Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
you lost all credibility with me when you simply couldn't spell "KIFFIN" the right way.
Sorry...I'm about as interested in the Raiders as I am the Dr. Phil show. He's gonna be fired in two years and nobody will remember him anyway.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,413
Reputation: 20288
SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Sorry...I'm about as interested in the Raiders as I am the Dr. Phil show. He's gonna be fired in two years and nobody will remember him anyway.
wow and your football IQ drops again, nice assumptions there buddy. let's just ignore what he's done this offseason and the countless people who would agree that he has the team energized and headed in the right direction.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
wow and your football IQ drops again, nice assumptions there buddy. let's just ignore what he's done this offseason and the countless people who would agree that he has the team energized and headed in the right direction.
Are any of those "countless people" not Raiders fans? Anyone with deductive reasoning skills and a brain can see that the Raiders are a haplessly pathetic franchise. He was what, their third choice for head coach? There are high school jobs that are more desireable than working for the Raiders. Get your head out of your homer ass. You just sound silly talking about football IQ and then saying the Raiders are headed in the right direction. What direction would that be? Relocation?
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: River of Deceit
Posts: 10,567
Reputation: 184159
BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
wow and your football IQ drops again, nice assumptions there buddy. let's just ignore what he's done this offseason and the countless people who would agree that he has the team energized and headed in the right direction.
They traded their best WR for a 4th round pick, they can't even sign their first round pick, and they still haven't addressed the pathetic excuse of an offensive line that they have. How is that the right direction?
__________________

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The NFC West. Where people play defense.
Posts: 10,903
Reputation: 2440077
Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
wow and your football IQ drops again, nice assumptions there buddy. let's just ignore what he's done this offseason and the countless people who would agree that he has the team energized and headed in the right direction.
Agreed. This thread became worthless a couple posts back when he said "Nolan's job is secure now" yet he ranks No. 5 on his list of coaches that could be fired this year ... and he stands by that assertion. Lame.
__________________


I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Agreed. This thread became worthless a couple posts back when he said "Nolan's job is secure now" yet he ranks No. 5 on his list of coaches that could be fired this year ... and he stands by that assertion. Lame.
There are only three coaches on that list that I would consider not having a secure job. Almost everyone is secure until they start losing. Sure Nolan looks solid now but expectations are unquestionably high in Niner land and a lot of that is on Alex Smith's unproven shoulders. If he fails to live up to expectations it's much more likely that they are going to fire the guy that coached and took a part in drafting him than parting ways with the guy they gave a massive signing bonus to. I've countlessly given reasons why, yours consist of "people really like him in San Fran" and "wanna make a bet?". Everyone likes Nolan because they think the Niners are on the upswing, but I think it's 30% tops that the Niners make the playoffs this year. They are likely in for a dissapointment.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,413
Reputation: 20288
SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Are any of those "countless people" not Raiders fans? Anyone with deductive reasoning skills and a brain can see that the Raiders are a haplessly pathetic franchise. He was what, their third choice for head coach? There are high school jobs that are more desireable than working for the Raiders. Get your head out of your homer ass. You just sound silly talking about football IQ and then saying the Raiders are headed in the right direction. What direction would that be? Relocation?
do you honestly follow football at all? ESPN on monday night football said they were headed in the right direction... I know ESPN is the be all end all source for sports, but they are very anti-raider most of the time and even they recognize that we're going in the right direction. Mark flippin Schlereth gave the Raiders credit and that's about as likely as pigs flying at most times. Just because you have failed to follow the Raiders offseason outside of us not signing Rusell, doesn't make me a homer for noticing the changes. The offensive line made dramatic improvement in the run game and are looking good in pass protection as well. against the cardinals there were screen passes executed as well as short slants and smokescreen passes, which were non existent in shell's regime. before you shoot your mouth off on topics you have no credible knowledge of, make sure you actually know what the hell you're talking about.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ok well when the Raiders win 4 games again come on back and read that. I'm sure you were excited when they hired Art Shell too. Gotta love the offseason.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
do you honestly follow football at all? ESPN on monday night football said they were headed in the right direction... I know ESPN is the be all end all source for sports, but they are very anti-raider most of the time and even they recognize that we're going in the right direction. Mark flippin Schlereth gave the Raiders credit and that's about as likely as pigs flying at most times. Just because you have failed to follow the Raiders offseason outside of us not signing Rusell, doesn't make me a homer for noticing the changes. The offensive line made dramatic improvement in the run game and are looking good in pass protection as well. against the cardinals there were screen passes executed as well as short slants and smokescreen passes, which were non existent in shell's regime. before you shoot your mouth off on topics you have no credible knowledge of, make sure you actually know what the hell you're talking about.
Well damn, when you say it like that its unbelievable that they could be one of the worst teams in the league....

