worse, we got injuries where SURPRISE we knew we where old.

But as usual you miss the central point to score stupid points. I don't think I have ever met someone so willfully ignorant in my posting days.

You are just real dense and love to twist around things to try and do "gotcha."

You should be a Congressman or Senator or something. You have the perfect level of mediocre intellect and the perfect say-nothing mindset.

Well, your the expert I'm just trying to catch on. You said after watching us in the preseason we would go 9-7. You said our D-line sucked, D-ware has problems using his hands, our F.S. is really a S.S. our S.S. sucks, our O-line is weak BIGG was a bad F.A. pickup, Romo has problems with his mechanics you hated our draft, "Jerrah" cant build a team....I could go on and on about all the B.S. youve thrown out about how bad this team is and how you would/could do a better job. We win our first game and all you could do the next days is scream at the top of your lungs ROY WILLIAMS SUCKS. No joy in the win just wanted to point out what you believe to be true. 3-0 now which means by your reasoning and calculations we only have 6 more to go. You do have good points at times even had a few today but when your on a "fan" board and you say this team/owner/certain players suck then your going to hear about it when your wrong. What happens if/when we go to the Superbowl then what? "Jerrah" still cant build a team? I know were not a perfect team. I know were not going undefeated. I know we need upgrades at certain positions but until those upgrades come I choose to root for the guys we have whereas you just want to harp on how stupid the front office is. Just a bad way to be a fan IMO but I guess thats your deal.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Well, your the expert I'm just trying to catch on. You said after watching us in the preseason we would go 9-7.
I have a post on a thread with my predictions. Go read.

Quote:
You said our D-line sucked
Not quite, please go search. I said the DEs where the key to the team and as of yet they are not very good.

Quote:
, D-ware has problems using his hands
Still does.

Quote:
, our F.S. is really a S.S. our S.S. sucks,
Roy does suck and Hamlin is a better SS prospect. WHat is there to disprove this?

Quote:
our O-line is weak BIGG was a bad F.A. pickup,
Complete fabrication on your part.

Quote:
Romo has problems with his mechanics
Footwork. Still does. Has not cost us a thing so far thank fully.

Quote:
you hated our draft,
Still do. See those injuries to NT and CB?? See all those developmental guys no really contributing?

Quote:
"Jerrah" cant build a team....
Proven fact. He destroys teams. He needs a real strong Coach GM type to bail him out of his dumb impulses.

Quote:
I could go on and on about all the B.S. youve thrown out
Where is the BS?

Quote:
about how bad this team is
I said playoffs and I think 10-6. Complete fabrication by you AGAIN.

Quote:
and how you would/could do a better job.
Huh? Are you completely fabricating things? Where did I say I was a professional GM or Coach. All I said is Jerrah is not a professional GM. I said he is a great owner.

Quote:
We win our first game and all you could do the next days is scream at the top of your lungs ROY WILLIAMS SUCKS.
And he still does. See that game tying catch and run combo in Chicago? Roy totally sucks.

Quote:
No joy in the win just wanted to point out what you believe to be true.
And it is true. Where have I been wrong per se? The onyl pleasant surprise has been Bradie James and Nick Folk. The rest of the guys I dump on still suck.

Quote:
3-0 now which means by your reasoning and calculations we only have 6 more to go.
Only 19% done. Pray for 16-0. I think I predicted 10-6. Again I need to check my predicition in the official thread.

Quote:
You do have good points at times even had a few today but when your on a "fan" board and you say this team/owner/certain players suck then your going to hear about it when your wrong.
Wrong, me. Please find.

Quote:
What happens if/when we go to the Superbowl then what? "Jerrah" still cant build a team?
Hey Jerrah got credit for 1995 and he had nothing to do with it. He signs the check. That is his best move.

But I will bring up the rapid downfall of a team eveyone felt could have won another 2-3 Superbowls. At time of 1995 that team still had all their great players under 28.

Quote:
I know were not a perfect team. I know were not going undefeated. I know we need upgrades at certain positions but until those upgrades come I choose to root for the guys we have whereas you just want to harp on how stupid the front office is. Just a bad way to be a fan IMO but I guess thats your deal.
I root for them. Every Sunday baby. Grow up.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

POCKET HERE IS WHAT I ACTUALLY PREDICTED ....... READ BEFORE MAKING THINGS UP.... GOT PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ERROR ............

