Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-13-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) That thing with the girl fell through. Plus I wanted to save my money for this apartment. She's now dating one of my best friends, haha.

2) I'm a Sophomore at Heartland Community College, playing soccer here for one season then transferring up to Columbia College in Chicago.

My roommate is gonna hold back on the drinking during the season (we'll see how long that lasts) so we probably won't start hosting parties for a while, and if we do have people over it'll be small stuff. I'm not a huge drinker, so that won't be a problem for me for now, but I imagine things will pick up pretty quick.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Seems completely unreasonable to expect a teenager to have the ability to raise $160,000 in 4 years. No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.
Typically, at schools like that it's the mother and father's money, scholarship or grant money. However, you would be surprised how many banks give out loans to pay for that much tuition.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea my parents pay for mine---tuition, my house, books, and food money (dont have off campus meal plan)

theres also financial aid and grants----i dont know anything about that stuff; i let my parents take care of that

anything else---gas, video games, pay per views, spending money--parties, clubs, etc is on me
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Sweetness post pics if you can.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I live in a house with 4 other dudes. It's pretty sweet cause we're about a mile from campus, and there's a decent gas station/qwiki mart across the street from our neighborhood. The guys that work there are pretty cool but i swear they are running a drug ring and/or gambling ring in the back. There's also quite a few hotties that live by us.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
What's Your Major?

Also, debt is a ***** i got a substantial scholarship for undergrad but, it'll probably be a year or two until i pay off law school. Getting my car was really hard because my credit pretty bad.
sport managment but i kinda regret getting into it because the cost of school is so high and alot of the jobs you get for sport management dont pay too much. but i have some good connections, and ill be looking to get into a intership next summer. networking is your biggest tool.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do Americans afford that? Seems completely unreasonable to expect a teenager to have the ability to raise $160,000 in 4 years. No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.
Like someone else mentioned, it's either your parents pay for a lot of it (if not all of it) or you get scholarships. My sister went to UM (42,000) and got about 25 a year from scholarships and then got either loans or worked study. My brother's at Vanderbilt (43,000?) and he's gotten everything paid for since he's been there (actually getting $50,000) this year.

I'm moving into my apartment on Friday. Pretty excited, pretty much the same thing that Sweetness has (fully furnished, etc).

Also about the interest free student loans it's need based at UCF, so yes some places do have interest free loans, until you get out of school.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

correct me if im wrong, but at some schools, dont you have to pay for your fball and bball tix? i know here at wvu, its a lottery type thing, you submit your name on monday, and they let you know wednesday if you get a ticket (its all done online); there loyalty points---like freshman start out at 0, soph 1, etc; and for every fball game and bball game you go to you get a point, and thats how many chances you get; im a soph and got tix to every game last year

and theres no athletic fee in tution, so its free to go to the game; i wish it was first come first serve

the only good thing is if i dont get tix, my dad has season tix, so i get one if i dont get a student ticket
Old 08-13-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.
The federal government will gladly lend it to ya.

Anyways, apartments, duplexes, and townhouses suck for college. A real house is the way to go with a couple other people is the way to go. With that being said , I'll be living in an apartment in Rome a mile away from the Vatican in two weeks. I'm pretty excited to see some Italian girls.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 08-13-2007 at 01:25 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
correct me if im wrong, but at some schools, dont you have to pay for your fball and bball tix? i know here at wvu, its a lottery type thing, you submit your name on monday, and they let you know wednesday if you get a ticket (its all done online); there loyalty points---like freshman start out at 0, soph 1, etc; and for every fball game and bball game you go to you get a point, and thats how many chances you get; im a soph and got tix to every game last year

and theres no athletic fee in tution, so its free to go to the game; i wish it was first come first serve

the only good thing is if i dont get tix, my dad has season tix, so i get one if i dont get a student ticket
nice i go there too, im a sophmore also. i hope i get louisville/pitt tickets this year
Old 08-13-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
correct me if im wrong, but at some schools, dont you have to pay for your fball and bball tix?
We have to here, it's like $180 for just football and like $245 for all-sports.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
We have to here, it's like $180 for just football and like $245 for all-sports.
where you go?