Their Quarterback situation is a disaster. Their runningbacks are improved by bringing in Rhodes, their O-Line is still a mess, their WR core is led by someone who hasn't done anything in a couple years (and it's not even Randy Moss), their TE is a rookie, and the only bright spot on that team is a pretty good defense, which may be able to complement that anemic offense just well enough to win 4-6 games.

What they have done in the preseason game, against Arizona mind you, doesn't indicate Lane Kiffin has turned this team round. And lets say they do manage to win 4 games this year. Then 5 the next. You really don't think Al Davis won't fire him? That's improvement, but it sure as hell would be difficult to take steps back from 2-14, everything is improvement. If he's not winning and making a run at the playoffs, with Davis he's on the hot seat.



Kinda reminds you of the commerical...."I don't care if it is preseason, the Raiders are 4-0 baby.".....
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,708
Reputation: 3618
Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default

people don't see how badly the team was coached last year. they just see stat lines and say whatever comes to mind. we actually have a real life offensive line coach and a real life offensive coordinator. not some mayor guy who hadn't worked for a decade.

seriously look at who we had...tom walsh and john shoop as the OC.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vb
Posts: 12,598
Reputation: 12392
neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

QB- Right now their best QB is McCown. I think Culpepper isnt healthy enough yet and Russell was a terrible pick.

RB- They have a good RB by comitee system going.

WR- Porter is a good #2 and Curry could be good but gets hurt way to often. Gabriel aint bad, but dont expect anything great from him.

TE- Miller was a nice pickup.

OL- Is terrible. QB's will be sacked all day and RB's will have no where to go.

DL- Very good here. Though how much longer will Sapp be a good DT.

LB- Howard and Morrison are good, but who will line up next to them is the problem.

DB- Good starting CB's and good depth here. S spots are of some concern.


I also wanna see how will Kiffin makes the jump from Ast in college to HC in pros
Really theyre just a bit better than last year
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
people don't see how badly the team was coached last year. they just see stat lines and say whatever comes to mind. we actually have a real life offensive line coach and a real life offensive coordinator. not some mayor guy who hadn't worked for a decade.

seriously look at who we had...tom walsh and john shoop as the OC.
The Raiders, outside of Jon Gruden, have been poorly coached since the first time Art Shell was coach (and even then it wasn't anything special). People constantly turn the Raiders job down because there's no job security, which is why Davis is forced to hire guys like Shell, Bugel, or in this case a guy that has absolutely no credentials to be an NFL head coach.

I mean..was Art Shell a poor coach? Sure. But why does a guy that wasn't even entrusted to run a college offense going to make drastic improvements in the NFL with overall terrible talent?
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,708
Reputation: 3618
Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Raiders, outside of Jon Gruden, have been poorly coached since the first time Art Shell was coach (and even then it wasn't anything special). People constantly turn the Raiders job down because there's no job security, which is why Davis is forced to hire guys like Shell, Bugel, or in this case a guy that has absolutely no credentials to be an NFL head coach.