- Spears will be demoted for Hatcher by Year End. NT of the future.
- Roy Williams will stink up the pass defense and significantly contribute to 2 losses.
- Bradie will play better because he will not be asked to play zone as much.
- Hatcher will have a break out year. Richard Seymouresque.
- Carpenter will be our starting SOLB by year end. No ifs and or buts.
- If healthy, Burnett will either push Bradie or Ayodele out of a job by year's end.
- Ware will get 15 sacks
- Jones or Reeves will pleasantly surprise
- Henry and Newman will be fine
- Hamlin will be here one year. Watkins takes over unless Mr Phillips comes our way as Scott predicts.

- Romo will have a Pro Bowl season but will make some killer turnovers. Hopefully they all occur the same game Roy gets burned and we get all our losses out of way in bad blow-outs.
- TO will have a worse numbers but less drops.
- Austin or Hurd will take over for Glenn.
- Witten will not go to the ProBowl b/c Fasano is going to take away catches and touchdowns (Anthony is my sleeper). Witten is still great.
- We will be a much better running team with Bigg.
- We will not be a much better pass protecting team with Bigg
- Flo or Colombo are both gone at year's end, or both.
- Julius is gone by year's end. Another 4.1 yards per carry season with 200 carries and 3-4 TDs.
- Marion Barber will get more than half the carries and ALL THE GLORY. Big contract coming.

Overall
- 10-6, Wild Card Win, Lose on the road.
- Cleveland gives us the first pick in the draft. They will really suck.
- Jerry trades our #1 for someone who needs Brian Brohm. We get their #1, next years #1 plus a Second Rounder.
- With our two 1s we get some combination of McFadden/Slaton/Stewart (RB) and Long/Baker/Cherilis (LT) or Kenny Phillips (S)
- With our two 2nd round picks we go Ellis/Okam (NT) and Cason/Bowman (CB).
Old 09-27-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again I prove you wrong...

Regardless, after last night and unfortunately seeing some of the same issues on D from last year .... 9-7.

What Dave Kingman was to 1970s clean-up hitters, Roy Williams is to SS in the 2000s.

A one tool player (power) who strikes out too much, has a poor average, is slow and can barely play 1B.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Once again I prove you wrong...

Regardless, after last night and unfortunately seeing some of the same issues on D from last year .... 9-7.

What Dave Kingman was to 1970s clean-up hitters, Roy Williams is to SS in the 2000s.

A one tool player (power) who strikes out too much, has a poor average, is slow and can barely play 1B.

LOL. You buffoon. I also said in the same thread 11-5. It was after the second and third pre-season games.

MY FINAL PREDICTION WAS IN THE THREAD FOR FINAL PREDICTIONS. IT WAS BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON.

Once again you prove you are a moron with selective memory and no capacity to think beyond "monosyllabic thoughts."

God, just leave me alone please. I hate these discussions with you.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
LOL. You buffoon. I also said in the same thread 11-5. It was after the second and third pre-season games.

MY FINAL PREDICTION WAS IN THE THREAD FOR FINAL PREDICTIONS. IT WAS BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON.

Once again you prove you are a moron with selective memory and no capacity to think beyond "monosyllabic thoughts."

God, just leave me alone please. I hate these discussions with you.
Yeah I'm sure you do because you always look foolish. I guess if you predict 11-5, 10-6, AND 9-7 you might get one of them right....what a moron.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

If you want proof of being wrong here you go....

There is only ONE spot we are better than last year -- RG.

FS/Hamlin I will hold judgement on. WRONG

1. Roy Williams will give up 8 TDs maybe
2. Ware will get 16 Sacks doubtful
3. Romo will not go to the Pro-Bowl ummmm o.k.
4. Carpenter will be Pro-Bowl alternate ummmm o.k.

Take a look at it closely. It is a major problem.

He has a good arm but not Elway/Russell/Favre.

His release point has his mid-section going backwards while his shoulders go forward.

