Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Teel's chance in the nfl?

He's only a junior now... I know he sometimes makes poor decisions and he's got ray rice behind him but i think he could be a day 2 pick in '09... I think he could make a good backup and if he was under a knowledgeable vet i think he could one day be a starter... just my opinion
Old 08-13-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
SunDevil450

there is no way teel gets to the nfl at his current level at play. Teel can barely play his role and i would be surprised to see him drafted
Old 08-14-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Teel looked much better down the stretch last year once the WRs improved, and is having a great camp. I wouldn't put too much weight on struggles as a sophomore, he still has two years to improve.

He's not an elite prospect or anything but he's tall and has a big arm. That's what the NFL looks for.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

journeyman at best
But whatever gets him the paycheck!
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
EddieRoyalVT4
Rookie

EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.

Ryan Hart was probably better on an obviously much worse team...he didn't make it to Sunday's, neither will Teel.
EddieRoyalVT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hart didnt have the attention teel is going to get... teel has some pretty good recievers that are young so if he plays smart i think he'll get drafted
Old 08-14-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieRoyalVT4 View Post
Ryan Hart was probably better on an obviously much worse team...he didn't make it to Sunday's, neither will Teel.
Its a little early to judge which one will be better dont ya think?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teel wasn't even the guaranteed the starting job at Rutgers this fall. He should secure that even more before he is worried about playing on Sundays.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieRoyalVT4 View Post
Ryan Hart didn't have a positive TD/INT ratio until his senior year. He was a homeless man's Chad Pennington. Some random guy off the street would have more arm strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Teel wasn't even the guaranteed the starting job at Rutgers this fall. He should secure that even more before he is worried about playing on Sundays.
Er, what? That's not true at all. Schiano was itching to play Teel two years ago over Hart. He is absolutely infatuated with Teel.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some were hoping Natale would come in and push Teel. Thats a fact. Teel hasn't exactly blown anyone away. The fact that Schiano was itching to play Teel over Hart, doesn't neccesarily say anythign about Teel. Hart was just awful.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I dont think Teel will ever play in the NFL. If guys like Kliff Kingsbury, B.J. Symons, Jeff Smoker... The list goes on who were all better then Teel in their college days cant stay in the NFL ranks I dont see how Teel will, but like you said he has time to get better.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Teel is only a junior right, too soon to be comparing his abilities w/ guys who have already played(Hart,Smoker, etc). AFter this year sure, but now is way too soon.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Teel is only a junior right, too soon to be comparing his abilities w/ guys who have already played(Hart,Smoker, etc). AFter this year sure, but now is way too soon.
I understand what your saying thats why I said he still has time to improve his skills and maybe get drafted, but who knows.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Some were hoping Natale would come in and push Teel. Thats a fact. Teel hasn't exactly blown anyone away. The fact that Schiano was itching to play Teel over Hart, doesn't neccesarily say anythign about Teel. Hart was just awful.
"Some" fans upset by his poor first half. Natale is unlikely to ever see the field because of his elbow injury. Teel is lightyears ahead of Lovelace and Etienne at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
I dont think Teel will ever play in the NFL. If guys like Kliff Kingsbury, B.J. Symons, Jeff Smoker... The list goes on who were all better then Teel in their college days cant stay in the NFL ranks I dont see how Teel will, but like you said he has time to get better.
Kingsbury/Symons were system QBs all the way. No one thought they'd do anything. Teel at least plays in a pro-style offense, and he has two years left. No one knows how he'll do, but the one thing we can point at is Teel was much better at the end of the year as Britt and Brown emerged as true freshmen. Smoker's problem was more that he had substance abuse issues iirc.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Even though Kingsbury and Symons were system quarterbacks they were still pretty good.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-14-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Teel has a funny release.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hart was awful. please stop comparing the two. Hart had some decent TD numbers but his INT's nd mistakes were through the roof. please watch some RU football for a while before you talk abuot the most recent and current QB. the only other people so far in this thread who prob know what they're talking about are Jug and maybe Jonny.

and teel has always been pushed by Lovelace and Natale
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what will happen with Teel, but you guys are being way too hard on Ryan Hart. He played on bad teams and had so much pressure thrust upon him. He had good mobility and not as terrible an arm as everyone is saying. I'm still pissed that Schiano played Teel over Hart for a couple games.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I don't know what will happen with Teel, but you guys are being way too hard on Ryan Hart. He played on bad teams and had so much pressure thrust upon him. He had good mobility and not as terrible an arm as everyone is saying. I'm still pissed that Schiano played Teel over Hart for a couple games.
My buddy who didn't even play High School football destroyed Ryan Hart in a throwing accuracy competition two years ago at the ESPN Zone in times square. He wasn't the only one either.