I mean..was Art Shell a poor coach? Sure. But why does a guy that wasn't even entrusted to run a college offense going to make drastic improvements in the NFL with overall terrible talent?
i agree kiffin as a head coach is a very risky move but from what i have read/seen i feel comfortable saying the team will win at least a few more games. when shell was hired i knew the season would suck. to think we could of had sean payton instead of norv turner :|
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
i agree kiffin as a head coach is a very risky move but from what i have read/seen i feel comfortable saying the team will win at least a few more games. when shell was hired i knew the season would suck. to think we could of had sean payton instead of norv turner :|
As I recall Sean Payton was another coach that turned the Raiders job down.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,360
Reputation: 4186329
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

SWEET Coughlin is number one in a coaches rankings!! (I'll take what i can get right now...)
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The NFC West. Where people play defense.
Posts: 10,903
Reputation: 2440077
Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There are only three coaches on that list that I would consider not having a secure job. Almost everyone is secure until they start losing. Sure Nolan looks solid now but expectations are unquestionably high in Niner land and a lot of that is on Alex Smith's unproven shoulders. If he fails to live up to expectations it's much more likely that they are going to fire the guy that coached and took a part in drafting him than parting ways with the guy they gave a massive signing bonus to. I've countlessly given reasons why, yours consist of "people really like him in San Fran" and "wanna make a bet?". Everyone likes Nolan because they think the Niners are on the upswing, but I think it's 30% tops that the Niners make the playoffs this year. They are likely in for a dissapointment.
Well, obviously I need to educate you since you're the only one that thinks he's on the hot seat (although you kind of flip-flopped so I don't know for sure). Anyway, here's why he isn't on the hotseat:

1. Yes, he has an 11-21 record the past 2 years. The previous coach had a 9-23 record in 2 years.
2. He took over a franchise that had the least amount of talent I've ever seen on an NFL team. They had numerous "street" free agents STARTING games.
3. He had to sit around for 2 years trying to get the team cap healthy. We're you expecting playoff teams from SF the past 2 years? No? Neither did ownership.
4. He's been bringing along a young, No. 1 QB. His first season was a disaster. No offensive line, no talent to throw to, and an injury wiped out most of the first year.
5. As I said before, the owner loves him. Why? Because he went for his job interview and showed Dr. York he's got balls. He straight up asked him why everyone thinks he's cheap. He told him that his way wasn't working. He told him what needed to be done and the price tag involved. York bought into him and his vision. You don't can that vision midway through the journey, especially when it's coming to fruition.
6. He had to rebuild not only the team on the field, but the management team as well. He made a great hire in Scot McCloughan as personnel director. Parage Marathe is their cap guy and he's doing wonders. The contracts they've signed recently are brilliantly done and leave the team in position to never enter Salary Cap Hell again. Look for yourself: http://ninercaphell.com/
7. He convinced the tight-ass owner to open up his wallet to purchase much needed new practice facility and also weight room.
8. He's done well in the draft. Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis and Joe Staley are all potential probowlers.

I think that's sufficient enough to get him off the hot seat (although, you seem to be the only one putting him there anyway.)
__________________


I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 3,025
Reputation: 987
Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.
Default

Dude, how could you leave out Tony Dungy and Bill Belichick? Those guys have been on the hot seat for the past three years.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,701
Reputation: -34
JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
You just contradicted yourself with that post............
No I didnt. The first paragraph I pointed out that Savage shouldnt be on the hot seat because he is doing a great job.

The second article I was just pointing out that if your going to pay a coach that much money (around or close to 10 mill a season), then he has to have more duties than just head coach to earn all the money. In which case they might fire Savage to make room under the cap were alloud for coaches etc.....

basically Im saying he should stay, but if somehow we got Cowher, we might not be able to keep him.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Well, obviously I need to educate you since you're the only one that thinks he's on the hot seat (although you kind of flip-flopped so I don't know for sure). Anyway, here's why he isn't on the hotseat:

1. Yes, he has an 11-21 record the past 2 years. The previous coach had a 9-23 record in 2 years.
2. He took over a franchise that had the least amount of talent I've ever seen on an NFL team. They had numerous "street" free agents STARTING games.
3. He had to sit around for 2 years trying to get the team cap healthy. We're you expecting playoff teams from SF the past 2 years? No? Neither did ownership.
4. He's been bringing along a young, No. 1 QB. His first season was a disaster. No offensive line, no talent to throw to, and an injury wiped out most of the first year.
5. As I said before, the owner loves him. Why? Because he went for his job interview and showed Dr. York he's got balls. He straight up asked him why everyone thinks he's cheap. He told him that his way wasn't working. He told him what needed to be done and the price tag involved. York bought into him and his vision. You don't can that vision midway through the journey, especially when it's coming to fruition.
6. He had to rebuild not only the team on the field, but the management team as well. He made a great hire in Scot McCloughan as personnel director. Parage Marathe is their cap guy and he's doing wonders. The contracts they've signed recently are brilliantly done and leave the team in position to never enter Salary Cap Hell again. Look for yourself: http://ninercaphell.com/
7. He convinced the tight-ass owner to open up his wallet to purchase much needed new practice facility and also weight room.
8. He's done well in the draft. Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis and Joe Staley are all potential probowlers.