dchess, whered you live last year? where you livin this year?

i lived in brooke tower, and this year my cousin and i have a townhouse about 1 mile from the stadium; its by the sheetz by the stadium
Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
where you go?

dchess, whered you live last year? where you livin this year?

i lived in brooke tower, and this year my cousin and i have a townhouse about 1 mile from the stadium; its by the sheetz by the stadium
im actually transferring, so i gotta live int he dorms. i got a single at boreman, pretty pumped about that. nice abt the townhouse, if you have a party, hit me up :)

oh and when you moving in
Old 08-13-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

my cousins moving in 2morrow; i already took my stuff down, but im goin to my aunts in fla, so either sat or sun

anyone can get served down there, if you didnt know; just watch out on gamedays, cuz they have undercovers, but they where shirts saying they are ABC--alcohol board of control

when you movin in? where you transferring from? if you got facebook, pm your link
Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
my cousins moving in 2morrow; i already took my stuff down, but im goin to my aunts in fla, so either sat or sun

anyone can get served down there, if you didnt know; just watch out on gamedays, cuz they have undercovers, but they where shirts saying they are ABC--alcohol board of control

when you movin in? if you got facebook, pm your link
ok cool, yeah ill do that. i heard bent willys is sweet

oh and im moving in friday at 8 :/
Old 08-13-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

yea i heard that too, except its 21 and over and i dont have a fake
Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
yea i heard that too, except its 21 and over and i dont have a fake
yeah i saw that. where do you go just 18 and over and they just normally serve
Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

fins always serves---its a bar---its behind casa d'amici; its my favorite, cuz i dont really like dancing, and you can just sit and chill

club z and illusions are hit and miss--there clubs

chasers---hit and miss---dance floor in middle, then pool tables and seats in back

shooters---always serves; it sucks though; its an all freshman bar/club---went there once, hated it, will never go back; it will be crowed like 1st 2 wks though, cuz thats like the only place freshman know about

envy---never went there, cuz i dont know how to say this w/o offending some people, so its like where a lot of the under 21 fball players hang out, and im really not that type; thats prob the nicest way i can say it

dubvmenus.com---has all the specials for everyone
Old 08-13-2007, 02:11 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
fins always serves---its a bar---its behind casa d'amici; its my favorite, cuz i dont really like dancing, and you can just sit and chill

club z and illusions are hit and miss--there clubs

chasers---hit and miss---dance floor in middle, then pool tables and seats in back

shooters---always serves; it sucks though; its an all freshman bar/club---went there once, hated it, will never go back; it will be crowed like 1st 2 wks though, cuz thats like the only place freshman know about

envy---never went there, cuz i dont know how to say this w/o offending some people, so its like where a lot of the under 21 fball players hang out, and im really not that type; thats prob the nicest way i can say it

dubvmenus.com---has all the specials for everyone
sounds good, thanks for the info. hit me up once school starts.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
im actually transferring, so i gotta live int he dorms. i got a single at boreman, pretty pumped about that. nice abt the townhouse, if you have a party, hit me up :)

oh and when you moving in
why are you transferring from OSU?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
why are you transferring from OSU?
i ddint go to osu
Old 08-13-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i ddint go to osu
oh. probably got you mixed up with JBOND lol.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
networking is your biggest tool.
You're right about that.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My roommates girlfriend leaves for U of I on Sunday (thank god). She's cool as hell but she's basically living here right now, and it's getting really annoying. I graduated with her and she's a friend of mine but she really needs to go live at home, well because she's not paying rent here and whenever she's over my roommate closes his bedroom door and just stays with her, so they don't really socialize with me when she's over.

No "stories" yet but that'll change this weekend, some guy in our complex is having a kegger (4 kegs I believe he's getting) so that should be interesting. Hella people over on Saturday Night, and probably some will end up over at our place. (mostly girls) ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
where you go?
look at my location...