Net net -- he is not following through on his pitches to use a baseball term.

Yeah Romo looks like crap...I could go on and on but its like kicking a dead horse. You spew alot of crap on here about being all knowing but as you can see you might not know all you think you do.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Rob was all over Romo about how bad he looked, and on and on...i remember that going on for some time, but since Romo looks great he just forgets he ever said any of it...he's right some of the time, wrong some time just like others, but he acts as if everything he says is facts and gets upset when the team doesnt do something he thinks we should do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea Rob was all over Romo about how bad he looked, and on and on...i remember that going on for some time, but since Romo looks great he just forgets he ever said any of it...he's right some of the time, wrong some time just like others, but he acts as if everything he says is facts and gets upset when the team doesnt do something he thinks we should do
That's true. Rob was all over Romo, his throwing motion, bad footwork and late season collapse.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does someone have to do to get banned around here? That name calling bit was a bit over the line, wouldn't you say?

Anyways, what are people's thoughts about the range this pick will land (to get back on topic)? That Bengal win was totally uncalled for, and we can't afford too many of those this season. If I had to name an exact position I think it would land right now, I would probably say 8th. But the range I'm seeing right now is 6th-11th. This is a really bad Browns team, but they have just enough on offense that they could pull out the occasional win against bad-mediocre teams.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
What does someone have to do to get banned around here? That name calling bit was a bit over the line, wouldn't you say?

Anyways, what are people's thoughts about the range this pick will land (to get back on topic)? That Bengal win was totally uncalled for, and we can't afford too many of those this season. If I had to name an exact position I think it would land right now, I would probably say 8th. But the range I'm seeing right now is 6th-11th. This is a really bad Browns team, but they have just enough on offense that they could pull out the occasional win against bad-mediocre teams.

I think we get a top 5 pick. If you look at their schedule I see 3 more wins max.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
If you want proof of being wrong here you go....

There is only ONE spot we are better than last year -- RG. FS/Hamlin I will hold judgement on. WRONG

1. Roy Williams will give up 8 TDs maybe
2. Ware will get 16 Sacks doubtful
3. Romo will not go to the Pro-Bowl ummmm o.k.
4. Carpenter will be Pro-Bowl alternate ummmm o.k.

Take a look at it closely. It is a major problem.

He has a good arm but not Elway/Russell/Favre.

His release point has his mid-section going backwards while his shoulders go forward. Net net -- he is not following through on his pitches to use a baseball term.

Yeah Romo looks like crap...I could go on and on but its like kicking a dead horse. You spew alot of crap on here about being all knowing but as you can see you might not know all you think you do.
I never said Romo looks like crap and some of the sutff there you just made up from thin air. You really are an idiot.

Again go to the thread on predictions. It is all there.

Whatever else you are fabricating or pulling out of context is just that.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 09-28-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's true. Rob was all over Romo, his throwing motion, bad footwork and late season collapse.
I said he was not following through and it is a problem. Don't let 3-0 fool you.

With regard to last season, you trying to tell me his ball security was not a problem?

His throwing was not a problem in Seattle?

You guys must be blind.

With that said, I neve said he was crap or anything similar. In fact I said he goes to the Pro Bowl this year.

But let us ignore what I actually did predict to spout off whatever nonsense comes into our little brains.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post

Like to point out baiting people, lying about what they wrote, and sending inflamatory private emails also is a no-no but you seem to be a ok with that since you do it.

If banning folks start with you and pocketaces for habitually doing what I wrote above.

What hypocrites.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

I didnt make anything up. This is your post:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Roy Williams will give up 8 TDs
2. Ware will get 16 Sacks
3. Romo will not go to the Pro-Bowl
4. Carpenter will be Pro-Bowl alternate
5. D-Unit's 10 points are all correct

******* Right there in black and white it says ROMO WILL NOT GO TO THE PRO-BOWL. You just spew so much crap you dont even remember what you say. You said Romo's mechanics were a serious concern and now your saying dont let 3-0 fool you. Your such a joke, can NEVER admit when your wrong and then deny writing stuff when proven otherwise. I'm sure when he has a bad game (and he will) you'll be the first one on here saying how right you are. You might have wrote in another thread that Romo will go to the pro bowl just like you wrote we will go 11-5, 10-6, 9-7. You can never be wrong if you throw out a prediction and then throw out the exact opposite on another post. Just man up and admit your wrong about Romo and this team and I'll let it go. You have to admit theres no way you thought we would go into Chicago and blow them out. Much less being 3-0 and probably 5-0 heading into our game with New England. Like I said you would rather see us lose to prove a point than to see us win. Just a bad fan imo.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

More Romo...