I think that's sufficient enough to get him off the hot seat (although, you seem to be the only one putting him there anyway.)
Every single thing you listed there is predicated on the fact that the Niners are getting better and will be a good team this year. What I'm saying is that if they aren't, he's on the hot seat. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand.

"Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis and Joe Staley are all potential probowlers".

Oohh...I know now. Because you're a massive homer. Other than Gore what has ANY of those players done to justify a statement even remotely close to that. Because they were drafted high? That makes them a good draft pick? Use your ******* brain before you start "educating" me.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: River of Deceit
Posts: 10,567
Reputation: 184159
BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis and Joe Staley are all potential probowlers.
WTF?

Alex Smith - Well if Tony Romo can go to the Pro Bowl in the NFC based on half a season then I guess anyone can be a considered a Pro Bowl caliber QB in the NFC

Vernon Davis - Lets see what he can do about staying healthy for a season before we start that noise.

Manny Lawson - No he hasn't done anything to think that in his 1 season of work.

Patrick Willis and Joe Staley - They haven't even played a regular season game.
__________________

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The NFC West. Where people play defense.
Posts: 10,903
Reputation: 2440077
Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Every single thing you listed there is predicated on the fact that the Niners are getting better and will be a good team this year. What I'm saying is that if they aren't, he's on the hot seat. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand.
Because it's incorrect. The Niners could go 2-14 this year and Nolan would be the coach next year. This thread is about coaches that could get fired THIS year. I explained many different reasons why he isn't on the hot seat. His job has been more than just coach on the field. He's had to overhaul the entire organization. You don't fire the architect in the middle of building the house. Especially when you're happy with the architect's work so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
"Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis and Joe Staley are all potential probowlers".
What part of "potential" don't you understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Oohh...I know now. Because you're a massive homer. Other than Gore what has ANY of those players done to justify a statement even remotely close to that. Because they were drafted high? That makes them a good draft pick? Use your ******* brain before you start "educating" me.
Yes they were drafted high. And all in the past 2 years. A draft can't even be evaluated until after 3 seasons. I said potential probowlers. FN Walt Harris went to the probowl, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that those players could make it as well.
__________________


I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Funny how you only respond to mine. Patrick Willis is a potential pro-bowler in the same way that Paris Lenon is a potential pro-bowler. That's just a stupid thing to say. Saying that they were good draft picks before they've done anything, (or in the case of Smith arguably not met expectations) is being a homer.

And what exactly is everyone happy about in San Fran in terms of his "work"? Is it the fact that everyone thinks you'll win the division this year? What happens if you suck and the team the "architect" built turns out to be an overrated and overpaid pile of junk?
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The NFC West. Where people play defense.
Posts: 10,903
Reputation: 2440077
Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Fine, remove the point about his past drafts. I'll admit it's a bit homeristic. The other points were valid. Nolan isn't on the hotseat. It's that simple.
__________________


I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: River of Deceit
Posts: 10,567
Reputation: 184159
BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Fine, remove the point about his past drafts. I'll admit it's a bit homeristic. The other points were valid. Nolan isn't on the hotseat. It's that simple.
For the last time, he will be if they only win 4-5 games!
__________________

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The NFC West. Where people play defense.
Posts: 10,903
Reputation: 2440077
Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
For the last time, he will be if they only win 4-5 games!
And for the last time, he said on the hotseat THIS SEASON

Here's the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I thought I would delve into a favorite pastime of mine and speculate on what coaches are at the most risk of getting fired this season.
__________________


I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.