Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default BF51's Top Ten Coaches on the Hot Seat

Hello boys and girls....what? No girls? Oh...well....

I thought I would delve into a favorite pastime of mine and speculate on what coaches are at the most risk of getting fired this season. Of course it's almost impossible that 10 coaches will get fired (particularly after the high #'s last year), but I think ten is a good number to speculate on, plus I'm a big fan of the Romans and their fancy numerical system.

1) Tom Coughlin

This one is a given. I'm still surprised that he wasn't fired last year, but I think with the Jerry Reese as the new GM he didn't want to totally shake up the roster. Coughlin is going to likely be the scapegoat on what is the start of a rebuilding project in New York. They have a decent group of young players, but their non-chalant attitude towards losing their LT and the possible retirement of Strahan indicate that this is a team looking to rebuild and still be competitive at the same time. That's a very hard thing to do, particularly when your own players don't buy into what you're saying.

2) Romeo Crennel

Romeo oh Romeo...where for art thou Romeo? If he's not careful he'll be shitcanned by December. One almost has to feel bad for the guy because he inherited a team with no QB and with the stigma of losing and constant injuries. On top of that there is a fanbase that is dreadfully sick of losing and particularly of getting creamed by the Ravens and Steelers. This of course present the dilemma of whether to start a guy that MIGHT give you a better chance to win and keep your job in Frye, or hope that by tying yourself to Quinn immediately you position yourself as part of the future built around him. If I'm Romeo I do the latter. Sadly, I think the fact that Crennel looks like a giant penguin on the sideline doesn't help his cause either. This is an image conscious league and Romeo's quiet personality and pear-shaped physique don't exude confidence for a franchise that desperately needs it. Shallow? Sure. Incorrect? Ask Charlie Weis' plastic surgeon.

3) Jon Gruden

It's been a long time since Chucky won the Superbowl. He used to have Mike Shannahan-like job security a few years ago but I think that's worn completely thin. He seems to have stemmed away from constantly bringing in overpriced veterans to stay competitive and hold off rebuilding, but the signing of Jeff Garcia and trade for Jake Plummer still indicate that he is desperate to win now. Is Tampa better off rebuilding with a coach that seemingly refuses to rebuild? I think we'll find out this year.

4) Jack Del Rio

There has been too much scrutiny of lots of people in Jacksonville the last few years and it starts right at the top. I personally think that the talent level in Jacksonville is overstated and that considering Del Rio hasn't the most inexpensive staff in the league he's done a pretty fine job. That being said he's going into his 5th year in Jacksonville and has only made the playoffs once, just to get his ass handed to him. It's a hard hard world in the AFC, especially in Peyton Manning's shadow, but Del Rio needs to make some noise in the playoffs or he's likely done. Flirting with the LSU job a few years back likely didn't help his stock either.

5) Mike Nolan

Here's where it gets interesting. Currently nobody is talking about Nolan being on the hot seat, and that the Niners are a team primed for a huge upswing, but here's the kicker. What if it doesn't happen? What if Alex Smith doesn't develop? What if the money spent in the offseason doesn't result in a playoff berth? Mike Nolan's future is directly tied to Alex Smith. If Smith succeeds, Nolan is a hero. If not....he's a guy with an 11-21 record in San Fran. Some may criticize this pick, but the days of San Fran being a low-pressure job are over. Just like Crennel, he needs to produce or he could be gonzo. This is the same owner that fired Dennis Erickson after two season and Mariucci after he won the division and a playoff game.

6) Joe Gibbs

Would Snyder actually have the cajones to fire Gibbs? I'm not sure. Should he if they don't succeed this year? Absolutely. I think it's highly questionable how much Gibbs actually 'coaches' anyway and with the obvious friction between Al Saunders and Gibbs about how the team should be run, another huge stinker like they had last year and I think Gibbs will voluntarily walk away. Gibbs is unquestionably one of the greatest coaches of all time and I don't think he's the type of coach to continually soil his legacy out of sheer stubbornness.