Quote:

Hard to win a Super Bowl IN SPITE of your QB. Just hard, not impossible.

I only hope Tony realizes all the "postive" stuff he hears everyday is not reality once you start to compete.

The fact his mechanics and pocket presence has seemingly not improved since last season says something to me which is bothersome.

So we can spin all we want but if he looks All Pro one game (which he can) and throws 4 INT and fumbles twice the next ..... that is a .500 team at best..

Old 09-28-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

even more...

I just want to point out something I have been ripped for saying ..

Courtesy ESPN via the Dallas News from a Pro Scout >>>>> Tony Romo is the weakness. I'm not sure he’s the answer. He played well when he replaced Drew Bledsoe because teams didn't know how to defend against him and because he was making simple throws. But during the last four to five weeks of the season, he couldn’t make the plays his team needed him to make. He looked like Rex Grossman, throwing off his back foot. They do have some weapons for him, and they've got a good defense, so his mistakes won't be magnified until the playoffs.

Now, I like Romo but he does throw off his back foot too much and the comparison to a mistake prone Grossman is not that crazy.

Give up yet?
Old 09-28-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

This is what I wrote in the Your Points Thread..... it was the final prediction going into 2007.....

09-06-2007, 02:35 AM #10
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Spears will be demoted for Hatcher by Year End. NT of the future.
- Roy Williams will stink up the pass defense and significantly contribute to 2 losses.
- Bradie will play better because he will not be asked to play zone as much.
- Hatcher will have a break out year. Richard Seymouresque.
- Carpenter will be our starting SOLB by year end. No ifs and or buts.
- If healthy, Burnett will either push Bradie or Ayodele out of a job by year's end.
- Ware will get 15 sacks
- Jones or Reeves will pleasantly surprise
- Henry and Newman will be fine
- Hamlin will be here one year. Watkins takes over unless Mr Phillips comes our way as Scott predicts.

- Romo will have a Pro Bowl season but will make some killer turnovers. Hopefully they all occur the same game Roy gets burned and we get all our losses out of way in bad blow-outs.
- TO will have a worse numbers but less drops.
- Austin or Hurd will take over for Glenn.
- Witten will not go to the ProBowl b/c Fasano is going to take away catches and touchdowns (Anthony is my sleeper). Witten is still great.
- We will be a much better running team with Bigg.
- We will not be a much better pass protecting team with Bigg
- Flo or Colombo are both gone at year's end, or both.
- Julius is gone by year's end. Another 4.1 yards per carry season with 200 carries and 3-4 TDs.
- Marion Barber will get more than half the carries and ALL THE GLORY. Big contract coming.

Overall
- 10-6, Wild Card Win, Lose on the road.
- Cleveland gives us the first pick in the draft. They will really suck.
- Jerry trades our #1 for someone who needs Brian Brohm. We get their #1, next years #1 plus a Second Rounder.
- With our two 1s we get some combination of McFadden/Slaton/Stewart (RB) and Long/Baker/Cherilis (LT) or Kenny Phillips (S)
- With our two 2nd round picks we go Ellis/Okam (NT) and Cason/Bowman (CB).

Lots to get wrong but if you ask me it is the "Postive Stuff" I will get wrong -- Hatcher, Carp to name a few.

With respect to Roy -- he already has contributed negatively to giving up 4 TDs. so........... 3 Passing TDs to the Jints and the Chicago TD.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
even more...

I just want to point out something I have been ripped for saying ..

Courtesy ESPN via the Dallas News from a Pro Scout >>>>> Tony Romo is the weakness. I'm not sure he’s the answer. He played well when he replaced Drew Bledsoe because teams didn't know how to defend against him and because he was making simple throws. But during the last four to five weeks of the season, he couldn’t make the plays his team needed him to make. He looked like Rex Grossman, throwing off his back foot. They do have some weapons for him, and they've got a good defense, so his mistakes won't be magnified until the playoffs.

Now, I like Romo but he does throw off his back foot too much and the comparison to a mistake prone Grossman is not that crazy.

Give up yet?
And how is what I wrote off? How is what the Scout wrote off?

Did you read what the Scout said on Romo "so his mistakes won't be magnified until the playoffs."

Or for that matter what I wrote "Now, I like Romo." ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must think the Cowboys are perfect b/c it is clear that any critique is just wrong b/c we are 3-0. Any critique of Romo is wrong because he has played well.

READING COMPREHENSION. Learn it. love it.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
More Romo... Quote: Hard to win a Super Bowl IN SPITE of your QB. Just hard, not impossible.
Can u esplane what is wrong with this quote??

Quote:
I only hope Tony realizes all the "postive" stuff he hears everyday is not reality once you start to compete.
And I am wrong because?????????????

Quote:
The fact his mechanics and pocket presence has seemingly not improved since last season says something to me which is bothersome.
Well, I will admit his pocket presence is better in the three games this regular season. Still a long way to go on the other stuff.

Quote:
So we can spin all we want but if he looks All Pro one game (which he can) and throws 4 INT and fumbles twice the next ..... that is a .500 team at best...
And I am wrong because????????????? All this is saying is Romo can't be as mistake prone as late last year and expect much. So far, few mistakes.

Again, all you are pointing out is that I am not a sunshine and happy go lucky guy. I am critical and analytical.

Still does not make my opinions or advice wrong.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Whatever, comparing Romo to Rex is Idiotic and is not even close to a fair comparaison. You made the point of posting that article because that's what you believe and you were looking for someone to back you up. Your totally wrong about Romo (and this team) but will never admit it. You wont even give "Jerrah" credit for his great hire in Garrett. But hey its all good everybody knows what you are and what you stand for, you've been proven wrong time and time again. Just keep on hatin, that's what you do best.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

On You: Pocketaces, grow up. Being critical and skeptical comes with maturity. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Sitting around rooting for what you want without critically evaluating all aspects of what that is --- it is infantile.

One Me: I know what I write and the context of my comments. Reading Comprehension is not your strong suit. You need to learn to put concepts together in order to understand arguments. Not just pull a sentence out of someone's thoughts and then reverse engineer what you want to argue.

That is what you do. You pick out one idea in a logical arguement and then build a completely unrelated strawman to unnecesarily arue irrelevant points.

On Players: I love Romo but he has room to improve. We will see it versus the better Defense, and in poor weather places, over time -- the flaws that is. Give it time. I love the kid. I love the team. I think we have some fatal playoff flaws. Only time will tell.

Good night.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On You: Pocketaces, grow up. Being critical and skeptical comes with maturity. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Sitting around rooting for what you want without critically evaluating all aspects of what that is --- it is infantile.

One Me: I know what I write and the context of my comments. Reading Comprehension is not your strong suit. You need to learn to put concepts together in order to understand arguments. Not just pull a sentence out of someone's thoughts and then reverse engineer what you want to argue.

That is what you do. You pick out one idea in a logical arguement and then build a completely unrelated strawman to unnecesarily arue irrelevant points.

On Players: I love Romo but he has room to improve. We will see it versus the better Defense, and in poor weather places, over time -- the flaws that is. Give it time. I love the kid. I love the team. I think we have some fatal playoff flaws. Only time will tell.

Good night.
Brett Favre has fatal flaws too, but he somehow has turned into one of the best QB's of all time.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

UMMM better Defenses like Chicago? Again you say all kinds of crap, get quoted on it, get proven wrong (not just by me) and you throw out alot of jibberish in a feeble attempt to not look bad/silly/just plain ignorant. Nice back peddling on Romo. During the preseason he had all kinds of flaws, now you love him. No pocket presance, throws off his back foot, yada yada yada. Now because hes been so good we have to wait until we play the "better" Defenses....What a joke!