Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
damn... I was thinking Chiefs. My bad.

And they already had pace. they re-signed him.
Pace was injured for half of 2006. So in a sense, they're adding him.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Pace was injured for half of 2006. So in a sense, they're adding him.
no, it's a re-signing... he had a contract, got a new one.
that's re-signing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
no, it's a re-signing... he had a contract, got a new one.
that's re-signing.
He's making the point that Jackson was running behind an OL without Pace for half the year last year (he missed 8 games with injury). This year, he's going to have a healthy Pace in front of him, so it's essentially like they are "adding" him.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
jackson is easily a top 3 back, but 2500 APyds is pretty rediculous. could definitely see him getting more than 2000 this year though.
You're aware he had 2334 yards from scrimmage last year, right? I think he's already reached "ridiculous" level. 2000 should be expected at this point, and would likely be the result of an injury or diminished role in the passing game. I see no predictable reason to think he'll regress statistically.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll shave all the hair off my body if he does it.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post

you will shave your only ball hair?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone needs to put this in their sig so that if Jackson does break 2500, this is remembered.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2500 i could see him getting in total yards although it would be pretty dam tuff for him to pull it off. 2500 rushing yards forget about it no way in hell, theres a reason a number of people have hit 2000 but no one goes far over it
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
you will shave your only ball hair?
Nope, all of it.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope, all of it.
For the love of God don't proved proof!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
For the love of God don't proved proof!
Knowing Yoda, we're going to see it.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
You're aware he had 2334 yards from scrimmage last year, right? I think he's already reached "ridiculous" level. 2000 should be expected at this point, and would likely be the result of an injury or diminished role in the passing game. I see no predictable reason to think he'll regress statistically.
honestly, when someone has a season like SJack had last year, there is every year to think he might regress statisically. Now im a big fan of Jackson and think hes a great player, but the level he played at last year is very hard to sustain, especially on the receiving end. Now I feel like Jackson has the talent to sustain that level of production and maybe improve it, he could get 2500 or more total yards, could rush for 2000...But to act like theres no reason to think his production might slip is kinda ridiculous because the simple fact that he's coming off a great season like his makes him a candidate to slip....only the best players can actually sustain that kind of production, and those players go on to be HOFers....but there are tons of players who have great seasons but just cant keep it up for whatever reason....injuries, supporting cast, lack of talent, lack of motivation, league figures em out, conflict with coach, scheme change that hurts em.....whatever the reason might be, its just a lot of players that cant keep it up....thats why people like Steven Jackson and Frank Gore arent done proving themselves yet.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
honestly, when someone has a season like SJack had last year, there is every year to think he might regress statisically. Now im a big fan of Jackson and think hes a great player, but the level he played at last year is very hard to sustain, especially on the receiving end. Now I feel like Jackson has the talent to sustain that level of production and maybe improve it, he could get 2500 or more total yards, could rush for 2000...But to act like theres no reason to think his production might slip is kinda ridiculous because the simple fact that he's coming off a great season like his makes him a candidate to slip....only the best players can actually sustain that kind of production, and those players go on to be HOFers....but there are tons of players who have great seasons but just cant keep it up for whatever reason....injuries, supporting cast, lack of talent, lack of motivation, league figures em out, conflict with coach, scheme change that hurts em.....whatever the reason might be, its just a lot of players that cant keep it up....thats why people like Steven Jackson and Frank Gore arent done proving themselves yet.
I agree. Which is why I said I see no predictable reason why he would regress. There's nothing to base the prediction on at this point. No tangible reason to believe that a young player such as himself on an improving team will regress statistically. However, I'd definitely agree that the odds are against him to reach 2500. There are so many things that need to go right for that to happen. The biggest thing being that he needs to stay healthy for the entire year. But there's no reason to believe that he won't. No reason to believe that his role in the offense will diminish. No reason to believe that he won't have improved as a running back. No reason to believe the Rams OL will be any worse than last year. But I agree that there is a very real chance that something will go wrong. There are so many variables that it would be tough to make it through an entire season without some kind of hindrance to his stats. But hey, I think we all can agree that the sky is the limit for him heading into the season.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't Jackson make a prediction like this every year? Or am I thinking of someone else?

If Jackson gets 1800 rushing yards, I'll be very impressed. If he catches for 700 yards, I'll be impressed. But doing both...I don't think he can do it. Last year was his first year carrying the full load, but he's trying to improve on excellence.

Steven Jackson is a great running back, but he's not Marshall Faulk.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

agreed sir
Old 08-12-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Packers-Cardinals
Rookie

Packers-Cardinals needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Nope, all of it.
I think you should should get ready to shave your body hair. Steven Jackson only needs 166 more yards from scrimmage than he did last year to get to 2500 yards. In my opinion, Jackson is the second best running back in the league behind LaDainian Tomlinson.

And I think you should put up a picture to show you shaved your body hair.
Packers-Cardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Of course I'd love for him to do it, he is the running back of my favorite team, so if he does, I will shave all my body hair.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i believe he wont because, the Rams have a high powered O, and can rack up yards through the air. They also have a VERY good backup in leonard(yea, ima homer, not the 1st time, not the last). but with Leonard, they can keep Jackson fresh and not have him take a huge beating. they also want him healthy for the playoffs, as they will win the NFC West.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course I'd love for him to do it, he is the running back of my favorite team, so if he does, I will shave all my body hair.
Again don't proved proof, I beg you!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every year someone makes a statement like this. I think last year Gore said he wanted to break some record and so did LJ, but I could be mistaken.

He already had pretty close to 2500 total yards last year, it could happen, but to break Marshall's record that he obtained during that insanely good offense of course seems very unlikely.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

total yards wouldnt be so hard but rushing yards overall thats a far fetched goal there.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see him pull it off.

But I can't see him doing it against the AFC North and the NFC South..

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Ok, first of all no one is ever going to rush for 2500 yards. That would be completely insane, and I don't think anyone could survive getting the kind of carries it would take to do that. Jackson's goal is 2500 all-purpose yards. His thinking is that he will not get as many receptions this season, but feels he can increase his yards per catch. I would obviously not be opposed to him reaching this goal because that means the Rams are a virtual lock to make the playoffs, but I don't want him to be run into the ground like a certain other running back that resides in the great state of Missouri.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
total yards wouldnt be so hard but rushing yards overall thats a far fetched goal there.
Wait, what? Total yards wouldn't be that hard to do? You mean breaking a record set by Marshall Faulk, by about 80 yards won't be that hard?

And it is total yards, no one will ever hit 2500 rushing yards, unless someone decides to extend the season a couple games.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Packers-Cardinals
Rookie

Packers-Cardinals needs more cowbell.

If Steven Jackson hits 2,500 total yards, how much money do you think he's worth?
Packers-Cardinals is offline   Reply With Quote