7) John Fox

In all fairness Fox should probably be 5th if the reports are true, however I refuse to buy into them. Fox is a great coach, and the success that he's had in the playoffs is undeniable. While he might not have the extreme upside of a guy like Gruden, he also doesn't have the extreme downside of a guy like Gruden. Ownership may be tired of the inconsistant play and the lack of a Superbowl in 5 seasons, but the team he has put together is still the envy of a lot of other toilet-dwellers in the NFC. I think it would be a mistake to fire him unless the Panthers absolutely tank, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

8) Mike Holmgren

This is a situation similar to Gibbs, although Holmgren will be going into season nine with the Seahawks. He's flirted with retiring before, and I think that is the more likely scenario, but he does have a 3-5 playoff record with the Seahawks, and they don't appear to be a team on the upswing. I think an NFL coaches shelf-life with one team usually lasts about 10 years max. It might be best for both sides to move on if they don't at least make the Superbowl this year.

9) Brad Childress / Rod Marinelli

Last season was undoubtedly rough for the Vikings. After starting 4-2 they only won 2 of their next 10 games down the stretch. Similarly, the Lions continued their 50 year long voyage of sucktatude by winning 3 games. The good news for the Lions is that things look up this year and 8-9 wins is not out of the question. The bad news is that they are the Lions. I put these two together because it's not common for coaches to be given only 2 years to succeed and both owners/GM's have tied themselves rather closely with said guys. That being said, Childress has a personality that makes Bellicheck look like Bob Ross, and while that's acceptable when winning, a 2-3 win season could spell an early exit for a coach that is putting all of his faith in Tavaris Jackson. Likewise, although Millen will likely stick with Marinelli till the very end, how long could that possibly be for Millen? God would only hope for Lions fans that if they don't win this year he'll get canned. Is the new guy going to want a drill sergeant from the Millen regime as his new coach?

10 Lane Kiffen

Until Al Davis dies this is always a safe bet.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your list is good BF_51. I would also consider Wade Philipps in Dallas. I mean, Jerry Jones is the George Steinbrinner of the NFL. And they seem hell bent about Jason Garrett being the next coach. And u never know, a disappointing season, and u could see Phillips gone. Another one is Brian Billick. He seems to be on the hot seat every year. Yeah, I know he prolly got off of it after winning the AFC North last year, but what if they take a step backwards. Lastly, Marvin Lewis. He has had the cloud over him with the off the field issues. And also I think another 8-8 season, I don't know if management can deal with struggles on and off the field.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Your list is good BF_51. I would also consider Wade Philipps in Dallas. I mean, Jerry Jones is the George Steinbrinner of the NFL. And they seem hell bent about Jason Garrett being the next coach. And u never know, a disappointing season, and u could see Phillips gone. Another one is Brian Billick. He seems to be on the hot seat every year. Yeah, I know he prolly got off of it after winning the AFC North last year, but what if they take a step backwards. Lastly, Marvin Lewis. He has had the cloud over him with the off the field issues. And also I think another 8-8 season, I don't know if management can deal with struggles on and off the field.
Damn I totally forgot about Marvin Lewis. He was supposed to be 7th but it slipped my mind.

Wade is a possibility but if the Cowboys struggle I don't see the logic in promoting from within. Then again they did hire Dave Campo.

I love Brian Billick. He can do no wrong in my book. Same with Jeff Fisher.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely think this is Romeo Crennel's last season in Cleveland. Jack Del Rio I can see being fired as well, the Quarterback situation in Jacksonville is a mess.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Damn I totally forgot about Marvin Lewis. He was supposed to be 7th but it slipped my mind.

Wade is a possibility but if the Cowboys struggle I don't see the logic in promoting from within. Then again they did hire Dave Campo.

I love Brian Billick. He can do no wrong in my book. Same with Jeff Fisher.
I agree with u on Philipps, Billick, and Fisher. All of them are great coaches IMO. Unfourtunantly, Phillips works for Jerry Jones, and u can never expect the expected with him. I loved watching the 98 Vikes, they were so much fun to watch, and Billick was the mastermind, so I have been a big fan since. And I've liked FIsher since the 2000 super bowl. No one expected the Titans, but they came so close to beating the Rams.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great list except for nolan... i just don't see him getting fired without having one year with a decent team (this year) to prove himself
Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's also throw out Dick Jauron in Buffalo.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree with Nolan but that's about the only person on your list that I disagree with.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good list but the nolan one is interesting... 49ers might be overhyped and if they dont produce i dont see how you can blame nolan... if they dont do well, it was def the media and fans overhyping their moves...

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good will Crennell have to do?
Considering he came into a terrible situation I think he has a good 2 more years before he gets fired unless things turn around.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
How good will Crennell have to do?
Considering he came into a terrible situation I think he has a good 2 more years before he gets fired unless things turn around.
maybe management will flip a coin

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Lewis isn't on the hot seat. The community loves him, a very very large majority of the fans support him (even those who criticize don't want him gone yet) and even if he was doing a terrible job Mike Brown wouldn't fire him, he's stuck with worse coaches for longer.

He has a winning record after 4 seasons with a team that won 2 games after he took them over, he overachieved 2 years... reached expectations one year and underachieved last year. The off field issues are in large part to Mike Brown, he has been quoted as saying he pulled the trigger on Henry and was willing to give players a chance (it worked with Carl Pickens and Corey Dillon in the past). He acknowledged that Marvin didn't want to take on those players but he felt he could handle them which isn't the case.

Now, if Marvin goes 8-8 this year then no doubt he'll be on the hot seat in '08.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to blast you for putting Nolan on there. It's incorrect, but I won't hate on you. Just an FYI, the owner absolutely LOVES Nolan. He's not on the hotseat.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
I'm not going to blast you for putting Nolan on there. It's incorrect, but I won't hate on you. Just an FYI, the owner absolutely LOVES Nolan. He's not on the hotseat.
If the Niners only win 5-6 games and Alex Smith doesn't progress he'll be on the hot seat. I stand by what I say.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I can assure you Mike Nolan is no where near the hot seat even if the 49ers don't meet playoff expectations in 07.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure San Francisco's front office and fans alike, are all high Nolan. He's brought us a long way from the Erickson Era. No ways he's in the hot seat.. HE'S SOOOO CLOSE!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Nolan can't get fired he wears a suit. that makes him coach numero uno in my books.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, Childress is on there.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

The only reason I would say Norv Turner is not on that list already, is because of how big AJ Smith was on continuity when he brought him in, and how hard it would be to find a good replacement.

But you can sure as hell bet if he doesn't win, and win big, he's on the hot seat right away.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent list and yes I agree the only glaring exception is Marvin Lewis. He hasn't lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl or for that matter anywhere close and how fitting is it that a Brian Billick protege who's resume is based on defense can't build a solid one? Marvin Lewis, while a great person, has been the man in charge during all these off the field incidents and apparently his high character is not being adopted by the players or management when it comes to drafting players. Its a real possibility that if the Bengals once again miss the playoffs that he could be gone.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Excellent list and yes I agree the only glaring exception is Marvin Lewis. He hasn't lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl or for that matter anywhere close and how fitting is it that a Brian Billick protege who's resume is based on defense can't build a solid one? Marvin Lewis, while a great person, has been the man in charge during all these off the field incidents and apparently his high character is not being adopted by the players or management when it comes to drafting players. Its a real possibility that if the Bengals once again miss the playoffs that he could be gone.
Read my reply above.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Read my reply above.
I read your reply and yet I stick my post. Marvin Lewis needs a good/great year from this team or he's gone in my opinion. You can love the man all you want but the bottomline is he hasn't produced in the playoffs and thats what matters most.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I read your reply and yet I stick my post. Marvin Lewis needs a good/great year from this team or he's gone in my opinion. You can love the man all you want but the bottomline is he hasn't produced in the playoffs and thats what matters most.
It's not just me that supports him, it's an extremely large amount of our fan base and most importantly our owner/media. There is zero pressure on Mike Brown to even consider doing this and Marvin has only had one bad season thus far. To even have expected him to do anything in the playoffs his first 2 seasons would've been absurd and his third season a freak incident (star player getting hurt very first play) screwed us anyway. To fire him on the basis of one rough season then assuming this year isn't bad for the sake of the argument is a bit much.

He's been here 4 seasons with a winning record.

Bruce Coslett was 21-39 over 4 seasons before he got canned and Mike Shula was 19-52 before he did, all under Mike Brown. He doesn't have a quick trigger and he's the one making the call, even if I didn't want Marvin I'd still concede that he'll be here AT LEAST another 2 years even under the worst circumstances.

I'm not the sort to support my coach regardless of his performance, I love UK basketball and wanted Tubby Smith gone after this year but Marvin would have to really underachieve this year to even be on the hot seat next year.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely would have put Norv Turner there, but that's just me. He needs to win in the playoffs or he's one and done.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Millen is closer to getting fired than Marinelli.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote